Welcome back Foz!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

@fozcycle welcome back brother!  If I remember you and your family have had a heck of a year. Praying for you guys.  Glad to have you back.  I really enjoyed reading about the connection you have with Maxfli and the past with your grandfather. Looking forward to your review 

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Foz - my condolences, re: your cousin... 

And on a positive note looking forward to your review and comparison to the Q Star Tour .. coincidentally I just picked up that ball to test out for myself, and to try to compare it to the MaxFli Tours that I've been using!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Played 13 holes after church yesterday and slid some tour shots in side by side with my normal gamer.

I’m just longer off the tee with the gamer, 5 yards or so on solid strikes mainly because it launches higher. After that though the balls are comparable - I’m coming to the conclusion that the Tour is an extremely competitive ball that will fit the right swing type perfectly and at a nice price point.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I played the Tour X in a round Saturday. It was a solid performer. Good distance - that is, normal distances for me. Didn’t notice any surprises distance wise as I did in prior testing. Good greenside control. A bit clicky off the putter. Still like my regular Srixon ZStar better, but wouldn’t hesitate to use the TourX in an important round if I needed to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

------------------------------

Driver:   Titleist TSr2 11 - UST Helium 5F3

Fairway: Titleist TS2 16.5 and 21 - Evenflow Riptide CB R

Irons: Titleist U505 4U and T300 5-GW - Aerotech SteelFiber i80 R

Wedges:  Cleveland Black RTX ZipCore 54 and Full Face 58 - True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge 

Putter:  Odyssey TriHot 5K TripleWide

Bag:  Titleist 15 Cart

Finally played another 18 yesterday and used the regular Tour ball instead of the X.  All was right in the game and the ball performance was exactly what I expected.  Sort of repeating myself at this point but the regular ball just fits my game and the X isn't working out as well. 

I will say after doing some more side by side comparisons on the green, I actually do prefer the X ball when putting as it feels a little more like a solid rubber thump instead of a more plasticky click.  The difference isn't super drastic but if I could take all the performance I get from the standard Tour ball and add the putting feel of the X then it would be perfect package.  If I didn't have the two to compare side by side though I probably wouldn't even notice enough to be bothered.

My bag is a revolving door!

While the Tour performed as a stronger choice for me than the TourX, the bottom line is that they are quite good for what is promised in their materials and come in at a most respectable price point.  

My outlook and  rule: all equipment in golf is personal.  

As well, I do not spend a lot of time with statistics and numbers; rather, I go by my course results and my comfort factor. Some comes from long term experiences with the various toys; some comes from surprise results.

If I were just starting out, I would be very comfortable with both balls, though I had a bigger confidence factor with the Tour.  

As I have been playing Bridgestone for about 3 years now, that brand has a stronger personal comfort factor for my gamer.  Does that make sense?

Bottom line: I would be ok with the Maxfli in my golf life of an old guy with lower swing speeds, but not super slow, improving dispersion off the target, a good putting technique and one who plays very few tournaments.

I did have great fun in testing these spheres out. This opportunity was very good for my golfing and I hope my opinions help others.

I would be very hesitant condemning them to the shag bag.  

They will be handy in my bag. For a limited distribution ball, they do quite well.  I can think of 6 or 7 balls I would feel, based on my play, I would be much more hesitant playing and perhaps 6-7 I prefer much better.

I pronounce them a fine mid point ball and even fine+ considering the price point.

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 Super Bowl Champions Bag  :  :ping: G410 Plus, Alta Red CB 55 SR Flex, GX-7 14º(acting as a 3 wood),  :ping:   G400 4H, 5H. Sr Flex,   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges graphite SR Shafts (50º, 56º, 60º),  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g :bridgestone: e12 for the items I try to hit on purposematte red, so I can see them. :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

I was able to get out and play a full course the other day, and decided to use the Tour X. I feel like I have a good handle on where the Tour ball fits, and wanted to do the Tour X justice. 

As I’ve experienced before, it is definitely on the firm side. Ball flight was lower than I’m used to, and it cost me a little distance. 

Overall, the ball performs really well. It just isn’t the ball for me. Both are durable, hold a line well on putts, are a bit lower on spin but not drastically...they’re an excellent budget ball. I’d feel comfortable saying that at 75% the cost of a Pro V1, they are absolutely at least 75% as good of a ball. Are they on a level footing with Titleist? No. 

If you’re looking for a ball that is a little cheaper and allows you to spend more money playing golf, I’d consider this ball. The real conversation comes with how Maxfli compares to Snell. I think the Snell outperforms the Maxfli in everything except durability, and comes in at a lower price point. For these reasons, I’ll continue to game the Snell. If I opened a box of Maxfli at Christmas I wouldn’t be upset about it though. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

Played 9 today at St Lucie Trail golf club. Course was not crowded, I got out as a single and played the Pro VIx and Maxfli tour head to head - shot 37, 38 but that’s really not significant.

What was is that I launch the Ix higher leading to extra distance driver when there’s a ridge in the fairway or something to carry.

Here’s an example:

IMG_1429.JPG

It was a par 5 - I had 240 to the front of a well guarded green from this spot with the Maxfli - no chance - laid back to 85, hit a nice 52 degrees to 20 feet, 2 putt par.

I was 16 closer with the 1x, got a 5 wood just short on the up slope, chipped to 5 feet, birdie.

Also the higher launch let me carry a false front on an uphill par 3 from 165 with 6 iron. I had a nice 20 foot uphill putt with that one. The Tour ball hit into the bank leaving a difficult bump and run up the false front. I made that stroke on the other par 5 where I made birdie with the Tour ball and didn’t with my gamer.

I suspect there are guys out there who would love the Tour ball. It’s pretty stable in the wind, has a nice penetrating ball flight and is very consistent. I did have a couple of drives that were a bit longer than the Pro VIx but these may have been due to where the ball landed or how they were hit.

If I flush each I’m longer with the Ix every time with driver. Very close with irons.

I see no benefit to the CG alignment aid in regards to performance.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Okay, I tried the Tour X for two rounds, then the Tour for two rounds. Overall, I prefer the Tour, as it gave me more height and kept me in the fairways. The fact that I played 2 rounds and the ball is still very playable, speaks wonders for me.

more to come.......

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

IMG_1813.thumb.JPG.6f2606752364298d47ac5ef3efdfec64.JPGIMG_1814.thumb.JPG.43a543230448be8d3677e0a2a21b1288.JPG

Tour X after two rounds.....the ball at the top of the pic is the one gamed for 36 holes......on the reverse side, only a slight imperfection.....very durable!

#CobraCONNECT using the new F8’s from Cobra

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Can anyone that is doing testing compare the Maxfli Tour to TM Project A?

:wilson_staff_small: :taylormade-small: :cobra-small: :touredgeexotics: :cleveland-small: :PXG:               

Cobra SpeedZone 9*
TourEdge EXS 18* 
TourEdge C721 22*H
PXG 0211 DC 6-P + G
Cleveland Zipcore Full Face 52/58*
Wilson Staff Infinite Michigan Ave
Taylormade Tour Response

4 hours ago, SmoothG said:

I haven’t played the project A, but I do have a box of them. I’ll give it a go next time out!

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

I’ve played the Project A in the past. From my perspective these are vastly different Golf Balls. The Project A is very similar in distance but that is were the similarities end. The Project A performed better on the greens as well as approach shots into the greens.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

9 hours ago, SteddyGolf said:

I’ve played the Project A in the past. From my perspective these are vastly different Golf Balls. The Project A is very similar in distance but that is were the similarities end. The Project A performed better on the greens as well as approach shots into the greens.

I had completely the opposite experience with the Project A in terms of distance.  The very first generation of the project A was the only version I actually liked.  The 2nd and 3rd generation kept getting softer and softer in compression and I lost major distance off the tee.  The Maxfli Tour has a decent compression rating (100+) and seems quite quick off the face of the driver.  

My bag is a revolving door!

I was playing a Tour this past Monday and was 2 under stepping up to no. 9 tee.  I pushed the drive right OB and that was the last of that ball.  I'll never know whether the Maxfli Tour had anything to do with that (my personal best) nine holes or not but I'll for damn sure remember what ball I was playing 🙂

After almost two handfuls of rounds, I have come to the conclusion that the Tour X is simply too hard for my tastes but I do like the Tour.  To be real honest, I am not noticing a significant difference in performance between the Maxfli Tour and the other balls I most frequently play (Pro V1, Chromesoft, and TM TP5).  As noted previously, the ones I received are very well balanced - so if that is an important attribute to you, and mine are representative of their production quality, a balanced ball you will get.

For me, the Tour X performed better in distance (slightly) and felt softer on short chips around the green.  I did not feel/see much difference in iron shots or putting.  My tests driving and putting the ball with the CG Balance mark in-line with the target and at 90 degrees resulted in no significant difference. Perhaps our tester with the "man cave" launch system could run this test as well - much easier than doing this on the course. Perhaps the shot tracker might show some difference?  I wish I had such a system as I'd do it for sure.

In summary, I think the Tour and Tour X are good ball for their price point and definitely worth your consideration; particularly when Dicks has them on sale.  Based on my results and the trending feedback amongst the test group, I would suggest starting with the Tour model.  I think Maxfli has a competitive player here in the "tour ball" category.  👏

Thank you again MaxFli (Dicks Sporting Goods) and MGS for selecting me to be part of this review!

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I had the chance to escape to some warmer weather this past week and play 3 different courses. 90% of the time when I play it is on my "home" course where I know every shot I need to hit. This was a rude awakening as I had not played a different course since spring. I only packed a handful of balls so the first day I played the Tour, second day was Tour X, and the last day was a mix. Being that these courses were in TX the grass was different than up here in IL. The more I am able to play with both the Tour and Tour X the more consistent they feel to me. As I said in my first post, I look for a ball that inspires confidence. I would say there are fitting that nicely. I have not found a ball in the box that has given me anything but a consistent performance. I notice the higher ball flight that they claim, however in my “lab” testing the result seem different. More to come on the test results soon. 

The Hills

IMG_4314.JPG.f7bd6d0dfc97b418497e44b784e28663.JPG

Flintrock Falls

IMG_4325.JPG.106b19334e4fa1f122e4abe23a4639bb.JPG

Yapon

IMG_4346.JPG.b0ef874836bcd472e419ab1c45a85fc2.JPG

Over the 3 days one ball did get donated to someone’s backyard. I thought of retrieving it but then noticed someone filming me from the house so thought better of it. 

IMG_4329.JPG.aebb8459da1f1c01d091f4bbcc105721.JPG

Edited by the_hammer

Driver:    :taylormade-small:  M2 9.5°

3 Wood:  :taylormade-small: Jetspeed

Irons:      :taylormade-small: RocketBallz 

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Mill Grind 2 50° - Tour Preferred EF 54° & 60°

Putter:    :taylormade-small: Ghost Tour Black Maranello

Ball :        :titelist-small:  ProV1

On 11/21/2019 at 7:46 AM, SmoothG said:

Played nine with both balls yesterday. The project A is noticeably softer. I’m not a huge fan. Even on missed hits it is so soft that I don’t get the same responsiveness from the ball. Everything feels close to pure. I’d recommend the Maxfli. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

I'm curious - a number of us have found that the Tour x is much shorter off the driver than the Tour and our gamer while others have found it to be about the same.  Interestingly it reports around the same as my gamer on my SC but it is never the same when I get to the ball.  In fact in nearly two months I've yet to have a drive with the Tour X travel as far as my gamer, ever, including when I haven't flushed my gamer and have nutted the Tour X.   I've had the Tour out past my gamer a few times though its clear and to be expected that my gamer is a bit longer as my gamer matches my swing profile better.  I could easily see the Maxfli Tour being a great fit for a faster and higher launch, high spin type than my swing produces.

My question is what swing type is working with the Maxfli Tour x.  It's double digits shorter than either the Tour or my gamer for me - sometimes close to 20 yards on full shots from my gamer.  I'd either have to quit the sport  altogether or move up a set of tees to game it (and at my age I'm running out of tee sets to move up.)  Could those who get the same distance, WITH DRIVER, please let us know what your swing type is?  Swing Speed, aggressive or smooth transition, high spin, low spin, negative/positive AoA.  I think this would help people who are considering these balls with their decision making.

Thanks 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I’m around 100mph swing speed, medium transition, slight positive angle I think. Both Tour and TourX are about the same distance for me, both 5-10 yards shorter than my preferred Srixon ZStar off the driver. The Tour is a bit shorter and MUCH higher than the TourX and ZStar with my irons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

------------------------------

Driver:   Titleist TSr2 11 - UST Helium 5F3

Fairway: Titleist TS2 16.5 and 21 - Evenflow Riptide CB R

Irons: Titleist U505 4U and T300 5-GW - Aerotech SteelFiber i80 R

Wedges:  Cleveland Black RTX ZipCore 54 and Full Face 58 - True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge 

Putter:  Odyssey TriHot 5K TripleWide

Bag:  Titleist 15 Cart

10 hours ago, revkev said:

I'm curious - a number of us have found that the Tour x is much shorter off the driver than the Tour and our gamer while others have found it to be about the same.  Interestingly it reports around the same as my gamer on my SC but it is never the same when I get to the ball.  In fact in nearly two months I've yet to have a drive with the Tour X travel as far as my gamer, ever, including when I haven't flushed my gamer and have nutted the Tour X.   I've had the Tour out past my gamer a few times though its clear and to be expected that my gamer is a bit longer as my gamer matches my swing profile better.  I could easily see the Maxfli Tour being a great fit for a faster and higher launch, high spin type than my swing produces.

My question is what swing type is working with the Maxfli Tour x.  It's double digits shorter than either the Tour or my gamer for me - sometimes close to 20 yards on full shots from my gamer.  I'd either have to quit the sport  altogether or move up a set of tees to game it (and at my age I'm running out of tee sets to move up.)  Could those who get the same distance, WITH DRIVER, please let us know what your swing type is?  Swing Speed, aggressive or smooth transition, high spin, low spin, negative/positive AoA.  I think this would help people who are considering these balls with their decision making.

Thanks 

My driver swing speed is about 118-120 and the Tour X goes further than the Tour. I would say it is about 5-7 yards further. Still shorter than the Snell though. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

I found the 100 compression of the Tour X simply too hard for my tastes and slower swing speed.  I played the Tour again today for 18 holes and it has yielded the second lowest score since arriving in Yuma.  I'm definitely including them on my short list of balls that work for me and will keep an eye out for them on sale. 

I find both the Tour and Tour X so much shorter of the tee that I’m losing as many as four strokes (two a side) per round. If a Par 4 is greater than 380 yards I more often than not end up with a 6 iron or longer into the green. My sweet spot is the 7, 8 and 9 iron trio. Hitting shorter drives takes those clubs out of my hands. The rest of the little nuances of these balls I can adapt to and normalize my scoring. The distance or lack there of is really the killer for me.

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

@fixyourdivots and SteddyGolf could you refresh our memories about your games please - mainly about your SS and type (fast, smooth, etc) with driver?

Thanks

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

@fixyourdivots and SteddyGolf could you refresh our memories about your games please - mainly about your SS and type (fast, smooth, etc) with driver?

Thanks

My driver Swing Speed is in the mid 90s and ball speed is about 136. Total distance on average is 245 total. I use either a Ping G400 or a Taylor Made M4. The shaft is regular in both drivers. My irons are Mizuno MP5 with AMT Black Shafts or Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with Project X Graphite Shafts (S).

I finished the summer at a +.05 handicap.

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

2 hours ago, revkev said:

Thanks

My numbers are very similar to @SteddyGolfexcept I'm hitting the G410 Plus, CB Alta 65 shaft.  My swing is quite compact... Tony Finau-esque.  Swing tempo and transition is on the fast side (something I'm always trying to manage).  Now, if only my handicap matched those two guys, I'd be thrilled 🙂.

Just a Cyber Monday (12/02) heads up, in case anyway wanted more MaxFlis on the cheap -- Dick's is running a sale ... 1 dozen @ $19.98 with free shipping. 

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

My driver Swing Speed is in the mid 90s and ball speed is about 136. Total distance on average is 245 total. I use either a Ping G400 or a Taylor Made M4. The shaft is regular in both drivers. My irons are Mizuno MP5 with AMT Black Shafts or Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with Project X Graphite Shafts (S).

I finished the summer at a +.05 handicap.

Nice this is right where I was at 10 years ago. Then I got older :(

Thanks

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

So I got out the other day in what will probably be one of the last rounds of the year.  It was only around 40* at the 1st tee.  Wasn't really bad as I prefer the cold temperatures.  

This ball does not like the cold.  Either one.  They were both really short off the tee & the irons.  Not sure if it really was the cold air but they seemed to be like rocks off the clubface.  Especially short pitches around the green ... a more noticeable "click" sound to them.  I couldn't get them to stop at all & the greens were still holding, as I could stop other balls.  But these I just couldn't control the distances at all.  I was able to hit multiple shots on the holes as there were only about 3 other groups out on the course.  With no one in front or behind me, it was a great time for practice.  

Both balls were considerably behind the other two balls I was gaming at the time, ProV1 & Srixon Z-Star XV.  I had to take one club more into the greens & they were about 5 - 8 yards behind off the tee.  Not much mind you, but  still.   They did perform pretty well into the wind though.  Didn't balloon or drop out of the sky.  That was about the only "Good" thing they did that day.  Maybe it wasn't a good test to be out in the cold air?  These balls all start out at room temperature, as I keep all my golf stuff in the corner of the Nut Cave in the house.  I would rotate the balls on each hole ... warm them up as best I could in my pockets.  

Hopefully there is still more golf for me before Old Man Winter finally sets in.  Sure wish I was retired so I could play more.  Oh well. 

Till next time  ...... 

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot