TESTERS WANTED! ×

DeChambeau Getting Swole

GolfSpy MPR

I suspect you've already seen Bryson's announcement that he wanted to bulk up in two months. According to him, he's right on schedule:

That's huge weight gain.

Alright, start with the easy jokes: this at least puts him in the same weight class as Brooks when they throw down over BD's slow play, etc.

But what's your prediction on the effect of this on his game? I'm intrigued. I'm certainly no expert, but looking at his full swing, it doesn't seem to me that he generates his power on the basis of limber fluidity. For that reason, I don't think this will hurt his full swing play at all. I have no expectations as to what effect it might have on his short game touch, but I lean toward the position that working out will make him a muscle-bound hulk with hands of stone is a myth that can be debunked.

Ultimately, the only stat that matters is scoring. So here's the question: will yoked up BD's scoring average from last season (70.177, 20th on Tour) go up or down this season?

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

I’ve been closely following BAD’s off season program and pondered some of the same questions.

Considering the combo of his background and the single plane/length system, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s working a theory where (increased lever mass = more stable delivery through the entire impact collision). And because he employs such little wrist action in his short game, I think a “mass = stability” theory may hold even more promise on the delicate shots (ie - green-side rough), where you cannot rely on speed to fend off torsional force. 

I’m also curious to learn more about the neuro side of his program. Which from my limited understanding, is aimed at maintaining twitch speed availability.

It’s easy to draw comparisons between Bryson and Johnny Miller... amateur pedigree, meteoric early professional career trajectory and subsequent massive lean gain goals. The latter arguably ruined Miller’s career and I’m very interesting to see how it affects different segments of Bryson’s game this season.

So to answer your question re: scoring average (total guess here) - not much change season long but significantly higher early season with charging late season improvements.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

I think overall it will be good for him. The part that worries me a little bit is the speed in which he has added the weight. That is usually a precursor to injury. I am sure he has the best people and fully researched it however that is my thought. My guess is scoring average stays very similar. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

That much weight in a short period of time is water and food weight and more body fat than muscle.

as for the effects in his swing I think his one plane approach won’t be as impacted as someone not using ones plane. The body won’t need to adjust the swing as much as it would for someone else changing their body composition in either direction.

im curious how much this has to do the new shafts he will be playing from la golf. I believe they are even more of a big boy shaft than his current x7

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Muscle is heavier than fat. Thought the thread heading was about a tubby Bryson, glad to see its about a fitter one.

I had a PT for 6 months (before I got Married) and put on weight but looked slimmer and healthier- muscle.

The good thing about marriage is you can stop looking after yourself and eat anything you want..............😂

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

I don't think we'll see any kind of significant degradation of his game beyond what was mentioned by @downlowkey. If anything, I think the decision to add some muscle will simply allow Bryson to prolong his career as the extra mass and focus on twitch muscle fibers should allow him to swing a bit easier - though he could use it as an excuse to try and hit the ball further. 

As pointed out by @03trdblack, the additional weight was packed on over the course of the year so it most certainly isn't fat and water weight, and the visuals back that up. Even if he did pack on the muscle in a shorter span it's difficult to say where the gains would be coming from without knowing actual numbers or seeing more detailed photos (Bryson with his shirt off - I'll pass). Everyone puts on weight differently, and much like weight loss - where an overweight person can often lose weight faster and more easily than someone of a "normal" weight - weight gain can sometimes be achieved more easily by someone with a lower muscle mass. 

The thing I think I'm most surprised by is his target goal of 230lbs. Bryson is all of 2" taller than me according to Google and a lean 220lbs seems plenty big. Quite frankly, I wouldn't be looking to go much further than maybe 205lbs personally. I think we'll probably see him roll it back from 230lbs at some point to something that's more sustainable.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Per the linked document he put on the weight over a matter of weeks. That is going to be more water weight and fat than muscle. He is curling 25lbs pretty easily and that’s not going to be any type of overload needed to build muscle. Maybe his goal is to add a bunch of weight/size then use that as a foundation to build muscle and get a little leaner off.

https://www.golf.com/news/2019/10/24/bryson-dechambeau-gaining-muscle-weight-quickly/

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

I struggle to see how getting "more fit" would negatively impact one's game any worse than getting "less fit"

BD has always been very deliberate and "scientific" (some of it may be made up) in his approach to the game of golf. As long as he is still able to cash checks, then this body transformation worked for him.

I am not a big BD fan, but I appreciate that he approaches the game from a different perspective and succeeds with it.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

1 hour ago, palvord said:

I struggle to see how getting "more fit" would negatively impact one's game any worse than getting "less fit"

BD has always been very deliberate and "scientific" (some of it may be made up) in his approach to the game of golf. As long as he is still able to cash checks, then this body transformation worked for him.

I am not a big BD fan, but I appreciate that he approaches the game from a different perspective and succeeds with it.

Nothing wrong with getting fit but one has to be cognizant of the changes in ones physique and the effects it can have on the swing. Bigger guys that lose a lot of weight turn differently and the club moves differently since it doesn’t have to work around a bigger mass and it causes issues with timing and path. The same for those who had size it changes how the club moves and how the body moves.

In answer to the question... dunno.  That's quite a bit of weight gain and I should think it would affect swing mechanics to some degree. In the case of pro's, this may not be as problematic because they are still practicing daily (likely) and can make adjustments in parallel. In watching the video clip I will say that, based on his facial expressions and apparent discomfort, he needs to be careful not to tear something up.  Shoulders and their mechanical innards aren't exactly the best designed joint on our anatomy.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

3 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

In answer to the question... dunno.  That's quite a bit of weight gain and I should think it would affect swing mechanics to some degree. In the case of pro's, this may not be as problematic because they are still practicing daily (likely) and can make adjustments in parallel. In watching the video clip I will say that, based on his facial expressions and apparent discomfort, he needs to be careful not to tear something up.  Shoulders and their mechanical innards aren't exactly the best designed joint on our anatomy.

I have a feeling he is posting those pics in a manner to make you think he’s doing serious weight on the tricep extension but more than likely it’s not a lot of weight just making it look that way

Those videos and pics also don't show where in his set he was.

Bryson talked about how he is attacking his strength training regime in an interview a few weeks back.

He's working out in a very specific fashion with specific exercises so that he doesn't hurt himself or cause any long-term damage while he trains as near as possible the tipping point so he's getting the maximum result.

As with anything Bryson, this is not a prototypical fitness plan.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

Here's a comment Bryson made on the original instagram post.IMG_20191025_202341.jpeg

Dude likes to ramble off things that feed into his scientist persona. 

13 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Dude likes to ramble off things that feed into his scientist persona. 

Or maybe he's done some research and is working with professionals who know what they're doing better than any of us. There's a lot more science to packing on weight than what you appear to suggest. He could be (and most likely is) using a combination of methods to properly target and fatigue his muscles based on the specifics of his personal goals.

If you know anything, you can see in the video that he is doing an isolation movement with some pretty strict form which very often requires less weight. It's also possible he could be working on a hypertrophy set which is a common method employed by body builders to pack on muscle mass as it breaks down the muscle fibers beyond that of your "normal" weight lifting. Of course, he'd have to be mixing in some sort of heavy core lifts or other explosive movements (box jumps for instance) to target twitch muscle fibers, and work on recruiting multiple muscle groups simultaneously - something very important and relevant to the golf swing.

I wouldn't call myself an expert on anything, but my best friend is a body builder and I have some past experience from my younger days as well so I have done quite a bit of research to know that you can't lump what Bryson is doing into one box or another - same as Tiger, same as Rory, etc., etc..

Bryson is working directly with Greg Roskopf. Here's his website.

https://muscleactivation.com/team/greg-roskopf/

2 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

Or maybe he's done some research and is working with professionals who know what they're doing better than any of us. There's a lot more science to packing on weight than what you appear to suggest. He could be (and most likely is) using a combination of methods to properly target and fatigue his muscles based on the specifics of his personal goals.

If you know anything, you can see in the video that he is doing an isolation movement with some pretty strict form which very often requires less weight. It's also possible he could be working on a hypertrophy set which is a common method employed by body builders to pack on muscle mass as it breaks down the muscle fibers beyond that of your "normal" weight lifting. Of course, he'd have to be mixing in some sort of heavy core lifts or other explosive movements (box jumps for instance) to target twitch muscle fibers, and work on recruiting multiple muscle groups simultaneously - something very important and relevant to the golf swing.

I wouldn't call myself an expert on anything, but my best friend is a body builder and I have some past experience from my younger days as well so I have done quite a bit of research to know that you can't lump what Bryson is doing into one box or another - same as Tiger, same as Rory, etc., etc..

I’m familiar with weight training and hypertrophy sets and the big lifts and have worked with several coaches of which some were/are bodybuilders and others who are strictly powerlifters. I also talk to several people who compete in both disciplines and follow several people on Instagram that have PhD in various disciplines around physical therapy, nutrition, strength training and some who are actual medical doctors. 

what he said in that post has never been said by anyone I know.  And the facial expression he is making while doing tricep extensions is not one anyone makes when using light weights. 

40 minutes ago, FrogginBullfish said:

Bryson is working directly with Greg Roskopf. Here's his website.

https://muscleactivation.com/team/greg-roskopf/

Bryson likes to sound smart. He could have easily taken something his coach said and made it sound way more complicated and smart to fool people who follow him. Bryson is known for trolling.

Decided to go they the comments in that post. Bryson says he wants to get stronger wrists. The 3 pics he posted aren’t doing anything to help that. He says he wants to be functionally strong but yet he isn’t doing deadlifts and neither bicep curls or tricep extensions will help with functional strength although tricep extensions will have a better carry over into being able to press more weight and in another goal he stated to be like a gymnast.  He talks about getting stronger thru full range of motion which any trainer or athlete would agree is necessary but again the lifts he is showing other than dips aren’t doing anything for his goal.

as for adding muscle a newbie lifter under the right nutrition and strength training could had 10-20 lbs in the first year and after that muscle gain slows to 7-8lbs a year and lower as time progresses for natural lifters

You're making a lot of snap judgments based on an Instagram post that is obviously not showing more than just a fraction of his regime.

As an aside, Robert Oberst, a strongman competitor, has said in the past that unless you're deadlifting to get better at deadlifting, it's an exercise to avoid.

1 hour ago, FrogginBullfish said:

You're making a lot of snap judgments based on an Instagram post that is obviously not showing more than just a fraction of his regime.

As an aside, Robert Oberst, a strongman competitor, has said in the past that unless you're deadlifting to get better at deadlifting, it's an exercise to avoid.

First I’m going off his comments in that post and he makes no sense. You don’t get functional strength thru accessory isolation lifts. That comes thru strength training. You don’t build wrist strength thru bicep curls or tricep extensions. Chest/tricep dips don’t build functional strength they are an accessory lift. 

A lot of experts have debunked that statement about deadlifts. 

I personally don’t care what Bryson does on or off the course just pointing out his inconsistencies and craziness in that post and imo he says a lot of stuff to play up to the scientist persona. He is known as a troll on social media and imo he’s doing that here and based on the replies in that post he’s gotten a bunch to believe him and he was called out by others for the samething I’m pointing out and didn’t try to debunk their comments.

2 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

follow several people on Instagram that have PhD in various disciplines around physical therapy, nutrition, strength training and some who are actual medical doctors.

Because following someone on social media works like osmosis... 🤦‍♂️

And the facial expression he is making while doing tricep extensions is not one anyone makes when using light weights.

Also a questionable reason for knowledge or judgement. If you've never made a sour face or looked like you were actually exerting effort during a workout then you're not fatiguing your muscles. The isolation work he's doing could very easily cause many people to make similar expressions.

Bryson likes to sound smart. He could have easily taken something his coach said and made it sound way more complicated and smart to fool people who follow him. Bryson is known for trolling.

This I can at least somewhat agree with, but it's also important to keep in mind that Bryson probably talks like this normally and that his word choices simply don't jive with that of most people. I'm personally not a huge fan of Bryson, but given the context of your original comment (which was in response to Bryson's Instagram comment) it seemed worth offering a different perspective. In fact, he's not wrong at all. Learning to do heavy bicep curls with your arms tucked into your sides won't make you significantly stronger when holding a 5lb dumbell with your arm fully extended. It can help some, but if holding a 5lb dumbell with your arm fully extended was your goal, you'd likely train differently - while possibly including some bicep curls. It's a bit more nuanced than you imply.

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

He says he wants to be functionally strong but yet he isn’t doing deadlifts and neither bicep curls or tricep extensions will help with functional strength although tricep extensions will have a better carry over into being able to press more weight and in another goal he stated to be like a gymnast

Actually he said he "add(s) gymnastics stuff" to his isolation work. I suspect he does this in lieu of heavy compound lifts and the movements would likely recruit multiple muscle groups while utilizing his own body weight which is probably more useful than deadlifting 400lbs. I think the final comment at the end about wanting to do the iron cross is a bit asinine, but if that's something he wants to be able to do then I say go for it.

IMG_5951.jpg.8d32bdefefec14e7dcce2634ca19e11f.jpg

as for adding muscle a newbie lifter under the right nutrition and strength training could had 10-20 lbs in the first year and after that muscle gain slows to 7-8lbs a year and lower as time progresses for natural lifters

If we were talking pure muscle gains then yes, you would be semi-correct. However, what he's talking about is total body mass and he stated in the comments that his body fat percentage has not changed. Naturally this means, that he'd also be adding some fat and water weight, but does not diminish his progress.

IMG_5952.jpg.94ca706799f5ab312d746d606205592b.jpg

Finally, as stated in the second half of the third paragraph of this article (https://www.bodybuilding.com/content/ask-the-ripped-dude-how-much-muscle-can-i-put-on-naturally.html) it is possible for some gym newbies to see significant gains during the early stages of their training. I don't know anything about Bryson's experience with gyms and wieghtlifting prior to starting this program, but I could easily imagine that his current program is unlike anything he's done before and that his gains could possibly fall outside of normal ranges. Blanket statements very rarely apply to the individual because they rely on averages.

30 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

You don’t build wrist strength thru bicep curls or tricep extensions. Chest/tricep dips don’t build functional strength they are an accessory lift. 

Statements like this don't really do much to prove that you aren't in fact making snap judgements based on a social media post that shows what is likely just a small fraction of his total regiment. There are numerous reasons why his trainer might want him to do these particular exercises and none of us here in the MGS forums actually know them.

5 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

Because following someone on social media works like osmosis... 🤦‍♂️

Also a questionable reason for knowledge or judgement. If you've never made a sour face or looked like you were actually exerting effort during a workout then you're not fatiguing your muscles. The isolation work he's doing could very easily cause many people to make similar expressions.

This I can at least somewhat agree with, but it's also important to keep in mind that Bryson probably talks like this normally and that his word choices simply don't jive with that of most people. I'm personally not a huge fan of Bryson, but given the context of your original comment (which was in response to Bryson's Instagram comment) it seemed worth offering a different perspective. In fact, he's not wrong at all. Learning to do heavy bicep curls with your arms tucked into your sides won't make you significantly stronger when holding a 5lb dumbell with your arm fully extended. It can help some, but if holding a 5lb dumbell with your arm fully extended was your goal, you'd likely train differently - while possibly including some bicep curls. It's a bit more nuanced than you imply.

Actually he said he "add(s) gymnastics stuff" to his isolation work. I suspect he does this in lieu of heavy compound lifts and the movements would likely recruit multiple muscle groups while utilizing his own body weight which is probably more useful than deadlifting 400lbs. I think the final comment at the end about wanting to do the iron cross is a bit asinine, but if that's something he wants to be able to do then I say go for it.

IMG_5951.jpg.8d32bdefefec14e7dcce2634ca19e11f.jpg

If we were talking pure muscle gains then yes, you would be semi-correct. However, what he's talking about is total body mass and he stated in the comments that his body fat percentage has not changed. Naturally this means, that he'd also be adding some fat and water weight, but does not diminish his progress.

IMG_5952.jpg.94ca706799f5ab312d746d606205592b.jpg

Finally, as stated in the second half of the third paragraph of this article (https://www.bodybuilding.com/content/ask-the-ripped-dude-how-much-muscle-can-i-put-on-naturally.html) it is possible for some gym newbies to see significant gains during the early stages of their training. I don't know anything about Bryson's experience with gyms and wieghtlifting prior to starting this program, but I could easily imagine that his current program is unlike anything he's done before and that his gains could possibly fall outside of normal ranges. Blanket statements very rarely apply to the individual because they rely on averages.

I do more than follow I use them as resources to learn from along my journey but nice try.

i have never made a sour face on any accessory lift even when working to failure and I’ve never seen anyone I train with or who trains seriously  at the gym make one either. It’s the ones who Are trying to draw attention or look like they are doing something that make the faces or grunt when they are curling 25lb dumbbells.

the total body mass is what I addressed early in that he weight gain has been water weight and fat and very little muscle based on the article golf.com did saying it’s been a large gain in a short period of time and even if he’s trying to add muscle mass it’s not going to happen they way he has shown and when asked in the comments about his program he shared zero details.

anyways it’s a conversation going nowhere about an athlete I care very little bout and was purely commenting on the bs in his post 

5 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

Statements like this don't really do much to prove that you aren't in fact making snap judgements based on a social media post that shows what is likely just a small fraction of his total regiment. There are numerous reasons why his trainer might want him to do these particular exercises and none of us here in the MGS forums actually know them.

As I stated those exercises have some carry over as does the training to full range of motion. But as also stated he has shared zero into what else he is doing and the few replies he made to people in the post don’t support his goal or anything serious. Even phil knows he’s probably bs’ng and threw in a comment about calves

No way is he an honest 220.  IMO, while adding muscle may help him hit the ball farther its not really going to matter because Bryson's mental game is weak.  He overthinks everything.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Phil threw in a comment about calves because he's an internet goof joking about how the internet blew up about his calves. That has literally nothing to do with the legitimacy of Bryson's regime.

None of what you've said in this thread in any way disproves that you're not just making snap judgments based on an Instagram post. You say you're reading his comments but then you're just taking them and confirming your own bias based on the 3 short videos and 1 pic that show barely anything of what his full training program is.

He's working with someone with a Master's degree in Physical Education with an emphasis on Exercise Science, who's also worked as a consultant for multiple professional sports team.

There's not one set way to improve one's fitness. Bryson's found someone with a program that works for him.

There are plenty of people who also think what Tom Brady is doing is a bunch of bogus and yet it's clearly working quite well for him.

Anyways, there's nowhere near enough insight available from that one post to be making the claims you've been making against his regime.

As I stated those exercises have some carry over as does the training to full range of motion. But as also stated he has shared zero into what else he is doing and the few replies he made to people in the post don’t support his goal or anything serious. Even phil knows he’s probably bs’ng and threw in a comment about calves

I now know what "swole" means; which I heard for the first time in this thread.  What happens when you don't have kids and live in a place where cattle and trout far exceed the bi-ped population 🙂.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

11 hours ago, FrogginBullfish said:

Phil threw in a comment about calves because he's an internet goof joking about how the internet blew up about his calves. That has literally nothing to do with the legitimacy of Bryson's regime.

None of what you've said in this thread in any way disproves that you're not just making snap judgments based on an Instagram post. You say you're reading his comments but then you're just taking them and confirming your own bias based on the 3 short videos and 1 pic that show barely anything of what his full training program is.

He's working with someone with a Master's degree in Physical Education with an emphasis on Exercise Science, who's also worked as a consultant for multiple professional sports team.

There's not one set way to improve one's fitness. Bryson's found someone with a program that works for him.

There are plenty of people who also think what Tom Brady is doing is a bunch of bogus and yet it's clearly working quite well for him.

Anyways, there's nowhere near enough insight available from that one post to be making the claims you've been making against his regime.

I’ve said nothing against his regime because I don’t know anything they are doing. I’ve said everything against what he posted and replied to. He has share no insight to his actual programming even when asked for it.