Jump to content
GolfSpy MPR

DeChambeau Getting Swole

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Green Sheep Productions said:

Watching his performance live at Royal Melbourne... can't say it worked too well for my boy. Too much change in too short a period of time, so looked pretty rusty.

Hadwin was keeping up with the distance no problem.

Given that DeChambeau was already one of the longer players on tour, I would have thought his gains would have been for more control (Since able to hit at 80% rather than 90%)

He states in the interview that chipping and putting has been his weakness - getting bulked up wouldn't seem to help that part of the game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are many things I really really like about Bryson. That I find encouraging about the game of golf. I like that he is a hard worker. I like that he is not cookie cutter tour pro. I like that he has energy and emotion. I like that he is willing to take risks like this to see if it will help him improve. 

I am not a fan of the scientist moniker. I am not a fan of his constant attempts to sound smart or maybe smarter than he is. I am not a fan of slow play in the slightest. 

If swing speed and ball speed are what he is after. It looks like it is working. I don't know yet if it will translate into success on the course, but I hope it does. 

Now we just need him to play faster and not hold up the groups behind him. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2019 at 2:21 PM, Quigleyd said:

There are many things I really really like about Bryson. That I find encouraging about the game of golf. I like that he is a hard worker. I like that he is not cookie cutter tour pro. I like that he has energy and emotion. I like that he is willing to take risks like this to see if it will help him improve. 

I am not a fan of the scientist moniker. I am not a fan of his constant attempts to sound smart or maybe smarter than he is. I am not a fan of slow play in the slightest. 

If swing speed and ball speed are what he is after. It looks like it is working. I don't know yet if it will translate into success on the course, but I hope it does. 

Now we just need him to play faster and not hold up the groups behind him. 

 

They were just talking about this on the WM.  I think I heard correctly that he had a drive ball speed yesterday over 200 mph.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

They were just talking about this on the WM.  I think I heard correctly that he had a drive ball speed yesterday over 200 mph.  

I saw one at at 187. So he has gained speed. So far not really turning into success but he did accomplish getting more distance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Quigleyd said:

I saw one at at 187. So he has gained speed. So far not really turning into success but he did accomplish getting more distance.

He’s definitely gained speed, but I’m not sure it’s helping other portions of his game. I hope he can turn the rest of his game around and get back to winning tournaments again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...