TESTERS WANTED! ×

How often do you use a golf range finder?

golfpinseeker

In our experience, a slow player is a slow player. A rangefinder isn't going to really exacerbate that issue if it's already an issue. He'll just be a slow player who actually knows which club to hit.

Very True. Unfortunately this one player who can be slow now has a new toy to check every shot AND still use his Golfbuddy.
The guys will put up with it for a while then “mention” it too him.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I have issues with lasers because my hands shake. I use a Garmin Approach S60 watch instead. It lists FMB, but also hole view, distance to hazards, Distance to layup, Green view, movable pin position, etc. I check hazards from the tee as soon as I get there, and am usually ready to go in just a few seconds. On the way to my tee shot, I switch to close up hole view on par 5s so I can assess whether I want to go for it or layup and what the best layup distance is. I switch straight to Green view on par 4s and set the pin to my best estimation of the actual position and plan the best area of the green to aim at. For partial shots, I use it all the way down to 20 yds, especially on elevated greens where you can't see the green surface. Green view is also great to see the shape of the green when it's obscured by mounds and traps and also just how close those traps are to the edge of the green. It has tons of other stuff it can do that I never mess with, but I find it great for golf.

BT

I don't own a rangefinder, but I think it is probably the one piece of equipment I need. When I play with someone that owns one it really does make a difference. I could understand how the use of them could get out of hand at times, but I have never witnessed it happen. If anything it speeds up the round because you can get your number so fast. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

I recently upgraded from a dying Garmin Approach S3 to an S40. It is a great tool and one i use more than i think i would need a laser. It definitely speeds up play and i trust the info given more than the lasers i see people using.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love my rangefinder.  I have a Precision Pro NX7 pro and use it all the time.  I also use gps on my watch as I use an app to keep track of score so why not have the front, middle and back green yardages from wherever you are on the hole.  I can say for sure that I've shaved some strokes off my game using my rangefinder regularly.  I've been able to dial in yardages better then ever  

I use mine on most shots. On most par 4's/5's I don't use it for the tee shot if I know the course but approach shots and par 3's - absolutely. It has had a real impact on my handicap as well. Knowing the yardage gives me a lot of confidence in making an aggressive swing and it doesn't take much time at all to use. When I got one I honestly thought it would prove to be superfluous but I couldn't have been more wrong. I have also been enjoying Arrcos - it gives good numbers and the ability to see the layout of the hole has proven beneficial as well when playing a new course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

I just my rangefinder a lot!  It is the most accurate for measuring distance and when I can’t tell where the pin is I can get the distance exactly without guessing.  My GPS is great but the rangefinder is my go to when exact distance counts.  It is also great for measuring distance to a hazard or a tree or whatever if needed.

Ping G425 Max 10.5 with a Tour AD IZ-7 XStiff 

Ping G425 3-wood (14.5 degree)

Ping G425 Hybrid (19 degree)

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged W/Stiff Shafts

Vokey SM8 50.08, 54.14, 58,10

Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 (2020)

Pro V1x 

I have issues with lasers because my hands shake. I use a Garmin Approach S60 watch instead. It lists FMB, but also hole view, distance to hazards, Distance to layup, Green view, movable pin position, etc. I check hazards from the tee as soon as I get there, and am usually ready to go in just a few seconds. On the way to my tee shot, I switch to close up hole view on par 5s so I can assess whether I want to go for it or layup and what the best layup distance is. I switch straight to Green view on par 4s and set the pin to my best estimation of the actual position and plan the best area of the green to aim at. For partial shots, I use it all the way down to 20 yds, especially on elevated greens where you can't see the green surface. Green view is also great to see the shape of the green when it's obscured by mounds and traps and also just how close those traps are to the edge of the green. It has tons of other stuff it can do that I never mess with, but I find it great for golf.
BT

I just purchased the Garmin S10 watch and I love it. May replace the Golfbuddy Voice 2.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

always, every shot period.

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

• 2 weeks later...

I like to use mine mainly on approach shots from 160 and in. Those are the shots I feel I might have a chance to at least hit the green. I have Arccos that tells me the distance to the center, but I find that a rangefinder makes a huge difference in knowing pin location.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I reverted back to my Laser after dumping Arcoss…...

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

• 3 weeks later...

Played my first round with my Bushnell Phantom yesterday.  I loved pulling it out of my pocket and instantly having a yardage.  I've paired it with my phone and installed the app, but the course I played yesterday I've probably played at least 50 times, so I didn't use the app.  I'm looking forward to trying that out on an unfamiliar course.  If the maps are anywhere near as good as SkyCaddie maps, this could be as good as the SX400/500 for a fraction of the cost.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for mild threadomancy...

Have a rangefinder, use it constantly.  Not every hole, as I've found my course is well mapped for yardage markers, but nearly every hole.   

FWIW, Precision NX7, non-slope version, switched from an old Nikon Laser Caddie that was showing its age.

Really don't like GPS due to the inherent innaccuracy; it's only as good as the person who's mapped the course, and sometimes dicey for slow update reasons.  A few too many whiskey-tango-foxtrot readings and I went laser with no looking back.

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

On 1/8/2020 at 3:46 PM, NRJyzr said:

Apologies for mild threadomancy...

Additional apologies for threadjack...

Hi Ed! I hadn't noticed you here before, though I see you've been a member for sometime. My username here is different, but you know me as RobGW, aka My Greens Stimp At 2. Have you fled GEA (like me), or are you two timing?

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

10 minutes ago, Siamese Moose said:

Additional apologies for threadjack...

Hi Ed! I hadn't noticed you here before, though I see you've been a member for sometime. My username here is different, but you know me as RobGW, aka My Greens Stimp At 2. Have you fled GEA (like me), or are you two timing?

Rob!

Nice to see you, virtually speaking.  🙂

Not entirely gone from GEA, but nearly so.  Your not noticing me earlier is probably because I've only recently added a couple posts, I've really just been lurking here.  Decided in the last few days that I would inflict myself on the good folks here.  LOL

Hope things are well with you and yours  🙂 

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

On 11/18/2019 at 9:21 AM, Quigleyd said:

I don't own a rangefinder, but I think it is probably the one piece of equipment I need. When I play with someone that owns one it really does make a difference. I could understand how the use of them could get out of hand at times, but I have never witnessed it happen. If anything it speeds up the round because you can get your number so fast. 

... Posted this before but it never hurts to repeat. Before range finders I played a course where my friend was the GM so I played free, which meant a LOT. A couple holes always caused me problems but one in. particular. Trees guarded the left side so right side or even right rough was a better play. As an example, I was about 5 yards short of the 150 marker in the right rough just off the fairway to a back pin placement. So I added 5 for the distance from 150, another 5 for being in the right rough and 10 for a back pin. So about 170 and I would come up short, landing in a bunker or front of the green. Rangefinders became popular and I picked one up. Playing that hole, I lasered 197 to a back left pin from the right rough!?!?!   

... Testing further, it turns out the geometry of right rough to back left pin was more extreme than I calculated. Who would have thought 5 yards from the 150 marker would translate to 197? But the green is situated just a little left of the fairway, the green was the deepest one at the course not wide but deep. And best I could tell the 150 marker was closer to 155. After that day I could not imagine playing without a rangefinder. So stop procrastinating and buy one. 😉 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

2 hours ago, chisag said:

... Posted this before but it never hurts to repeat. Before range finders I played a course where my friend was the GM so I played free, which meant a LOT. A couple holes always caused me problems but one in. particular. Trees guarded the left side so right side or even right rough was a better play. As an example, I was about 5 yards short of the 150 marker in the right rough just off the fairway to a back pin placement. So I added 5 for the distance from 150, another 5 for being in the right rough and 10 for a back pin. So about 170 and I would come up short, landing in a bunker or front of the green. Rangefinders became popular and I picked one up. Playing that hole, I lasered 197 to a back left pin from the right rough!?!?!   

... Testing further, it turns out the geometry of right rough to back left pin was more extreme than I calculated. Who would have thought 5 yards from the 150 marker would translate to 197? But the green is situated just a little left of the fairway, the green was the deepest one at the course not wide but deep. And best I could tell the 150 marker was closer to 155. After that day I could not imagine playing without a rangefinder. So stop procrastinating and buy one. 😉 

This makes complete sense. especially if you think measurements are in straight lines not curved. Or elevation changes etc etc etc. Its no wonder I miss so many greens, either coming up short wondering how in the world that could be, or going long thinking there is now way I hit that club that far. When in reality you just never knew how far to hit the ball to begin with. 

luckily, Mygolfspy was wonderful enough to select me for a skycaddie review. Looking forward to trying it and seeing what a difference course knowledge will make. Even on courses I play regularly. 

Edited by Quigleyd

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

Every approach shot and par 3's.  Everything else I rely on GPS (which is basically tee shots).

Woods:  :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max LS 9*,  Ventus Blue 6S / :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+, 15*, MCA Diamana Thump 75S
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 X Proto 3H & 4H, Ventus Blue 7S  

Irons: :Takomo: Takomo IRON 101 5-PW, Accra T90i S
Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX ZipCore 48*, Accra T90i, 53* & 58*, Accra T100i S
Putter: :EVNROLL: ER1.2, 355g, :kbs: Tour GPS, 33" w/
image.png.709cedef1b6b981263b7fb0d3abefd71.png Mid Slim 2.0
Ball: Maxfli Tour
Bag/Cart: :nike-small: '20 Air Hybrid 2 / :Clicgear: 4.0 / Alphard Club Booster V2, Swivel kit
Accessories: :Arccos: 360 /  Garmin G80 / Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized 

• 4 weeks later...

Occasionally for approach shots and often for targets on the driving range.

I use ACCROS on my phone and it’s proven accurate enough for my game.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

As a tester for the SkyCaddy SX400, I'm using one much more often than I have ever before.  It's a different process for me, as it's been years since using GPS on the course.  More to come in the pending review!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

1 hour ago, revkev said:

Occasionally for approach shots and often for targets on the driving range.

I use ACCROS on my phone and it’s proven accurate enough for my game.

Have you used new caddie feature on Arccos? If so how do you like it? If not give it a shot, I have only used it once but it proved very accurate. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Between 90-250 and it’s often in my hands. Inside of 90 I trust my instincts and have a good feel of my club.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I think it depends on the golf course. I’ve played many golf courses where you can see everything in front of you, and they have yardages marked pretty clearly. I may not need to have one in that case. I use it at my home course all the time. Our greens are large but also segmented. You need to have a good yardage in order to know where to miss. I use it when going to places I’ve ever been as well. I suppose having something that shows back middle front will work, but it’s just simple and quick to just shoot it with the range finder to know exactly what the yardage is. 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

• 2 weeks later...

I use it for every shot. Just part of the routine now.

Driver - Titleist TSi3 9.0  (Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 6.0)

3 wood - TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 15 (Ventus Blue 7S)

5 wood - TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 19 (Ventus Blue 7S)

Irons - Titleist T100s 4-PW + 49 (KBS $-Taper)

Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM9 54D (KBS 610) & 58M (KBS 610)

Putter - Titleist Scotty Cameron - Phantom X 11.5

Ball - Titleist Pro V1 & Taylormade Tour Response (Blue/Pink Stripe)

I use it on almost every shot outside of 30 yards of pin.     It has helped with those feel shots.   Actually, I'm getting dependent on it.

Mine has slope too.   In SE Michigan, there aren't many large elevation changes, but a lot of small ones, mostly man-made.  Comes in handy up north though.

It is also good to use on tee to get idea of distance to targets, good targets, and bad ones too.

However, when tee shots go into those really tall green things, a laser rangefinder here is like peeling an apple with spoon, no can do.

My friends like to play "name that distance", they guess, I shoot,  if they get within 3 yards, free drink.   You can never have too much fun.

Since most yardage markers don't go past 250, I use mine on any par 5 to see if I'm 260 or 280 out and need to hit a 3w or 5w to reach the green  🤣   J/K of course. 

But sad to say, I think we've all been  behind "That Guy" at a time or two!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I'd be curious to find out how many people use a LRF to get distances to things other than the flag.

For example, if I'm playing a course and it's a dogleg I'll typically shoot to a tree or hill or something and get a gauge on what club to hit; I've also done it to bunkers to see what's needed to carry them off the tee.

I find a LRF very useful in these situations.  A lot of things can tell you distance to a pin.  Of course I still use it for that as well...

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

1 hour ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

I'd be curious to find out how many people use a LRF to get distances to things other than the flag.

For example, if I'm playing a course and it's a dogleg I'll typically shoot to a tree or hill or something and get a gauge on what club to hit; I've also done it to bunkers to see what's needed to carry them off the tee.

I find a LRF very useful in these situations.  A lot of things can tell you distance to a pin.  Of course I still use it for that as well...

Every time I play a course other than my home course. It might look funny carrying a LRF to the tee with driver in hand but it is very useful. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

I use the laser for that all the time. I think the handheld gps works a bit better because you get an overhead view and can pinpoint the spot you want to hit to. Only problem sometimes is that the shape of the fairway or lack of sight points on the gps makes it tough to pick the perfect spot.

Driver - Titleist TSi3 9.0  (Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 6.0)

3 wood - TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 15 (Ventus Blue 7S)

5 wood - TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 19 (Ventus Blue 7S)

Irons - Titleist T100s 4-PW + 49 (KBS $-Taper)

Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM9 54D (KBS 610) & 58M (KBS 610)

Putter - Titleist Scotty Cameron - Phantom X 11.5

Ball - Titleist Pro V1 & Taylormade Tour Response (Blue/Pink Stripe)