SmoothG

Maltby DBM 4-PW

Upgraded Grips!  Upgraded Shafts!

I go back and forth on these.  As much as I love them and they feel great the shafts are just too stiff for me.  Sorry to see these go.  

Maltby DBM 4-P in very good condition.  PX LZ 6.0 shafts w/ MCC +4 align midsize grips.

$295 shipped.

IMG_20191030_105422.jpg

IMG_20191030_105124.jpg

IMG_20191030_105257.jpg

IMG_20191030_105504.jpg

IMG_20191030_105516.jpg

IMG_20191030_105449.jpg

IMG_20191030_105456.jpg

Edited by SmoothG
  • Like 3

Do you mind taking a photo of the 7 and wedge at address?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

7 hours ago, bens197 said:

Do you mind taking a photo of the 7 and wedge at address?

Sure, here ya go.

IMG_20191108_072043.jpg

IMG_20191108_072107.jpg

Hey folks! Anyone interested in these at this price, with these shafts, and grips, you better snatch them up! Once you play a Maltby DBM (assuming the shafts work for you), you won't look back!
@SmoothG, I realize it might be a tad late but have you considered Nippon shafts? I play the Nippon 950s S in my DBMs and they feel awesome! A bit higher flight but not ballooney at all. Technically they're probably soft for me as I've got decent swing speed.. but a fairly smooth transition and tempo so they work great.

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

38 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

Hey folks! Anyone interested in these at this price, with these shafts, and grips, you better snatch them up! Once you play a Maltby DBM (assuming the shafts work for you), you won't look back!
@SmoothG, I realize it might be a tad late but have you considered Nippon shafts? I play the Nippon 950s S in my DBMs and they feel awesome! A bit higher flight but not ballooney at all. Technically they're probably soft for me as I've got decent swing speed.. but a fairly smooth transition and tempo so they work great.

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

I've considered several shafts including the Nippons.  I def needed the 5.5 in the PX LZ but I wouldn't hesitate buying DBMs again with a softer shaft. Thanks for the kind words on these, someone will enjoy them!

I'm toying around with finding some forged blades to play.  Not sure why. Probably just don't have the game for them - but I'm a stubborn German-Irish. Never considered Maltby.  I did get fitted and tested on the JPX 900's with PX LTZ 5.5's. These were the runner up's in my decision on the G410's.  Do you think the 6.0's would be too stiff?  Also, I play a 2 degree upright and +1/2" length - are these standard lie and length?

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

I'm toying around with finding some forged blades to play.  Not sure why. Probably just don't have the game for them - but I'm a stubborn German-Irish. Never considered Maltby.  I did get fitted and tested on the JPX 900's with PX LTZ 5.5's. These were the runner up's in my decision on the G410's.  Do you think the 6.0's would be too stiff?  Also, I play a 2 degree upright and +1/2" length - are these standard lie and length?

These are standard L/L/L.  They feel great. I literally would buy them again with a softer shaft. I wouldn't be able to guess if they are too stiff for you or not, I just know they were for me. 

Could you soft step them? The weight will be different, but it might do the trick for you.

20 minutes ago, Rtracymog said:

Could you soft step them? The weight will be different, but it might do the trick for you.

I've considered that but the lengths would be off and I don't do my own club work so the cost isn't worth it.