NC Golfer

Srixon Soft Feel in yellow

Our Sponsors

Anyone game the Srixon Soft Feel in yellow? I like the white one with green lettering. Was hoping it would feel and play the same. In the past, some times a yellow version feels and looks different. ie: Wilson 50 elite.

Edited by NC Golfer

We sold through all of our Soft Feel Yellow balls this year, and not one complaint about them being any different than the white...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I've played many yellow balls in many different brands, and I have yet to notice a difference in performance, good or bad, based on the color of the cover of a golf ball.  They all seem to hit the same to me.

Never heard of anyone having complaints, besides vision, going from one color to another.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

With ionomer covered balls, anyone would be hard pressed to perceive any difference between colors. Cast thermoset urethane balls on the other hand are a different story as the actual urethane formulation is different. 

Finally, picked up the Soft Feel in yellow. It has maybe the best yellow I have seen. Will report back.

Took the 10 off coupon at Golf Galaxy and it was a steal at 10.00 bucks.

Edited by NC Golfer
  • Like 1

I found a yellow soft feel and played it tonight a couple holes and then switched it out as I can do yellow. I didnt feel and difference. 

On 11/10/2019 at 11:09 AM, storm319 said:

With ionomer covered balls, anyone would be hard pressed to perceive any difference between colors. Cast thermoset urethane balls on the other hand are a different story as the actual urethane formulation is different. 

Now there's a new MyGolfSpy test for you - do white vs yellow urethane golf balls test any different on the mechanical swing test?!?

10 hours ago, PJEVANS said:

Now there's a new MyGolfSpy test for you - do white vs yellow urethane golf balls test any different on the mechanical swing test?!?

They did that with the white vs yellow ZStar during the 2019 ball test.