TESTERS WANTED! ×

Cobra Speedzone driver

Quigleyd

This driver should be announcing this today. Having held it in my hands. I am confident it will be a good step forward for Cobra. They have been doing very well at inch by inch making improvements. 

Edited by Quigleyd

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

I had heard the media embargo was ending. I think it is getting close, genuinly excited for this release. 

Edited by Quigleyd

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

2 hours ago, Quigleyd said:

I had heard the media embargo was ending. I think it is getting close, genuinly excited for this release. 

It's still in effect for pictures and technical data.  Obviously Cobra let the media attending the launch event yesterday give out a few teasers.  But full info will be released soon and you can count on our staff to have all the details. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

5 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

It's still in effect for pictures and technical data.  Obviously Cobra let the media attending the launch event yesterday give out a few teasers.  But full info will be released soon and you can count on our staff to have all the details. 

I do not doubt that at all. This driver is going to be a big success in 2020. I can see it being one of the top selling drivers next year. It is that good. 

1 hour ago, Quigleyd said:

I do not doubt that at all. This driver is going to be a big success in 2020. I can see it being one of the top selling drivers next year. It is that good. 

I saw it at Cobra last week, and I couldn't put it down, I probably missed half of the rest of the presentation, because I was so intrigued by it.  I can't say I've said that before about a Cobra driver, but this one had my full attention.  Can't wait for people to see it and here the feedback. 

1 minute ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I saw it at Cobra last week, and I couldn't put it down, I probably missed half of the rest of the presentation, because I was so intrigued by it.  I can't say I've said that before about a Cobra driver, but this one had my full attention.  Can't wait for people to see it and here the feedback. 

I completely agree!! 

you guys are killing me.  C'mon, tell us more!!!!!!!!!

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

1 hour ago, ballplayer002003 said:

you guys are killing me.  C'mon, tell us more!!!!!!!!!

It's the new driver for 2020 by Cobra 😜

Based on how well I hit their current driver (but lacked funds to procure at the time), I'm very interested to see what new tech they will have in this thing! Maybe prices of current gen will drop too 😉

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Kai'Li White 60 X-flex

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

:titelist-small:  T200 4-GW, DG X100 Tour Issue - Tester

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

34 minutes ago, Tarheelvolvo said:

Based on how well I hit their current driver (but lacked funds to procure at the time), I'm very interested to see what new tech they will have in this thing! Maybe prices of current gen will drop too 😉

I think you will like it. They have refined their product in a very good way. 

13 minutes ago, tider said:

Is it close to fastback?  

I'm not the best to answer that.  But the best way I can answer is, it's not really close to anything they've done before in a few major areas.   I better stop now, before I type too much 🙂

20 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I'm not the best to answer that.  But the best way I can answer is, it's not really close to anything they've done before in a few major areas.   I better stop now, before I type too much 🙂

haha before you know it, black vans will roll up to your house and that will be the last we ever hear of you again!  lol

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

1 hour ago, ballplayer002003 said:

haha before you know it, black vans will roll up to your house and that will be the last we ever hear of you again!  lol

It is too risky to rub out CG2.  The golf world would lose too many new club sales.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

@Golfspy_CG2 I volunteer as tribute  ✌️

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Is this going to be a January release?

All the tech info and pictures will be out this month.  It will be available for purchase in January. 

10 hours ago, Shankster said:

I wonder if it will be Rickie, Duff, or The Science Guy to be the big revealer...?

I will say, ONE of those three had a lot of input into it! 

23 hours ago, Quigleyd said:

I think you will like it. They have refined their product in a very good way. 

The problem is they have a perception they need to overcome in the general public. They make really good clubs and haven’t had many base products in the last 4 years but due to the cheap perception that has been associated with the brand they just don’t sell well. Their demo days around here are almost dead unless they are in either a large scale event with many of the other brands or at one thats them and a brand with more interest like tm or callaway.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

4 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

The problem is they have a perception they need to overcome in the general public. They make really good clubs and haven’t had many base products in the last 4 years but due to the cheap perception that has been associated with the brand they just don’t sell well. Their demo days around here are almost dead unless they are in either a large scale event with many of the other brands or at one thats them and a brand with more interest like tm or callaway.

I work in golf retail, and we have sold a ton of Cobra equipment over the last year or two. Especially since the F9 products. I can see that continuing. The new forged tech irons are going to be a good seller. They are starting to make headway. The single length thing is still a very slow burn. I have had lots of people try them but I have yet to sell anyone a set. If I had to rank in terms of sales numbers for me personally. It is Callaway, Ping, then Cobra in terms of volume. Then TM, Titleist, and everything else. 

35 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

I work in golf retail, and we have sold a ton of Cobra equipment over the last year or two. Especially since the F9 products. I can see that continuing. The new forged tech irons are going to be a good seller. They are starting to make headway. The single length thing is still a very slow burn. I have had lots of people try them but I have yet to sell anyone a set. If I had to rank in terms of sales numbers for me personally. It is Callaway, Ping, then Cobra in terms of volume. Then TM, Titleist, and everything else. 

Interesting that you guys sell more Cobra than TM.  Is that a concerted effort to?   What part of the country are you in?    At our course the only time we sell any Cobra is when they are out for a demo day.   We will generally sell a few drivers then and maybe a set of irons.   But for all the others, Taylormade, Titleist, PING and Callaway people will just order those based on trying our demo's or just from "knowing what they want" 

33 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

The shop I frequent sells very little and I don’t recall the last time I saw anything new from Cobra in anyone’s bag and I play loys of courses as a single and get paired with lots of people.

i think like many brands they have some regional support compared to more wide spread. I see more Titleist, ping and Tm on the east coast and northeast.

cobra unfortunately sits in single digit market share from the numbers I’ve seen in the past. Their iron share is roughly 7th and behind pxg. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Just now, RickyBobby_PR said:

The shop I frequent sells very little and I don’t recall the last time I saw anything new from Cobra in anyone’s bag and I play loys of courses as a single and get paired with lots of people.

i think like many brands they have some regional support compared to more wide spread. I see more Titleist, ping and Tm on the east coast and northeast.

cobra unfortunately sits in single digit market share from the numbers I’ve seen in the past. Their iron share is roughly 7th and behind pxg. 

Those stuffy northeastern'ers.. hahaha. They for sure do not have the posh factor of say Titleist or PXG. Out west, I see a lot of Cobra so your regional assessment may be correct. 

I think Cobra is vastly underrated but they don't do themselves any good to break out of the single digit percentages for market share. 

Their fitting carts at most big box stores are the bare bones with few shaft options and not all shafts are available in all flexes. Have a better fitting cart with more than 3 shaft options in regular or stiff flex. Geez, carry an X Flex in one or two shafts. 

They don't do anything to distinguish themselves from their competitors. While their marketing is sufficient on social media and other golf outlets, it's not flashy, not riveting or really ruffles any feathers. Make some substantial claims about their clubs compared to their competition. Geez, quote the MGS Most Wanted results like other companies...The F9 was the straightest driver in 2019! And leave it at that! The F9 had better ball speeds than the Ping 410 line, and longer than PXG...mention that against their competitors. Offer an incentive for people to buy their clubs or heck, just try them out. How about buy a driver and win a chance to play a round with Bryson or Rickie or any of their other brand loyalists. 

I don't claim to know their golf budget and maybe right now a lot of their cash is being dedicated to R&D but that marketing arm of the company needs an injection of cash or new leadership. 

And this is where I end my rant...

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

Love me some Cobra and pumped about this.  While i'm not in the market to buy anything new. Also pumped that it means the F9 stuff will be dropping in price, looking to change FW and maybe driver soon

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Just now, McaseyM said:

Love me some Cobra and pumped about this.  While i'm not in the market to buy anything new. Also pumped that it means the F9 stuff will be dropping in price, looking to change FW and maybe driver soon

I am pretty sure the price drops happened today.  Got an e-mail from somewhere announcing it.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right