Quigleyd

Cobra Speedzone driver

Our Sponsors

10 hours ago, Shankster said:

I wonder if it will be Rickie, Duff, or The Science Guy to be the big revealer...?

I will say, ONE of those three had a lot of input into it! 

• Like 3

:titelist-small: TS1 10.5 Fubuki 45g Shaft

:taylormade-small: SIM Max 5w 18* Ventus Black 

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7,9 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T300 KBS TGI 80 5 iron thorugh 46 W2

:vokey-small: SM7 50.08, 54.08 and 58.14 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

23 hours ago, Quigleyd said:

I think you will like it. They have refined their product in a very good way. 

The problem is they have a perception they need to overcome in the general public. They make really good clubs and haven’t had many base products in the last 4 years but due to the cheap perception that has been associated with the brand they just don’t sell well. Their demo days around here are almost dead unless they are in either a large scale event with many of the other brands or at one thats them and a brand with more interest like tm or callaway.

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 with Graphite Design MAD Pro 65g S

Wood: Titleist 917F2 with UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 with Atmos Blue 85 S

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4i, 718 CB 5-6, MB 7-9 with KBS $ Taper 125

Wedges: Vokey SM7 46/50/54/60 with DG s200

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

4 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

The problem is they have a perception they need to overcome in the general public. They make really good clubs and haven’t had many base products in the last 4 years but due to the cheap perception that has been associated with the brand they just don’t sell well. Their demo days around here are almost dead unless they are in either a large scale event with many of the other brands or at one thats them and a brand with more interest like tm or callaway.

I work in golf retail, and we have sold a ton of Cobra equipment over the last year or two. Especially since the F9 products. I can see that continuing. The new forged tech irons are going to be a good seller. They are starting to make headway. The single length thing is still a very slow burn. I have had lots of people try them but I have yet to sell anyone a set. If I had to rank in terms of sales numbers for me personally. It is Callaway, Ping, then Cobra in terms of volume. Then TM, Titleist, and everything else. 

• Like 3

Driver: SIM 9 Motore X F1 7X tipped 1 inch

Utility Iron: Cobra King Utility irons 18 degree Aldila rogue 90 X

Irons: Cobra King forged CB 4-PW KBS $ Taper 130 X

Wedges: Cleveland 49,52.58.64

Putter: Kronos Release.

35 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

I work in golf retail, and we have sold a ton of Cobra equipment over the last year or two. Especially since the F9 products. I can see that continuing. The new forged tech irons are going to be a good seller. They are starting to make headway. The single length thing is still a very slow burn. I have had lots of people try them but I have yet to sell anyone a set. If I had to rank in terms of sales numbers for me personally. It is Callaway, Ping, then Cobra in terms of volume. Then TM, Titleist, and everything else. 

Interesting that you guys sell more Cobra than TM.  Is that a concerted effort to?   What part of the country are you in?    At our course the only time we sell any Cobra is when they are out for a demo day.   We will generally sell a few drivers then and maybe a set of irons.   But for all the others, Taylormade, Titleist, PING and Callaway people will just order those based on trying our demo's or just from "knowing what they want" 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

The shop I frequent sells very little and I don’t recall the last time I saw anything new from Cobra in anyone’s bag and I play loys of courses as a single and get paired with lots of people.

i think like many brands they have some regional support compared to more wide spread. I see more Titleist, ping and Tm on the east coast and northeast.

cobra unfortunately sits in single digit market share from the numbers I’ve seen in the past. Their iron share is roughly 7th and behind pxg. 

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 with Graphite Design MAD Pro 65g S

Wood: Titleist 917F2 with UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 with Atmos Blue 85 S

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4i, 718 CB 5-6, MB 7-9 with KBS $ Taper 125

Wedges: Vokey SM7 46/50/54/60 with DG s200

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Just now, RickyBobby_PR said:

The shop I frequent sells very little and I don’t recall the last time I saw anything new from Cobra in anyone’s bag and I play loys of courses as a single and get paired with lots of people.

i think like many brands they have some regional support compared to more wide spread. I see more Titleist, ping and Tm on the east coast and northeast.

cobra unfortunately sits in single digit market share from the numbers I’ve seen in the past. Their iron share is roughly 7th and behind pxg. 

Those stuffy northeastern'ers.. hahaha. They for sure do not have the posh factor of say Titleist or PXG. Out west, I see a lot of Cobra so your regional assessment may be correct. 

• Like 3

Driver: SIM 9 Motore X F1 7X tipped 1 inch

Utility Iron: Cobra King Utility irons 18 degree Aldila rogue 90 X

Irons: Cobra King forged CB 4-PW KBS $ Taper 130 X

Wedges: Cleveland 49,52.58.64

Putter: Kronos Release.

I think Cobra is vastly underrated but they don't do themselves any good to break out of the single digit percentages for market share. 

Their fitting carts at most big box stores are the bare bones with few shaft options and not all shafts are available in all flexes. Have a better fitting cart with more than 3 shaft options in regular or stiff flex. Geez, carry an X Flex in one or two shafts. 

They don't do anything to distinguish themselves from their competitors. While their marketing is sufficient on social media and other golf outlets, it's not flashy, not riveting or really ruffles any feathers. Make some substantial claims about their clubs compared to their competition. Geez, quote the MGS Most Wanted results like other companies...The F9 was the straightest driver in 2019! And leave it at that! The F9 had better ball speeds than the Ping 410 line, and longer than PXG...mention that against their competitors. Offer an incentive for people to buy their clubs or heck, just try them out. How about buy a driver and win a chance to play a round with Bryson or Rickie or any of their other brand loyalists. 

I don't claim to know their golf budget and maybe right now a lot of their cash is being dedicated to R&D but that marketing arm of the company needs an injection of cash or new leadership. 

And this is where I end my rant...

• Like 2

• :taylormade-small: '17 M1 w/ Kyoshi Black 65X tipped 1/2" 
  • :cobra-small: F7+ 3W 14.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 75 6.5
  • :adams-small: Pro DHy 18* w/ Hzrdus Black 85 6.5
  • :callaway-small: X Forged 21* w/ Dynamic Gold X100
  • :mizuno-small: 919 Forged 5-PW w/ Dynamic Gold X100
  • :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 50*, 54* & 58* w/ AWT 2.0 
  • :ping-small: Vault Arna w/ KBS CT Tour
  • '20 :bridgestone-small: Tour B X
  • I'm left-handed so I don't go broke buying all new clubs every week. 

Love me some Cobra and pumped about this.  While i'm not in the market to buy anything new. Also pumped that it means the F9 stuff will be dropping in price, looking to change FW and maybe driver soon

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  TBD... 

Fairway  :cleveland-small:  Launcher HB 15° Aldila Tour Blue 75X 

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :cleveland-small:  CBX 4i - 9i, TT DG S300 HS 1x

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX 45.8, 50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S300

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Just now, McaseyM said:

Love me some Cobra and pumped about this.  While i'm not in the market to buy anything new. Also pumped that it means the F9 stuff will be dropping in price, looking to change FW and maybe driver soon

I am pretty sure the price drops happened today.  Got an e-mail from somewhere announcing it.

• Like 2

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-G

:cleveland-small: - CBX 52 and 56

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

I will say, ONE of those three had a lot of input into it! 

I see what you did there...
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Quigleyd said:

Those stuffy northeastern'ers.. hahaha. They for sure do not have the posh factor of say Titleist or PXG. Out west, I see a lot of Cobra so your regional assessment may be correct. 

... I see a decent amount of Cobra clubs here in the Midwest, but not as much as I saw in Phoenix last winter. I have had more questions about my F9 woods than any other club I have had in my bag so I think the interest in Cobra is certainly growing. I am really looking forward to the new driver and if it is a combo of the F8 that was very accurate and the F9 that was longer and feels awesome but not as accurate, I will be very happy. 

Edited by chisag
  • Like 1

Driver:   Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9* ... Tensei Pro Orange 60r
Fw wood: Cobra Speedzone 14.5* ... Atmos TS Blue 75s
Utility:   TaylorMade RBZ Tour Hy ... Matrix Altus 85 hy
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Kuro Kage 105 Tini s-flex
              4-pw TaylorMade P760 ... Recoil Prototype 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind /SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Recoil 110s
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5x

verryyy interested to see this driver.  I held out from a driver purchase this year even though I really liked the F9 and M5 drivers.  Hoping to save some coin and get one of those this winter, but the Speedzone will have to be checked out I think.

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Tensei Pro White 6TX

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

#cuetheduckboats

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

I see what you did there...

LOl...That was actually not a clue, but I can see how it might have looked like it.   

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

verryyy interested to see this driver.  I held out from a driver purchase this year even though I really liked the F9 and M5 drivers.  Hoping to save some coin and get one of those this winter, but the Speedzone will have to be checked out I think.

I have made a few comments about how I really like this driver from appearance.  That said, it won't totally surprise me if the reaction to it is mixed.  It has the potential to be somewhat polarizing in thoughts on it.  

• Like 3

I have made a few comments about how I really like this driver from appearance.  That said, it won't totally surprise me if the reaction to it is mixed.  It has the potential to be somewhat polarizing in thoughts on it.  

So someone who has owned a hibore xls with its scoop back, turbulators in my ping, etc I’m not opposed to unique looks. However, I have grown to appreciate better sounding and feeling equipment. Hopefully the sound will be as good as the F9 or maybe a little better! Excited to see for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

#cuetheduckboats

8 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

So someone who has owned a hibore xls with its scoop back, turbulators in my ping, etc I’m not opposed to unique looks. However, I have grown to appreciate better sounding and feeling equipment. Hopefully the sound will be as good as the F9 or maybe a little better! Excited to see for sure.

I agree with you, I can deal with a lot of looks...even though the HiBore did stretch that...ha  But sound and ultimately performance are the two things that make or break a club for me.   I did not get a chance to hit it, so that part will definitely be fun to do. 

• Like 1

I once got that hi-bore at the driving range where the bays were separated by 3 foot tall brick walls. I never hit it at that range again, and I think my ears are still ringing.

I didn’t mind that “baseball bat” sound when I was in high school still playing baseball, but man I can’t stand it now. haha

• Like 2

#cuetheduckboats

2 hours ago, B.Boston said:

I once got that hi-bore at the driving range where the bays were separated by 3 foot tall brick walls. I never hit it at that range again, and I think my ears are still ringing. emoji23.png

I didn’t mind that “baseball bat” sound when I was in high school still playing baseball, but man I can’t stand it now. haha

I remember the days when I used to prefer that sound from a bat.  My oh my how times have changed!

• Like 1

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:cobra-small: F9 TL, Atmos TS Blue
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:bridgestone-small: BXS

Romans 10:9

it will be another one to try.... just a tough wait until February, March....

• Like 1

Rogue Pro Irons - Recoil 760/780 ES F4

Epic 3H, 4H - Recoil ES F3

Titleist 917 D2 10.5° Diamana D+ 70

TaylorMade Ghost Manta Putter

If I was "the man" I'd be in the fairway - Bubba Watson