FrogginBullfish

President's Cup Captain's Picks

Good “safe” picks, personally I’d have liked to see Conners over Day but, Day does have the experience for some younger/first time players. Either way, there were five players who really deserved a spot. 

Tiger’s picks should be interesting tomorrow, as you could make a case for about 10 guys. 

I think Day is a good pick, and I expect him to play well.  I would have liked Corey Conners over Joaquìn Niemann; I think he has been more consistent this year and playing well of late.

This could be a really close match this year... for a change.

I think Tiger's picks are pretty well set between 5 guys.

Himself
Gary Woodland
Tony Finau
Patrick Reed
Rickie Fowler

I think the first three are probably locks. Then it's between Reed and Fowler for the last spot.

Good “safe” picks, personally I’d have liked to see Conners over Day but, Day does have the experience for some younger/first time players. Either way, there were five players who really deserved a spot. 
Tiger’s picks should be interesting tomorrow, as you could make a case for about 10 guys. 

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FrogginBullfish said:

Himself
Gary Woodland
Tony Finau
Patrick Reed
Rickie Fowler

I think the first three are probably locks. Then it's between Reed and Fowler for the last spot.

I’d generally agree with that, I do like Fowler over Reed. Reed is a pairing nightmare, and they really don’t need another ego in that room. Either Fowler or Reed can produce great golf, but if one of them has an off week, you want Fowler in the locker room over Reed. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, GB13 said:

I’d generally agree with that, I do like Fowler over Reed. Reed is a pairing nightmare, and they really don’t need another ego in that room. Either Fowler or Reed can produce great golf, but if one of them has an off week, you want Fowler in the locker room over Reed. 

Exactly my thoughts!

14 hours ago, FrogginBullfish said:

Himself
Gary Woodland
Tony Finau
Patrick Reed
Rickie Fowler

Please pick Fowler. I think Reed has reached the spot of most disliked PGA pro. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure that Rickie is 100%, but I like him over Reed, plus TW and Rickie are buds.  If Rickie can't play, I expect Tiger to pick Kisner.

Tiger has a good relationship with Reed as well though. I don't see Kisner getting picked.

I think we might see Phil added as an assistant captain though, with Tiger likely being a playing captain. We'll find out at 7pm EST.

I'm not sure that Rickie is 100%, but I like him over Reed, plus TW and Rickie are buds.  If Rickie can't play, I expect Tiger to pick Kisner.

Yeah, Reed.... Maybe Tiger knows what to do with him, whom to pair him with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Reed playing better than most and I think the locker room likes him more than internet golfers and how internet golfers think the rest of the team think 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Yeah, Reed.... Maybe Tiger knows what to do with him, whom to pair him with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think Tiger likes his attitude and probably does have a couple of good options for him to pair with.

13 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Reed playing better than most and I think the locker room likes him more than internet golfers and how internet golfers think the rest of the team think 

I agree.  The social media monster has been churning up the hate for Captain America.  Here's hoping Patrick runs the table and makes the haters look silly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

PReed... 🤦🏼‍♂️

Gotta agree with this take...

Reed's playing well and him and Tiger do have a good relationship. Depending on whether Koepka is recovered from his injury in time, I'm sure Fowler would get the call if Koepka can't go.

Wasn’t too good during the Ryder cup.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy