FrogginBullfish

President's Cup Captain's Picks

Our Sponsors

Surprised no one has mentioned Jason Day has withdrawn. Back issues.

• Like 1

Surprised no one has mentioned Jason Day has withdrawn. Back issues.

I'm not surprised - it's been a ongoing problem for him.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

I am not surprised by the withdrawal. He is regularly hurt, or at least complaining that he is hurt. More surprised by the lack of conversion around it. But, I guess when it becomes almost scheduled for him to withdraw it becomes a boy who cried wolf scenario. And people lack care.

• Like 1

I'll be honest I hadn't checked Golf Channel between the actual report coming out and your post in here so I had no idea until seeing your post.

I am not surprised by the withdrawal. He is regularly hurt, or at least complaining that he is hurt. More surprised by the lack of conversion around it. But, I guess when it becomes almost scheduled for him to withdraw it becomes a boy who cried wolf scenario. And people lack care.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FrogginBullfish said:

I'll be honest I hadn't checked Golf Channel between the actual report coming out and your post in here so I had no idea until seeing your post.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I guess I am glad to be first then. Haha

On 11/30/2019 at 3:04 PM, tony@CIC said:

Yup, he and a couple healthy handfuls of other tour players have one or more body parts that are chronic problems.  I think we sometimes forget just how much these guys (and gals) practice and play.  Golf swings exert stresses that our physiology wasn't inherently designed for.  

I had heard about BK's withdrawal and Ricky stepping into that slot; but had not heard about Jason Day.  Who is taking his place?

Update: (Byeong Hun An)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Yup, he and a couple healthy handfuls of other tour players have one or more body parts that are chronic problems.  I think we sometimes forget just how much these guys (and gals) practice and play.  Golf swings exert stresses that our physiology wasn't inherently designed for.  

I had heard about BK's withdrawal and Ricky stepping into that slot; but had not heard about Jason Day.  Who is taking his place?

Update: (Byeong Hun An)

When I look at the Pro's swing and the contortions they put their bodies through I surprised that they don't quit by the time they're 30 for health reasons. 

• Like 1