Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Tampa Bay Area Course Reviews

GregB135

You happen to have anything more updated?  

My buddy has a bachelor party coming up in 2 weeks and was hoping to get an update on current courses within 35 min drive of Tampa (W Beach St)

A couple guys are not as big of golfers so looking for under $120, but was seeing what you may recommend in the area to check out.  Thanks!

Callaway Paradym w/ Ventus TR Black 7x shaft

Taylormade Sim 2 Ti 3 wood

Taylormade Stealth 3 Hybrid

Srixon MKII ZX5 4-PW

Titleist SM8/9 Vokey Wedges in 50, 54, 58 in Black

Cobra King 3D Grandsport 35 Black Putter

recommendations for places to play. We are staying on W Beach St.  Recs for under 120/round and within 35 minutes would be awesome.  Thanks!

Srixon MKII ZX5 4-PW

16 hours ago, jtowns43 said:

You happen to have anything more updated?  

My buddy has a bachelor party coming up in 2 weeks and was hoping to get an update on current courses within 35 min drive of Tampa (W Beach St)

A couple guys are not as big of golfers so looking for under $120, but was seeing what you may recommend in the area to check out.  Thanks!

I definitely recommend Westchase, it's a good mix of quality conditions and isn't going to be to harsh for the non-golfers. 

Plantation Palms and Heritage Isles are good choices as well, they are going to be maybe one step down on the course conditions.

If you're trying to stay in Tampa proper it's going to be tougher. The only track I'm familiar with is Rocky Point, but that's not one I'd recommend highly for course condiitions. It is maybe most appropriate for a bachelor party kind of vibe because it's not a super hard track and it's not as pricey as some of the others.

Driver:  :PXG: 311XF Gen5, Tensei CK Pro Orange, S flex

Fariway:  :PXG: 311XF Gen6 3-Wood, Tensei Blue 55g R flex

Hybrid:   :PXG: 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

:titleist-small: TSR2 4H, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester)

Irons:  :titleist-small: T200 2023, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester), 5-GW

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2 Murdered Out

Plantation Palms was in great shape when I played it about 4 months ago.  Would be hesitant to recommend for the not big golfer player, lots of houses.  Pace of play was another story, weekend golf on public is plan on 4.5 & likely be 5+

Not a fan of Heritage Isle, greens are not consistent from day to day, usually slow.  Some weird hole layouts & never a good pace of play.

Rocky Point, Babe Zaharis, & Rogers Park are three muni courses that while not in perfect shape, maybe the perfect fit for your desires.

Thanks guys!

Srixon MKII ZX5 4-PW