Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Replacement Spikes

pulledabill

I rotate through 3 pairs of golf shoes and I play a ton of golf.  I also seem to fly through replacement spikes.  Are there any out there that you have found that don't wear as fast as others? Im 270 lbs so that doesn't help either. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I don't have any advice for spikes. I wear lightweight Skechers walking shoes I guess you'd call them. Flat soles. But, replacement spikes don't last for $hit IMO. Personally, I'd like to see metal spikes return. These plastic multi-pronged spikes we have now days do far more damage to greens than metal ever did.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

22 minutes ago, PlaidJacket said:

I don't have any advice for spikes. I wear lightweight Skechers walking shoes I guess you'd call them. Flat soles. But, replacement spikes don't last for $hit IMO. Personally, I'd like to see metal spikes return. These plastic multi-pronged spikes we have now days do far more damage to greens than metal ever did.

I agree with going back to metal spikes.  I have a new pair of FJ's and they have a more aggressive spike on them then my previous FJ's of the same model.   I can see everywhere I walk on the green with them as they leave some major marks.  Great traction, but they tear the greens up.  Not sure what brand the spike is. 

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

6 hours ago, pulledabill said:

I rotate through 3 pairs of golf shoes and I play a ton of golf.  I also seem to fly through replacement spikes.  Are there any out there that you have found that don't wear as fast as others? Im 270 lbs so that doesn't help either. 

How fast are you going through spikes?  I find they hold up better if you dont walk on concrete.  I play once a week and can get about 6 months out of a set.  I use champ stinger. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

36 minutes ago, cnosil said:

How fast are you going through spikes?  I find they hold up better if you dont walk on concrete.  I play once a week and can get about 6 months out of a set.  I use champ stinger. 

I play 2-6x a week so probably barking about my wear for no reason.  Lots of concrete on my home course and I try to avoid walking on it as much as possible. Ive been buying the Stingers as well as thats what my shop I buy from carries. 

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I play 5-6 times a week during our season (April to November), alternate between 4 pairs of FJs, one of them being spikeless. On average I replace my spikes once a season. I replace with cyclone spikes which the FJs came with. And yes you have to be careful on the greens - it's easy to leave marks.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I was always a Softspikes guy, namely the Pulsar brand when I walked, but when I switched out my spikes for the final time I went with the Zarma Tours over my usual and found a good grip. As a a bigger guy I know the pain of replacing spikes every year, even if I don't play as much as you do. I'd stick with Champ brand spikes going forward @pulledabill

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

On 11/10/2019 at 3:58 PM, cnosil said:

My home course has lots of concrete. Concretw path every hole which I try to limit myself. The big issue besides me is that there is 7 holes where you are walking 100 to several hundred yards between green and tee. 

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I have found champ spikes to be must sturdier than other brands. I go out of my way to find them when replacing the old spikes.

Callaway 816 Alpha DBD driver, 3 wood, 5 wood, Alpha 815 3 hybrid, RAZR X Forged cavity back irons 3-AW, 54-14 MD4 wedge, Maltby MS+ wide grind 60 degree lob wedge, 37 inch Rife Swithback Two putter. All clubs overlength - 47 inch driver, 45 inch 3wood, 44 inch 5 wood, 41 inch 3 hybrid, 39.5 inch 5 iron with other irons in line with that. All clubs graphite shafted and X-flex except flex of putter.