Jlender21

Snell golf balls

Our Sponsors

They're only inconvenient if you're only buying a dozen at a time.  Maximum savings is by buying 5 dozen at a time (although the holiday savings going on right now are even better).  When you see you're running low, you buy more.  Always have balls sitting in your golf locker (garage, house, etc).  How is that not convenient?    Yes, if you're not playing premium golf balls, it's another story with regards to savings and I can understand how buying locally might make more sense.  But, if you're paying $45 a dozen at the big box store rather than planning ahead, well....   
Well the main question is how often do you golf can you wait 2 days to get it delivered? This may be much more convenient depending on your proximity to a big box.

Using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Driver:  Ben Hogan GS53
3W:  Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead 2
2i: Maltby KE4 FDI 
4-PW:  Maltby TS-1 - C-Taper 120g 
50º: Maltby TSW

56º:  Cleveland RTX-2 
60º: Maltby Tour Grind MG
Putter:  Odyssey White Hot RX 2-ball

Ball: Snell MTB X
Other: Game Golf Live
Handicap: 5.9  -  Best Score: 73 (1 over) Bryan Park - Players Course, Greensboro NC -2020

2020 MGS Forum Tester - Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

2 hours ago, pozzit said:

Well the main question is how often do you golf can you wait 2 days to get it delivered? This may be much more convenient depending on your proximity to a big box.

Using MyGolfSpy mobile app

How many golf balls do you lose a day that you can't order new ones before you run out?  😄 😄 😄 

• Like 1

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I have had good luck with the prov-1x. I'm hoping to get the trial dozen for Christmas so I can try both math models and see which one works better.

I jumped on the Black Friday deal and got both the MTB and the MTB-X (puts them at Maxfli cost). Played nine today, able to hit one of each type through the round. Lost two of the MTB-X and still have the Black. Makes me go 🤔

• Like 2

WITB

G400 10.5 

M2 3HL

Titleist 818 3 and 4 hybrid 

Ping G15 5-gap

Vokey SM7 54 degrees 

Vokey SM6 58 degrees 

Bobby Grace Shiloh putter

Was one of the Snell MTB X testers. Liked the golf ball very much. Had a feel issue around the green, real or imagined doesn't matter. It was there for me. Liked the ball, wanted to love it, just couldn't. Played the Titleist Tour soft, like them didn't love them. Played the last month or so of our season with Pro V's. Liked better, I guess, still not in love. Was a Bridgestone E guy for a bit. Thought they progressively got stone like. From the original E6's to the newer ones. Played the E12's........no go for  me.......Think either I'm getting fussier or senile in my old age........but I ain't giving up !!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Driver   :bridgestone-small:     JGR 9.5 R Flex Adila 65        

3 Wood  :callaway-logo-1:            XR RFlex Fujikura Evolution

5 Wood :callaway-logo-1:            XR R Flex Project X 5.5                                     

7Wood  :adams-small:    Speedline LP R Flex Matix HD Radix 5.1                                                                                                           Irons      :bridgestone-small:   4 thru A Wedge  J-15 CB R Flex NS Pro                                                                                                             Wedges :cleveland-small:              56 CG 15                                                                                                                                                                           XE!                      65                                                                                                                                                                       Putter      :EVNROLL:         ER 5  Hatchback                                                                                                                                                Ball          :titelist-small:                 NXT Tour S                                                                                                                                      

I've been playing Snell MTB, then MTB Blacks exclusively for at least three years, my favorite ball at any price. And things like this reaction (from MGS front page) to the Covid-19 shutdown make me all the more loyal.

Dean Snell: “That first week, we saw orders slow down a decent amount,” he says. “I told my employees the other day that everybody has a job and will have a job. I’m not laying anybody off. I’ll take two or three months of no pay to keep our people. They work hard and have done a great job building this company. For me, that loyalty is important.”

I have 3+ dozen on hand, so I assume they'll be available when I'm ready to order another 4 dozen.

• Callaway Rogue 10.5° 9.5°D & 3W
  • Mizuno JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B (replaced ER2)
  • and 14th club - Mizuno CLK 3H 19° OR MP-20 HMB 3i 19°
  • Snell MTB-X (replaced Black)

I saw the great reviews on here and other places, bought a dozen and got a nice signed letter from Dean Snell with my MTB-X balls.  I un-boxed and played a few, but I noticed some balls had a visible seam across them.  On some balls it was more noticeable than others.  I dumped them into my shag bag and went back to my old standbys.  Was hoping this would be a cheaper alternative but after seeing the seam, I just lost confidence in them.  I didn't play them enough to tell you if it caused any issue but I cannot imagine it wouldn't to some degree.

I am a convert.  Used ProV and ProV1 before and bought the sample pack. Now will only use MTB-X in yellow.  Love the color, performance and feel.  Thanks for a great ball at reasonable price.  

I normally play ProVx and tried a few dozen Snell MTBx.   These balls are extremely similar for me.  Both launch a bit higher, especially on the 5-8 irons.   

Over the past three months,  I have slipped out for nine holes by myself and played four balls; two ProVx and two MTBx.   I cannot tell  the different off the tee, full shots into greens or touch shots around the green .   

By the way, both the ProVx and MTBx feel a bit hard for me for chipping and putting..

I think the Snell balls present a great value with top performance.

3 hours ago, TC-KS Golfer said:

I saw the great reviews on here and other places, bought a dozen and got a nice signed letter from Dean Snell with my MTB-X balls.  I un-boxed and played a few, but I noticed some balls had a visible seam across them.  On some balls it was more noticeable than others.  I dumped them into my shag bag and went back to my old standbys.  Was hoping this would be a cheaper alternative but after seeing the seam, I just lost confidence in them.  I didn't play them enough to tell you if it caused any issue but I cannot imagine it wouldn't to some degree.

You might be interested to read what Dean Snell has to say about the seam here:

https://www.snellgolf.com/blogs/news/golf-ball-seams-do-they-change-performance

• Like 1

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

I have been playing Snell off and on for the past couple of years.  For me they play as well as a PRO V and are a lot less expensive.  Just waiting for the new shipment for the MTB X yellow is get back in stock.  

Ping G400 Max driver | Ping G410 3 & 5 fairway woods | Titleist 818 H1 4 & 5 hybrids | Titleist 718 AP1 irons | Titleist SM6 52 F & 56M wedges | Rife Mid Mallet 400 putter | Bushnell NEO Ghost GPS | Snell MTB-X yellow / Srixon Q Star Tour yellow ball | GHIN hcp floats between 10 & 14

"Never bet against an old man with old clubs that have new grips"