Jlender21

Snell golf balls

I played Snell MTB Blacks earlier this year and theyre a very good ball.  Theyre long off the driver, they spin well off the wedge, they feel soft off the putter and the cover on them seems pretty durable for what they are.

My only real beef with Snell is that they arent convenient.  You have to plan ahead when you will need balls, instead of just going to a big box store.  Even then, sometimes the MTBs are out of stock.  Granted, you can buy them on Amazon and get them in 2 days but then you arent really saving any money.

Also, unless you are buying the MTBs, you really arent saving much money.  I looked into the Get Sum after I used up all of the MTBs that I had but they really arent any cheaper than Pinnacles (and Pinnacles are made in the USA).

10 minutes ago, ZenGolfer said:

My only real beef with Snell is that they arent convenient.  You have to plan ahead when you will need balls, instead of just going to a big box store. 

They're only inconvenient if you're only buying a dozen at a time.  Maximum savings is by buying 5 dozen at a time (although the holiday savings going on right now are even better).  When you see you're running low, you buy more.  Always have balls sitting in your golf locker (garage, house, etc).  How is that not convenient?    Yes, if you're not playing premium golf balls, it's another story with regards to savings and I can understand how buying locally might make more sense.  But, if you're paying $45 a dozen at the big box store rather than planning ahead, well....  😄 

• Like 2

They're only inconvenient if you're only buying a dozen at a time.  Maximum savings is by buying 5 dozen at a time (although the holiday savings going on right now are even better).  When you see you're running low, you buy more.  Always have balls sitting in your golf locker (garage, house, etc).  How is that not convenient?    Yes, if you're not playing premium golf balls, it's another story with regards to savings and I can understand how buying locally might make more sense.  But, if you're paying $45 a dozen at the big box store rather than planning ahead, well....   
Well the main question is how often do you golf can you wait 2 days to get it delivered? This may be much more convenient depending on your proximity to a big box.

Using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ZenGolfer said:

My only real beef with Snell is that they arent convenient.  You have to plan ahead when you will need balls, instead of just going to a big box store.  Even then, sometimes the MTBs are out of stock.  Granted, you can buy them on Amazon and get them in 2 days but then you arent really saving any money.

Also, unless you are buying the MTBs, you really arent saving much money.  I looked into the Get Sum after I used up all of the MTBs that I had but they really arent any cheaper than Pinnacles (and Pinnacles are made in the USA).

Not convenient? They arrive on my doorstep, easier than driving anywhere. And it takes a couple days, how would you not know you’re going to need balls a few days before?

I think most here buy MTBs, and what tour quality ball is cheaper? I buy 4 dozen at a time, an even better deal.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pozzit said:

Well the main question is how often do you golf can you wait 2 days to get it delivered? This may be much more convenient depending on your proximity to a big box.

Using MyGolfSpy mobile app

How many golf balls do you lose a day that you can't order new ones before you run out?  😄 😄 😄 

• Like 1

I have had good luck with the prov-1x. I'm hoping to get the trial dozen for Christmas so I can try both math models and see which one works better.

I jumped on the Black Friday deal and got both the MTB and the MTB-X (puts them at Maxfli cost). Played nine today, able to hit one of each type through the round. Lost two of the MTB-X and still have the Black. Makes me go 🤔

• Like 2