Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

MGS Forum Review Testimonials

GolfSpy MPR

I am still trying to get my coworkers/golf partners to join the site. I constantly tell them about all the reviews, product announcements, and the incredibly interactive forum. What sold me was the diversity of the reviewers. I was tired of being sold on products that were being tested by single digit handicappers (no offense)
I am a struggling 25ish capper, and needed to read reviews from guys like me, and slightly better than me. It's great that Rick Schiels can hit a $49 AmazonPrime driver just as far as he can hit a Taylormade M5. I cannot.

The raw and unbiased interaction of the forum members is a goldmine of experience and knowledge that cannot be manufactured or reproduced at will.

Tiger is the GOAT, change my mind.

• STUDque pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

unbiased reviews from real golfers is pretty much all one can ask for.  It helps one make a decision, spend (or not spend) money, and get some info so one does not have to go it alone in the everlasting pursuit of a birdie

:titelist-small: TSR2 10.0 Fujikura Ventus TR Black 5x

:titelist-small: TSR2+ 14.5 degree Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6s

:titelist-small: TSR2 18 degree Graphite Design Tour AD UB 6s

:titelist-small: T200 Utility Build 4iron Graphite Design Tour AD DI

:titelist-small: T100s 5-P Dynamic Gold TI X100 

:vokey-small: SM 9 50, 54, 58

:cameron-small: Super Select Golo 6

:titelist-small: ProV1X 

• STUDque unpinned this topic
  • 9 months later...

Just stumbled upon this and think it needs a bump. As well I'll add in my own two cents. 
Being a forum tester is a extreme privilege and a great opportunity to get yourself out of your comfort zone. It can be a lot of work and simply so much fun. The testing I have done have made me think about the game differently, try new things and overall help me improve my game. It has more importantly helped me engage with this awesome community and gain some new friends along the way. 
A big thing to remember these are not contests that are won, they require a lot of thought and attention and truly are work! However the end product and satisfaction of doing a proper review and sharing with the community is so well worth it. 
Looking forward to many new reviewers this season along with some familiar names to dive deep into the products being offered by many companies this testing season! 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

18 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

A big thing to remember these are not contests that are won, they require a lot of thought and attention and truly are work! However the end product and satisfaction of doing a proper review and sharing with the community is so well worth it. 
Looking forward to many new reviewers this season along with some familiar names to dive deep into the products being offered by many companies this testing season! 

Here here. 

It has to be a bit nerve-wracking for the mods when looking to select a new reviewer.  I haven't been on this forum as long as many of the grizzled vets, but I've read enough "how we select testers" posts to know there have been times someone was selected and simply took the merchandise and ran.  Hopefully that hasn't happened in a long time.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

I remember being selected to test and saying to myself “ what did I get myself into”. I took some breathes and realized that being selected was an honor and that what I put dine for it and the work I put in could go towards someone making a decision on equipment or not. That’s powerful and exciting. It has opened up the door for me wanting to test all sorts of things, although that likely would hurt my golf game as I am not focused on one thing in particular. But that is what makes golf so unique and a great hobby. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Couldn't agree more with these posts.  The influence that testing has on our bags offers some very legit value to the vendors.  I'll speak for myself knowing that there are others here who share the same position...my bag has been built almost exclusively based upon MGS testing.  Members & MGS testing is the reason I play Hogans, a G400 driver, Nippon shafts, a TP5 ball and haul it all around with a Hoofer lite bag.  It's also a big reason why I don't play certain clubs at all; the testing does a very nice job of qualifying certain brands and exposing others.

This isn't just some contest and while some folks put the bare minimum into evaluations, the true blue chip folks here (you know who you are) are the reason why this program works.  I'm excited for a deep dive into the 2021 season...

Oh, and one more thing...

Remember to donate.  Nothing in this world is free and even if it's just $5, that's enough to keep the lights on.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

• 2 months later...

Seeing as we are half way through our testing season or there abouts I think it would be great to hear from some of the testers so far this season within this thread! Also from some new members to the site, what are the reviews that stick out to you the most and is it testing that brought you here?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)