TESTERS WANTED! ×

Anyone have any info on the Arrcos caddie link

mackdaddy

Does anyone have any info on the Arccos caddie link?  When is it going to come out, and what is the hold up. I love the Arccos data but I can't get comfortable with my phone in my front pocket. I also don't like to play with a watch on.  I know you can play with an Iwatch as the link but I don't have an Iphone.  Will any other smart watches work?  I guess I could wear it on my belt like the link.

Driver: Titleist TSR 3 10* Accura TZ6 M3 65g

Fairways: Callaway Rogue 15* & 19* Matrix Ozik TP 6 HD stiff 

Hybrid: Titleist TSI 4 & 5 Hybrids Mitsubishi Tensi AV 65 HY X stiff   

Irons:  KZG Forged III 6-P Accura iS7 (Refinished and regrooved)

Wedges: Cleveland CBX  50*, Taylormade MG 3 Tiger grind 56 bent to 54/10 & Taylormade MG 4 Tiger grind 56 bent to 58/14

Putter: Positive Putter's Custom P2 (think Edel putter meets Heavy Putter)

Ball: Callaway Chome Tour                        

All clubs have Winn Dri-Tac Wraps oversized

• 1 month later...

I don't think the Apple Watch counts as the Link.  You still need the phone in your pocket. The watch just allows you to view yardages and such w/out taking the phone out of your pocket.  I am also anxiously awaiting the Link

:ping-small:G410 plus driver,:taylormade-small:Aeroburner 3W, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
:callaway-small:XR 4, 5 hybrids
:titleist-small:2021 T300 6 - GW, SW irons
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 58/12 wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

Alternates: Srixon ZX4 MKII irons

My understanding is that the Apple Watch can work similarly to Arccos Link, but I don't know enough to say whether or not it could be used without the phone (I don't have one). I have read about issues with it working on the Apple Watch though so it doesn't seem like it'd be worth the investment if that's all you're after. I could be getting Game Golf and Arccos mixed up, but I want to say they used to have compatibility with Pebble smart watches. Not sure anymore though. Seems like Pebble is a thing of the past - at least I don't hear about them anymore. 

Last update I heard about the Link was that Arccos was near launch when the decision was made to add an additional feature after receiving numerous requests from users to include a button for marking the flag location. Haven't seen any updates since then. 

You can read more about the details of that announcement on page 2 of this forum:

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that @fozcycle is not thrilled with the Apple Watch and has said so here in the forum.

When I last checked on the Link, Arccos was not happy with the accuracy of the GPS, and they won't release it until it's right.  No word on a new release date.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Thanks

Wedges: Cleveland CBX  50*, Taylormade MG 3 Tiger grind 56 bent to 54/10 & Taylormade MG 4 Tiger grind 56 bent to 58/14

I like being able to use the Apple Watch, it works well and the haptics when it records a shot are cool. The only problem is that a fully charged Apple Watch only made it through 15 holes before dying. Bummer. Looking forward to the link!

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

11 hours ago, HardcoreLooper said:

I believe that @fozcycle is not thrilled with the Apple Watch and has said so here in the forum.

When I last checked on the Link, Arccos was not happy with the accuracy of the GPS, and they won't release it until it's right.  No word on a new release date.

I think foz has a series 2 iirc. They've openly admitted the older ones don't work very well with Arccos so I'm curious to see how the newer ones do. 

I'm not super adept at these things, but my understanding is all GPS devices will Max at the same accuracy limitations since they all use the same satellites. I suppose the receiver in the link could be the problem that isn't even giving them that. 

1 hour ago, jddaigneault said:

I like being able to use the Apple Watch, it works well and the haptics when it records a shot are cool. The only problem is that a fully charged Apple Watch only made it through 15 holes before dying. Bummer. Looking forward to the link!

Say it ain't so! Which one do you use? I just ordered a series 4 off a pretty good deal and am eager to take it out. 15 holes only would be a bummer. 

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

1 hour ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

I think foz has a series 2 iirc. They've openly admitted the older ones don't work very well with Arccos so I'm curious to see how the newer ones do. 

I'm not super adept at these things, but my understanding is all GPS devices will Max at the same accuracy limitations since they all use the same satellites. I suppose the receiver in the link could be the problem that isn't even giving them that. 

Say it ain't so! Which one do you use? I just ordered a series 4 off a pretty good deal and am eager to take it out. 15 holes only would be a bummer. 

I just got series 5. I will try today and see how it is. My previous experiences were not good. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

I have a series 4. I’ve only tried it once, so I’ll have to see how it holds up trying again. Definitely a bummer to have the battery die from 15!

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

I've gotten used to my phone in my pocket but my phone battery will run down during round so I bought a Mophie battery backup case that is great, but any case can decrease shot detection, especially on short shots around green. So I'm pre-ordered on Link and hope they get the bugs worked out soon.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

On 12/14/2019 at 12:30 PM, Dr Strangelove said:

I don't think the Apple Watch counts as the Link.  You still need the phone in your pocket. The watch just allows you to view yardages and such w/out taking the phone out of your pocket.  I am also anxiously awaiting the Link

Not true. 

With apple watch you don't need to use your phone in your pocket at all. 

My buddy uses it with his watch all the time and it works almost flawlessly 

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

Not true. 

How's his watch battery life?

Here’s the reply I got via Instagram back in November
IMG_1576.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

4 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Yeah, all devices have the same ceiling (because they use the same satellites), but they have very different floors.  The best GPS chips draw a ton of power.  My knowledge is about 9 years old, when I was working on a project to track high-value shipments on pallets using GPS devices, so I'm sure the chips aren't nearly as thirsty as they used to be.  But I can tell you that the GPS in my last two phones (Moto G6 and G7) are nowhere near as accurate as in my Samsung J7, my iPhone SE or my daughter's old iPhone 5S.  It's not just on Arccos.  I can tell in Google Maps as well - sometimes it will tell me to turn 100 feet or so before or after the turn.  I think better chips can get a fix on more satellites faster to make a better calculation.

The Moto G phones are great midrange phones, except for GPS.  I still use an Apple phone as a dedicated Arccos device.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

10 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

I just got series 5. I will try today and see how it is. My previous experiences were not good. 

Worked fine on watch. No phone in pocket and easy round edit. It did use about 70% of battery in watch though. 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

23 hours ago, jlukes said:

Not true. 

13 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Worked fine on watch. No phone in pocket and easy round edit. It did use about 70% of battery in watch though. 

That is good to hear.  I had frustration with it resulting in me needing the phone in my pocket.  I will give it another shot.

:ping-small:G410 plus driver,:taylormade-small:Aeroburner 3W, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
Axis1 Rose putter

Are you guys sure?  This is on Arccos's site:

The new features and Apple Watch compatibility will be available upon initial install or update of the Arccos iPhone app. Additionally, note that the Apple Watch will still require your iPhone to be on you during play in order to record accurate distances.

Indeed this was my experience.

Axis1 Rose putter

4 minutes ago, Dr Strangelove said:

Are you guys sure?  This is on Arccos's site:

The new features and Apple Watch compatibility will be available upon initial install or update of the Arccos iPhone app. Additionally, note that the Apple Watch will still require your iPhone to be on you during play in order to record accurate distances.

Indeed this was my experience.

Yes

The app has to be running on phone but it does not have to be in your pocket. 

Received my Apple Watch yesterday and took it out for a round today. It was a very seamless experience and I'm convinced I won't need Link at all. I get it though that not everyone can 1) play with a watch and 2) get along with Apple. Neither is an issue for me. 

I started the round on my phone, left it in the cart, and used my watch from there. I'd never consider entering pin locations or editing shots but it was great for easy yardages while still tracking shots. I played 9 and took Yardage on every hole plus answered a few texts. 13% battery usage is pretty good for that. I can't imagine drawing any harder on the battery during regular play  

Swinging with the phone in your pocket is one thing but I forget how intrusive whipping the phone out can be for the golf experience. Sometimes, it's nice to have fewer options at your disposal. 

Only weird thing is my round disappeared from my activity. Arccos glitched out when I ended the round so I'm interested to see what they say about that. I don't believe it's related to the watch but it might be. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Received my Apple Watch yesterday and took it out for a round today. It was a very seamless experience and I'm convinced I won't need Link at all. I get it though that not everyone can 1) play with a watch and 2) get along with Apple. Neither is an issue for me. 

I started the round on my phone, left it in the cart, and used my watch from there. I'd never consider entering pin locations or editing shots but it was great for easy yardages while still tracking shots. I played 9 and took Yardage on every hole plus answered a few texts. 13% battery usage is pretty good for that. I can't imagine drawing any harder on the battery during regular play  

Swinging with the phone in your pocket is one thing but I forget how intrusive whipping the phone out can be for the golf experience. Sometimes, it's nice to have fewer options at your disposal. 

Only weird thing is my round disappeared from my activity. Arccos glitched out when I ended the round so I'm interested to see what they say about that. I don't believe it's related to the watch but it might be. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I believe the watch has to sync with the phone after the round, that might have been the issue. 

2 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Not related to the round disappearing...  Did you need to put your iPhone into airplane mode in order to use the GPS from your watch rather than the phone?

Axis1 Rose putter

38 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

I believe the watch has to sync with the phone after the round, that might have been the issue. 

Maybe so. In the Arccos app on my phone, it was following along just fine until I hit "end round". It was ready to start me on hole 10 until I stopped it. 

14 minutes ago, Dr Strangelove said:

Not related to the round disappearing...  Did you need to put your iPhone into airplane mode in order to use the GPS from your watch rather than the phone?

Couldn't say. The yardages were pretty accurate though. Even consistent with a LRF my playing partner used. Granted, I wasn't very far from my phone....

Ok so I know I'm slanting this conversation a little too much towards Apple Watch but I feel like this update could possibly give some insight to the issues with Link. 

Turns out my missing round was user error; you're supposed to hand off to the watch at the start of the round. Next time out, I did this and the watch tracked shots but presented a new error: no yardages displayed on the watch. 

Sent this error to Arccos and received the following response:

Hey Enrique,

We have recently had issue with the Apple watch functionality after the most recent IOS update to 6.0 and 6.1 for the watch. The main issue is there is communication errors between the phone and the watch that cuts out randomly shutting in issues with our app connecting from watch to phone. It has caused issues that unfortunately we cannot push fixes for until Apple corrects their software that should be coming soon in one of the 6.1 updates.Once this is released we will have our fixes that will restore proper function to the app. In the meantime one thing you can try is restarting the watch by turning it off and back on, as well as cycling bluetooth of the phone off and back on before the next round. If this does not work then it os related to a bug we have found. Our IOS team is already working on this. SO if these steps do not fix the issue it may be wise to use the phone shot detection for the time being. You can still use the yardages on the watch and they will appear if the phone is recording shots.

While it's somewhat comforting to learn this isn't another user error, it's kind of a bummer reading details on the hurdles in front of this. If I were a betting man, I'd say this isn't a strict Apple issue and they're having communication problems with the Android watches and Link just the same. 

Technology in all of it's splendor is great but can be frustrating as well. Also can be distracting during your round🏌️‍♂️

Fingers crossed they perfect the link this year 🤞 In the meantime I'll be carrying my Iphone in my front left pocket ⛳  

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

Released yesterday....

https://www.arccosgolf.com/blogs/community/arccos-caddie-app-targets-pins-adds-android-wearables

ARCCOS CADDIE APP TARGETS PINS & ADDS ANDROID WEARABLES
-AWARD-WINNING PLATFORM UPDATE HELPS MORE GOLFERS TO SHOOT LOWER SCORES-
STAMFORD, Conn. – Arccos, the pioneer of big data and artificial intelligence for golf, is continuing its mission to help more golfers play smarter and shoot lower scores through its latest update of the Arccos Caddie platform that embraces Precision Pin Positioning and Android Wearables.

Available to every user of the Arccos Caddie app, Precision Pin Positioning provides a zoomed green view with an overlaid crosshair that showcases dynamic distances from each edge of any putting surface. This simplifies the process of dialing-in hole locations, enhancing the experience and facilitating even richer analytics for a player’s approach and short game.

Widely requested by users of the Android OS, new Arccos Caddie features for Android wearables deliver standard GPS yardages and ‘Plays Like’ distances, plus club recommendations based on Smart Distance Club Averages. Users of Fossil Smartwatch and similar products will also be able to add ‘gimme’ putts and penalties, and to see a hole overview, par number and the number of shots taken. An application has been submitted for the Samsung Galaxy Watch and awaits Samsung approval.

“This release gives us the opportunity to reflect on an incredible year for Arccos in 2019, as we’ve become the most used on-course golf app worldwide – surpassing 300,000 registered users and reaching 4 million rounds played,” said Sal Syed, CEO and Co-Founder of Arccos Golf. “Thanks in large part to the incredible Arccos members and our relationships with companies like PING, Cobra, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Microsoft, Apple, SuperStroke, Golf Pride, Lamkin and others, we are exceptionally well positioned for strong growth in 2020 and beyond.”

Arccos Caddie is golf’s first Artificial Intelligence (AI) platform. It combines Automatic Shot Tracking and Smart Distance Club Averages with Advanced Analytics and Caddie Advice for any golf hole on earth. Utilizing the unmatched data in the platform, users get smarter and improve faster. Last year, an average Arccos user who played at least 5 rounds, lowered their handicap by an incredible 4.2 strokes and the rate of improvement was consistent across all handicap levels. The stroke improvement number is calculated using the new World Handicap System.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Thanks

No mention of the Link in that release. I wonder if it's dead?

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges