Mackdaddy9

Anyone have any info on the Arrcos caddie link

Our Sponsors

1 hour ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Received my Apple Watch yesterday and took it out for a round today. It was a very seamless experience and I'm convinced I won't need Link at all. I get it though that not everyone can 1) play with a watch and 2) get along with Apple. Neither is an issue for me. 

I started the round on my phone, left it in the cart, and used my watch from there. I'd never consider entering pin locations or editing shots but it was great for easy yardages while still tracking shots. I played 9 and took Yardage on every hole plus answered a few texts. 13% battery usage is pretty good for that. I can't imagine drawing any harder on the battery during regular play  

Swinging with the phone in your pocket is one thing but I forget how intrusive whipping the phone out can be for the golf experience. Sometimes, it's nice to have fewer options at your disposal. 

Only weird thing is my round disappeared from my activity. Arccos glitched out when I ended the round so I'm interested to see what they say about that. I don't believe it's related to the watch but it might be. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I believe the watch has to sync with the phone after the round, that might have been the issue. 

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 9.5* (Ventus Black 6X) 45"

:taylormade-small:             M5 15* (Ventus Black 7x) 43"

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 18* (Tensei AV Blue 70 X)

:srixon-small:                     Z585 4-5 (KBS C Taper S)

:srixon-small:                     Z785 6-AW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 59 04 L   (KBS 610)

:bettinardi-1:                Studio Stock 28 Slotback 33.5"

:bridgestone-small:       Tour BX

:Arccos:

Twitter         @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

2 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Received my Apple Watch yesterday and took it out for a round today. It was a very seamless experience and I'm convinced I won't need Link at all. I get it though that not everyone can 1) play with a watch and 2) get along with Apple. Neither is an issue for me. 

I started the round on my phone, left it in the cart, and used my watch from there. I'd never consider entering pin locations or editing shots but it was great for easy yardages while still tracking shots. I played 9 and took Yardage on every hole plus answered a few texts. 13% battery usage is pretty good for that. I can't imagine drawing any harder on the battery during regular play  

Swinging with the phone in your pocket is one thing but I forget how intrusive whipping the phone out can be for the golf experience. Sometimes, it's nice to have fewer options at your disposal. 

Only weird thing is my round disappeared from my activity. Arccos glitched out when I ended the round so I'm interested to see what they say about that. I don't believe it's related to the watch but it might be. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not related to the round disappearing...  Did you need to put your iPhone into airplane mode in order to use the GPS from your watch rather than the phone?

Driver:  :ping-small: G410 Plus, VA Vylyn 75 Four
Woods: :cobra-small:F8, F6 Baffer
Hybrids: :callaway-small: XR 4, 5
Irons: PXG 0211 6 - GW
Wedges:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54/WS, Zing LW
Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Craz-E

Leupold GX-4i3

Penalty Box: :EVNROLL:ER7

38 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

I believe the watch has to sync with the phone after the round, that might have been the issue. 

Maybe so. In the Arccos app on my phone, it was following along just fine until I hit "end round". It was ready to start me on hole 10 until I stopped it. 

14 minutes ago, Dr Strangelove said:

Not related to the round disappearing...  Did you need to put your iPhone into airplane mode in order to use the GPS from your watch rather than the phone?

Couldn't say. The yardages were pretty accurate though. Even consistent with a LRF my playing partner used. Granted, I wasn't very far from my phone....

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+
.......tracked by :Arccos:

:ping-small: G410 Plus: Tensei Orange
:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 FW: Tensei Blue

:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 Hy: Fujikura Pro
:ping-small: i500 5-GW: Modus3 105
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60: KBS Tour 90
:MLA: Tour Classic Black w/ :P2-grips-logo:

Ok so I know I'm slanting this conversation a little too much towards Apple Watch but I feel like this update could possibly give some insight to the issues with Link. 

Turns out my missing round was user error; you're supposed to hand off to the watch at the start of the round. Next time out, I did this and the watch tracked shots but presented a new error: no yardages displayed on the watch. 

Sent this error to Arccos and received the following response:

Hey Enrique,

We have recently had issue with the Apple watch functionality after the most recent IOS update to 6.0 and 6.1 for the watch. The main issue is there is communication errors between the phone and the watch that cuts out randomly shutting in issues with our app connecting from watch to phone. It has caused issues that unfortunately we cannot push fixes for until Apple corrects their software that should be coming soon in one of the 6.1 updates.Once this is released we will have our fixes that will restore proper function to the app. In the meantime one thing you can try is restarting the watch by turning it off and back on, as well as cycling bluetooth of the phone off and back on before the next round. If this does not work then it os related to a bug we have found. Our IOS team is already working on this. SO if these steps do not fix the issue it may be wise to use the phone shot detection for the time being. You can still use the yardages on the watch and they will appear if the phone is recording shots.

While it's somewhat comforting to learn this isn't another user error, it's kind of a bummer reading details on the hurdles in front of this. If I were a betting man, I'd say this isn't a strict Apple issue and they're having communication problems with the Android watches and Link just the same. 

• Like 3

Technology in all of it's splendor is great but can be frustrating as well. Also can be distracting during your round🏌️‍♂️

Fingers crossed they perfect the link this year 🤞 In the meantime I'll be carrying my Iphone in my front left pocket ⛳  

• Like 2

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram

Waiting on my :cobra-small: SpeedZones

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    

:cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag

:titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:

28166609-204A-4F91-B008-1569C1E85FD0.jpeg

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29958e858396176bee15

• Like 2

Released yesterday....

https://www.arccosgolf.com/blogs/community/arccos-caddie-app-targets-pins-adds-android-wearables

ARCCOS CADDIE APP TARGETS PINS & ADDS ANDROID WEARABLES
-AWARD-WINNING PLATFORM UPDATE HELPS MORE GOLFERS TO SHOOT LOWER SCORES-
STAMFORD, Conn. – Arccos, the pioneer of big data and artificial intelligence for golf, is continuing its mission to help more golfers play smarter and shoot lower scores through its latest update of the Arccos Caddie platform that embraces Precision Pin Positioning and Android Wearables.

Available to every user of the Arccos Caddie app, Precision Pin Positioning provides a zoomed green view with an overlaid crosshair that showcases dynamic distances from each edge of any putting surface. This simplifies the process of dialing-in hole locations, enhancing the experience and facilitating even richer analytics for a player’s approach and short game.

Widely requested by users of the Android OS, new Arccos Caddie features for Android wearables deliver standard GPS yardages and ‘Plays Like’ distances, plus club recommendations based on Smart Distance Club Averages. Users of Fossil Smartwatch and similar products will also be able to add ‘gimme’ putts and penalties, and to see a hole overview, par number and the number of shots taken. An application has been submitted for the Samsung Galaxy Watch and awaits Samsung approval.

“This release gives us the opportunity to reflect on an incredible year for Arccos in 2019, as we’ve become the most used on-course golf app worldwide – surpassing 300,000 registered users and reaching 4 million rounds played,” said Sal Syed, CEO and Co-Founder of Arccos Golf. “Thanks in large part to the incredible Arccos members and our relationships with companies like PING, Cobra, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Microsoft, Apple, SuperStroke, Golf Pride, Lamkin and others, we are exceptionally well positioned for strong growth in 2020 and beyond.”

Arccos Caddie is golf’s first Artificial Intelligence (AI) platform. It combines Automatic Shot Tracking and Smart Distance Club Averages with Advanced Analytics and Caddie Advice for any golf hole on earth. Utilizing the unmatched data in the platform, users get smarter and improve faster. Last year, an average Arccos user who played at least 5 rounds, lowered their handicap by an incredible 4.2 strokes and the rate of improvement was consistent across all handicap levels. The stroke improvement number is calculated using the new World Handicap System.

• Like 1

StrokerAce
:cobra-small:  Speedzone Xtreme 
:cobra-small:  King F7 3/4w Fujikara 
:titelist-small:  816 H1 21 Diamana red 
:ping-small:  G410 4-U Project X LZ 6.0
:vokey-small:  SM6 54/58 
TBD...
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro 
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130
:Arccos: Caddie

Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

Thanks

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 * Ventus Blue 6s pure 

3 Fairway: Callaway Rogue 15*  Matrix Ozik HD7 tp 

3 Hybrid:  Taylormade M3 TP 18.5*   4 Hybrid:  Taylormade Rocketballs stage 2  22.5* 

5 iron Srixon U85

6-P Irons:  KZG Forged III  

Gap Wedge: Cleveland CBX 50*  Sand Wedge:  Cleveland RTX 4  54*  

Lob Wedge:  Callaway MD5 Jaws 58/12 M

Putter:  Evnroll ER 8.3 34" Gravity grip 

Ball:  Bridgestone B rxs Yellow

FYI these new implementations do NOT include shot tracking via Android Watch or Wearable.  You still need to have your phone in your pocket.

Whomp Whomp

• Like 2

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 Plus Ping 9* VA Nemesys 65FIVE
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* VA Vylyn 75FIVE
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49 F - 54 S - 59 D
:mizuno-small: M Craft I
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

SuperSpeed Forum Tester
Initial Driver Speed on Provided Monitor: 109 MPH

No mention of the Link in that release. I wonder if it's dead?

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

2 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

No mention of the Link in that release. I wonder if it's dead?

Perhaps waiting until the pga show? 

• Like 1

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 Plus Ping 9* VA Nemesys 65FIVE
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* VA Vylyn 75FIVE
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49 F - 54 S - 59 D
:mizuno-small: M Craft I
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

SuperSpeed Forum Tester
Initial Driver Speed on Provided Monitor: 109 MPH