Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Putter testing over (for now)

gregh729

First off - I love buying and testing putters! However, I don't really like putting or owning them. Lots of head goblins going on.

Started the year with an Odyssey Black 7s. Putting ok with it. Nothing special, nothing horrible. Just like every other year.

Also in the stable were my old Ping Redwood Anser, and Odyssey Protype iX #1.

During the year, I picked up a Scotty Futura 5.5M, Newport 2 Select (2016?), TM Ardmore 3, and Ping B60 Vault 2.0.

Conclusion - 

I am a headcase, LOL.  I like the look of a blade. I'll keep the 7s, but I prefer my old Redwood and iX.  I keep putting stats and my averages were within a 1/2 stroke across the board.  I guess you could say it proves that it is the Indian and not the arrow, but where is the fun in that?  I've already jettisoned the TM and B60. The Scotty's will be moved soon.  WHich means, I'll probably start accumulating more putters during the winter.

I also realized that I do not like the Super Stroke grips.  I had one on the 7s, Newport 2, and B60.  Never could get comfortable with it.

:callaway-small: Mavrik Max, 9* 
:taylormade-small:Stealth 15* / 18*
:callaway-small: Rogue 4H, 21*
:callaway-small: Steelhead XR 5-AW 
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore 52* / 56*
:odyssey-small: White Hot Versa Seven S , 35"
Many other putters in the bullpen waiting for call