TESTERS WANTED! ×

Golf Trip, which one and why?

bens197

That course looks gorgeous.

Full disclosure, I walked the Black in 2002. We had a tournament in Port Washington when I was in college and our coach took us to Bethpage to see the course. The staff said we could walk all 18 so long as we didn’t walk on the greens.

Playing it is not a reach; we want to make a family trip to Montauk.

Sounds like Bethpage for you then! Those others aren’t anywhere near Montauk. Should be great time. Post some pics if u get a chance to take some. :)

If you ever travel outside of US check out the link i posted. You won’t be disappointed. My buddy just came back from there a couple days ago and said the courses are in great shape right now.

Sounds like Bethpage for you then! Those others aren’t anywhere near Montauk. Should be great time. Post some pics if u get a chance to take some. :)

If you ever travel outside of US check out the link i posted. You won’t be disappointed. My buddy just came back from there a couple days ago and said the courses are in great shape right now.

That’s just one option since it’d be on the way out East

You guys have been incredibly helpful!

I had a lot of fun browsing that link...it looks incredible.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I read through all the post and almost lost track of what the original post asked. haha. So many good courses I want to at some point play. 

Based on your original question, my answer is Pebble Beach. There is soo much other cool stuff in the Monterrey area that the kids will be happy. My wife will be happy and I will be happy. 

Plus there are some other awesome courses in the area. Bayonet and black horse, some course up in Carmel etc etc etc. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

• 2 weeks later...

My wife knows I turned down a round at Winged Foot and Bethpage last summer. I’m a pretty good dad and have chosen to always put my family ahead of any of my activities.

Recently, we discussed bucket list trips and I had told her about some golf destinations, namely Cabot Links.

We agreed that we should look for some trips where I could golf and we could all still travel as a family. My wife isn’t a golfer but I’d love to see her pick up some clubs and give it a shot.

We’d travel and find some things to do along the way and enjoy several points rather than a single destination.

So, if the choice was yours, which of these would you choose?

Cabot
Whistling Straits
Brandon Dunes
Pinehurst
Pebble Beach (she loved the spa and resort)

Last year I played the Robert Trent Jones Trail in Alabama. I started in Huntsville and worked my way down to Mobile. I stayed in AirBnbs at each stop and met some truly incredible people. This was a two week 14 round trip. While that type of fast and furious travel may not be for everyone.......I wouldn’t trade the experience.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

I have a similar family situation to yours. I'm the only semi-serious golfer, but prioritize family time. We have planned several of our family vacations, just as you suggest, around finding a round of golf for me mixed in to other family  time. Many of the locations you mentioned seem like golf only destinations though. We have done trips to Sea Island, GA, Hilton Head, SC, and Hammock Beach, FL that all had a myriad of family activities and resort/spa amenities away from the golf course. I highly recommend any of all of those. 

Driver:  :PXG: 311XF Gen5, Tensei CK Pro Orange, S flex

Fariway:  :PXG: 311XF Gen6 3-Wood, Tensei Blue 55g R flex

Hybrid:   :PXG: 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

:titleist-small: TSR2 4H, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester)

Irons:  :titleist-small: T200 2023, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester), 5-GW

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2 Murdered Out

I work with a father of two girls and nobody in his family plays golf.

They travel to Sea Island every other year during the early summer months. Based upon the commentary here, I think Sea Island would be a wise choice.

I want to thank all of you for your suggestions and feedback

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I’m from the east coast and played Cabot a handful of times. 
the golf is unreal. Spa items for your wife are not there but the beach for the family is right off the courses and they can actually watch you play from certain points of you on the course. Speaking from experience they took photos of me and waved to me while I played a handful of holes while they played. Pretty cool experience. Small town charm will capture you also!

Driver - Taylormade R510TP 9.5 speeder 757 stiff
Fairway - Taylormade V-Steel 16.5 NV green stiff 
Irons - Titleist 690.MB 3-PW s300 upright +1.5
Wedges - Taylormade xFT 52degree, Titleist Vokey SM6 55,58 
Putter - Nike mod 60 33"
Bag - Titleist 4up stand bag 
Shoes - Nike TW 20' black

I’m from the east coast and played Cabot a handful of times. 
the golf is unreal. Spa items for your wife are not there but the beach for the family is right off the courses and they can actually watch you play from certain points of you on the course. Speaking from experience they took photos of me and waved to me while I played a handful of holes while they played. Pretty cool experience. Small town charm will capture you also!

Their instagram does a great job capturing the beauty of the region. Maybe someday I’ll make it there. I hope.
  • Srixon Z-Star XV