TESTERS WANTED! ×

Need help finding shafts

Mizuno2

So I was fitted for 110 c taper lites S in irons. I play Miura retro and cb 201 combo set 3-pw. Going to get an MT 001 3 iron Driving iron. Dont want to put iron shaft in it. What does anyone recomend for DI Shaft? Was fitted based on 0.98 efficiency, play slight draw. 30 yrd peak hight 5600 rpm spin. 173ish carry 7 iron.

Also was fitted for Kyoshi Purple in driver 10.5 Cobra f9. Need a shaft for my Adams 16° hybrid since my driver is a piece of s@#$. And cant hit a 3 wood. So I have decided on hybrid but having a hard tine on shaft. Want something that is higher launch low spin I think? That way I can hit into par 5s still.

Sent from my SM-G950W using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver- Mizuno jpx Ez 9.5(set to low) with Matrix Red tie limited edition masters green with multicompound red platinum 44.5" f3 wood- Adams tight lies 16* Mitsubishi rayon fubuki x flex3-9 irons- Mizuno T-zoid pro irons s300 w sensicores47*, 56* Mizuno s5 wedge white satinPutter- odyssey #9 pro with super stroke 3.0All other clubs have different coloured multi compounds

I always chuckle a bit when this question is asked. And it's asked over and over and often in the forum. The question of this thread/post is by Mizuno2 who needs help "finding a shaft." That part's easy... they're everywhere! Get on the internet and search for golf shafts. You'll find millions of them. Ok, I get it... Mizuno2 is really asking us to recommend a golf shaft that will work for him based on very limited information. Fair enough. But what if I told y'all I need a car based on very limited information. What do you think I'd hear? Probably the first question would be; how much do I want to spend. Then perhaps do I want a car or an SUV or pickup, 4-wheel drive or not, 2 door or 4 doors, what engine size, standard shift or automatic, sunroof, color, and on and on and on. Someone would probably suggest I go try some out. ie... get fit for a car. Good idea. By doing that I'd actually get to see and feel how a particular automobile drives, feels, handles, and sounds. Right? Would I need to spend $100,000 to get a great car or would $30,000 get the job done. Perhaps a used model works fine. Keep in mind they'll all get me from point A to B. So why on earth would I ask or even take advice from forum members about what car I should buy? I wouldn't. Alright, perhaps some of you named a few cars that interested me but... I'm going to go take a look at them and drive them around. That's the only way I'd ever know if they are right (a good fit) for me.

I've said more than once in the forum that I have almost zero interest in golf shafts generally and shaft specs or technology specifically. It bores me. What I do care about is what I see and feel from a particular golf shaft. That's all that matters. There's no way I can get the best shaft for my game by listening to or taking advice from a golf forum guy offering his shaft recommendations. But I'll go ahead and make one anyway.... silver with cool graphics.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Driving iron leaves you with two options. Either put an iron shaft of equal or lesser weight than your iron shaft or put a hybrid shaft in it. 

determining a DI shaft based on 7i numbers or what shaft was fit for a driver makes no sense imo. 

im with @PlaidJacket that you will get a bunch of recommendations based on people’s experiences but there isn’t anyone that swings like you swing so they are more suggestions than anything concrete. There’s plenty of options out there from most brands. 

the default answer and best is to go get fit for a shaft that works for you.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

. But I'll go ahead and make one anyway.... silver with cool graphics.

Sarcasm mode on...

I don’t think silver would look very good and it is my least favorite color. Can you recommend a pretty blue shaft with minimal graphics. If I don’t like the way it looks I can’t hit it well.

Sarcasm mode off...

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I am going to go out on a limb here. Based on what I am seeing. Which as Plaid mentioned is very little and kinda hard to judge. 

Here is what I am thinking. You have average club head speed and want a driving iron. Maybe not the best idea but ok no biggie. I like driving irons too. You want some help getting it air born and turning over. With you there. Here is my suggestion. 

KBS hybrid 65 or 75 gram stiff flex. It is light enough that you should be able to generate some speed with it and get the ball air born. 

https://kbsgolfshafts.com/shop/tour-graphite-hybrid-prototype/

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

I am going to go out on a limb here. Based on what I am seeing. Which as Plaid mentioned is very little and kinda hard to judge. 
Here is what I am thinking. You have average club head speed and want a driving iron. Maybe not the best idea but ok no biggie. I like driving irons too. You want some help getting it air born and turning over. With you there. Here is my suggestion. 
KBS hybrid 65 or 75 gram stiff flex. It is light enough that you should be able to generate some speed with it and get the ball air born. 
https://kbsgolfshafts.com/shop/tour-graphite-hybrid-prototype/

A great shaft for me. Have this shaft in my hybrids and was confirmed by a fitter it was a great shaft.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG