IMG_1434.JPG

For those who think that marketing distance or high price points are new this is a Wilson Ad from the 1940’s.

Notice the Wilson Distance Ball and the statement about Wilson equipment being a value at any price.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7

Yep, the only difference is now they have hot blondes in yoga pants in sales & marketing, versus the 1940s where the women were the secretaries and dressed (more or less) in burkas.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, revkev said:

IMG_1434.JPG

For those who think that marketing distance or high price points are new this is a Wilson Ad from the 1940’s.

Notice the Wilson Distance Ball and the statement about Wilson equipment being a value at any price.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Funny how some things don't change and golfers stay the same.  I love these old ads!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

Funny how some things don't change and golfers stay the same.  I love these old ads!

You should have seen the newspaper clips of Sammy's "swing tips."  All of them had to do with gaining those extra yards. 🙂

On 11/19/2019 at 8:23 AM, revkev said:

You should have seen the newspaper clips of Sammy's "swing tips."  All of them had to do with gaining those extra yards. 🙂

I wish I could see those!  A quick search didn't provide much, but I will give it a more thorough look when I have some more time.

On 11/19/2019 at 8:43 AM, PlaidJacket said:

My hands hurt just thinking about that

• Like 1