Our Sponsors

4 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Everything is correct... except that one about "on the toe".  What is this toe shot??  That's a part of the club that I'm not familiar with.  

Toe shot,  that is the place on the clubface that my golf ball loves to make contact.  I feel like I could have a 10 inch long iron head and still hit the toe.      

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Toe shot,  that is the place on the clubface that my golf ball loves to make contact.  I feel like I could have a 10 inch long iron head and still hit the toe.      

And I can address the ball with the toe of the club completely inside the ball and hit the hosel.  🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

55 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

And I can address the ball with the toe of the club completely inside the ball and hit the hosel.  🤣

Adam Young has a .. can we call it a "magic tip"? .. range drill in his Strike Plan where you intentionally aim to hit balls toe and heel, and center, to build clubface awareness.

(No, I'm not good at it.......)

• Like 5

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway XR 4H (Project X SD)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 (Rotex graphite) and Callaway X-Jaws 60 (TT-DG S300)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

1 hour ago, cksurfdude said:

Adam Young has a .. can we call it a "magic tip"? .. range drill in his Strike Plan where you intentionally aim to hit balls toe and heel, and center, to build clubface awareness.

(No, I'm not good at it.......)

I’m very good at that drill.. ohhh wait you said intentionally. 😜

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

This is such a great thread, and one I fall victim to quite often. As someone who has played golf for years but had only begun to take it seriously, I'm still working out a few kinks in my swing.

I struggle with ball contact something horrible, hence my screen name. Days like we've had recently (lots of rain) have me scouring YouTube for tips on better iron play. I've recently come across a couple of tips on better shoulder turn in the follow through and weight shift. So far, I think I've found the magic tip! Ball striking has improved and I'm seeing better consistency. I should destroy my buddies the next time I play.

I know this is just a fleeting moment of golf nirvana and it'll eventually fade, but I'm hoping that it'll become a piece of my swing going forward that will lead to incremental improvement in the long run.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

standing too close to the ball. Pushes everything left for me. Im a lefty. Even putting I’ve been standing too close. How has nobody noticed this!! But went out and shot a 78 after the club pro saw me warming up with some putts