TESTERS WANTED! ×

senior golf

pops

I play in a 18 hole senior golf league.  Players under 50 are allowed to participate do to the lack of senior golfers.   The league rules state that 70 and under play from the white tees, and over play from the gold.  Many golfers fall in the 62 to 70 range.  This group feels they are being penalized.  They feel they can't compete with the younger long ball hitters.  Super seniors at 80 can play from the reds.  My thoughts are that with my handicap at 18, my chances are slim that I can consistently beat a single digit to 12 handicap golfer.  I am going to propose at are preliminary golf meeting this spring, 62 and older hit from the senior tees, and under 62 hit from the whites.  Of course, super seniors hit from the red. Some of my friends feel we should follow the PGA senior tour, with everybody over fifty hit from the same tee.  Welcome feedback.

You have to break at some age and someone is going to complain it isn't fair.  I would generally say that a 50 year old will hit it farther than a 70 year old.   I know distance isn't everything but that is how people evaluate things.   With honest handicap everything should even out; that is the  purpose of using them. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

In my Tuesday league anyone 60 and over plays from the senior tees. But I know a 65 and 70 year old that hit it just as far as me, and I am 52.

Our league is just a casual captain’s choice so we just play more for the fellowship and score is secondary.

Ultimately though no matter what age you make the senior tees there will always be outliers that defy the normal “average” distance for their age. And you will always find younger guys that don’t hit it very far no matter what they try. That’s just one of God’s great mysteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

Am I missing something here?  (I am in UK, so not on a slope based or WHS type hcp system yet)

But shouldn't the handicap system sort that out?

Ok, no system is ever 'perfect' I know, but If the slope rating for the set of tees used is worked out properly surely that should even the chances for shorter hitters.  I realise that a short, but very accurate hitter may have difficulty actually reaching some fairways, but if they do play from shorter tees doesn't that just give them an unfair advantage?

Edit...  If the issue is one of carry required to clear deep rough or water etc then surely (knowing that a wide variety of players will be using the longer tees in club comps)  that is a course design/layout issue, not player handicap or age problem.

Edited by Pandaman
Just now, Middler said:

The two best answers have already been given IMO.

1) No matter what age break(s) you set, some ages will feel disadvantaged.

2) More important. If your league uses handicaps based on the tees each age group is using, that should equalize everyone no matter what tee they play from.

The seniors I used to play with were 75 and up gold tees, 70 and up red tees and everyone else white tees. The league I play in now is everyone from red tees, but HI’s equalize everyone just fine IMO.

I would agree with this except on closest to the pin contests.  If I have 175 yards into a par 3 from the regular tees, and a senior has 125 yards, that senior has a better shot at getting closer to that pin then I do.  I've witnessed that happen over and over again.

It's the same reason my Tuesday league split the closest to the pin and longest drives up for the regular and senior tee competitors.  We noticed that on the long drive contest specifically that a senior would win that contest every time, because they had an 80 yard advantage off of the tee on the longest drive hole.  And as I mentioned above, there are a few senior golfers in our group that can outdrive me straight up from the same tees.  Not that I am that long of a hitter, but when my best drive is probably 250, and the senior's average drive is 250, giving him an edge from the tee box just makes it too easy for him to win that sort of contest without even hitting a really long ball.

I would agree with this except on closest to the pin contests.  If I have 175 yards into a par 3 from the regular tees, and a senior has 125 yards, that senior has a better shot at getting closer to that pin then I do.  I've witnessed that happen over and over again.
It's the same reason my Tuesday league split the closest to the pin and longest drives up for the regular and senior tee competitors.  We noticed that on the long drive contest specifically that a senior would win that contest every time, because they had an 80 yard advantage off of the tee on the longest drive hole.  And as I mentioned above, there are a few senior golfers in our group that can outdrive me straight up from the same tees.  Not that I am that long of a hitter, but when my best drive is probably 250, and the senior's average drive is 250, giving him an edge from the tee box just makes it too easy for him to win that sort of contest without even hitting a really long ball.

We don't have closest to the pin contests in our league play. However, one advantage of the guys playing forward tees is that on several holes at our Club, it takes water or other penalty areas out of play.

Our Club "rule" is that if your age and index = 105 you can play forward tees. And supposedly your strokes given are reduced for playing forward tees

I've played in league against guys who played the forward tees and it was quite annoying since I felt they had a strong advantage even with the stroke reduction. Supposedly our Club is going to look at this year's results and make additional adjustments - whatever that means.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I'll be 69 on the 29th of this month and have had three knee surgeries/replacement, broke hip, and pinched nerves in my back.  I joined my old club (Lane Creek) and the bunch I'm playing with on Wednesdays are all playing from the senior tees except two players.  I currently  play the whites with a 58 year old who hits a long ball however there are four long par four holes that require I hit a hybrid on approach shots. They told me to move up with the old guys and I am considering mix tees.  Playing the whites on everything except those long par fours.  I don't feel right moving up to the senior tees where they are on the same box as the ladies.  It feels awkward doing so.  

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

4 hours ago, ole gray said:

I'll be 69 on the 29th of this month and have had three knee surgeries/replacement, broke hip, and pinched nerves in my back.  I joined my old club (Lane Creek) and the bunch I'm playing with on Wednesdays are all playing from the senior tees except two players.  I currently  play the whites with a 58 year old who hits a long ball however there are four long par four holes that require I hit a hybrid on approach shots. They told me to move up with the old guys and I am considering mix tees.  Playing the whites on everything except those long par fours.  I don't feel right moving up to the senior tees where they are on the same box as the ladies.  It feels awkward doing so.  

My feeling exactly!  There is quite a difference between our "Men's tees" or Blue and our "Senior tees" or White.  Just doesn't feel right.  My wife normally plays from the forward or Red tees, but sometimes she plays from the White tees.

Interesting though... my scores are generally the same from Blue or White.  🙄

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I'm just gonna add today's experience to this thread, because I got schooled by an older guy, who if I had to guess was mid 60's at least, and played from the same tees I did all day, and was easily 40-50 yards shorter than me off of the tee box.  But I got schooled, old school style as we played a two man best ball match.  I played with some of the guys at my club who I know, and the older guy had had back surgery and is currently a 6 handicap, but before his back went out he was easily scratch or better.  Well, his game returned to form today, and he put on a clinic on the course.  Hit every fairway (easily) and I think he missed one green all day.  The highlight of the day for him was probably his approach shot on #16, which he stuck to within a foot of the hole from I would guess well over 160+ yards out.  But that highlight was basically what I witnessed all day long as he shot 69 and made it look easy.  

I had two birdies on my card, and I needed both of those birdies to halve holes with this guy.  I mean, he put a ridiculous clinic in how to hit iron shots to within 10 feet or better of the hole all day long.  Absolutely insanely accurate.  But again, he's middle 60'ish I would guess and has lost some distance off of the tee, and probably should be playing from one tee up, but honestly, what different does it make for him, as he just smooths every single shot he hits with an effortless swing that is borderline robotic.

My point for this thread is that sometimes it doesn't matter how far you hit it, because there are certain players that can score from any distance.  I mean, by the back nine it was just nuts as I drain a 15 footer for birdie on #17, only to see this guy drop his putt on top of mine from a few feet closer.  But when you are the closest to the hole on every green, you are bound to make some putts.  Heck, this guy should have gone at least 2 or 3 shots lower.  His only bogey of the day was a horseshoe lipout on #4.  Just insane to watch that demonstration of golf greatness, to which I can only hope to emulate on rare occasion.

We have three Senior tournaments weekly here is SoOR and 50 and over play from  the senior tees. 80 and over from the tees in front of the senior tees. We have during the summer months 144 players at each tournament weekly. One on Monday, one on Tuesday and on Wednesday. If they had more room they could add more players as they turn away players at each tournament.

Like @cnosilstated, if everyone is playing to honest handicaps, tee position shouldn't matter too much.  I do agree with you that 50 year old and younger players will generally have an advantage under the age/tee rules you stated - particularly on longer courses.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Kinda know about the Senior Tee controversy. We are all Seniors here our particular group right now ranges 67 to 78 with me at 73.
I still play from the white tees and only one guy from the forward tees. Our oldest was 84 and he moved back to CT.
We let the guys play where they want, there’s no real money involved and actually we’re all happy to just be out there and hit the ball around no matter had bad it is sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I can tell you about my team today.  I played the regular tees beside a guy not quite 40 and another in his 50's.  The guy 2 years older than me qualified to play the senior tees.  I was the short knocker ALL DAY long!  On average, the two younger guys were 75 yards ahead of me, and in some cases even more.  A humbling day 🙂

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

On 11/21/2019 at 5:05 AM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

The standard tee is the white.   But they have a "Rule of 70".  If your age plus your handicap =70 or higher you may move up one tee box.  So me I'm past years as a 55 year old and 20 handicap didn't have to hit from the longer trees. 

I'm never going to move up a tee because "I'm not going to let the old man in". 🙂  Also because it would be similar to my experience at fireman training a couple years ago (I'm a volunteer fireman).  It's a drill on coming down a ladder from a two story window.

The instructor has a 20 something blonde firewoman doing the demonstration several times while we watched (more like grimaced and silently call for mommy).  Then he says, "ok, who wants to go first... and, oh btw, we do have a safety harness available if desired".  Yea, right, like any of us are going to opt for the harness and become the talk at the evening BBQ. 😆  Just like moving up a tee, some decisions are fraught with repercussions.

18 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Like @cnosilstated, if everyone is playing to honest handicaps, tee position shouldn't matter too much.  I do agree with you that 50 year old and younger players will generally have an advantage under the age/tee rules you stated - particularly on longer courses.

In theory, underscore in theory, I agree.   Honest handicaps applied to an effective or adequate system should produce results where tee position  materially do not or should not matter.   Unfortunately, personally, that does not seem to be the case.    Typically,  handicaps at most courses, my index reflects a one to two stroke difference in handicap between the regular tees and the senior tees.  However, again typically, I shoot anywhere from three to four shot better from the senior tees (its all about distance or my lack thereof).     Accordingly, when I post scores from the regular tees, I feel like I am creating an inappropriate handicap for use in senior outings and events.  Conversely, if I do not post regular tee scores: one, I would not be posting all my scores as required, and two, creating an inadequate handicap for team events from the regular tees that would impact my partners.   Therefore, I no longer play in any outings, leagues or tournaments mandating regular tee play.    I limit my play  to senior events and casual play with my buds.  

As an aside, I'm in my old office today with computer access, so let me say HI to all my Spy buds.  I really do miss you.

1 minute ago, TheWahoo said:

In theory, underscore in theory, I agree.   Honest handicaps applied to an effective or adequate system should produce results where tee position  materially do not or should not matter.   Unfortunately, personally, that does not seem to be the case.    Typically,  handicaps at most courses, my index reflects a one to two stroke difference in handicap between the regular tees and the senior tees.  However, again typically, I shoot anywhere from three to four shot better from the senior tees (its all about distance or my lack thereof).     Accordingly, when I post scores from the regular tees, I feel like I am creating an inappropriate handicap for use in senior outings and events.  Conversely, if I do not post regular tee scores: one, I would not be posting all my scores as required, and two, creating an inadequate handicap for team events from the regular tees that would impact my partners.   Therefore, I no longer play in any outings, leagues or tournaments mandating regular tee play.    I limit my play  to senior events and casual play with my buds.  

As an aside, I'm in my old office today with computer access, so let me say HI to all my Spy buds.  I really do miss you.

Does the one to two stroke improvement include adjusting for the shorter distance?  I don't keep an official handicap, so I'm not up at all on how the traditional GHIN or new world system accounts for course distance.

2 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Does the one to two stroke improvement include adjusting for the shorter distance?  I don't keep an official handicap, so I'm not up at all on how the traditional GHIN or new world system accounts for course distance.

At most courses, the course computer will reflect the tee handicaps when one enters their index.   This is where, typically, I find the one to two stroke variance between the regular and senior tees.  My assumption is that the rating and slope factors used reflects distance and other factors.   Again, that is my assumption, I could be wrong.

28 minutes ago, TheWahoo said:

Look who's back!   I got excited for a moment thinking you had figured out the Ipad or laptop configuration, then I read the last line, that you're in your old office today.

Well however or whatever it took to get you on line, so glad to see you drop in.    Come out and see me sometime, I can't play for another 5 weeks or so, but we can sit around and talk about how good we would play if we went out....ha

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Man you guys have way more handicap difficulties than I have ever experienced and I thought I had been around - Connecticut, New York, Indiana, Wisconsin and now Florida and very little of that time at private clubs.  There has been the occasional outlying clear sand bagger who gets expelled but its always been the guy playing the best golf wins and that normal gets spread out over time (just as it should.)  Under those circumstances handicaps will sort things out.

Of course there are going to be examples of 70 year olds who driving it past 40 year olds the exception does not prove the rule.  I'm 63 and not particularly long and yet there are 20 something whom I out drive.  That's hardly the entire game.

My suggestion to the Op is that his group consult the State Golf Association which will have guidelines for its championship play and then adjust accordingly.  Generally speaking the divisions for Amateurs differ from touring pros (for obvious reasons.)  It's usually Senior 55-64, Super Senior 65 and up - You may wish to create an additional group of your own from 75 to 100 or something like that depending on the tee configuration at your course.

Regardless you will find that it gets tougher as your reach the upper limits of each age bracket because you are unable to hit the ball as far or as consistently as you could at the lower end.  It really doesn't matter whom I'm longer than right now - I'm not longer than or as consistent as the 55 year old RevKev and for those reasons I can't compete with him - my handicap reflects that however so I could compete with him so long as both of us used our handicaps.  Since I'm less consistent he might accuse me (or I myself) of being a sandbagger when I throw in a nice 71 or 72 and get 7 strokes - he will have forgotten the 84's that I strong together for the two months prior and all the money he took from me there in with his 74's and 75's when he makes that accusation. 

I hope this helps - all of us - to put things in perspective rather than trying to prove rules and norms by exceptions.  Either that or we should run for congress - they make a living out of it. 🙂

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Where in Connecticut does he live?  🤨

Beacon Falls, he had a house built in a Senior Community.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Man you guys have way more handicap difficulties than I have ever experienced and I thought I had been around - Connecticut, New York, Indiana, Wisconsin and now Florida and very little of that time at private clubs.  There has been the occasional outlying clear sand bagger who gets expelled but its always been the guy playing the best golf wins and that normal gets spread out over time (just as it should.)  Under those circumstances handicaps will sort things out.
Of course there are going to be examples of 70 year olds who driving it past 40 year olds the exception does not prove the rule.  I'm 63 and not particularly long and yet there are 20 something whom I out drive.  That's hardly the entire game.
My suggestion to the Op is that his group consult the State Golf Association which will have guidelines for its championship play and then adjust accordingly.  Generally speaking the divisions for Amateurs differ from touring pros (for obvious reasons.)  It's usually Senior 55-64, Super Senior 65 and up - You may wish to create an additional group of your own from 75 to 100 or something like that depending on the tee configuration at your course.

Regardless you will find that it gets tougher as your reach the upper limits of each age bracket because you are unable to hit the ball as far or as consistently as you could at the lower end.  It really doesn't matter whom I'm longer than right now - I'm not longer than or as consistent as the 55 year old RevKev and for those reasons I can't compete with him - my handicap reflects that however so I could compete with him so long as both of us used our handicaps.  Since I'm less consistent he might accuse me (or I myself) of being a sandbagger when I throw in a nice 71 or 72 and get 7 strokes - he will have forgotten the 84's that I strong together for the two months prior and all the money he took from me there in with his 74's and 75's when he makes that accusation. 

I hope this helps - all of us - to put things in perspective rather than trying to prove rules and norms by exceptions.  Either that or we should run for congress - they make a living out of it.

True That!

Rick

Left Hand, 

I hope this helps - all of us - to put things in perspective rather than trying to prove rules and norms by exceptions.  Either that or we should run for congress - they make a living out of it.

True That!

Rick

Left Hand, 

18 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I'm never going to move up a tee because "I'm not going to let the old man in". 🙂  Also because it would be similar to my experience at fireman training a couple years ago (I'm a volunteer fireman).  It's a drill on coming down a ladder from a two story window.

The instructor has a 20 something blonde firewoman doing the demonstration several times while we watched (more like grimaced and silently call for mommy).  Then he says, "ok, who wants to go first... and, oh btw, we do have a safety harness available if desired".  Yea, right, like any of us are going to opt for the harness and become the talk at the evening BBQ. 😆  Just like moving up a tee, some decisions are fraught with repercussions.

ROTFLMAO---- Firefighter's Ego-----  I can safely comment because I was a Volunteer firefighter on and off for some 23 years. Actually the last time I did that drill was at age 42 some 20 years ago and I was 50 lbs lighter. Also for kicks and giggles when I was much younger I could do the under hand swing and swing to the underside of the ladder in full gear. When I moved to SC and went on a new department the training Captain blew a fuse when I pulled that stunt. I have actually went all the way down the ladder head first. OHHH man I was so much lighter and agile in those days

Edited by BIG STU

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Back to the subject at hand and the main thing being distance. At 62 I play the senior tees and there are older seniors that hit it past me. My buddy we call "Checkers" is 70 and blows it past me but he can not beat me. In my older age I do something I never did when I was younger keeping it in the short grass. This one bud of mine is 74 or 75 now and plays from the red tees. He hits the ugliest Quail high hook drive you ever seen but it rolls forever and rolls out about 250. Love being on his team in a mixed scramble event because they usually have the red tees up. Played in a event with him one time and we killed them. He was leaving another running buddy of mine and me wedges and like 9 irons into par 4s all day and mid irons into Par 5s.  John Smalls thinks I am a short iron player this guy is better than me.  That day we had a $1 side bet going between him and me on closest to the pin. I think we wore that dollar bill out. Man that was one fun day not because our team won but it was fun-- It was a big Catholic church event and was well marshaled and we had lots of side bets going on among the marshals etc.  My bud and I donated back our prizes to the event because technically and morally we could not accept them due to both of us being pros---- But the most hell that was being raised was because of the bud hitting the ball off the red tees so far. With his game that is about all he can do hit a driver he shoots around 100 otherwise can not hit or putt a lick---- But my point is some where someone is going to complain because they are being out driven. Personally me I know where I drive it and play the rest of my game accordingly. I do still play from the mid tees on occasion if playing with others may have to hit 2 clubs more to a green but meh just academic for me

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Simply put, I do not play many events. I do golf 2-3 times per week.

I play for fun and the challenge of just being that much better than last time.  As a result, I have actually played much more consistent golf in the past few years.

I have gone to senior tees to compensate for my skills and body.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 Super Bowl Champions Bag  :  :ping: G410 Plus, Alta Red CB 55 SR Flex, GX-7 14º(acting as a 3 wood),  :ping:   G400 4H, 5H. Sr Flex,   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges graphite SR Shafts (50º, 56º, 60º),  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g :bridgestone: e12 for the items I try to hit on purposematte red, so I can see them. :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

3 hours ago, DrMJG said:

Simply put, I do not play many events. I do golf 2-3 times per week.

I play for fun and the challenge of just being that much better than last time.  As a result, I have actually played much more consistent golf in the past few years.

I have gone to senior tees to compensate for my skills and body.

Kinda off topic how about posting a pic of the Belding Bag----- I like Belding bags in general

G

7 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Kinda off topic how about posting a pic of the Belding Bag----- I like Belding bags in general

IMG_0156.JPG.3a21fb929cfbf5c4c705cceb169abb52.JPGIMG_0160.jpg.4f9250c2c3dbc2af7083ea87e1d67d42.jpg

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 Super Bowl Champions Bag  :  :ping: G410 Plus, Alta Red CB 55 SR Flex, GX-7 14º(acting as a 3 wood),  :ping:   G400 4H, 5H. Sr Flex,   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges graphite SR Shafts (50º, 56º, 60º),  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g :bridgestone: e12 for the items I try to hit on purposematte red, so I can see them. :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

5 hours ago, DrMJG said:

IMG_0156.JPG.3a21fb929cfbf5c4c705cceb169abb52.JPGIMG_0160.jpg.4f9250c2c3dbc2af7083ea87e1d67d42.jpg

Thanks man---- That is a nice bag---- Belding makes some good stuff--- And for some reason the head covers you have set that bag off nice--- Note did see a similar one Green Bay Packers too for sell on E-Bay last night

G