TESTERS WANTED! ×

Can we feature YOU???

STUDque

My name is Egor Zubov, I'm 16 years old 

I used to live in Spain and play for the national Spanish team in my age group, playing European team championships and British boys. I'm handicap 0.2 and play for 5 years

Know I live for 5 months in Florida and attend the Leadbetter junior golf academy. Play many amateur tournaments (St.augustine amateur, golfweek invitational) and playing more ajga at the start of 2020. I have been a fan and a supporter of mygolfspy for several years, the content is absolutely amazing and precise. I think I would be a great candidate to represent the category of junior golf.

Thank you for the opportunity

My name is Thomas Torrez I’m active duty Army currently station at Fort Bragg NC. Also a paratrooper with the 82nd!

I love the game of golf been playing for about 20 years now even have a YouTube channel called TCT Golf. On the channel I do ball reviews and other golf related content. My whole goal with golf is to promote the greatest game to everyone. Having people enjoying the game more and more.

To me golf is such a powerful sport it will teach a lot of things you need to learn from a young age. First thing I learned was patience that was a hard one golf isn’t a fast sport and same with life. The second one was honesty to always play by the rules and tell the right score. In life, you have your word to people that’s how trust starts. The third life lesson golf will teach you is courage to play in tournaments and hit shots that scare you. Also makes you face fear of self -doubt. The last one I will cover is respect golf is a gentleman’s game. There are untold rules you just know and give the respect to your golf mate while he/she hits. Just like life you got to respect people it’s just the right thing to do. These are a few reasons that I’m starting school to become a teaching profession.

I love this game and I’ll never stop loving it and sharing it to people. Thank you for reading my little story on how golf touched my life. 

My name is Thomas Torrez I’m active duty Army currently station at Fort Bragg NC. Also a paratrooper with the 82nd!

I love the game of golf been playing for about 20 years now even have a YouTube channel called TCT Golf. On the channel I do ball reviews and other golf related content. My whole goal with golf is to promote the greatest game to everyone. Having people enjoying the game more and more.

To me golf is such a powerful sport it will teach a lot of things you need to learn from a young age. First thing I learned was patience that was a hard one golf isn’t a fast sport and same with life. The second one was honesty to always play by the rules and tell the right score. In life, you have your word to people that’s how trust starts. The third life lesson golf will teach you is courage to play in tournaments and hit shots that scare you. Also makes you face fear of self -doubt. The last one I will cover is respect golf is a gentleman’s game. There are untold rules you just know and give the respect to your golf mate while he/she hits. Just like life you got to respect people it’s just the right thing to do. These are a few reasons that I’m starting school to become a teaching profession.

I love this game and I’ll never stop loving it and sharing it to people. Thank you for reading my little story on how golf touched my life. 

Hello, I am Mike...

My dad is the reason I am in the crazy game, he put a 7i in my had many years ago and I was hooked. Not hooked in the way I am now but that it was fun to tag along with my pop and then with my own hacker buddies. If I could go back I would give up football and track for golf!! Them in a late night insta scroll I found "MyGolfSpy" and boom even more hooked. I have used the data to get one of the best driver set ups I have ever had and a ball that is both fire and ice with the Snell. I am now working through some of the wedge data for a new set of wedges. I have only bettered my game with countless hours on this site and hope to grow in this community and in my golf life. I am lucky enough to travel a few states regularly for work and get to play A LOT  of work golf!!!  My son who is now on his HS team is bit by the golf bug as well and I know I will have a twosome for life, cheers! 

Swing hard and always go for the green!

Rule 17b...laugh at the bad shots. 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash 5° with ADiZ 8

:callaway-small:X-Forged Irons KBS C-Taper 2i-PW

:callaway-small:Mac Daddy Wedges 54° 58° 64°

:scotty-small:New Port 2

:Snell:MTB-X

Lay ups are for basketball!

2i is my fav club!  

On 11/22/2019 at 7:12 PM, golfman916 said:

My name is Thinh Tran from Elk Grove, CA. I invented the Transrover. I came to the US to unite with my family at the age of 15. Finished college and had my dream job as a Graphic Designer. At the height of my career, I decided to give it all up to pursue my invention. It has been nearly 10 years in the making since I first started hacking out prototypes in my backyard. The road has been tough but I never gave up. Our first mass-produced batched has been completed and scheduled to arrive in the US before Christmas.

The review by Dave Wolfe with MGS earlier this year was tremendous. https://mygolfspy.com/transrover-all-in-one-cart/
It provided a platform that allowed me to gauge and interact with golf fanatics like myself about Transrover. Many of them became backers on my Kickstarter campaign and remain to be my strong supporters despite numerous setbacks.

I love the work that you at MGS do for the game and for us as players. I believe Transrover will add another dimension to how we play the game that has never been done before. I would love for you to share my story and invention to more of your fans and followers.

Respectfully,
Thinh Tran

Saw what you gave Taro and it looks awesome, I think this is a great idea and hope the best for you! I will check out your bag as soon as I am in the market for one, cheers. 

Hello my name is Bob Doerr

my current index is +1.2 and I game the Bridgestone tour B X currently (although I play the tp5x too). I would like to compare the two. As a golfer I am not the longest off the tee but I hit the ball low and straight, this is why I switched to the B X in the first place. I’m a steady iron player and am deadly with my wedges. Personally I would like to see the B X perform a bit better around the greens and would be interested in comparing the two.

I would be a perfect candidate for this research because I am a pretty good player and I allready have gamed Bridgestones balls so I could compare them to current models. If you would like testing done from a low ball player with good touch around the greens sign me up, if not I’m sure I’ll be trying them out in the future

Hello Everyone,

My name is Roy Roger Stewart, I reside in Cullman, Alabama a block from TP Country Club; according to my friends and family, I am a certified "Golf Nut."   I'm currently 71 years of age and I started playing golf around age 50 at the urging of my Supervisor.  He approached me one morning and informed me of an upcoming golf tournament I was expected to play in.  I informed him that I had never played golf other than Putt Putt.  The next morning I was presented with a loaner set of Bob Toski irons and woods, and told I better start practicing.  A few lessons and a lot of time on the range, and I was hooked.  I'm a mid handicapper, and although at my age and medical history I will never be on tour, I love it!

MyGolfSpy and its contributors have been helpful as I have progressed through equipment over the years.

The best things about golf are the people and the places.  I've made life long friends across the country that I likely would never have known outside of golf.  I've played golf across the US, in Canada, Ireland, and Scotland, places that I would never have dreamed of going, and building memories that often make me smile.  There are also fond memories of professional tournaments I've attended, such as The Masters, PGA and Champions Tour events.  I've learned to greatly appreciate the skill of PGA professionals, as well as that of various playing partners.  I marvel at the beauty of golf courses in natural setting, as well as those displaying marvelous engineering, such as Top of The Rock, or Buffalo Ridge near Branson Missouri.  Golf has opened a new world for me and I'm thankful that some "Nutty Scotsman"  dreamed up a game I can play the rest of my life!

Started playing late in life, but as I got older I found that golf is a much better activity than a lot of things old folks get into, plus I meet some of the nicest most interesting people!

I’m Jason,

I am almost 42, and currently a 5 hcp.  This year, 2019, was my 10th year playing golf.  I had to take one year off due to a fractured “hook of hamate” in 2016.  

I have to say, I wish I had started playing golf when I was younger, because I love it. Fortunately for me, I have some really good friends and family who like to play, and I have to credit my stepfather with my addiction to golf!  Roger is a retired Army vet, who can still beat the brakes off a ball.

my lowest round was a 72 at my home club the year before last, and it should have been a 69.

I was a Callaway at the beginning, because who doesn’t love Phil!? Played Callaway up to my hand injury, then played my first set of Ping’s.  Played them well, also and more importantly, learned the baby fade, game changer!  I played baseball for 20 years, so I needed a golf swing.  I was fortunate enough to have 3 incredible coaches, that I still work with when we can.  They are truly swing whisperers and the reason I play well.  I currently play all Taylormade p760’s , M5 driver, M6 3w and 5w.  Scotty putter, and Bridgestone Tour BXS.  Not because of tiger, but yes, I buy the one with his name on it! LOL!  
FORE!!

On 11/22/2019 at 11:40 PM, Inspiration_golf said:

Hi Golfspies,

My name is Randy Agapito and I started an organization to help people with disabilities improve their golf game and quality of life.

I have a background in Occupational therapy, specifically in neuroscience rehabilitation. A friend of mine encouraged me to try playing golf and I was immediately in love with the game. As I learned more about how to swing a club, I started to apply the techniques I used in rehabilitation and saw an exciting way to incorporate golf into recovery from injury.

Two years ago, I founded Inspiration Golf with a great team of people and we help "adaptive golfers" to improve their physical skills, experience community, and get back on to the golf course. We partner with other golf courses to host golf clinics for people with disabilities at no charge. In a short two years, we've helped almost 100 golfers in our area - providing PGA instruction, rehab techniques, and access to 2 Paragolfer stand up wheelchairs.

We have long appreciated the work of MyGolfSpy in helping to cut through the marketing hype so that we can help make the game more accessible to golfers with equipment suggestions based on credible reporting and research. 

Thanks everyone for reading this, and hope to continue our mission to promote health, community, and personal independence through the sport of golf!

Good on ya. Having taught sailing to people with disabilities I have a deep appreciation for the good you do.

First, I have been deeply moved by some of the stories of courage and redemption through golf I have read here. I am not someone who has found redemption and I apologize to you for what follows.

I’m 67, and was raised by a hard man in a place and time famed for hard men. It has been said that I am the sarcastic type and have a difficult time with reality. 5 years ago and either from madness or under the influence of a strange drug Ed Cook invited my buddy Harv and I, both life long “motorcycling enthusiasts” to play golf. Damn you Ed, damn you. Neither of us had ever played before. Apart from one hole, Harv shot bogey golf on the back 9. I shot 216 but Ed would only count 12 strokes per hole. My actual score would have been much higher. We were hooked. Or screwed. You choose.

Sometime later Harv’s young and lovely bride asked what two old bikers like us found so appealing in this old fat elitist white man’s game. In addition to being able to dress like a pimp, they served liquor on the course, you get to drink and drive with impunity, spit, swear, tell dirty jokes, pee in the woods, not wash your hands and beat things with clubs. What’s not to love? Golf is the perfect biker activity. BTW, I have taken 100 strokes off my game since that first round, broke 100 for the first time last year and intend to continue working to get my game into the 90’s this year, notwithstanding having been hit by a car, having a hip replaced last December, severing a bicep tendon last summer, having asthma, and type 2 diabetes. What’s life without a few challenges?

I am a gear ‘ho but I’m in a 12 step recovery program. I’m stuck on that step where you apologize to everyone you have offended with your gear purchases, particularly the future ex. I will admit to having suffered a set back in my recovery since I am going for a fitting tomorrow for a new set of irons. Can you say Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal boys and girls? Who needs cocaine when there is golf gear to blow your wad on? Oh, the shame of it all😉 I work full time at the Department of National Defence and have no intention of retiring. I go to the range more often than most people go to church, and Brooke Henderson makes me wish I could hit like a girl. Is that 200 words? Probably not. Love MGS, which has influenced but not selected everything in my bag, including the bag. What else do you need to know?

Edited by Pug
Typo and edited for brevity

My name is Christopher Brock, I’m am a golf professional from Pemberton N.J. I have Ben in the golf industry my entire working career. I started as a salesmen with Nevada Bobs in 1988. I have done thousands of fittings of the course of my career. I have don’t just about every job in this industry from cart boy to General Manager. I have fitting certifications from every major club manufacturer. I am currently working @ Springdale Golf Club on the Princeton University Campus. We work closely with the university teams, providing technical and logistical assistants to the teams. As a staff we do around 1300 lessons and 175-200 fittings per year. Our course is an 1895 William Flynn design golf course. We will be celebration our 125th anniversary in 2020. Our course is managed by Troon Golf Management. Our Director Of Fun is Keith Stewart. Host of the Fox Sports1 Broadcast “SpringDale Golf Live” on 920 The Jersey, and 2019 New Jersey Section P.G.A. Professional of the Year! Our other Professionals include Jason Barry Top 40 under 40 and Nick Gorman “Stack and Tilt Master”   Thank your for this opportunity and have a Springdale Day!

https://920thejersey.com/

Hi, I’m Shawn 34 yrs old. Been playing golf for about two years now. Still learning a lot about the game and loving every time I get a chance to go out and play. Also love when my daughter and I get to play together. She loves playing almost as much as I do.  Hoping to learn more about the game from here. Looking forward to the future!!

Hi,

I'm John and live in San Clemente, California.

I came to the game early, when I first picked up a 3 iron it was longer than I was tall. Golf is the most rewarding game of all in many, many ways.  Technically and mentally challenging, exciting and humbling. 

Spending time on the fairways with friends of longstanding or meeting new friends on the first tee, it is always a privilege to enjoy our fun on carefully manicured patches of the world we share. 

I'm constantly inspired by fellow golfers, a mate lighting up with joy as they strike a shot solidly, watching the greats battle monstrous challenges but most of all my father constantly looking to improve after 50+ years. 

Golf is a game that teaches us about life and all it's vagaries, mostly it teaches us about ourselves.

Be nice, may all your 3 footers drop!

John

By way of background, I'm Scottish, living in Oxford, England. Trained as a doctor in Glasgow, moved to Oxford for neurosurgery residency. I'm still a neurosurgery resident, and am doing a PhD at the University of Oxford studying the effects of deep brain stimulation. I am also a medical officer in the British Army, and serve with the airborne doctors - I have recently jumped with the US airborne, the Dutch paratroopers, and the German Fallschirmjager.

I started playing golf as a child in  Scotland (dad was a good golfer, much better than I'm likely to ever be), but that took a bit of a back seat during studies. Took up golf again when I moved down to Oxford for residency, and now play much more whilst doing my PhD - playing with the University team.

Joined MGS to keep up to date with recent developments in the equipment market, and very much appreciate unbiased reviews, with a reasonably scientific method!

Driver: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Proto X 9° - Graphite Design Tour AD TP 6S

Fairways: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg0341X Gen 2 13° - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6S; 0341X Gen 2 15° - VA Drago 65 S

1&2 iron: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg 0311X - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 95 X (1) S (2)

Hybrid: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg 0317X Gen 2 19° - Accra Tour Z Xtreme Hybrid M4

Irons:  th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg 0311X Gen 1 4; 0311T Gen 2 4-PW - Oban CT115 S

Wedges:th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Sugar Daddy Gen 2 - 50°, 54°, 58°- Oban CT 115 S; KBS Hi-rev 2.0

Putter:  1500419358_LABlogo-horizontal-black.png.141fcb5fd7603f7f248f3821f51a6797.png  Directed Force 2.1 35" with lagp.png.7ad0cf3ac148827f3723a9f69a948244.png 135 shaft

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 Pix

On 11/27/2019 at 10:11 PM, TCT Golf said:

Love this. Now that the British 16 Air Assault are closely aligned with you guys, hopefully get to catch up if I ever make it over to Ft Bragg!

Driver: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Proto X 9° - Graphite Design Tour AD TP 6S

Fairways: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg0341X Gen 2 13° - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6S; 0341X Gen 2 15° - VA Drago 65 S

1&2 iron: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg 0311X - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 95 X (1) S (2)

Hybrid: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg 0317X Gen 2 19° - Accra Tour Z Xtreme Hybrid M4

Irons:  th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg 0311X Gen 1 4; 0311T Gen 2 4-PW - Oban CT115 S

Wedges:th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Sugar Daddy Gen 2 - 50°, 54°, 58°- Oban CT 115 S; KBS Hi-rev 2.0

Putter:  1500419358_LABlogo-horizontal-black.png.141fcb5fd7603f7f248f3821f51a6797.png  Directed Force 2.1 35" with lagp.png.7ad0cf3ac148827f3723a9f69a948244.png 135 shaft

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 Pix

ChasingScratch

MyGolfSpy Feature

I wasn’t supposed to fall in love with golf.  Growing up in a low-income family, I played the “free sports” and was perfectly content with them.  Basketball and track were my favorites.  My father owned his own custodial company and I cleaned carpets, floors, and toilets at the school I went to after practice was over.  It was just part of it. 

It wasn’t until my junior year of high school that one of my best friends told me (yes told me) that we were going to play on the golf team.  “We don’t play golf” was my response.  He said, “Dude, they get out of school all day on Monday to play tournaments!”  I was intrigued.  Don’t get me wrong, I was a huge Tiger fan (who wasn’t enthralled every time he holed a clutch putt or hit a hero shot) during high school.  Golf was just never on my radar.  It wasn't something that my dad got me in to.  We just didn't have the time or money for it.  Most weekends were spend doing extra jobs or cleaning banks and other office buildings. 

Being the perfectionist that I am, I fell in love with the game.  Even though I was using a set of Spalding blade irons and persimmon woods (my dad had a set from the 70s that he used maybe a few times before he had kids), I couldn’t get enough of the pursuit of the feeling of the ‘pure’ shot.  One of my best friend’s fathers (a Black male) heard that I was playing and offered to take me out and show me the ropes.  He taught me what an “open stance” was, and to play for bogey (rather than par) starting out.  That more achievable goal of bogey helped my perfectionist and athletic mindset to not get frustrated early on.  He also gave me one of wisest and most insightful pieces of advice that I still live by to this day.  It was the first time I played with him and I had just had a really bad streak of holes.  I was looking at the scorecard and getting down on myself.  He asked why I was down.  I said, "I'm not playing well.  The scorecard says good is par, and par is 3, 4, or 5.  I haven't had anything less than a 6."  He responded with, ""Tony, how are you going to let a piece of paper determine success in your life?  You've got to decide for yourself what success means to you.  Starting out it might be bogey, and later on it might be par, but don't ever let someone else tell you what success means to you."  I shared that story at his funeral and people told me how much it impacted them.

By senior year I was shooting in the 80s and even contributed a score once or twice in the team tournaments.  Fast forward to college and I was fortunate to be able to work at the campus course and play and practice all I wanted for free.  I got down to a low 70s golfer pretty consistently.

As I entered graduate school, I had to decide upon a Masters thesis to research.  I reflected back upon both my youth (my friend’s dad teaching me the game) and my own heritage (my mother is Mexican-American), and it was apparent to me that not many people of color were present on the course, either as golfers or pro shop workers.  I can remember only Black male golfer that was a member at the course I worked at (we did have a large South Korean golfer community though).  I decided to investigate if there was any merit to the stereotype of golf being a “rich old White man’s sport.”  The game had given me so much, it seemed crazy that everyone wasn't enjoying all it had to offer.  Come to find out, though my Masters thesis and others' research conducted on the topic of social identity and sport, I did find that golf is considered a “White” sport.  It seemed as though the Tiger era did not have as much of an impact as we might have thought on bringing in a more diverse golfing population to the links.

For my PhD, and among other studies I did examining the experiences of Black golfers pursuing professional golf careers, I studied a grassroots golf program funded by and run for women of color.  It was a fascinating experience.  I learned so much about how minorities feel about the game and the barriers to entry and inclusion that many do not even consider.

I got involved with MGS through one of their open calls for member testing.  I was lucky to be chosen to review the Srixon Z-Star balls earlier this year and am currently reviewing the Cleveland Frontline Elevado Slant Neck putter.  I really appreciate the focus on data-driven reviews (both the member forum and official business-side).  Given my research background, it is something that I truly admire.  No marketing hype, no BS, just the facts.  I hope to continue on with the forum and I even applied for the Staff Writer position that MGS posted almost a month ago (wink wink).

In sum, the game of golf has given me so much and I just want everyone to at least give it a chance.  I am a better husband, father, and overall human being when I get to play at least a few times a month.  Golf is my escape from the grind of everyday life.  It allows me to stay competitive as I get older, and gives me a never-ending chase (hence the username).  I've met so many wonderful people while on the course and I look forward to many more years of chasing this silly little ball around the greens.  Cheers and happy golfing to all.

I know this was well over 200 words, but it is hard for a writer to tell of his/her experience without some elaboration. 😉

Tony aka ChasingScratch

Edited by ChasingScratch

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

I once was a man from Nantucket...😂😂 just kidding- good stuff folks!

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

MGS thank you again for being the leader in golf information!  My name is Josh Anderson and I have been a member on this forum since 2014.  I am an avid member as well as an avid golfer.  I try to play in as many events every summer as my schedule will let.  Last year I tracked those events here on MGS and loved doing so.  In 2020 I am looking to have even more fun doing that again and I have some very fun things planned for golf in my area of central Illinois.  

I grew up playing golf in western Pennsylvania and was lucky enough to play at the D-1 level in college.  I had a very good college career at St. Bonaventure University and now I am still trying to compete with college kids on a weekly basis in the summer.  I currently have a +2.1 handicap and I am looking forward to pushing that lower in 2020.  

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

My older brother got me a set of clubs.  I think he thought it was a way for us to connect.  It worked.  I took lessons, joined a men’s club and built a SkyTrak system in my garage.  I am 61 and have been playing four years.  I have brought my handicap down from 32 to 18 – And it’s still dropping!  And now I can beat my brother.

As for MYGOLFSPY, I have a background in statistics and quality control.  So I clearly get what you are doing.  As a matter of fact, I cannot believe the “find it/cut it” movement didn’t start decades ago.  It’s shocking!  In the meantime, you have helped me get the best out of my game: Ping G410 driver, EVNROLL putter, Bridgestone balls, and FJ shoes.  As a gear-head, I can’t wait for every article and podcast to come out. 

I am a fish biologist during the week and golf nut on weekends (and sometimes on weekdays too).  The attached pic shows me at work, at play, and one of my co-workers who reminds me of someone else we know – He even talks like Tony too!  

My story in three pictures…

4B1E2F8B-1A5C-4B6F-BC5A-D988DDBA8946.jpeg

DF29E935-6283-4B75-B3D2-0F87E7F2534D.jpeg

4C853459-753D-49A1-B614-4923CDC487AD.jpeg

Edited by upacreekk
Improve readability

Have been playing since I was 7 years old and have been into equipment since I was 7.5 years old since I came from a family of equipment nuts.  My uncle and grandfather had made clubs my whole life, (grandfather built a set of one length irons in 1994) so I followed suit. 

I've been avidly into equipment since 7.5, golf swing theory since 21, and after the last career change I travel for work and that's allowed me to take up golf course design and reviews. 

I've always been an early adapter, and tough critic.  I've usually been the first in my circles to adopt 460cc heads, graphite shafts in woods, soft spikes, GPS, hybrids, graphite shafts in irons, and custom fitting.  Recent examples - this year I tried 5 balls from your golf ball test, noting both on-course and launch monitor (SC200) results to decide on the BX for bermuda, and TP5X for bent grass.  Until 3 months ago I played a custom set of fitted single length irons the year Cobra offered them, with 4-7 at 7i length, 8-LW at std length.  Ran 5 shafts through my F9 before settling on the Evenflow Blue as the best balance of distance/control.

You see the trend!

I enjoy marrying data and strategy together and providing thorough reviews for others to use in their own considerations.  

What I hope makes me interesting, and worthy of consideration for featuring, is that golf has become a central part of my identity to me and others.  Taking a trip and need course suggestions?  Need new irons?  Considering a switch to a "Classic" swing from a center-pivot swing and curious what that entails or what you should read?  My circle of friends and family come to me, and I'm proud of that.  

Check out my recent course reviews and I think you can get a good sense of me:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/pga-west-la-quinta-10?hrid=jnPfhKwcbBO9FDvQfgsb8Q&utm_campaign=www_review_share_popup&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=(direct)

https://www.yelp.com/biz/rams-hill-golf-club-borrego-springs?hrid=j3g06l23jf6d0PHzCNL4Sw&utm_campaign=www_review_share_popup&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=(direct)

Driver:  Cobra F9, Project-X Evenflow Blue XS

3-Wood:  Cobra F7, Fuji Speeder Pro 73

Hybrid:  Cobra F7, Fuji Speeder Pro 73

Irons:  Ping I210, Project-X LZ 6.0

Wedges:  Ping Glide 2.0, AWT 2.0

Ball:  Bridgestone BX, or TM TP5X, course dependent

Fortune 70-year old golfer to have some unique highlights and goal posts. Received first club at age 5 (Patty Burke #5w w/bamboo shaft & leather grip) and progressed to state of art equipment. Current carry 9.0 handicap (not playing very often) while working as an assistant professional and clubmaker at a local country club. I have had the opportunity to learn more about the game from some of the better names in golf and believe my experience and training allows me to provide other golfers I see with the best knowledge available. Thanks to MySpyGolf I have a backup for information that most would see an anecdotal.

Supporting the Greatest Game Ever... 

DAGolfer @ www.cleekgeekgolf.com

In 1995 to 1997, I was drawn to the game because Tiger's rise, friends invitations to play, and a job where fellow employees played regularly on Monday mornings.  Fortunately, many of my friends were accomplished golfers (former collegiate golfer and PGA club professionals), so they guided me how to use my athletic background to build some golf specific skills.  In 2001, my friends managing a new golf club offered me a job when I was between jobs, and the opportunity lead to future positions in management, coaching, and club-fitting.  I became interested in the details of the golf industry, so I sought out strong sources of information that were not skewed by marketing:  Tom Wishon (was the first resource for understanding), golf forums (posts by industry insiders, competitors, coaches, club-fitters, craftsman...), and MyGolfSpy for the scientific approach to product reviews. 

“Think well of all, be patient with all, and try to find the good in all.”-- Muhammad Ali

⛳ WITB 2024 Edition

• Woods: :cobra-small: LTDx [10.5*, :kbs: TD LE 60; :cobra-small: RadSpeed Tour [17.5*], :kbs: TD Gloss 70;
  • Hybrid: :cobra-small: King Tec 2019 [21*], :kbs: TD LE 60; :mizuno-small: Pro Fli Hi [4ui], :aerotech: Steelfiber HLS880;
  • Irons & Wedges: :KZG: CB-1 [5i - 9i], NovaTech BTR Lite; Wedges: S23, 610;
  • Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville One, One Step, Max;
  • Ball: :bridgestone-small: XS [22];
  • Notables: Best Grips MicroPerf; -Vessel Tour stand bag; Pro LX+ with H4; 3.5+ with Alphard Club Booster V2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Really enjoy the site.  Well, I'm 64 and live in MA, and if possible, try to play golf throughout the year, weather permitting.  I'm a golf nut, play every Saturday at a local public course, as well as New England PGA hosted tournaments for amateurs during the normal (April - October golf season).  Also looking forward to marshalling at the US Senior Open in Newport, RI.  I'm a golf demo day rat and hit everything under the sun when the road show comes our way.  Really like golf aides such as watch GPS and Laser rangefinders, and I work out year round to stay in golf shape.  Thank you, Mark Woods

Driver - Titleist 913D3 8.75 loft,

3-wood Ping G30, 

5 wood Cobra baffler,

hybrid Callaway X2hot 22,

Mizuno MP-H5 4 iron, Mizuno JPX900 tour 5-PW KBS tour 120 stiff,

Wedges - Cleveland RTX 588 54, Cobra  58 Versatile,

Putter - Taylormade Monte Carlo OS CB.