johnw

Putting grips on with air

Our Sponsors

On 1/29/2020 at 12:48 PM, mooremikea said:

I put all of my grips on using air.  Putting some grip solvent in the end right before install really helps.  It gives you a little bit of time after the grip is on to do some small adjustments to alignment.  The downside is you can't play with the club right away.  

I use charcoal lighter fluid and use just a little bit on the mouth of the grip. Putter grips I put the grip on on the vise and then put it in my jig fixture on the floor and hold it square and adjust if needed. Charcoal lighter fluid is cheap and evaporates fast. I have literally slid a grip on and walked out to the door right then and hit balls into my net

• Like 2

Driver Homna  G1- X Stock Homna Regular shaft

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

20* Hybrid Adams Boxer Ozik Matrix R shaft

24* Hybrid Adams A 10-OS Pro Launch Red R

Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW- Macgregor LRA 56* S-400

Putter 1997 Santa Fe rusty as heck

I have installed Pure and Lamkin grips using air with no problems.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(48*) & SW(54*) Cobra King F8 LW(58*)all wedges have Recoil 460 regular shafts Putter: 33" Bellum-Winmore 707 putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 11:39 AM, BIG STU said:

LOL I can see it now at your house---- Honey can you please re grip my driver before Saturday????  

that would probably work except I do the lefty stuff.  A young man newly excepted to a PGM program that we deal with was waiting for me to regrip. She took over and I went into a fitting.

everybody's happy. lol

• Like 1

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg ACCRA tour Z GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - 33" 3 deg loft 70 lie, lrg slight line slightly toe hang

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

I've been using air for about 15 years. With any rubber grip including the lower half of Multi compound I poke 2-3 holes with a small awl and go. Superstrokes have always been a go except the newer ones and the new Winns. If I need help I will spray some denatured alcohol and go quick as it dries pretty fast. I haven't done Winn grips in a long time and did one the other day and whole cover blew off!