Jump to content
GolfSpy MPR

What are you looking for this Black Friday?

Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

Golf-related or not: is there any deal you're hoping to snag this upcoming sale season?

I've been watching deal sites, hoping to get a mid-range espresso machine.

What do you have an eye on?

  • Like 1

:callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero, 10.5°, Project X EvenFlow Blue 65
:taylormade-small: M4 3HL 16.5°, Atmos Red 60
:cobra-small: F6 5-6W, 19.5°, Fujikura Motore 6.3
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 20°, Project X HZRDUS 85 5.5
:ping-small: G700 5–PW, blue dot, Modus3 105
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:cleveland-small: RTX-3 CB 54° and 60°
:odyssey-small: Stroke Lab R Ball, 34"
:srixon-small: Z-Star XV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IF I had the money, it'd be a new TV for the man cave. But I don't and there's really nothing out there that I want to go out and battle the hoards for.

  • Like 2

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
image.png.d3234685680a20916d0e53c90b4ba9b1.png KE4 Tour HDI 4 21°, 23° and 25° UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Other than a good bicycle lock, I'm not looking for anything in particular and certainly nothing that I'm willing to go out into traffic/mob mentality at a store to get!  🙂   

  • Like 3

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

FW: :taylormade-small:M4 - 3HL (16.5 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-W KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 60*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Flicker and Smugmug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For my part: I do all my shopping online 🙂

  • Like 4

:callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero, 10.5°, Project X EvenFlow Blue 65
:taylormade-small: M4 3HL 16.5°, Atmos Red 60
:cobra-small: F6 5-6W, 19.5°, Fujikura Motore 6.3
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 20°, Project X HZRDUS 85 5.5
:ping-small: G700 5–PW, blue dot, Modus3 105
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:cleveland-small: RTX-3 CB 54° and 60°
:odyssey-small: Stroke Lab R Ball, 34"
:srixon-small: Z-Star XV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a big shopper so nothing really on my list. Family hates me because I don’t have a list of things I want for my birthday and Christmas.

  • Like 4

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:   :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  :odyssey-small: Ten S 

 

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking to replace my stand bag that I’ve had for a couple years. So far I’ve found a Titleist bag, the hybrid five, on one of the sites for only $132! I like the new Mizuno six way bag, so waiting for a price confirmation on that one before I purchase the Titleist one.
I just ordered 15 Cabretta leather gloves for $3.96 each on one of the sites. I go through that many every year just because summer is so hot here. I also just grabbed two pair of pants for $50 on Carl’s Golfland site. Great summer work pants!



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  • Like 4

Driver: Honma TR20 460, Fujikura Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: Tour Edge Exotics EX9 Tour 17* (playing at 15*), Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: Callaway X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Dynamic Gold X100 

Irons: Srixon Z585 4/5 iron, Z785 6-PW, Modus 120X

Wedges: Vega VC-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S300

Putter: SeeMore Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Come on guys...suck it up and get out there.  I am going to Walmart to save $15  on Apple Airpods.  Is it worth $15 to go to Walmart on Black Friday?  No!  It is worth $15 to get away from 48 straight hours of in-laws however.

  • Like 7

Wedgie

 

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 3 hybrid

:cleveland-small: - Launcher HB Turbo 4-P

:cleveland-small: -CBX 48*, 52* and 56*

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

:wilson-small: - Duo Professional

Play Right

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

 It is worth $15 to get away from 48 straight hours of in-laws however.

And THAT is why they invented bars!  🙂  

  • Like 7

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

FW: :taylormade-small:M4 - 3HL (16.5 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-W KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 60*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Flicker and Smugmug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny - my youngest son is getting to the age (12) where he starts to question certain things.

We - of course - saw a commercial about black Friday while watching football yesterday and he asked why it's called Black Friday.

Doh!  I was put on the spot....had to scramble so I thought about it for a second.

I told him that before online shopping was a thing people would wait in line until 12:01 am on Friday after Thanksgiving and burst into the store to grab whatever bargains they could find and since it was 12:01 it was dark outside so it was known as 'Black' Friday.  I followed that up with the color 'black' being associated with some other negative terms like mean, aggressive, evil, etc. and described how people would run into Walmart and look for the pallet of the "hottest" toy of the year like Tickle-me-Elmo and sometimes 2 people would grab the last box and it would turn into this giant fist fight.... probably the real reason they call it 'Black' Friday.  (I left out the part where someone would get a black eye; haha)

Said to him that online shopping has pretty much done away with all that garbage for now and only maniacs still go out for stuff.  Ed: no offense to you that partake in the black-Friday festivities...I've seen/heard too many horror stories.

 

As far as what I'm looking for - my oldest (15) wants a "gaming computer".... those aren't cheap, but I'll gladly wait for a deal on Cyber Monday.  I wish I could think of something golf-related but other than golf balls it's tough.... clubs/bag/shoes/apparel - I really can't think of anything.

  • Like 3

StrokerAce
:titelist-small:  TS3 PX EvenFlow T1100 White  
:cobra-small:  King F7 3/4w Fujikara 
:titelist-small:  816 H1 21 Diamana red 
:ping-small:  G410 4-U Project X LZ 6.0
:vokey-small:  SM6 54/58 
:odyssey-small:  Stroke Lab Black Ten S
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro 
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130
:Arccos: Caddie

Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

Come on guys...suck it up and get out there.  I am going to Walmart to save $15  on Apple Airpods.  Is it worth $15 to go to Walmart on Black Friday?  No!  It is worth $15 to get away from 48 straight hours of in-laws however.

Maybe we can all help you out by sending you our shopping lists and PayPal you the money.  

We could keep you out the whole day😎

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

:titelist-small: TS1 10.5 Fubuki 45g Shaft

:taylormade-small: SIM Max 5w 18* Ventus Black 

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7,9 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T300 KBS TGI 80 5 iron thorugh 46 W2

:vokey-small: SM7 50.08, 54.08 and 58.14 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Funny - my youngest son is getting to the age (12) where he starts to question certain things.

We - of course - saw a commercial about black Friday while watching football yesterday and he asked why it's called Black Friday.

Doh!  I was put on the spot....had to scramble so I thought about it for a second.

I told him that before online shopping was a thing people would wait in line until 12:01 am on Friday after Thanksgiving and burst into the store to grab whatever bargains they could find and since it was 12:01 it was dark outside so it was known as 'Black' Friday.  I followed that up with the color 'black' being associated with some other negative terms like mean, aggressive, evil, etc. and described how people would run into Walmart and look for the pallet of the "hottest" toy of the year like Tickle-me-Elmo and sometimes 2 people would grab the last box and it would turn into this giant fist fight.... probably the real reason they call it 'Black' Friday.  (I left out the part where someone would get a black eye; haha)

Said to him that online shopping has pretty much done away with all that garbage for now and only maniacs still go out for stuff.  Ed: no offense to you that partake in the black-Friday festivities...I've seen/heard too many horror stories.

 

As far as what I'm looking for - my oldest (15) wants a "gaming computer".... those aren't cheap, but I'll gladly wait for a deal on Cyber Monday.  I wish I could think of something golf-related but other than golf balls it's tough.... clubs/bag/shoes/apparel - I really can't think of anything.

Black Friday is a term used to describe the first day of the year in which retailers actually turn a profit.  I like your story better though!


Wedgie

 

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 3 hybrid

:cleveland-small: - Launcher HB Turbo 4-P

:cleveland-small: -CBX 48*, 52* and 56*

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

:wilson-small: - Duo Professional

Play Right

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

Black Friday is a term used to describe the first day of the year in which retailers actually turn a profit.  I like your story better though!

Yeah.... I didn't want to get into a discussion about seasonal market demands, profit/loss, price to earnings ratio, consumer spending, GDP and all of that other gobbledygook.... he would have asked.

Interesting backstory here - https://www.thebalance.com/why-is-it-called-black-friday-3305712 - wonder how much is true


Anyhow - not trying to hijack the thread and steer it another direction.
I want a pair of basketball shoes for B.F. - Puma Clyde, Dame 6.

BTW - why am I now getting "get the Black Friday deals BEFORE Black Friday" emails ??? what in the heck is going on in the world.

  • Like 4

StrokerAce
:titelist-small:  TS3 PX EvenFlow T1100 White  
:cobra-small:  King F7 3/4w Fujikara 
:titelist-small:  816 H1 21 Diamana red 
:ping-small:  G410 4-U Project X LZ 6.0
:vokey-small:  SM6 54/58 
:odyssey-small:  Stroke Lab Black Ten S
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro 
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130
:Arccos: Caddie

Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wedgie said:

Now we are talking!  I'll be gone the whole day anyway.  I may even play 18 that day.  What I do is order about 95% of my gifts on-line and have them come to my office.  Then I turn around and tell my family I have to buy for them so I disappear for the day and they don't ask questions because they think I am loading up on gifts for them.   If when I return I am still annoyed I go back out the following day because "I forgot one thing".  I can usually milk this for 2 hours unless I get stuck taking a kid with me then it costs me more money because I actually have to buy something.  

These skills have been honed for 19 years and they travel well if anyone else needs to use this method.

This is pure gold!! 

  • Like 3

:titelist-small: TS1 10.5 Fubuki 45g Shaft

:taylormade-small: SIM Max 5w 18* Ventus Black 

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7,9 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T300 KBS TGI 80 5 iron thorugh 46 W2

:vokey-small: SM7 50.08, 54.08 and 58.14 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wedgie said:

Now we are talking!  I'll be gone the whole day anyway.  I may even play 18 that day.  What I do is order about 95% of my gifts on-line and have them come to my office.  Then I turn around and tell my family I have to buy for them so I disappear for the day and they don't ask questions because they think I am loading up on gifts for them.   If when I return I am still annoyed I go back out the following day because "I forgot one thing".  I can usually milk this for 2 hours unless I get stuck taking a kid with me then it costs me more money because I actually have to buy something.  

These skills have been honed for 19 years and they travel well if anyone else needs to use this method.

This may be the most genius thing I have ever read, not just here, EVER!!

  • Like 4

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 9.5* (Ventus Black 6X) 45"

:taylormade-small:             M5 15* (Ventus Black 7x) 43"

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 18* (Tensei AV Blue 70 X)

:srixon-small:                     Z585 4-5 (KBS C Taper S)

:srixon-small:                     Z785 6-AW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 59 04 L   (KBS 610)

:bettinardi-1:                Studio Stock 28 Slotback 33.5"

:bridgestone-small:       Tour BX

:Arccos:

Twitter         @THEZIPR23

 

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wedgie said:

Now we are talking!  I'll be gone the whole day anyway.  I may even play 18 that day.  What I do is order about 95% of my gifts on-line and have them come to my office.  Then I turn around and tell my family I have to buy for them so I disappear for the day and they don't ask questions because they think I am loading up on gifts for them.   If when I return I am still annoyed I go back out the following day because "I forgot one thing".  I can usually milk this for 2 hours unless I get stuck taking a kid with me then it costs me more money because I actually have to buy something.  

These skills have been honed for 19 years and they travel well if anyone else needs to use this method.

AB9297C3-8B09-48BB-8BD5-E4D5F51BF29F.gif.cd4575a86603c5bf7d5c8720c673cdac.gif

  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

 

👇Follow the link to read the testers thoughts on the Lynx Prowler VT and Blackcat irons!👇

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/32612-2019-official-forum-member-review-lynx-black-cat-and-prowler-vt-irons/#comments

 

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: Cortex 10.5* with Fujikura Atmos Red Tour Spec 6s @ 44.5"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Lynx Prowler VT 4-PW irons with KBS Tour 90 stiff shafts @ -1/4"

Wedge: 2 Off Brand Wedges a 48* for bump and runs & 56* for normal chips and pitches

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5 with a Golf Pride Tour SNSR Contour Pro 104cc @ 33" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really wanted a rolling miter saw stand I can leave the saw attached to and wheel around.  Unfortunately the deal they've had in the past on the Rigid stand at Home Depot doesn't seem to be on for this year.  So of the 4 stands I've been looking at, none seem to be on sale.  No BF shopping for me other than going to Target later in the day to spend $50 so we get the 20% off coupon to use later.

  • Like 4

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Epic SZ w/ VA Composites Raijin 65 04

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :ping-small: 5i-UW G700 w/ X100 soft stepped once

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 & 58 CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decent size battery leaf blower, min 120 mph, 2 batteries.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 3

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking for a cordless hand vacuum. Any recommendations?


Driver: Ping G400 10.5* - stock Alta CB shaft

FW:  Ping G25 7W - Accra RT50 DYMATCH 2.0

Hybrid: Callaway Rogue X 23* - Accra 162H M2

Irons: Callaway Big Bertha 5 - PW - Steelfiber i95

Wedges: Muira 56* K - Steelfiber i110

                Satori 52* - KB Tour

Putter: Ping Ketsch Cadence

Ball: Snell MTB-X

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, johnw said:

Looking for a cordless hand vacuum. Any recommendations?

https://www.newegg.com/p/0JA-000S-00039

  • Like 1

StrokerAce
:titelist-small:  TS3 PX EvenFlow T1100 White  
:cobra-small:  King F7 3/4w Fujikara 
:titelist-small:  816 H1 21 Diamana red 
:ping-small:  G410 4-U Project X LZ 6.0
:vokey-small:  SM6 54/58 
:odyssey-small:  Stroke Lab Black Ten S
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro 
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130
:Arccos: Caddie

Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...