Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

What are you looking for this Black Friday?

GolfSpy MPR

44 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

Very nice.

So, for the first time in a long time I'm looking out for myself on BF.

First and foremost I'm looking into a new phone. I've had my current one sin e Law School and I'm finally looking at upgrading. Still shopping and researching, as this is likely to be the phone I have until 5g networks become more stable.

Two, a new laptop. True facts, my computer Blue Screened itself out of existence almost 6 months ago and I've been waiting for BF to maybe get a new one. Nothing crazy, just decent storage and performance at a good price.

Three, Pillows! Man do I need new pillows and this is the time.

Four, since my girlfriend and I are looking at moving in together next year if there are deals on homeish things we'll take advantage

Lastly, the only thing I'm considering golf wise is a Flat Cat Solution for my potential new putter for 2019. That's it.

Just saw you are from Fulton. I am ten miles away from you. We should play Battle Island some time. 

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

5 minutes ago, joen said:

Wish I would have seen this post a week earlier. My wife and I just sold our 30 piece All Clad set for $500. She got Kitchen Craft because the All Clad stuff was too heavy for her. That All Clad stuff is expensive but it is well made and indestructible. 

Appreciate the offer, but shipping that to Hawaii would probably make it double the price, haha! I just needed two good stainless pans, and maybe buy the saucier from their factory sale if the price drops

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

We sold our house.  We are packing this weekend and moving on Wednesday.  We are leaving our 15 year old gas grill, and our new house doesn't have a bbq, so our gift to ourselves is a REC TEC RT-590 pellet grill and smoker.  REC TEC is having a sale Friday -Monday.  I hope it's on sale, but I'm ordering it anyway.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

6 hours ago, joen said:

Just saw you are from Fulton. I am ten miles away from you. We should play Battle Island some time. 

Duly noted Joen

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

We sold our house.  We are packing this weekend and moving on Wednesday.  We are leaving our 15 year old gas grill, and our new house doesn't have a bbq, so our gift to ourselves is a REC TEC RT-590 pellet grill and smoker.  REC TEC is having a sale Friday -Monday.  I hope it's on sale, but I'm ordering it anyway.

Before you pull the trigger mate, check out Grilla Grills Silverback. A bit less expensive bit, IMO, a better unit and their customer service can't be beaten.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Since we're all looking for potential suggestions at this point in time I'd figure I'd throw this one out there, anyone have every experience with the OnePlus phone brand at all?

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

SIK Golf Flo-C

17 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

Since we're all looking for potential suggestions at this point in time I'd figure I'd throw this one out there, anyone have every experience with the OnePlus phone brand at all?

My buddy swears by that brand.  I would get it, but the camera just isn't as good as the Pixel camera so it is hard for me to switch since that is the most important phone feature to me

3 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

OnePlus makes great phones for what they are. Feature rich without a lot of bogus things that the big boys tell you you need. The only thing I don't like about the OnePlus 7 is the retractable selfie cam. I don't take selfies much if at all, but I hate motorized components because they usually break. If I didn't own a Pixel, I would have a OnePlus. I like snappy, minimalistic Android flavors and for me, it doesn't get more lightweight than Pixels UI.

4 hours ago, MattF said:

Before you pull the trigger mate, check out Grilla Grills Silverback. A bit less expensive bit, IMO, a better unit and their customer service can't be beaten.

I like the Grilla.  What is it that you like about it that is better than the Rec Tec?  Both grills are superior to others IMO.  My one negative about the Rec Tec is it doesn't have a hopper dump, but I can live with that.  I will see what the Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals are for both.  Thanks!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

47 minutes ago, yungkory said:

OnePlus makes great phones for what they are. Feature rich without a lot of bogus things that the big boys tell you you need. The only thing I don't like about the OnePlus 7 is the retractable selfie cam. I don't take selfies much if at all, but I hate motorized components because they usually break. If I didn't own a Pixel, I would have a OnePlus. I like snappy, minimalistic Android flavors and for me, it doesn't get more lightweight than Pixels UI.

See, I agree with most of this. The problem is that the OnePlus 7T, which would be the phone I prefer isn't part of their sale, it's just the 7 Pro with the pop-up. And I love the utilitarian Google approach, but Pixel 4 just isn't as spec rich, but Pixel 3 may be in the offering as may 3A. 

I hate Verizon because they have the different network from the rest and it stops me from going with phones i'd be happier with, like Nokia's new midrange and some of the other Chinese "flagship killers". Also, Huawei, but I blame economics and distrust for those not being available and that's all I say on that.

SIK Golf Flo-C

35 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

See, I agree with most of this. The problem is that the OnePlus 7T, which would be the phone I prefer isn't part of their sale, it's just the 7 Pro with the pop-up. And I love the utilitarian Google approach, but Pixel 4 just isn't as spec rich, but Pixel 3 may be in the offering as may 3A. 

I hate Verizon because they have the different network from the rest and it stops me from going with phones i'd be happier with, like Nokia's new midrange and some of the other Chinese "flagship killers". Also, Huawei, but I blame economics and distrust for those not being available and that's all I say on that.

Yeah the 7T Pro isn't available in the US, but it's basically the same phone as the "regular" 7 Pro. The Pixel 4 was a fail, Google needs to step their shxt up. The Nexus 6p was probably my favorite phone I ever bought, which I think was made by Huawei, but yeah they're donezo now. I think you'll be really happy with a Pixel 3/A or a 7 Pro!

You may want to consider a Traeger pellet grill also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PXG 0211 12° driver w/Project X Cypher R flex  shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 16° 4 wood w/Kuro Kage Black 60g shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC HyWay 21° utilitywood w/Maltby MPF shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 22° 4 hybrid w/UST Proforce V2 Black shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 25° 5 hybrid w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue shaft

Lazrus 27° 6 hybrid w/Lazrus  graphite shaft
PXG 0211DC irons 7-PW w/Project X Cypher graphite shafts

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50° wedge

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg M-Series+ 56° wedge w/UST Recoil 660 graphite shaft
:wilson_staff_small: Infinite Bean putter

2 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

Also, Huawei, but I blame economics and distrust for those not being available and that's all I say on that.

Ever since my first smart phone, I was a Samsung homer, starting with the Galaxy S Captive, then S3, and S5. Until knox became a thing, the first thing I always did was root the phone and install custom ROMs and I would always pick ROMs that were more minimalist in nature (pure Android) and allow me to remove all the crap AT&T installed and do real ad blocking. Once knox hit, and I broke the screen on my S5, I started researching alternative brands. At the time, Best Buy was selling Huawei phones for very cheap because they were trying to grab some market share in the US - I got a lot of bang for the buck in terms of specs and it wasn't even the top of the line Huawei. Now I have an S9+ but still use the Huawei as may Arccos device because it has phenomenal battery life, even with the screen full bright to see on the golf course without reading glasses. I'm sure there are plenty of good Chinese brands, but as you stated....

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

39 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

Ever since my first smart phone, I was a Samsung homer, starting with the Galaxy S Captive, then S3, and S5. Until knox became a thing, the first thing I always did was root the phone and install custom ROMs and I would always pick ROMs that were more minimalist in nature (pure Android) and allow me to remove all the crap AT&T installed and do real ad blocking. Once knox hit, and I broke the screen on my S5, I started researching alternative brands. At the time, Best Buy was selling Huawei phones for very cheap because they were trying to grab some market share in the US - I got a lot of bang for the buck in terms of specs and it wasn't even the top of the line Huawei. Now I have an S9+ but still use the Huawei as may Arccos device because it has phenomenal battery life, even with the screen full bright to see on the golf course without reading glasses. I'm sure there are plenty of good Chinese brands, but as you stated....

The other issue is the GSM type of phones that work on AT&T and T-Mobile and due to where I live being wed to Verizon and it's more limiting CDMA. Note 10 or Pixel 3A might be in the offing, I'm a one hander on the phone. I'll let you all know.

SIK Golf Flo-C

Not really looking for anything but I think I will buy 2 dozen Snell balls to try. Ifzi dont like I will throw them on CL. Used Callaway has a decent sale coming out so I might buy a used 60 degree low bounce wedge to experiment with. 

A local golf shop has a special event next week with some deals so making the 50 minute drive to check it out. I will also hit the MP 20s and 919 tours while Im there so maybe new irons? Actually trying to get some pounds of me so that will be my reward when I make that goal.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

19 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I like the Grilla.  What is it that you like about it that is better than the Rec Tec?  Both grills are superior to others IMO.  My one negative about the Rec Tec is it doesn't have a hopper dump, but I can live with that.  I will see what the Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals are for both.  Thanks!!

I like the hopper dump, as you mentioned. It's double wall construction, so cold outside temperatures don't bother it, plus their Alpha Smoke setting is very good at getting more smoke flavour. Also, their warranty is 4 years vs 2 year with the Rec-Tec.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I just want to get over this “bug”....my wife got it two weeks ago, now she is finally better but I have it. Every muscle in my body hurts.So, for the first time some 1996, Thanksgiving will not be held at our house.....UGH!

So Happy Thanksgiving to all. Enjoy time with your families.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I wanted to get an electric pushcart for my wife, none of them were on sale... the models we were checking were all around $2000.

Got 12 bottles of wine, a couple of bottles of Hendrick's gin, a bottle of Courvoisier XO, 3 bottles of 

Botucal Reserva Exclusiva Rum (this rum is the best I've tried, I even like it more than Zapaca) and 2 bottles of Jose Cuerco 1800.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I just want to get over this “bug”....my wife got it two weeks ago, now she is finally better but I have it. Every muscle in my body hurts.So, for the first time some 1996, Thanksgiving will not be held at our house.....UGH!

Foz feel better quick

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Get well Boss

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I like the hopper dump, as you mentioned. It's double wall construction, so cold outside temperatures don't bother it, plus their Alpha Smoke setting is very good at getting more smoke flavour. Also, their warranty is 4 years vs 2 year with the Rec-Tec.

The Rec Tec is 4 years now. The double wall is nice, but it’s not as cold here as Ohio. Can’t go wrong with either one really. Better than the Traeger for sure! The Silverbac is not that much difference in price than the Rec Tec if you go with the Alpha. I will see what deals are available tomorrow.

Are you looking for a smaller hand vacuum for quick little jobs?  Or a full stick vacuum for doing floors plus other things?
For a stick vacuum Dyson and Shark both have good ones.  I've seen deals on the DC10 and DC11 Dysons and a couple of sharks.  There is a new brand through Amazon getting some good reviews too, check out Tineco.
For a smaller true hand held vacuum...Do you currently have a battery power tool brand you use?  (i.e. Ryobi, Rigid, Dewalt, Milwaukee etc...)  I have a small hand held vacuum that just uses my tools batteries that I use a lot for smaller stuff in the garage.

SWMBO picked up a Dyson couple years ago best vacuum we have ever owned, that 52 years of vacuums.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I bought the EGO POWER+ 480 CFM Blower and I love it. https://egopowerplus.com/blower-480cfm/ It’s their smallest blower, they make several larger ones. I also bought a 5.0Ah battery and skipped the smaller ones, it lasts at least 45 minutes.

I also bought an EGO weedwacker, edger and hedge trimmer. Easily the best yard tools I’ve ever owned.

With the 5.0Ah battery I can weedwack, edge and blow with one battery and have lots of power left over.

There’s isn’t a big enough blower on sale in any of the Black Friday sales that I’m interested in.

I have an orthopedic doc appt next week across the street from Home Depot maybe I can get lucky with a Ryobi product that’ll do what I’m looking for.

All my flower, tree and bush beds are granite rock and I like to keep them clean as possible without the dead leaves. The 90 mph machine we have doesn’t have enough velocity.

Rick

Left Hand, 

There’s isn’t a big enough blower on sale in any of the Black Friday sales that I’m interested in.
I have an orthopedic doc appt next week across the street from Home Depot maybe I can get lucky with a Ryobi product that’ll do what I’m looking for.
All my flower, tree and bush beds are granite rock and I like to keep them clean as possible without the dead leaves. The 90 mph machine we have doesn’t have enough velocity.

Rick, I just bought a Ryobi Jetfan a few weeks ago at Home Depot. It's a hand held blower very powerful (160 mph) for $129. Our house is surrounded by about 20+ mature trees and this takes care of all the leaves. I highly recommend it.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I will be looking for rain gear for my wife tomorrow. She prefers the looks of the FJ. hopefully they're on sale.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Rick, I just bought a Ryobi Jetfan a few weeks ago at Home Depot. It's a hand held blower very powerful (160 mph) for $129. Our house is surrounded by about 20+ mature trees and this takes care of all the leaves. I highly recommend it.

That’s exactly what I’m looking for! I like the Ryobi products & customer service. I have 3 other lawn products and batteries so it will work well.

Rick

Left Hand, 

10 hours ago, Rickp said:

That’s exactly what I’m looking for! I like the Ryobi products & customer service. I have 3 other lawn products and batteries so it will work well.

Whoops - mine is gas powered not battery - but I do think they have a battery one - not sure how powerful or cost. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Whoops - mine is gas powered not battery - but I do think they have a battery one - not sure how powerful or cost. 

Oops see what I can come up with.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Good news update, HomeDepot came through and did end up offering the Rigid miter saw stand at half price, so picked up one of those.  Then ended up buying a Ryobi battery powered chainsaw for half off, a bucket of bungee cords and a 2pk of angle grinder cut off wheels just because they were a good deal.

From Amazon I got some iTunes gift cards that were 20% off just because it's a deal and we'll end up using them.

Last stop was my course clubhouse.  They have all remaining apparel for employee cost so I ended up with some hats for myself and my two boys, a couple shirts and a FJ short sleeve rain jacket.

Done with black friday and now it's time to pack for a Disney trip tomorrow.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

my wife and i stopped into golfgalaxy today to perhaps look at a birthday present  - she ordered me a 410 26* hybrid with a Tensi shaft. Can't wait for spring to try it out. I have it's brother a 22* with the same shaft and love it. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart