GolfSpy MPR

What are you looking for this Black Friday?

Our Sponsors

35 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

See, I agree with most of this. The problem is that the OnePlus 7T, which would be the phone I prefer isn't part of their sale, it's just the 7 Pro with the pop-up. And I love the utilitarian Google approach, but Pixel 4 just isn't as spec rich, but Pixel 3 may be in the offering as may 3A. 

I hate Verizon because they have the different network from the rest and it stops me from going with phones i'd be happier with, like Nokia's new midrange and some of the other Chinese "flagship killers". Also, Huawei, but I blame economics and distrust for those not being available and that's all I say on that.

Yeah the 7T Pro isn't available in the US, but it's basically the same phone as the "regular" 7 Pro. The Pixel 4 was a fail, Google needs to step their shxt up. The Nexus 6p was probably my favorite phone I ever bought, which I think was made by Huawei, but yeah they're donezo now. I think you'll be really happy with a Pixel 3/A or a 7 Pro!

• Like 2

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 60.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Before you pull the trigger mate, check out Grilla Grills Silverback. A bit less expensive bit, IMO, a better unit and their customer service can't be beaten.

You may want to consider a Traeger pellet grill also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PXG Gen1 0811X 12° driver w/Project X Evenflow Blue 55g shaft
Maltby KE4 TC 16° 4 wood w/Kuro Kage Black 60g shaft
Maltby KE4 TC 19° 3 hybrid w/UST Proforce V2 Black shaft
Gigagolf Reva 22° 4 hybrid w/UST Competition Series graphite shafts
Tour Edge HL4 5-6 Ironwood w/UST for TE graphite shafts
Maltby KE4 Tour+ irons 7-GW w/UST Competition Series graphite shafts
Gigagolf S2 52° and 56° wedges w/UST for Gigagolf graphite shafts
Tommy Armour Impact #3 putter

2 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

Also, Huawei, but I blame economics and distrust for those not being available and that's all I say on that.

Ever since my first smart phone, I was a Samsung homer, starting with the Galaxy S Captive, then S3, and S5. Until knox became a thing, the first thing I always did was root the phone and install custom ROMs and I would always pick ROMs that were more minimalist in nature (pure Android) and allow me to remove all the crap AT&T installed and do real ad blocking. Once knox hit, and I broke the screen on my S5, I started researching alternative brands. At the time, Best Buy was selling Huawei phones for very cheap because they were trying to grab some market share in the US - I got a lot of bang for the buck in terms of specs and it wasn't even the top of the line Huawei. Now I have an S9+ but still use the Huawei as may Arccos device because it has phenomenal battery life, even with the screen full bright to see on the golf course without reading glasses. I'm sure there are plenty of good Chinese brands, but as you stated....

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

39 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

Ever since my first smart phone, I was a Samsung homer, starting with the Galaxy S Captive, then S3, and S5. Until knox became a thing, the first thing I always did was root the phone and install custom ROMs and I would always pick ROMs that were more minimalist in nature (pure Android) and allow me to remove all the crap AT&T installed and do real ad blocking. Once knox hit, and I broke the screen on my S5, I started researching alternative brands. At the time, Best Buy was selling Huawei phones for very cheap because they were trying to grab some market share in the US - I got a lot of bang for the buck in terms of specs and it wasn't even the top of the line Huawei. Now I have an S9+ but still use the Huawei as may Arccos device because it has phenomenal battery life, even with the screen full bright to see on the golf course without reading glasses. I'm sure there are plenty of good Chinese brands, but as you stated....

The other issue is the GSM type of phones that work on AT&T and T-Mobile and due to where I live being wed to Verizon and it's more limiting CDMA. Note 10 or Pixel 3A might be in the offing, I'm a one hander on the phone. I'll let you all know.

• Like 1

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:755178188_TourEdge:  CB4 Tour 16.5*, Aldila RIP 70-S

:cobra-small: F7 ONE 5-S, UST Recoil 680 F4 in 5 iron, KBS Tour R+ in rest

:cobra-small: KING ONE 60*, KBS Tour FLT 

:nickent-small: Pipe

:srixon-small: Q-Star Tour... For now

:CaddyTek: Caddylite 15.3 V1

Go Orange!

Not really looking for anything but I think I will buy 2 dozen Snell balls to try. Ifzi dont like I will throw them on CL. Used Callaway has a decent sale coming out so I might buy a used 60 degree low bounce wedge to experiment with. 

A local golf shop has a special event next week with some deals so making the 50 minute drive to check it out. I will also hit the MP 20s and 919 tours while Im there so maybe new irons? Actually trying to get some pounds of me so that will be my reward when I make that goal.

• Like 2

DRIVER: Titleist 905R S 10.5

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha XS

Irons- Titleist 716 AP1 S 1/2 over 2 degrees upright

Vokey SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

19 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I like the Grilla.  What is it that you like about it that is better than the Rec Tec?  Both grills are superior to others IMO.  My one negative about the Rec Tec is it doesn't have a hopper dump, but I can live with that.  I will see what the Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals are for both.  Thanks!!

I like the hopper dump, as you mentioned. It's double wall construction, so cold outside temperatures don't bother it, plus their Alpha Smoke setting is very good at getting more smoke flavour. Also, their warranty is 4 years vs 2 year with the Rec-Tec.

• Like 1

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

image.png

I just want to get over this “bug”....my wife got it two weeks ago, now she is finally better but I have it. Every muscle in my body hurts.So, for the first time some 1996, Thanksgiving will not be held at our house.....UGH!

So Happy Thanksgiving to all. Enjoy time with your families.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Driver: Cobra King F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Cobra King F8 GW(50*) SW(54*) LW(58*) Putter: 33" Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 mallet putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

I wanted to get an electric pushcart for my wife, none of them were on sale... the models we were checking were all around $2000.

Got 12 bottles of wine, a couple of bottles of Hendrick's gin, a bottle of Courvoisier XO, 3 bottles of 

Botucal Reserva Exclusiva Rum (this rum is the best I've tried, I even like it more than Zapaca) and 2 bottles of Jose Cuerco 1800.

• Like 3

:callaway-small: GBB Epic 9* w/ Aldila Rogue MAX 65 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black S 80
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // ShotScope V1 // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I just want to get over this “bug”....my wife got it two weeks ago, now she is finally better but I have it. Every muscle in my body hurts.So, for the first time some 1996, Thanksgiving will not be held at our house.....UGH!

Foz feel better quick

• Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

Get well Boss

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I like the hopper dump, as you mentioned. It's double wall construction, so cold outside temperatures don't bother it, plus their Alpha Smoke setting is very good at getting more smoke flavour. Also, their warranty is 4 years vs 2 year with the Rec-Tec.

The Rec Tec is 4 years now. The double wall is nice, but it’s not as cold here as Ohio. Can’t go wrong with either one really. Better than the Traeger for sure! The Silverbac is not that much difference in price than the Rec Tec if you go with the Alpha. I will see what deals are available tomorrow.

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Are you looking for a smaller hand vacuum for quick little jobs?  Or a full stick vacuum for doing floors plus other things?
For a stick vacuum Dyson and Shark both have good ones.  I've seen deals on the DC10 and DC11 Dysons and a couple of sharks.  There is a new brand through Amazon getting some good reviews too, check out Tineco.
For a smaller true hand held vacuum...Do you currently have a battery power tool brand you use?  (i.e. Ryobi, Rigid, Dewalt, Milwaukee etc...)  I have a small hand held vacuum that just uses my tools batteries that I use a lot for smaller stuff in the garage.

SWMBO picked up a Dyson couple years ago best vacuum we have ever owned, that 52 years of vacuums.

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

I bought the EGO POWER+ 480 CFM Blower and I love it. https://egopowerplus.com/blower-480cfm/ It’s their smallest blower, they make several larger ones. I also bought a 5.0Ah battery and skipped the smaller ones, it lasts at least 45 minutes.

I also bought an EGO weedwacker, edger and hedge trimmer. Easily the best yard tools I’ve ever owned.

With the 5.0Ah battery I can weedwack, edge and blow with one battery and have lots of power left over.

There’s isn’t a big enough blower on sale in any of the Black Friday sales that I’m interested in.

I have an orthopedic doc appt next week across the street from Home Depot maybe I can get lucky with a Ryobi product that’ll do what I’m looking for.

All my flower, tree and bush beds are granite rock and I like to keep them clean as possible without the dead leaves. The 90 mph machine we have doesn’t have enough velocity.

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

There’s isn’t a big enough blower on sale in any of the Black Friday sales that I’m interested in.
I have an orthopedic doc appt next week across the street from Home Depot maybe I can get lucky with a Ryobi product that’ll do what I’m looking for.
All my flower, tree and bush beds are granite rock and I like to keep them clean as possible without the dead leaves. The 90 mph machine we have doesn’t have enough velocity.

Rick, I just bought a Ryobi Jetfan a few weeks ago at Home Depot. It's a hand held blower very powerful (160 mph) for $129. Our house is surrounded by about 20+ mature trees and this takes care of all the leaves. I highly recommend it.

• Like 2

Left Hand orientation

I will be looking for rain gear for my wife tomorrow. She prefers the looks of the FJ. hopefully they're on sale.

Left Hand orientation

Rick, I just bought a Ryobi Jetfan a few weeks ago at Home Depot. It's a hand held blower very powerful (160 mph) for $129. Our house is surrounded by about 20+ mature trees and this takes care of all the leaves. I highly recommend it.

That’s exactly what I’m looking for! I like the Ryobi products & customer service. I have 3 other lawn products and batteries so it will work well.

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

10 hours ago, Rickp said:

That’s exactly what I’m looking for! I like the Ryobi products & customer service. I have 3 other lawn products and batteries so it will work well.

Whoops - mine is gas powered not battery - but I do think they have a battery one - not sure how powerful or cost. 

• Like 2

Left Hand orientation

Whoops - mine is gas powered not battery - but I do think they have a battery one - not sure how powerful or cost. 

Oops see what I can come up with.

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Good news update, HomeDepot came through and did end up offering the Rigid miter saw stand at half price, so picked up one of those.  Then ended up buying a Ryobi battery powered chainsaw for half off, a bucket of bungee cords and a 2pk of angle grinder cut off wheels just because they were a good deal.

From Amazon I got some iTunes gift cards that were 20% off just because it's a deal and we'll end up using them.

Last stop was my course clubhouse.  They have all remaining apparel for employee cost so I ended up with some hats for myself and my two boys, a couple shirts and a FJ short sleeve rain jacket.

Done with black friday and now it's time to pack for a Disney trip tomorrow.

• Like 6

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Epic SZ w/ VA Composites Raijin 65 04

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :ping-small: 5i-UW G700 w/ X100 soft stepped once

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 & 58 CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

my wife and i stopped into golfgalaxy today to perhaps look at a birthday present  - she ordered me a 410 26* hybrid with a Tensi shaft. Can't wait for spring to try it out. I have it's brother a 22* with the same shaft and love it. 

• Like 5

Left Hand orientation