Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Dave's Take: The YETI LoadOut GoBox 30

GolfSpy Dave

• SPY VIP

Dave’s Take: Yeti LoadOut GoBox 30

YETI Hopper GoBox - 2.jpg

Having your gear accessible and protected is non-negotiable for almost any pursuit – and yet typical gear cases aren’t built to stand up to the demands of the outdoors, and lack organizational capabilities. Built to be nearly indestructible, the LoadOut GoBox™ can endure seasons in the sun, negative temps in the field, and the daily abuse of being lugged in and out of the truck, the boat, and the blind.

Organization’s Final Boss

Is a final boss battle even a thing in video games anymore? It seems like most current games are geared toward continuous farming, and/or in-game purchases. I totally get this from a want-to-get-paid point of view, but I pity the modern gamer, myself included, who will never get the satisfaction of watching that impossible final boss finally die. From hitting Bowser with a terminating fireball, to finally punching-out Mike Tyson, nothing satisfies like finally finishing off the last big bad guy.

I’ve always held the belief that video games are great problem-solving training tools. Again, not necessarily the games where you just log in and collect resources, but the games where you are presented with real puzzles that one can only figure out with experience and the right tools. Under that lens, golf represents a very similar challenge, with success coming from experiences and tools as well. Sadly, the hours spent playing Tiger Woods Golf did not help me swing like him…

If you are anything like me, you probably have a ton of golf gear in your garage. Lots of balls, tees, gloves, towels (oh the acres of towels), training aides, ball markers, souvenirs, and other random golf items that seemed must-haves at the time of their purchase.

In total, I think that maybe 1% of all of my golf garage stuff ever sees the course. If we are talking garage putters, that percentage may be a little high. Hi, my name is Dave and I have a putter problem.Regardless, we have all experienced the frustration when the one thing that we needed was left behind in the garage, forcing us to play without warm hands, open bottles, dry socks, or shoes with spikes. We have lots of gear, but still occasionally lack the gear that we need.

Today, I present you with something that could fix that issue: The Yeti LoadOut GoBox 30. It may not have been designed with golfers in mind, but I think that golfers will definitely find it useful.

Finding Closure in a Container

YETI Hopper GoBox - 3.jpg

I’ve put numerous Yeti products through the paces over the years, but I think that the LoadOut GoBox 30 may be the first one that is not a cooler, or any kind of drinking thing at all. It’s a bit strange to have deviated from my for the 19thHolefocus, but when I saw this thing on the Yeti site, I knew that it was something that could be perfect for golfers looking to organize their gear.

Sure, perhaps golfers don’t hit the rugged outdoors demographic that the GoBox is marketed for, but we have lots of gear too, and it can get just as disorganized as anyone else’s gear, and that can make our golfing experience less awesome. The usage connection is not that tenuous.

At its essence, the Yeti LoadOut GoBox is a box to store your gear in, but I actually think that it is the box to store your gear in. The final boss of boxes. You’ve made it past Goro, it’s time for Shang Tsung.

Let’s take a look at the specs on the LoadOut GoBox 30 and see what makes it the ultimate organizational ally.

• DEFENDER MATERIAL: We can’t legally say it’s unbreakable – but this cargo box can withstand serious impact, even in the most extreme conditions.
  • WILDPROOF™ DESIGN: Waterproof and dustproof to keep gear inside protected from unwanted wilderness.
  • 100% WATERPROOF: Gasket, latches, and vent work together to ensure the gear inside stays dry.
  • STACKABLE: Nesting design and non-slip feet keep your setup high and tight.
  • WEIGHT: 11.8 pounds
  • OUTSIDE DIMENSIONS: 20 1/2” × 11 1/8” × 14 5/8”
  • COLORS: White, Desert Tan, & Charcoal
  • MSRP: $249

Basically, it’s the GOAT of TOTES!

Now I know that some of you are perhaps shocked that the MSRP on the GoBox is $249.99. Honestly, did you miss the Yeti brand name? Does Yeti make anything cheap? The answer to that second question is no, but not just in terms of price, but also quality. Time and time again, I have put Yeti products through the paces, and they have yet to fail to outpace my performance expectations. If you are thinking “I can just put my stuff in a $20 tote from Target.”, then you may be missing out on just what the LoadOut GoBox 30 brings to the transport table. It’s not just a place to store your gear, but a way to store your gear effectively.

Sometimes You Need to Compartmentalize

As I said, the Yeti GoBox is all about effective organization and transport. It’s more than just a box that locks (although it locks really well). Inside you will find clever devices that help to keep your gear in ideal isolation. Let’s look inside.

Removable Caddy

YETI Hopper GoBox - 5.jpg

The first thing that you are likely to notice when you look inside the GoBox is the removable caddy. This little tray sits securely on either side, and is subdivided into three different sections. The caddy is deep enough to keep you smaller items from flying out, but shallow enough overall so as to not take away too much from the storage area beneath. It will fit on either side of the main compartment, and it features a retracting handle, making it easy to pick up, but compact when you put it back inside the box.

It seems silly to get excited about a caddy handle, but I think that it speaks to the way that Yeti pays attention to design. They could have made a caddy that was all one piece, and it probably would have been cheaper, but in doing so, they would have lost the user-friendliness of the current design, and impacted the storage characteristics of the caddy. Yes, Yeti pays attention to the little things.

Center Divider

YETI Hopper GoBox - 6.jpg

Not that it’s a huge feature, but the GoBox includes a removable divider for the large bottom storage section. Having this divider gives you the option to remove it to store large things, or slide it in to keep smaller objects separate. As a bonus, it also looks like the divider would make a great cutting board.

Pack Attic Lid

YETI Hopper GoBox - 7.jpg

When you look under the top of the GoBox lid, you will find the Pack Attic. The Pack Attic is a fabric (nylon?) storage unit that secures to the lid via Velcro. There is a large zippered compartment, and two smaller zippered sections built from perforated fabric. It’s almost like there is a simple briefcase attached to the lid. The large section has a fairly significant volume, and the zippers should keep the contents from migrating during travel.

Making the GoBox a GolfBox

YETI Hopper GoBox - 13.jpg

As I mentioned above, golfers have a bunch of gear. Sure, most of it gets crammed into our bags, but we still need extra storage in our garage, or perhaps something like the GoBox to organize our surplus stocks, or perhaps store those items that are not needed each round. Wouldn’t it be nice to get some of that “sometimes” gear out of your bag?

With the GoBox, I saw the opportunity to get all the needed gear in one well-organized container that could easily be loaded into the trunk along with my clubs and cart.

The initial question was, of course, would it all fit in the trunk?

YETI Hopper GoBox - 1.jpg

That answer was an easy yes. As you can see from the photos, the Yeti LoadOut GoBox had no issues fitting in my trunk with my Clicgear cart and Nike Hybrid bag. For reference, the car used for testing was an Acura TLX sedan, maybe my favorite car ever.

With the GoBox system, I just throw the three things into the trunk and head to the course. I’m not searching for the specific small things that I might need, because I know that they are all in the box.

What’s in the Box, Dave?

YETI Hopper GoBox - 11.jpg

The short answer to that question is “lots of stuff”. I tried to think of what I could need occasionally that I wouldn’t want to store in my bag all of the time. Most of what is in there is “extra”. You’ll see extra balls, socks, clothing layers, phone charger, and so on. Again, what could I need that I may run out of, or don’t want to lug around in the bag all of the time. I definitely see the contents changing with the seasons, but the main theme of backing up the golf bag should persist.

YETI Hopper GoBox - 15.jpg

The only storage issue that I can see some of you having is with the shoes. For reference, my shoes are size 11, and they pretty much fill the section on the bottom. If you wear something larger, you’ll likely not be able to put the caddy above them, or may need to remove the divider to make them sit flat.

What Goes in Your GoBox?

YETI Hopper GoBox - 14.jpg

Although its price is potentially prohibitive, I think that the Yeti LoadOut GoBox 30is a great product for golfers. You can keep all of your stuff organized, and have an easy system for bringing your needed gear to the golf course. You need not search for your stuff, because you know it’s in the GoBox. Just take the box and Go! 

So, what do you think? Can you see a GoBox making your life easier? What would you put in your GoBox?

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

looks really nice...just my 2c, but this seems like overkill (price wise) to organize your golf stuff in your trunk...but to each their own.

Love the BETTI pullover though 🙂   what model do you play

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

• SPY VIP
looks really nice...just my 2c, but this seems like overkill (price wise) to organize your golf stuff in your trunk...but to each their own.
Love the BETTI pullover though    what model do you play

It is the endgame of totes. I can’t imagine one more completely engineered.
As for the Betti, last Sunday I went BB0 but latest gamer has been QueenB 10. Custom Queen B six on the way as well.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Volvo Intorqueo

I always enjoy reading and looking at GS Dave's postings. Especially his photographic work. I'm not a buyer of this type product but that doesn't take away from the write-up/description at all. Certainly I could have one but I'm just too practical to let it happen. I currently carry a cardboard box in the back of my suv about the same size as the Yetti. In it I have a couple sleeves of balls, a pair of shoes and a crumpled rain/wind jacket. Maybe even an old snack bar and a dried out cigar.. and some loose change. It's not very impressive but it works! For me anyway.

Again... nice post and review Dave.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

PING cold weather mittens?  

image.png.e5b0bb3d4018b00eb4a303fb7045435c.png

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

• SPY VIP
PING cold weather mittens?  
image.png.e5b0bb3d4018b00eb4a303fb7045435c.png

Yep. I always go mittens. I have this Ping pair and another larger footjoy pair. Open air in the mitten warms better than gloves.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Volvo Intorqueo

I always enjoy your reviews GS Dave! This is great and would work well in the back of my truck. I hate things flopping around back there. I've tried a few things but this looks really great. Oh and I too prefer the big mittens - they keep my hands warmer and they are so much easier to get off and on in between shots. 

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer