theebdk

Winter Golf Glove Suggestion

Our Sponsors

It is that time of year again in the northeast, the cold weather has begun.  But unfortunately I could only find one of my Footjoy WinterSof golf gloves so I need to buy a new winter glove.  Considering all gloves before I make the purchase and would love your suggestions.  I also noticed that Footjoy came out with a new StaSof for Winter and was curious if anyone has tried it yet.

I use FJ rain gloves, I have their winter gloves but the elastic wrist band is too tight for me also they're a bit bulky. My golfing partner wears the rain gloves but also has extra large mittens he puts on when not hitting the ball. I'm going to try that solution. 

• Like 1

Winter gloves are just too bulky,   I golf without a glove unless it is really humid so I just use cart gloves and take them off to hit a shot.   

• Like 3

I bought the winter and the rain. I have only used the winter and have had no problem with it. Kind of like those velvet football player gloves. Work fine when your cold and come in handy. :)

I use these.  They have grip pads on the palms and are a nice stretchy material that's snug but very comfortable.  I usually use a regular golf glove plus one of these but sometimes use both.  I don't play in winter weather per se, but I do go out in cooler spring/fall weather (down into the 40s).  They make a great pair of everyday gloves off the golf course too.

Gloves.JPG

I spring ski with gloves like that (well, all skiing in VA is generally spring skiing).  Never thought to play golf in them.  I'll have to try it.

Yeah, I am not sure how the palm on the left hand would hold up. But you can get a pair fairly cheap. Maybe some with leather palms would be better for long term use.
  • Like 1

I got a pair of a FJ winter rain gloves but dont love them as I tend to get too strong in the right hand and start pulling the ball. 

A few guys I play with have clic gear mittens on their carts and they love them so Im going that route.. 

Use cart mittens with hand warmers and take your hands out when you're ready to hit. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

Use cart mittens with hand warmers and take your hands out when you're ready to hit. 

I don't use gloves either.  When I ride I use Titleist cart mittens with hand warmers, and I have Ultimittens that attach to my push cart when I walk.  Hand warmers are a must!

• Like 2

I've been using the FJ Wintersoft for years. I get a pair around the first of October and wear them for driving too. It helps me get used to having them on and playing is a lot easier then. I go through one pair each year.

BT