Quigleyd

Patrick Reed new irons

Apparently these are going to get released to the public at some point. By some UN-named company. I know he has worked with Mike Taylor a bunch, but to me these do not look like Artisan clubs. That plus the "released to the public' statement give me the impression these are not Artisan.  I could be wrong though. 

image.png.2298027fceb961985e84d7f7c2eb1170.png

• Like 6

Those are straight out of 1978... love it.

• Like 7

Those are straight out of 1978... love it.

Right!?

GD they’re nice.
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, downlowkey said:

Nope... even if they were free.

Because they say Patrick Reed?  I think the post is cut off right as what I assume is "without the Patrick Reed on them".  Then if they were free?

8 minutes ago, romeopapazulu said:

Because they say Patrick Reed?  I think the post is cut off right as what I assume is "without the Patrick Reed on them".  Then if they were free?

You are correct. They would be minus the Patrick Reed name and his logo.

2 hours ago, romeopapazulu said:

I was referring to the “special” edition (as pictured). Yes, that is the reason.

The mystery irons appear to be a fair approximation of my current Adams MB2s so I technically wouldn’t turn down a free blank version but they’d probably just collect dust with all the other sets. #bestironever👇

01436592-FBEC-4FC1-B55B-46F14B2F861B.jpeg.96da650a63e7796bbc11f10278cd8982.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, downlowkey said:

I was referring to the “special” edition (as pictured). Yes, that is the reason.

They mystery irons appear to be a fair approximation of my current Adams MB2s so I technically wouldn’t turn down a free blank version but they’d probably just collect dust with all the other sets. #bestironever👇

Yes, I dont know that Reed has the same ring as Nicklaus or Hogan. I am not anti-Reed (yet) but have no desire for irons with his name. 

Adam's was soooooo underrated. I think they punched way above their name recognition. I may have to hunt down some of these MB2's myself. 

• Like 3

These are nice besides the PR engraving. I played the Adams MB2s and these give me zero vibes of the MB2s. I still have a few sets of the old Adams MB2s in the golf room that would bring a tear to the eye of old school Adams guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

These are nice besides the PR engraving. I played the Adams MB2s and these give me zero vibes of the MB2s. I still have a few sets of the old Adams MB2s in the golf room that would bring a tear to the eye of old school Adams guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been on the hunt for a set of adams MB2 raws for a while now. I would love a set of 7 plugs but would settle for 5... 

Edited by Quigleyd
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Quigleyd said:

You are correct. They would be minus the Patrick Reed name and his logo.

Patrick Reed is the new Tommy Armour?  Anyone know what the insignia stands for?  I would think this more appropriate 🙂.

See the source image

8 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Patrick Reed is the new Tommy Armour?  Anyone know what the insignia stands for?  I would think this more appropriate 🙂.

See the source image

The bird is a Team Reed logo.

Also - GrindWorks (the mystery iron manufacturer) is made in Japan. And the character who bears that shield, believes in doing the right thing when no one is watching.

So I think different... respectfully.

• Haha 2

Seriously I do not have any problem with the signature---- The main thing for me would be the look of the top line at address and the offset also the sole grind. More than likely I would need some weight down low and so you guys know how I would take care of that. Far as what was on the back signature wise if I could hit and play them I could care less if it said Patrick Reed or Mickey Mouse. After all I am the founding father of brand agnostic

• Like 1

On 12/2/2019 at 8:32 PM, downlowkey said:

The mystery irons appear to be a fair approximation of my current Adams MB2s so I technically wouldn’t turn down a free blank version but they’d probably just collect dust with all the other sets. #bestironever👇

One of my playing buds who is a PGAOA Lifetime member still plays a black set of those Adams irons. LOL he has played them so long all the black is worn off the faces and I will add in the right spots too. 72 years old and still shoots his age or better most of the times I play with him and that is from the senior (gold) tees and not the super senior tees ( red) either. He also carries 2 Adams Peanut hybrids which are well worn in the correct places too

• Like 2