TESTERS WANTED! ×

Michelle Wie Joins CBS broadcast team.

Quigleyd

18 minutes ago, caddyshak said:

My comment was totally tongue in cheek. I expect you are probably in the US and dont get the privilege of watching BBC coverage of the masters and the Open to appreciate the absurdity of Ken on the course. 

For what it's worth, I expect Michelle would make a totally competent and entertaining pundit at PGA events. I would happily replace most of the sky sports pundits for her 

I actually watch some of the bbc coverage as well as their coverage of some of the euro events. Ken on the course is ok but tbh I don’t pay much attention to the announcers on any of the channels. Weekend golf is usually on the muted portion of the split screen 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

• 5 months later...

Have commentators that have actually played tournaments on the course and can provide first hand experiences. I don't recall Wei ever playing in the Masters...maybe had she not emphasize so much on playing on the men's tour when she first started, she might have been a player player with more confidence. She didn't amount to much....

On 11/14/2020 at 8:30 AM, Backwards Tom said:

Have commentators that have actually played tournaments on the course and can provide first hand experiences. I don't recall Wei ever playing in the Masters...maybe had she not emphasize so much on playing on the men's tour when she first started, she might have been a player player with more confidence. She didn't amount to much....

🙄🙄🙄yeah ok

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

On 5/21/2020 at 11:50 AM, Middler said:

I also find the eye candy aspect sad. Unfortunately, it's a factor in ratings, but there's nothing wrong with Wie's appearance. I'd rather have a competent pleasant commentator than a mediocre beauty commentator. YMMV

Couldn't agree with you more. If I'm watching golf, it's for the golf. If I'm watching football, it's for the football. Etc. The attractive person who doesn't know what they're talking about shtick is a really sad reflection of a few too many peoples' preferences that are shallow and degrading, and honestly embarrassing. A la a few earlier posts in this thread.

Wie certainly is one of the biggest names from the women's side of the sport, and it seems like she's pretty charismatic, I'm sure both of these played into her getting this role (and I don't think there's anything wrong with that!) Hope she finds her voice. Personally I think Dottie is the best across all the networks and personalities, maybe she can show Michelle a few tricks of the trade!

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

Not against having her on broadcasts, she just needs some seasoning and it probably would have been better to have her hone her skills at a few non-majors. Most of her comments were just reiterating previous comments or pointing out the extremely obvious. At one point I thought she had left the broadcast because I hadn't heard her speak in quite a long while until another announcer brought her back in with a question. 

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

On 11/14/2020 at 1:30 PM, Backwards Tom said:

I'm pretty sure Dottie Pepper hasn't played in a Masters 🙂    But no one would or should question her qualifications and the job she does on course.   One of the best on course commentators in my opinion. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

The biggest story of this thread is Nick Faldo potentially talks less. All of his Masters glory stories this weekend could gag a maggot. Wie can stay. Faldo's gotta go. 

Titleist 975J

Callaway Hawkeye 3 Wood

Ben Hogan CFT Hybrid, Apex Plus Irons

Cleveland 588 Wedges

Scotty Newport 2 Mid Slant Pro Platinum