Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Quigleyd

Michelle Wie Joins CBS broadcast team.

Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

On 2/29/2020 at 6:29 AM, sixcat said:

Tony Romo’s $17 million contract with CBS has to include him being prominently featured in the CBS golf coverage, right?

Let's hope not 🤮.  Thus far not overly impressed with Cristie Kerr's debut with TGC broadcast team - but perhaps it's just new job jitters.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Let's hope not 🤮.  Thus far not overly impressed with Cristie Kerr's debut with TGC broadcast team - but perhaps it's just new job jitters.

I felt the same way on Christie, even though I like her as a player. She had to be prompted a couple of times and even then gave short responses. Maybe just new job jitters. Michele is a bit more flamboyant so I expect her to be overly talkative. Hope Amanda doesn't go away I think she does a nice job in the post round interviews. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tony@CIC said:

I felt the same way on Christie, even though I like her as a player. She had to be prompted a couple of times and even then gave short responses. Maybe just new job jitters. Michele is a bit more flamboyant so I expect her to be overly talkative. Hope Amanda doesn't go away I think she does a nice job in the post round interviews. 

It's unfortunate that they're not televising KFT events right now; they could have gotten her a couple of starts in a lower pressure environment.  She's still not great yet, but she's much better than when they first threw it to her and she was stumbling to get anything out of her mouth.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Michelle Wie is very personable which I think will be nice. Too many commentators sound a bit stiff IMO and if her personality comes through on the telecast, I think it will be good. The only thing I could think that would make her less than ideal is her propensity to kinda mumble sometimes. I think as long as she speaks clearly, she'll do okay.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

Michelle Wie is very personable which I think will be nice. Too many commentators sound a bit stiff IMO and if her personality comes through on the telecast, I think it will be good. The only thing I could think that would make her less than ideal is her propensity to kinda mumble sometimes. I think as long as she speaks clearly, she'll do okay.

All the articles I read about the announcement mentions the great reviews she got during solheim cup coverage when she was in studio analyst. I watched a few of the spots she after post round and I thought she was good. I’m sure it has to do with her personality and attitude

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if and how her role will change with her being pregnant. I wonder when she is due? 

  • Off Topic 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Michelle Wie is good an all. But will she bring what Ken on the course brings? 

I think not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, caddyshak said:

Michelle Wie is good an all. But will she bring what Ken on the course brings? 

I think not

Unless you have seen some sort of update I don’t think her role has been defined so she may not be on the course at all. 

She has been great in studio work for solheim cup coverage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Unless you have seen some sort of update I don’t think her role has been defined so she may not be on the course at all. 

She has been great in studio work for solheim cup coverage. 

My comment was totally tongue in cheek. I expect you are probably in the US and dont get the privilege of watching BBC coverage of the masters and the Open to appreciate the absurdity of Ken on the course. 

For what it's worth, I expect Michelle would make a totally competent and entertaining pundit at PGA events. I would happily replace most of the sky sports pundits for her 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't get the criticisms of Wie based on her LPGA record. Being a sports commentator is a different skill, it's not solely based on your professional sports experience. Wie's record is more than qualifying. Lots of great commentators haven't played the sports they comment on professionally. And some of the greatest pros wouldn't be competent broadcasting.

I also find the eye candy aspect sad. Unfortunately, it's a factor in ratings, but there's nothing wrong with Wie's appearance. I'd rather have a competent pleasant commentator than a mediocre beauty commentator. YMMV

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, caddyshak said:

My comment was totally tongue in cheek. I expect you are probably in the US and dont get the privilege of watching BBC coverage of the masters and the Open to appreciate the absurdity of Ken on the course. 

For what it's worth, I expect Michelle would make a totally competent and entertaining pundit at PGA events. I would happily replace most of the sky sports pundits for her 

I actually watch some of the bbc coverage as well as their coverage of some of the euro events. Ken on the course is ok but tbh I don’t pay much attention to the announcers on any of the channels. Weekend golf is usually on the muted portion of the split screen 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...