Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Cleveland Halo Hybrid vs King F9 Hybrid 2H

Sen

Cleveland Halo Hybrid vs King F9 Hybrid 2H  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• Cleveland Halo Hybrid
    • King F9 Hybrid 2H

Has anyone played these hybrids together? I'm between the two for a 2 hybrid. Not sure I'll have a chance to hit them before the missus makes me choose one for the holidays. 

I need a 220 club(16-17 degree hybrid range for me) that is good for 2nd shot in par 5 or an errant tee shot. 

Has anyone played these hybrids together? I'm between the two for a 2 hybrid. Not sure I'll have a chance to hit them before the missus makes me choose one for the holidays. 

I need a 220 club(16-17 degree hybrid range for me) that is good for 2nd shot in par 5 or an errant tee shot. 

I currently bag the Halo 2 and used to bag the F8 3 hybrid. Sorry it isn’t exactly what you are looking for but that might be as close as you get. I have found the Halo 2 to be the most accurate hybrid I have ever used. Definitely a draw bias to the club which is a good thing for me as I am usually over the top. I swing a driver around 95 and hit the halo right around 200. It is usually low bullets playing the stock stiff shaft. With the F8 I never knew where my miss would be, left or right. I think the Halo has a shorter shaft than most hybrids and it replaced my Cobra F8 3 wood. Same distance, lower ball flight but way more consistent for me.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

50 minutes ago, jlukes said:

The F9 Hybrid isn't even available to buy yet so I doubt anyone has real experience with it. 

Do you mean the halo? I think they are both available, I can find them on ebay and most stores. https://www.cobragolf.com/king-f9-hybrid

1 hour ago, Wedgie said:

I currently bag the Halo 2 and used to bag the F8 3 hybrid. Sorry it isn’t exactly what you are looking for but that might be as close as you get. I have found the Halo 2 to be the most accurate hybrid I have ever used. Definitely a draw bias to the club which is a good thing for me as I am usually over the top. I swing a driver around 95 and hit the halo right around 200. It is usually low bullets playing the stock stiff shaft. With the F8 I never knew where my miss would be, left or right. I think the Halo has a shorter shaft than most hybrids and it replaced my Cobra F8 3 wood. Same distance, lower ball flight but way more consistent for me.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Thank you very much every bit helps.

I'm leaning towards the F9 since the lies are much flatter, my irons are -1 degree and normal hybrids always look way too toe up for me. 

42 minutes ago, Sen said:

Do you mean the halo? I think they are both available, I can find them on ebay and most stores. https://www.cobragolf.com/king-f9-hybrid

Thank you very much every bit helps.

I'm leaning towards the F9 since the lies are much flatter, my irons are -1 degree and normal hybrids always look way too toe up for me. 

My mistake! I was thinking you were asking about the new cobra release. 

Sorry! 

• 3 weeks later...

I am a big fan of cobra hybrids and still bag a 2011 17* Baffler which I hit 200-220. I demo'd the F9 3H against the Ping G410 19* hybrid as well as the 18.5* Cobra F9 5-6FW. The 19* F9 was the most accurate and similar in distance to my Baffler 2H, so I imagine the F9 2H may have yielded 5-10 extra yards. This is partially due to a shaft that is more suited to my swing as I was fit into the ATMOS Blue in the F9 Driver. 

I decided to go with the 5-6 FW to take advantage of the hosel adjustments (set to 17*) and CNC milled face which is still not available in the SpeedZone hybrids. It is giving me 10-20 more yards than the 2H, so I am bagging both to cover 200-230 and provide a variety of trajectories. If I had to choose one I would likely pick the hybrid for accuracy and playability from a greater range of lies unless you have a tendency to hook hybrids. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

1) Baffler rails.

2) Have you considered a F9 Tour 4-5W cranked back. It's a little bit of me that I don't get along with hybrids (They're hookers), but I'm favouring an F8+ 4-5W with a shorter shaft as a super hybrid. 

:cobra-small: LTDx LS 9*D,  HZRDUS Green HC 60g 6.0, 45" 4g + 12g weight 
:cobra-small: King LTD @ 14.5* HZRDUS Blue 70g 6.0, 42.5"
:cobra-small: King LTD  @ 17.5*, HZRDUS Blue 70g 6.0, 4
0.5"/ :cobra-small: 2022 Utility Iron 2 @ 17*, Ventus Black 10x, 39.25"

:cobra-small: 2022 Utility Iron 4 OL @ 20* Fujikura Pro Iron 115TX 36"
wishon.png.f487cdf69e368c89461d72fa6fc7bbe4.pngEQ1-NX OL 5i-PW Fujikura Pro Iron 115TX 36
"

Cobra SBOL 48*, 52*, 56* Fujikura Pro Iron 115TX 36"
OIP.jpg.04da427c8e36dc0d247492fdfa8569f6.jpgC-Series DW Armlock

Vice Pro Plus

Is the F9 hybrid flatter than the F8?  I have the F8, and it is a hook machine for me, but I fight a hook with most hybrids (and all my clubs from time to time).  

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino