TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Official Member Review: Bridgestone White Box Ball

GolfSpy MPR

5 minutes ago, Smellis745 said:

Yes, you just set a box of (dozen size) golf balls about 3-4” from the ball, with the ball centered in the box opposite the camera.  Record a slow motion, face on swing video and upload it through their portal and wait.  They say response time is 1-3 business days, but most of us had our response within 1 day, unless you did it over the weekend. It helps if you trim the video down just because of the upload speed.

Thank you for the tips, I'm going to give this a try this week! Enjoy the testing

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

UPDATE as to my Chipping Test (from last Saturday, as seen on pg 6 of thread for reference.)

**As said previously, 54 degree wedge, I wanted to get a larger data sample, so performed the same chipping process greenside again today. Again trying to land the ball around a 15 yd carry mark that resulted in balls rolling out to around 20yd in total. This update now representing a total sample size of 39 chip shots for each ball (78 collectively). The larger sample size did help close the average spin gap to some degree, but still not yet allowed the Bridgestone Tour BX yet to overtake in average spin, but getting closer to "minimal" difference. I think nearly 40 with each will conclude this portion of my chipping tests.

Srixon Z-Star XV- Average spin of 7172, High of 8300, Low of 5390. Of those 39 chips, 22 of those all being in the 7400-7500 each. (*Note, all subject to strike but looking for any trends). Average carry distance measured at 15.30 yds

Bridgestone Tour BX- Average spin of 7076, High of 8700, Low of 5514. Of those 39 chips, 19 of those all being in the 7400-7500 each. (*Note, all subject to strike but looking for any trends). Average carry distance measured at 15.02 yds

40 YARD PITCH SHOTS (58 degree wedge)

*Very limited sample size here today so I'd say take these with a grain of salt, only 12 shots with each ball.

Srixon Z-Star XV- Average Carry 37.16 yards, Average spin of 7484 rpm, High of 10,005, Low of 5840. (*Note, all subject to strike but looking for any trends).

Bridgestone Tour BX- Average Carry 38.75 yards, Average spin of 7207 rpm, High of 9664, Low of 5931. (*Note, all subject to strike but looking for any trends).

Overall, in chipping and pitching it is in my observation difficult or impossible for me to discern one of these balls from the other. Feels and performance (and expectations). Things may change when I move on to full shots and direct numbers comparisons there........but as of playing 18 holes yesterday with the Tour BX I'd say if you told me I was still playing my Srixon XV I'd say "yup," b/c it just seemed to fall right in to where and what I would ask/expect. But thats "observational" only, I'd like to back with data

Edited by Trial&Error

21 hours ago, GSwag said:

Played 36 holes over 2 days with the B RXS and the ball held up really well.  At this point I can't tell the difference between this ball and the Srixon Z Star, but who knows at this point.

No difference on wedge shots into the green, say 100 yards out?

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Just now, Miboy62 said:

No difference on wedge shots into the green, say 100 yards out?

With 54 holes in, it's still very early in the evaluation, but I did hit a handful of choke down lob wedge shots from < 80 yards, and got some unwanted backspin on them.  As in, I hit them onto the front of the green, and the ball spun back into the fairway.  I was playing a provisional on one par 3 towards the end of the day today, from the drop zone, and had about 75 yards into the pin, and hit my lob wedge into what I thought was a good shot on the green, and watched the ball spin back off of the front of the green, down into the ravine never to be seen again.

But honestly, beyond these lob wedge shots, where I know I am producing serious backspin with my 58 degree Vokey wedge the rest of the overall shots all look the same to me, both in distance and launch angle, etc.  I'd say the cost is the differentiator between the Srixon Z Star and this ball, but I can typically find the Srixon for $29.99 or less, and this Bridgestone ball apparently retails for $29.99.

I'm gonna keep playing them and keep testing them, and we'll see where we are in a few weeks.

Side note on conditions.  Yesterday's round was played in overcast skies around 60 degrees with a healthy 20 mph wind and it had rained prior to the round, so it was a bit wet.  Today's round was a brisk 45 degrees with sunshine, and that same 20 mph wind.  Honestly, I can't remember the last time I played a round of golf without a 20+ mph wind blowing on me constantly.  I'm so used to wind at this point that I won't know what to do if I ever get a calm day for golf again.  I'll be shaping shots, expecting the wind to take it and there will be no wind to take it and screw me up.  🙃

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

Got out for 18 today and my first round with these Tour B X. I wouldn't call myself a high ball hitter, or a high spin player, but stopping these isn't looking like a problem. Greens were pretty hard today, but the ball doesn't stop much further than my pitch marks. It'll be good to get out on course that I play frequently to get a better idea of the B X overall.

IMG_20200120_141343.thumb.jpg.51708c5ee6915ee023227ec781c8a54d.jpg

The picture above was a 50* from 109 to a slightly elevated green. I would've expected my V1x to stop maybe half of that distance, but it's not the end of the world, and actually put me closer, lol.

Ball definitely looks longer for me on drives, both well-struck and misses, but that was common for me on the 2018 model.

I still think the V1x spins and checks up more on chips, but I'll have to get in more time before I can say that with any conviction.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

1 hour ago, Trial&Error said:

Looks like all the marketing "guff" just dropped this morning in conjunction with the start of the PGA Merchandise show.........so much for blind testing 🙂

They waited a while to get these out to us.  I'm itching to get on the course and see if the launch monitor data translates to real world performance.  I'll refrain from reading any of it so I can still keep an unbiased opinion on the course.

• PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD-HD 7 TX
  • TaylorMade M6 15* - PX HZRDUS Green 80 TX
  • Titleist 913 Fd 18* - MCA KuroKage XMS 90 X /// OR /// Callaway XForged UT 20* - Aldila Rogue Black 105 TX
  • Srixon Z745 4-P - PX LZ 7.0
  • Vokey SM7 49F / 53F / 58K - DG TI S400
  • Odyssey Black #3 34”
  • Titleist AVX

Rough round for me yesterday, but I noticed a few positives with the new Tour B X. The best shot was on a par 3 with a 7i, which hit the green at around 20' from the pin and hopped and stopped at 27'. Distance-wise, it seemed to on par with the Pro V1x and previous Tour B X, and I'm hoping to get on a simulator at some point later on. I didn't have any short game shots worth talking about, and I feel like the new Tour B X feels a bit more firm off the putter, but we all know how subjective feel is. Overall durability was impressive given the erratic golf I was playing. When I get back from MD I'm planning on getting out to a short game area for more testing so I'll post some more thoughts then. 

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

I started out, yesterday,  simply hitting these balls on an indoor putting surface.  Different sound and feel than the e12 I usually play. And, that is all I wanted to do.  I will start with my short game and chipping, a major need to take my game up to another level. I have usually good technique in terms of the swing, though I often have runners on the green. I can hit a fairly lovely looking "Phil lob" that will not fully bite.

So my plan is for the following:

1: Chipping and short game. With a top tracker.

2. Drives, starting with some indoor top tracker work to set some aspects in my mind.  The next time at this range, I will check irons and hybrids.

3. 2--4 full rounds (18 holes) wit notes and some video.

Then, I will rinse and repeat with an eye to show much I have adjusted to the ball and if those adjustments indicate a change of ball  for me.

If you have specific questions, suggestions, and/or criticisms, drop me a note.  I am in particular interested in those that come from older golfers.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 Super Bowl Champions Bag  :  :ping: G410 Plus, Alta Red CB 55 SR Flex, GX-7 14º(acting as a 3 wood),  :ping:   G400 4H, 5H. Sr Flex,   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges graphite SR Shafts (50º, 56º, 60º),  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g :bridgestone: e12 for the items I try to hit on purposematte red, so I can see them. :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Good morning fellas,

If you're reading this....you know this "test" got off to a late start. Had a chance to get out for a bit last weekend to perform some of my own "non-scientific" test comparisons. First, my prototype ball was stated by Bridgestones VFIT technology (see link below). FYI - had a couple buddies submit videos and their results, like mine, were pretty spot on and impressive. regardless outcome of the prototype ball.

So......what do you guys want to know about this ball? What type of shots do you want to see? Is there a certain ball you'd like to see this compared to? I'll do my best!

Video fitting: VFit https://www.bridgestonegolf.com/en-us/find-my-ball/video-get-fit

image.png.e7f0d35a3e8c00bfe7aa9dcb6186bb09.png

I've tested and played several balls over the past few years. Such as, Snell Black, Titleist Pro V1X, TM TP5, Callaway and am currently gaming the new Titleist AVX (which I love).

Initial impressions were very good with this ball. As stated by other testers, it feels "tackier" than other balls I've handled. No visible blemishes whatsoever and markings were perfect. I spent an hour or so testing the ball on the chipping green and putting green. All comparisons were made against my current ball, Titleist AVX. 

I did play 9 holes with the Tour BX against the AVS (more on this in my final review). Had an unusually windy day for NE Florida. First few drives with the Tour BX indicated that it is a very "spinney" ball, which is NOT a good thing for me, as I typically launch ball on the higher end of the spectrum and never had a problem stopping balls on greens. The Titleist AVS was a few yards longer on most driver holes...but, not by much.

Test Clubs:

image.png.54f5c28703172cbe2f1c5243e4429886.png

image.png.91901d12076020ba18d075edd4e55ab3.png

Chip Shots: (tight bermuda lies)

Ball felt very good coming off of my 54 Jaws wedge. Soft, yet powerful and in control. Personally, I don't like hard or clicky feeling balls (Srixon, Snell MTB X). I noticed very quickly that the Tour BX spun and stopped quicker than my Titleist AVX balls. Still on the fence as to whether or not this is a good thing!?! I typically like to hit pitches that run out about the same distance it flies. 

Chipping Videos: (2nd video - made 3 out of 6 chips)

Putting: (Made 4 out of 6 putts @ 20')

Putting.....well, short of putting with a Pinnacle distance vs ProV1....what's there to test? Seriously? The putter is not traveling fast enough or compressing the ball enough to truly prefer one ball over the next. For me, I want a ball that provides the sound I'm looking for, that will start on my line and not "launch" off my putter head like a rocket. With that said, the Tour BX felt very good. Softer feel and very responsive.

:titleist-small: TSR2 - Ventus Red, 6X

:titleist-small: TSR2 3W - Ventus Red, 7X

:titleist-small: TSR2 5W - Ventus Red TR, 8X

:mizuno-small: JPX 223 Tour PW-7i/JPX 223 Forged 6i-4i - Nippon Modus 130X

:taylormade-small: MG3 - 50, 54, 58* -  Nippon Modus 130X

:scotty-small: Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura X5 

:titleist-small: Titleist Prov1

9 hours ago, yungkory said:

Got out for 18 today and my first round with these Tour B X. I wouldn't call myself a high ball hitter, or a high spin player, but stopping these isn't looking like a problem. Greens were pretty hard today, but the ball doesn't stop much further than my pitch marks. It'll be good to get out on course that I play frequently to get a better idea of the B X overall.

IMG_20200120_141343.thumb.jpg.51708c5ee6915ee023227ec781c8a54d.jpg

The picture above was a 50* from 109 to a slightly elevated green. I would've expected my V1x to stop maybe half of that distance, but it's not the end of the world, and actually put me closer, lol.

Ball definitely looks longer for me on drives, both well-struck and misses, but that was common for me on the 2018 model.

I still think the V1x spins and checks up more on chips, but I'll have to get in more time before I can say that with any conviction.

I need a super in depth comparison of these two balls. Pressure is on...

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Bridgestone Tour BX Prototype First Impressions

Sorry fellas - I did this a bit backasswards....but, here's Stage 1 - First Impressions

Hello everyone and thank you Bridgestone and MyGolfSpy for selecting me to test the new Tour BX golf balls.

Really loved the look and feel of this ball right out of the box. It's hard to explain, but it just looks and feels good and expensive!

I was born and raised in Tulsa, OK and moved to NE Florida in August of 2017. I live and play golf in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL, just a short drive from TPC Sawgrass. I turn 50 years old this July and will finally be eligible for the Champions Tour (just kidding…but, can qualify for some of the old man tourneys at my local club).

Picked up my first golf clubs (garage sale Ping knockoffs) at 19 years old and instantly fell in love with the game. Can’t really put a finger on why I instantly fell in love with the game, as I was the only member of my family who plays. I’ve always been drawn to a challenge, so I guess that’s it….because who really conquers this crazy game called golf? Well….Tiger and Jack!?! Maybe.

After 22 years being self employed, I’m finally at a stage of life where I get to play a couple times per week and practice a lot. Took a few years off golf dealing with and ultimately healing from a complete replacement of my right hip. Prior to the surgery, I was playing to a 7 handicap. Post surgery and 3 years later, I started my 2019 season as a 13 handicap. My current handicap is 5.8 on a tight private golf course in the middle of a marsh. Finding fairways and greens is at a premium here!

My strengths are short game and iron play. As my golfing buddies would say, “he chips and putts like a scratch golfer”. On those rare days when the golf gods are smiling down upon me and tempo is right, I can play really good golf.

Don’t know why, but I’ve always hit all my clubs fairly long and high (7 iron averages 173 yards). I need a golf ball with a penetrating flight, low spin, that is responsive and feels good.

Most of my misses occur off my Driver and gap wedges, where I have the tendency to get the club stuck behind me a bit, which results in a block or pushed ball that flies very straight but right of my target line.

If this ball can carry as long or longer than my current gamer (Titleist AVX), spins low off the driver and finds more fairways, it will definitely find it’s way into my bag!

IMG_1758.jpg

IMG_1759.jpg

:titleist-small: TSR2 - Ventus Red, 6X

:titleist-small: TSR2 3W - Ventus Red, 7X

:titleist-small: TSR2 5W - Ventus Red TR, 8X

:mizuno-small: JPX 223 Tour PW-7i/JPX 223 Forged 6i-4i - Nippon Modus 130X

:taylormade-small: MG3 - 50, 54, 58* -  Nippon Modus 130X

:scotty-small: Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura X5 

:titleist-small: Titleist Prov1

Today, chipping into a backyard net at about 40' away. A very nice feel off my Ping wedges (Glide 3.0, Graphite,  50º, 56º, and 60º);  felt solid and sure.  Again, sounds different, but that is  ok. As my landing area is NOT a green cut chunk of grass, I am not ready to make pronouncements on bite.  Was easy to get a nice high Phil Lob and it looked as if there was enough spin to get it done. I seemed to be quite able to play around with height with my 50º.  Can't wait to get the to the indoor top tracker on Thursday

Cover has a nice feel off of the clubs  So far, nothing I am doing has really gone beyond first look and try arenas.  Tomorrow, after work, I will do my first real specific look at sand traps and these items.

Note:  While I will do quite a bit of Top Tracker recording as part of this exercise, as a golfer, I am not sure I think a lot about numbers when I play, so you may read more from me in terms of feel, sound, and looks, and results in my score.  This is the result of playing a much softer e12 and noting the difference to me. So far, I like what I see and feel, even though my very top club speeds are lower than optimum for an RX.

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 Super Bowl Champions Bag  :  :ping: G410 Plus, Alta Red CB 55 SR Flex, GX-7 14º(acting as a 3 wood),  :ping:   G400 4H, 5H. Sr Flex,   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges graphite SR Shafts (50º, 56º, 60º),  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g :bridgestone: e12 for the items I try to hit on purposematte red, so I can see them. :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

59 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

I need a super in depth comparison of these two balls. Pressure is on...

Well, there's a ton of marketing data available as of this morning so... Pressure is off, LOL!

Got out yesterday for nine holes in the SoCal sun. Perfect conditions. I love where I live!

Off the tee was tough to discern, but as one of my golfers put it, my swing was garbage. What was not garbage, however, were my shots into the green. Totally salvaged my round for me. As I noted in the previous segment, the ball just feels right coming off the club face. I was able to be very aggressive at pins, because the ball definitely checks up well. I did have a couple spin back quite a bit, but I expect that when I take a full swing with a 55* wedge. The ball is just incredibly responsive. 

I am set to play another nine tomorrow, really hoping the long game isn’t garbage so I can test out distance off the driver. 

I was disappointed to see the price will be right there next to prov1. I was hoping for a bit lower, it would make this a winner for me. The price might be enough to keep me away, though with 36 fresh balls from Bridgestone I won’t need new ones for awhile!

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

2 hours ago, jddaigneault said:

Got out yesterday for nine holes in the SoCal sun. Perfect conditions. I love where I live!

Off the tee was tough to discern, but as one of my golfers put it, my swing was garbage. What was not garbage, however, were my shots into the green. Totally salvaged my round for me. As I noted in the previous segment, the ball just feels right coming off the club face. I was able to be very aggressive at pins, because the ball definitely checks up well. I did have a couple spin back quite a bit, but I expect that when I take a full swing with a 55* wedge. The ball is just incredibly responsive. 

I am set to play another nine tomorrow, really hoping the long game isn’t garbage so I can test out distance off the driver. 

I was disappointed to see the price will be right there next to prov1. I was hoping for a bit lower, it would make this a winner for me. The price might be enough to keep me away, though with 36 fresh balls from Bridgestone I won’t need new ones for awhile!

If I walk away from this test thinking that the BX is absolutely a better ball for me, I will switch, but I agree with you on the price point. I believe they could probably win the #2 spot in terms of market share with a better price, but not sure about what kind of margins they're operating on selling at $44.99. While $6/dozen isn't huge, if these were $38.99/doz it would make switching from V1x the tiebreaker if it came down to it.

Play well tomorrow!

Weather pattern in Houston is rain, rain, and more rain. But tomorrow it is supposed to clear out. This will be my first shot at working with the Tour B RXS ball. It will be cart path only and the practice facilities will be closed but I'm looking forward to playing regardless. I'll give a short report after my round.

Envious of that SoCal weather this week    jddaigneault 

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

Worked in sand traps. Used both 56º and 60º to get out of various trap settings. I was able to get out of of deep sand near a lip.  Happy with thheight of the shots and the decision of which club to use when.  In particular, great loft up to a landing area I was aiming for.  When the  ball landed, it did not have a big roll.  It hit strongly and perhaps gave up a 5' or less roll.  This kind of results was somewhat foreign to me.  Using both the e6 and e12, I was always able to get the ball up and out of the trap, but rarely got them not to roll too far. Today, I got the bite I often look for.

3stooge.jpeg

Edited by DrMJG

Played a round at Wildcat Golf Club close to downtown Houston and wanted to share a little scenery.

IMG_1952.JPG

125 yard 9 iron into the wind spun back pretty nicely.

IMG_1953.JPG

One of the outstanding views from Wildcat Highlands tee box #12...That's NRG stadium and the Astrodome right next door. 

IMG_1955.JPG

I drove the ball exceptionally today.

IMG_1956.JPG
I played wildcat golf course today there was 15 mph sustained winds with gusts up to 30 miles an hour after 3 inches of rain last night it was cartpath only. it’s a really nice course with lots of hazards, Forced carries and large greens with lots of undulations so it was a demanding course for me to go out and play a ball for the first time especially under the conditions. The biggest impact on my game that I saw was with putting the ball. I had no feel for distance control with this ball compared to the pro V 1x that I normally play. I did putt on the practice green for a little while and I could tell the ball has a little bit more spring right off the face of the club and I just never could get comfortable with distance control all day but that’s something that I’m sure will come around and playing this ball a little more so I’m not worried about that.The other thing that I could see today was the ball seemed to come off the club with a very low launch angle. I was placing it back in my stance a little bit because I was trying to flight it down a little because of the windy conditions. I Need to play with the ball a lot more before drawing any conclusions.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

Played a round at Wildcat Golf Club close to downtown Houston and wanted to share a little scenery.
IMG_1952.thumb.JPG.f6c98b7bf0f20c098839265d24816358.JPG
IMG_1953.thumb.JPG.7d14ec88ea7ade77aa22a5e88c250148.JPG
One of the outstanding views from Wildcat Highlands tee box #12...That's NRG stadium and the Astrodome right next door. 
IMG_1955.thumb.JPG.c9fc1f093576ae3eec638d6f9bafb060.JPG
IMG_1956.thumb.JPG.4dcde428a1b896be78976a915f3ebe23.JPG
I played wildcat golf course today there was 15 mph sustained winds with gusts up to 30 miles an hour after 3 inches of rain last night it was cartpath only. it’s a really nice course with lots of hazards, Forced carries and large greens with lots of undulations so it was a demanding course for me to go out and play a ball for the first time especially under the conditions. The biggest impact on my game that I saw was with putting the ball. I had no feel for distance control with this ball compared to the pro V 1x that I normally play. I did putt on the practice green for a little while and I could tell the ball has a little bit more spring right off the face of the club and I just never could get comfortable with distance control all day but that’s something that I’m sure will come around and playing this ball a little more so I’m not worried about that.The other thing that I could see today was the ball seemed to come off the club with a very low launch angle. I was placing it back in my stance a little bit because I was trying to flight it down a little because of the windy conditions. I Need to play with the ball a lot more before drawing any conclusions.

Looks like you had the course to yourself.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

Looks like you had the course to yourself.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Even in the fourth largest city in our nation are many folks as hard core as I am about GOLF...lol  🏌️‍♂️  Thursdays are MY Golf Days.

Made it out yesterday, and today we had a nice uptick to sunny and 75 so I had to go out again.

Yesterday was a better day striking the ball, and it does not lack for distance. At my local course, whole 7 is one of my favorite driving holes. It sets up nicely for the power fade. In three rounds with the prov1, I’m averaging 284. In four rounds with the BXS, I’m averaging 298. To be fair, one of those was 317, so clearly I need a bigger sample size.

I can say that, using Arccos, all of my club averages have creeped up in the last few rounds. I have to get out on a launch monitor, but so far it would appear I’m getting a little more out of the Bridgestone. 

Today the group in front of us was slow, so I hit provs and BXS into every green. I alternated which I hit first, so as not to be a second shot all American for one specific ball. I’m digging the BXS. It is so responsive. The feel I have is incredible. It makes me feel more in control of the ball. I can be more aggressive at pins, knowing that if I miss it a little bit it will still check up. Prov I find I need to hit well or it will release a tiny bit, which makes me play safer on back pins. I like being aggressive, so at this point I’m ready to tell my fiancé if she can’t figure out a gift for birthdays she can just buy me some Bridgestones! I really like this ball!

A quick bit about my game...I have an aggressive tempo, and swing my driver 115+ mph. I’m still working on my short game, but the irons usually work for me. I’ve been struggling with some plane issues on tee shots lately, but I think I just need to get to the range on a day the upper range is closed so I can hit a few drives and get it straightened out. Overall, I’ve been in the low to mid 80s these past rounds with the Bridgestones. 

If anyone has specific questions or tests they’d like to see done I’m happy to oblige! Back to the course for another 9 on Monday!

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

IMG_1952.thumb.JPG.f6c98b7bf0f20c098839265d24816358.JPG
IMG_1953.thumb.JPG.7d14ec88ea7ade77aa22a5e88c250148.JPG
IMG_1955.thumb.JPG.c9fc1f093576ae3eec638d6f9bafb060.JPG
IMG_1956.thumb.JPG.4dcde428a1b896be78976a915f3ebe23.JPG

One of the courses I would play when I stayed in the Medical Center for work. I hated the course the first time I played it... Overpriced for the condition. The last two times were much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I did some dry ball testing indoors on the launch monitor. Two things about the BXS that stand out for me so far are soft feel and increased ball speed. The 7i I used is a TaylorMade P790 Black, and the 54 degree wedge is a TaylorMade Milled Grind 2 Black with new grooves. The ball in comparison is my TP5 game ball.

IMG_0182.JPG

BXS 7i

IMG_0188.JPG

TP5 7i

IMG_0184.JPG

BXS 54*

IMG_0190.JPG

TP5 54*

“I should of yelled Two!”

Driver: PXG 0811x Gen 4 / Tour AD TP6s

3W: PXG 0341x Gen 1 / Tour AD TP6s

3HY: :taylormade-small: GAPR / KBS Stiff

4-PW: :taylormade-small: P770 / Nippon Pro Modus 3 120 Stiff + 1/2”

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 / Nippon Pro Modus 3 120 Stiff + 1/2” 50-09, 54-11, 60-10

Putter: :cobra-small: Grandsport 35

Ball: Pro V1

Bag: Sun Mountain C-130

Cart: Clicgear 4.0

28 minutes ago, FiveGs said:

I did some dry ball testing indoors on the launch monitor. Two things about the BXS that stand out for me so far are soft feel and increased ball speed. The 7i I used is a TaylorMade P790 Black, and the 54 degree wedge is a TaylorMade Milled Grind 2 Black with new grooves. The ball in comparison is my TP5 game ball.

IMG_0182.JPG

BXS 7i

IMG_0188.JPG

TP5 7i

IMG_0184.JPG

BXS 54*

IMG_0190.JPG

TP5 54*

Is it me....or the BS 7i appears to be on club selection "1W" and the TP5 has selection "HYB?"

No idea on if that effects the readings in that particular case, but the junk I use if those are not the same I get skewed data

Edited by Trial&Error

7 hours ago, PMookie said:

One of the courses I would play when I stayed in the Medical Center for work. I hated the course the first time I played it... Overpriced for the condition. The last two times were much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You might not know this course was built on a landfill, that is why it is so unique along the flat gulf coast landscape. Because of Wildcat's elevations it drains really well and for this reason I play this course during wet periods when other (flatter) courses are nearly unplayable. The photos I posted don't do the course justice as it is winter and the grasses are basically dormant right now. I appreciate the course being playable this time of year and I did book my green fees at a significant discount on Golfnow Hot Deals 👍

4 hours ago, FiveGs said:

IMG_0182.JPG

BXS 7i

IMG_0188.JPG

TP5 7i

IMG_0184.JPG

BXS 54*

IMG_0190.JPG

TP5 54*

If the strikes were equal, that's pretty interesting you gained almost a whole club in carry distance.