TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Official Member Review: Bridgestone White Box Ball

GolfSpy MPR

You might not know this course was built on a landfill, that is why it is so unique along the flat gulf coast landscape. Because of Wildcat's elevations it drains really well and for this reason I play this course during wet periods when other (flatter) courses are nearly unplayable. The photos I posted don't do the course justice as it is winter and the grasses are basically dormant right now. I appreciate the course being playable this time of year and I did book my green fees at a significant discount on Golfnow Hot Deals 

I last played it in June. It was in good shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

If the strikes were equal, that's pretty interesting you gained almost a whole club in carry distance.

4 mph ball speed difference...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

If the strikes were equal, that's pretty interesting you gained almost a whole club in carry distance.

I felt like they were both hit solid and I stepped on both of them pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

“I should of yelled Two!”

Driver: PXG 0811x Gen 4 / Tour AD TP6s

3W: PXG 0341x Gen 1 / Tour AD TP6s

3HY: :taylormade-small: GAPR / KBS Stiff

4-PW: :taylormade-small: P770 / Nippon Pro Modus 3 120 Stiff + 1/2”

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 / Nippon Pro Modus 3 120 Stiff + 1/2” 50-09, 54-11, 60-10

Putter: :cobra-small: Grandsport 35

Ball: Pro V1

Bag: Sun Mountain C-130

Cart: Clicgear 4.0

Played 9 holes after work today and I'm seeing a lot of the same with this ball as the previous generation.

Longer off every club, decent stopping power from 50y and out, but within that and around the green -- not so much. Have to account for much more roll out than the V1x.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Put the ball in play today in our dogfight.  Course was overly saturated after a heavy rain yesterday (SC winters for ya) and it was in mid 40s for the better part of the round. This ball feels amazing off driver and I saw better distance off the tee vs the ZStar.  #1 is a straight away 514 yd par 5.  I absolutely hammered my opening drive and was 216 out with no rollout.  Had several drives that were very much like this throughout the round.  One thing I can say, is this ball doesn’t seem to curve near as much as the ZStar either, but that’s due to the extra spin I’m getting with it.  

Off the irons, the ball feels just right.  Not mushy by any means, but enough feel to where I could still get feedback on where the strike was.  Ditto for wedges.  I had several approach shots that were right there with the ball mark.  4/5 irons stopped within 5-6 paces and 6/7 irons would be within a yard of the ball mark.  8-P would end up slightly behind.  Wedges were much the same, had a few 35/40 yard pitches and the ball would hop once and stop.  Chipping around the greens, I felt the results were very similar from what I would normally expect out of my ZStar.  I typically like to use a PW around the green when I have plenty to work with.  For me, and my lack of proper practice time, it’s easier for me to gauge a run out chip than it is to fly a higher lofted wedge.  Anyhow, had a few of these shots today and I wouldn’t have noticed a difference between the B XS and the ZStar.

Where I need some adjustment time is with the putter.  This ball is incredibly soft feeling and was hard to get a gauge on how to hit the right speed The first time out.  Someone else mentioned this earlier.  I play a milled Odyssey Black Series #3, couldn’t imagine how soft this thing would be with a softer insert putter.  I’ll get this figured out, but the first outing I struggled with my putter.

Ahh...almost forgot.  Durability seems to be pretty good too.  I cleaned the ball up after the round and I’d still rate it a 8/10.  Absolutely no issue putting this ball in play for another practice round.  If I was playing anything that mattered, I’d throw a new one out, but I would do that regardless.  You’ll see in the one pic, there looks to be a slight nick, but my fingernail doesn’t catch on it.

Overall, I really like this ball so far and it’s definitely longer and straighter.  The putter feels will hopefully come around quickly.  Have a tough man next weekend, so that’ll be interesting in itself.

A1A4CF51-069B-4B04-8BE5-4E6DCED18CA1.jpeg

1B6BB9D7-E3EB-43EA-916F-B8F6EA943907.jpeg

• PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD-HD 7 TX
  • TaylorMade M6 15* - PX HZRDUS Green 80 TX
  • Titleist 913 Fd 18* - MCA KuroKage XMS 90 X /// OR /// Callaway XForged UT 20* - Aldila Rogue Black 105 TX
  • Srixon Z745 4-P - PX LZ 7.0
  • Vokey SM7 49F / 53F / 58K - DG TI S400
  • Odyssey Black #3 34”
  • Titleist AVX

I spent today with driver in hand to get some  numbers. I took smacks with e12, current RX and with white box RX.

I am reporting here the average white box RX results for 50 shots

Club Speed 100

Ball Speed 138

Spin 2810

Launch angle 15º

Carry Yard 208

Total Yard 227

To be honest, some to the results were sent lower because of a few of my inconsistencies.  Still, if I would have those average numbers in a round, I would be very well pleased. What pleased me the most was a deviation only 5' from line.  My tendency to pull a it beyond fade was really minimal. My sometimes thin shots left no marks or smudges

Will be tested with a round soon.

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 Super Bowl Champions Bag  :  :ping: G410 Plus, Alta Red CB 55 SR Flex, GX-7 14º(acting as a 3 wood),  :ping:   G400 4H, 5H. Sr Flex,   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges graphite SR Shafts (50º, 56º, 60º),  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g :bridgestone: e12 for the items I try to hit on purposematte red, so I can see them. :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

On 1/24/2020 at 5:56 PM, yungkory said:

Played 9 holes after work today and I'm seeing a lot of the same with this ball as the previous generation.

Longer off every club, decent stopping power from 50y and out, but within that and around the green -- not so much. Have to account for much more roll out than the V1x.

Well, I have to come back and straighten this out.

I was going through my bag because I'm playing tomorrow morning and wanted to make sure I had 2020 Tour B X's in there to keep testing with. I was pulling balls out to inspect the ball I used on Friday and I was shocked when I realized it was the 2018 version 🤦‍♂️. I'm glad they changed the text/graphics on the ball or I wouldn't have confirmed it. So, scratch what I said on Friday about the spin around the green not being different -- it wasn't different because it was the same ball LOL!

On 1/21/2020 at 12:49 PM, dalejbrass said:

Took a few years off golf dealing with and ultimately healing from a complete replacement of my right hip. Prior to the surgery, I was playing to a 7 handicap. Post surgery and 3 years later, I started my 2019 season as a 13 handicap. My current handicap is 5.8 on a tight private golf course in the middle of a marsh. Finding fairways and greens is at a premium here!

That's awesome... and quite a testament to advances in medical technology/procedures. 

To all the testers, is anyone evaluating ball balance/CG?  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

8 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

That's awesome... and quite a testament to advances in medical technology/procedures. 

Ball balance and CG, I am not testing for that in my eval. Not sure on others

My work schedule should slow down a bit after this week.. 🤞🏼

Planning on a next Saturday round with the XS’, been pitching with a couple out in the yard with various different clubs up to 120 yards. Right now I can get 7 of the 9 trajectory windows with them at 100 yards with a PW... but that’s probably just me, the Medium Draw and the low Fade just don’t click right now. I’ll get there.

I plan to play solely with these Bridgestone’s all year. If/when I run out I will be purchasing some to restock. I may buy a box of the X to test alongside when they come to retail.

Being a short game fanatic, most of my testing will be done within that 150 yard mark. I don’t really care what the ball feels like off the driver, as long as it doesn’t ballon or knuckle ball. Mid and long irons same thing, the object is to advance the ball far enough to get in range of a 8/9 iron or lower.

I don’t have any access to launch monitors or any other tech, so all my testing will be as seen in person.

Played, poorly, today but made sure I used the prototype B X this time. Since I pretty much know the ball is good in terms of distance, I’m mostly focusing my testing on how well they hold greens. Greens were nice and receptive today, they must’ve gave them a good watering this morning.

First hole, 54* from 80 yards out that went 82 according to arccos, I actually got it to move back an inch. Perfect for me because I don’t try to fly pins and bring the ball back, I like to hit a number and have the ball finish at that number.

B07E5F6C-CA99-4CD5-A5C8-23A620996172.thumb.jpeg.7965a7f7dadbe48cc64ce9cb30a5e6d2.jpeg

This was an 8i from 144 into a little breezeEA91B67C-B521-4808-AA3F-4B8304A7E7B8.thumb.jpeg.c83af9e12a6695c43f339b7a306d0a71.jpeg

Sorry I don’t have more examples to show, I was hitting the ball like trash today, but I’m glad this ball spins enough on approach shots for me, TBD on chips and pitches still.

My work schedule should slow down a bit after this week.. 🤞🏼

Planning on a next Saturday round with the XS’, been pitching with a couple out in the yard with various different clubs up to 120 yards. Right now I can get 7 of the 9 trajectory windows with them at 100 yards with a PW... but that’s probably just me, the Medium Draw and the low Fade just don’t click right now. I’ll get there.

I plan to play solely with these Bridgestone’s all year. If/when I run out I will be purchasing some to restock. I may buy a box of the X to test alongside when they come to retail.

Being a short game fanatic, most of my testing will be done within that 150 yard mark. I don’t really care what the ball feels like off the driver, as long as it doesn’t ballon or knuckle ball. Mid and long irons same thing, the object is to advance the ball far enough to get in range of a 8/9 iron or lower.

I don’t have any access to launch monitors or any other tech, so all my testing will be as seen in person.

And so I lied... this is unreal! Still playing this weekend but man... I need a golfcation!!

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

First thing I did was my standard putter sound test. 

The XS is noticeably softer/deeper/more muted than the X. 

Both are softer/more muted than the 2019 Srixon Z Star XV 

The softness of the XS is still taking me some adjustment.  I putted much better yesterday though.  Had a few uphill putts and I got it to the hole much better.

I made it out for a quick walk of a few holes yesterday evening.  I had actually typed this all up yesterday, but the app crashed on my phone, I got mad, and didn’t feel like typing it all over.  Anyhow, more of the same really.  The XS is amazing off the driver, ditto on the irons and wedges.  I did have a sand shot yesterday though.  Sand is firm and compacted with all the rain we’ve had lately.  When it’s like this, I typically play the ball more in the middle of my stance, still opening up but not laying the face as open as I would if it were soft.  It doesn’t generate as much spin as much this way, but it makes for a consistent out.  The shot...was about 20 yards across the green.  Ball hit about 5’ short and rolled out about 3’ past the hole.  I dropped a ZStar and duplicated the shot.  Human inconsistency here, but the ZStar landed about 15’ short and rolled to about 5’.  

I’ve said the one thing that has captivated me more than anything with this ball is the distance off the tee.  Here’s a pic from two very well struck drives, gap was right at 14 paces.

98B99268-EEBA-4C03-BE05-5AE02ED9A219.jpeg

• PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD-HD 7 TX
  • TaylorMade M6 15* - PX HZRDUS Green 80 TX
  • Titleist 913 Fd 18* - MCA KuroKage XMS 90 X /// OR /// Callaway XForged UT 20* - Aldila Rogue Black 105 TX
  • Srixon Z745 4-P - PX LZ 7.0
  • Vokey SM7 49F / 53F / 58K - DG TI S400
  • Odyssey Black #3 34”
  • Titleist AVX

I am reporting here some white box RX results.

ball Speed 130

launch angle 21º

Average distance 210

deviation 6 yards

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 Super Bowl Champions Bag  :  :ping: G410 Plus, Alta Red CB 55 SR Flex, GX-7 14º(acting as a 3 wood),  :ping:   G400 4H, 5H. Sr Flex,   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges graphite SR Shafts (50º, 56º, 60º),  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g :bridgestone: e12 for the items I try to hit on purposematte red, so I can see them. :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

I'm happy to report that I've apparently found what little golf game I do have again, so all hope is not lost! 

I got out for 9 this afternoon and put the Tour B X in play again. Here are some thoughts on today's outing. 

Off the tee: The main thing I'm noticing is much straighter ball flight, which is a good thing. My tee shots, when struck well, are holding their line at a lovely mid-high ball flight. I don't have any data to back this up, but the Tour B X does seem a touch longer than the Pro V1x for me. I'll get on a launch monitor eventually to see if this is actually the case! 

Iron shots: I lost quite a few strokes in the approach area today, but for the most part I noticed straighter ball flight and slightly longer shots with my irons as well. 

Wedge shots: This is where I was impressed with the Tour B X today. The first shot (pictured) was from 62 yards to 18', and as you can see from the ball mark, it hit, checked up and barely rolled out. The second shot was a pitch from 18 yards, that hopped and checked up to like 1'. I was pleasantly surprised with the action I was seeing around the green. 

IMG_0928.thumb.JPG.b9ff1835e270de084d4d5817d8b30420.JPG

Putting: I do like the feel of the Tour B X off the putter. I'd describe it as a medium firm feel if that's a thing. I know feel is always super subjective, but this ball isn't overly 'clicky' and is most definitely not mushy. 

My plan moving forward is to continue playing the Tour B X and once I can shake down one of these shops down I'm going to do a compare and contrast with the Tour B X, Pro V1 and Pro V1x. 

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

5 hours ago, DrMJG said:

Played 18 with only my white ball stash. Played whole round with same ball.

Simply put: the best round I have played in close to 3 decades!

Played men's forward tees 5310 yards.  TOTAL SCORE: 78!!  NO penalties, NO 6's, 11 pars, 2 fairway sand traps that did not affect scores at all

30 putts, 85% fairways off the tee.

HOLE 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 OUT 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 IN TOT Handicap: 16.6
RED65.10/105 305 425 310 135 320 315 330 85 445 2670 360 370 140 450 360 105 150 265 440 2640 5310 Course Hdcp: 10
PAR 4 5 4 3 4 4 4 3 5 36 4 4 3 5 4 3 3 4 5 35 71  
INDEX 13 11 3 15 9 7 5 17 1   2 14 12 10 18 8 16 4     HCP NET

My Score      4   5    4   3    5    5     4    4     4      39     4   5   3     5     5    4   3   5   5      39     78     10.     68

I am NOT crazy enough to claim the ball was the cause to my best score since the late 1980s.  however...

Drives were longer than ever: 210-235 on all driver uses, and well centered in terms of line.  Some of that must be the result of comfort with my PING G410+ driver.  I have only had it for just over 2 months. Still every time better results. Perhaps a solid combination of both additions.

The greatest improvement was in the way the ball bit on wedges and chips.  I think I had saved 4-6 strokes on that alone.

Add a few lucky breaks, good putting and no penalties, I am ecstatic. 

It is fair to add that as this was the first time playing the RX on course; it had to have a solid contribution

golf-2.jpeg

Congrats to you and your great round!!!!

Edited by Trial&Error

9 hours ago, DrMJG said:

Played 18 with only my white ball stash. Played whole round with same ball.

Simply put: the best round I have played in close to 3 decades!

Played men's forward tees 5310 yards.  TOTAL SCORE: 78!!  NO penalties, NO 6's, 11 pars, 2 fairway sand traps that did not affect scores at all

30 putts, 85% fairways off the tee.

HOLE 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 OUT 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 IN TOT Handicap: 16.6
RED65.10/105 305 425 310 135 320 315 330 85 445 2670 360 370 140 450 360 105 150 265 440 2640 5310 Course Hdcp: 10
PAR 4 5 4 3 4 4 4 3 5 36 4 4 3 5 4 3 3 4 5 35 71  
INDEX 13 11 3 15 9 7 5 17 1   2 14 12 10 18 8 16 4     HCP NET

My Score      4   5    4   3    5    5     4    4     4      39     4   5   3     5     5    4   3   5   5      39     78     10.     68

I am NOT crazy enough to claim the ball was the cause to my best score since the late 1980s.  however...

Drives were longer than ever: 210-235 on all driver uses, and well centered in terms of line.  Some of that must be the result of comfort with my PING G410+ driver.  I have only had it for just over 2 months. Still every time better results. Perhaps a solid combination of both additions.

The greatest improvement was in the way the ball bit on wedges and chips.  I think I had saved 4-6 strokes on that alone.

Add a few lucky breaks, good putting and no penalties, I am ecstatic. 

It is fair to add that as this was the first time playing the RX on course; it had to have a solid contribution

golf-2.jpeg

Way to go DrMJG  !!!!!!!!!

I know how you feel I broke 80 for the first time of my life two weeks ago!  That was using Pro V1x just the day before receiving the Bridgestones.

So the pressure will be on the Tour B RXS Image result for pressure meme funny

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

After putting for an hour with both balls last night and for another 45 minutes tonight, I'm becoming addicted to the sound and feel of the XS. The two putters I used were my Evnroll ER2 and Scotty Select Newport, so both solid milled putters (though evnroll's grooves provide a softer feel than the Scotty). 

I don't have an insert putter to test with, but I could see where those with an insert in their putter could find the XS too soft. 

Don't get me wrong, the B X is by no means overly firm (especially when it compared to the zstar XV), but it provides a noticeably louder and higher put he'd sound off of both of my putters. I find the sound similar to the 2018 B X. 

After putting for an hour with both balls last night and for another 45 minutes tonight, I'm becoming addicted to the sound and feel of the XS. The two putters I used were my Evnroll ER2 and Scotty Select Newport, so both solid milled putters (though evnroll's grooves provide a softer feel than the Scotty). 
I don't have an insert putter to test with, but I could see where those with an insert in their putter could find the XS too soft. 
Don't get me wrong, the B X is by no means overly firm (especially when it compared to the zstar XV), but it provides a noticeably louder and higher put he'd sound off of both of my putters. I find the sound similar to the 2018 B X. 

The first thing I noticed about the XS was that feel. My PING Anser has grooves and I love that combo as well. Same with the wedges, a very unique feel. Not mushy but not firm. Nice dead sound off them, not a click to be heard.

As with many here on the Bridgestone White Box Review, the sound is different from what I have played and it has taken a bit of time to adjust.  I do like it, especially while putting; sounds solid and sure.

In my pitch and chip practice this week, I have fallen in love with my new found ability to hold the greens.  Sorry my beloved Bridgestone e12, you now may be replaced! I have even had a ball or two spin nicely back. This has never been a strong skill of mine. I was never able to create enough spin to do that well.

The bite has even forced me to keep my ball mark repair tool at the ready. I new demand for my game! 

I will be playing a familiar course tomorrow with many challenges for my skills: longer yardage, narrower fairways, lots of sand, water, and greens with quite a bit of roll. Last time I played this course, I felt happy to just hit under triple digits. 

I do not expect to do as well as I did earlier this week,  but will again allow me to see how this ball will help an old geezer such as me.  

cc7dc3dee80a2b6ec87b02934354d7b7.jpg

Edited by DrMJG

Spent an hour and a half at the putting a chipping green this afternoon with the XS and X.  Both balls performed to well.  Didn't really hit anything further than about 25 yard pitches, but had no problem controlling the flight or spin of either ball.  The XS continues to shine from a feel perspective, while the X is still no slouch in terms of feel for as firm a ball as it is.  Going to be 60 degrees here on Monday so I will be heading to the course for 18.  Really looking forward to hitting some full iron shots with each ball.

cant wait to hear the results.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Played 18 today and continued to see a lot of what I've been seeing:

• Ball seems a little longer
  • Doesn't feel as "sticky" around the greens as a V1X

What I also noticed today is it seems like a more "boring" or flat flight compared to V1X. I was 2' from an ace from 165 out, probably would've guaranteed a spot in my bag if that happened. Felt like a jerk because the guy we played with hit one to 4' right before that, and I put it inside of his, whoops!

8 hours ago, yungkory said:

Played 18 today and continued to see a lot of what I've been seeing:

• Ball seems a little longer
  • Doesn't feel as "sticky" around the greens as a V1X

What I also noticed today is it seems like a more "boring" or flat flight compared to V1X. I was 2' from an ace from 165 out, probably would've guaranteed a spot in my bag if that happened. Felt like a jerk because the guy we played with hit one to 4' right before that, and I put it inside of his, whoops!

Interesting on the stickiness around the greens. Full shots are good though? 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Interesting on the stickiness around the greens. Full shots are good though? 

It seems to hold greens fairly well on full shots, and while it’s an improved around the greens over its predecessor, the Pro V1 is still king IMO.

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

On 1/26/2020 at 8:14 AM, fixyurdivot said:

I spent some time checking the balance of all of my Bridgestone Tour B RXS Prototype and several 2019 Titleist ProV1x  balls.

Played a round of golf. Found eight random ball on the very wet golf course ( cart path only for the fifth round in a row! ).

Tested the random found balls later that night. I also weighed all of the balls.

IMG_1965.thumb.JPG.81b17acc30593a2a2bb35c425706ea7e.JPG

All of the Bridgestone Tour B RXS prototypes and all Titleist ProV1x 2019 and previous season editions were balanced. All weighed 40 grams.

The eight random found golf balls were all unbalanced !   These eight balls were major manufacture balls Bridgestone, Callaway, Taylor Made, Snell, Srixon, and Titleist. The thing they had in common was they were found on a very wet and muddy golf course. I'm done playing found or renewed golf balls period. Curiously they all weighed 40 grams.IMG_1973.thumb.JPG.a44f1c0b3d67ec3f3293519d9890d160.JPG

I did find one ball a few weeks ago that I have kept as a reminder of my club testing Lynx Blackcat ( Who knew they had a ball?).

It did test balanced. But it only weighed 37 grams. Don't know what to think about that. 

IMG_1971.thumb.JPG.84bacaaeeac58d9f5d96a0b5536b8c25.JPGIMG_1974.thumb.JPG.a05db8abc3a7b516b27c70de05fb9787.JPG

As I said I played a round of golf the day after 3 inches of rain and temperature was a breezy high of 56 and thick cloud cover. Kind of miserable golf conditions so I really can only say this ball plays well off the driver and full iron shots. The jury is still out on short game performance and I'm still struggling a bit with putting distance control with the Tour B RXS.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green