TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Official Member Review: Bridgestone White Box Ball

GolfSpy MPR

New round today was nowhere as good a the other day, and, given my usual problems with this course, it was still somewhat better than usual.

Course 73.2/128

Score 92, 39 putts (left way too many way too long when I hit the green). Only 17 GIR, Not as many FIR as well. 

Two balls sent swimming and one shot into the trees past a green. So penalties plus the most lost balls for the year.

In reality, most shots that were "off" were just enough off to make playing the round seem greatly unplanned. 7i usually short, and 6i usually a bit long.

All the penalties would not have existed with no more than 5-8 yards less oomph.

Mostly operator error, who may have tried too hard in terms of trying for yards. Still, perhaps the best round at this course for me and we did not play forward tees this time.  Perhaps I am complaining too much as I came in second in my foursomes. Hard to accept a very mediocre round after a great one! More next week!

Inthe rough.jpeg

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 Super Bowl Champions Bag  :  :ping: G410 Plus, Alta Red CB 55 SR Flex, GX-7 14º(acting as a 3 wood),  :ping:   G400 4H, 5H. Sr Flex,   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges graphite SR Shafts (50º, 56º, 60º),  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g :bridgestone: e12 for the items I try to hit on purposematte red, so I can see them. :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

I’ll be honest, with another successful round in the books I’m getting a bit of a Harry Potter wand buying experience here. This ball definitely feels like it is made for my game. To be fair, some of what I like is that it isn’t a ProV1. I was playing a round with both last week and, despite playing with custom ProV1 “9’s” that I got for Christmas, someone still blatantly picked my ball up from the rough between holes and refused to admit it wasn’t there’s and wouldn’t show me the ball. I’m not one to make a scene, so I didn’t push it (still frustrating, it was awesome that my fiancé went out of her way to buy me those). That seems to happen a lot less when it isn’t a ProV1. I also watched this dude’s next shot...he doesn’t need to be playing ProV’s! Get fit for golf balls! Stop being a douche!

I can’t say I have much to add, the ball does everything I’d want it to. It feels slightly softer than the ProV off the wedges, but I’m not losing any distance. I think I’ve gained a small amount of yardage off the tee, but it’s difficult to say without getting on a launch monitor and seeing the numbers. I’m hoping to get on some firm greens soon, to see how well the ball bites compared to the somewhat soft surfaces I’ve been playing. I’ve been able to take very aggressive approaches into these greens, so it’ll be interesting to see if I can do the same on a firm surface, or if the ball will release. 

I don’t want to say this ball is the best thing since sliced bread. What I can say is that it seems to fit my game really well. I feel more confident when I’m hitting shots, which leads to better results. I don’t get frustrated the ball doesn’t do what I want when I hit a good one. I’d love to see a bigger sample size of Bridgestones virtual fitting video, but in my experience it worked as advertised. I think the real lesson here is that getting fit for every aspect of the golf game is important if you want to experience the best results possible. 

Hoping to join @DrMJG in the sub 80 club here sooner than later! I’m hovering between 81-84 with this ball, so I’m close!

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

12 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Interesting on the stickiness around the greens. Full shots are good though? 

Yeah, basically hop and stop for me on full shots, even with the flatter ball flight. From 50y and out, I'm not having any issues "controlling" the spin from fairways. I put that in quotes because I'm not going to pretend like I'm as good at golf as tour pros or people who have a variety of shots they play. I can play a low or high one, but I'm no magician playing 2-hop zippers that cozy up next to the cup on command. It could just be something I would need to get used to since I've been playing the V1X for close to 12 months know how it performs around the green, but I'm still leaning towards it just being a "spinnier" ball. Going to hit the practice greens with them to confirm rather than just playing rounds. I was trying to be more organic by testing them in round, but I think it's a good idea before I do any finalized type of test.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Played 18 today and continued to see a lot of what I've been seeing:
  • Ball seems a little longer
  • Doesn't feel as "sticky" around the greens as a V1X
What I also noticed today is it seems like a more "boring" or flat flight compared to V1X. I was 2' from an ace from 165 out, probably would've guaranteed a spot in my bag if that happened. Felt like a jerk because the guy we played with hit one to 4' right before that, and I put it inside of his, whoops!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I was one of the lucky ones to receive the 2020 Bridgestone TourB RX for testing. As I live Michigan my opportunities to play right now are limited. But as luck would have it I received the balls 2 days before my trip to the World Golf Hall of Fame. 

I played 18 today, the Slammer and Squire course and here are my thoughts on the new ball.

I was consistently 20 to 25 yards longer off the tee. Back in Michigan,last season my drives we're about 225. Here in Florida today I was consistently 245 to 250, and the best part I was middle of the fairway an astonishing 13 times. I have never been that successful on the course.  As for putting, I was blasting it past the hole for the first 9. On the back I started getting a better feel and  was getting them closer. My wedge game today was horrible so I can't really comment on that part of the ball, but I suspect it will be awesome as well.

Over all I can't wait for the release of this ball. My advice, if you don't plan Bridgestone, start....if you do play Bridgestone, retire your current supply and get the 2020 version...

Chris

IMG_20200131_005704830_MP.jpg

Edited by LeftyHawk

Far and Sure......

:callaway-small:          GBB Epic  11*             

:callaway-small:               GBB Epic 7W (Heavenwood)

:ping-small::             G410 4 thru GW

:callaway-logo-1:   MD3 54*,60*                                                         

:cleveland-small:         Huntington Beach Soft #4

:bridgestone-small:   Tour B RX

Played 18 today.

Originally planned on swapping back and forth between the X and XS, but after two holes I decided to stick with the XS. There was a decent breeze, and really wanted to see how the XS performed.

Off the tee, the XS was a champ.  I his some absolute bombs and experienced no ballooning of any sorts.  

Off the irons, the XS was fantastic as well.  I hit two fantastic irons shots on back to back holes (one into the wind, one with the wind) that left me grinning with the flight and the stopping power of the XS.  The yardages I was seeing with the XS were no different than what I was accustomed to seeing with the 2018 B X and 2019 Srixon Z Star XV

With the wedges on full shots I was getting a ton of spin.  I actually have to learn to be more aggressive with my yardages with my wedges because the XS can spin back more than I am used to so I can actually play the full carry rather than going short and playing for the ball to release.

Around the greens is where the XS really shines.  I felt super in control of my ball and really enjoyed being able to be more aggressive with my chips and pitches rather than playing for more release.

Durability was fantastic.  Played one ball for all 18 and could probably start a new round with the same ball.  I hit 2 trees during the round and there wasn't any signs of scuffing or peeling on the cover.

Right now I am about 85% sure that the XS will be my gamer for 2020.  I want to give it a few more rounds (as well as give the B X a round or two) to make sure I am not sacrificing anything off the tee and not getting TOO much spin with my approach shots.

Pending wind conditions in the morning, I have a free day for 18. The boss was very generous and gave me a few days off.

It will be my first round in a while.

All Tour B XS, all day. Can’t wait to put these to the test off the long irons, and see how they react into cut greens.

Got to play my first round with the RX yesterday. Haven’t been able to play for three weeks so I was a bit rusty.

Some background: my ball of choice is the Srixon ZStar. They scored very well in the MGS reviews and worked well for me, especially with the irons and woods. But they didn’t seem to be great around the greens.

As for me I’m just north of 60 and a bit north of 275. I’ve been playing since my early 20s and after a career low index of 3.8 I’m now floating around 10.5. I’m a pretty good putter, and fairly accurate off the tees (65-70%). The key to my game, especially around our home (semi-private) course is hitting greens or getting up and down. The greens are relatively small and most are elevated, making short game performance even more challenging. So short game performance is very important.

I was surprised when Bridgestone recommended the RX for me, I think because I was rusty and inadequately warmed up when I filmed my video. I think my day to day swing speed is higher than what they estimated but whatever. I average 250-60 or so off the tee, 7-iron distance (PTxPro btw) is 160. Regardless I was grateful for the opportunity to be a tester.

One of the things I struggle with is trajectory with the driver. Some of that is swing, I’m sure, but it’s something I look for in ball selection. I was quite pleased with the trajectory that the RX produced off of all clubs. Higher with the driver, mid-to higher flight with long and mid irons, and a bit lower with the wedges.

It was quite windy yesterday, 10-20 steady with gusts higher. So it was a bit difficult to judge how well the ball was doing for distance. But it certainly didn’t seem to be detrimental. I hit some drives for very good distances and others that were impacted heavily by the wind - but no different than any other ball would have been.

I would call iron performance very good to excellent, even though I didn’t hit too many greens - windy, remember? One thing I did notice is that iron shots into the wind held their line very well. Backspin off the irons was excellent. Remember, this is the RX not the RXS. I hit a downhill (50 feet downhill) 8-iron from 176 with a slightly helping cross wind, dead on the flag, that finished about 25 feet short. Immediately behind its ball mark. And the greens were not spongy by any definition. I believe the ZStar would have released a few feet. I hit several iron shots that stopped very nicely. I was happy with the ball in that regard.

Where this ball really and pleasantly surprised me was in the short game. I hit several really good wedges into greens, and the control on pitches and chips was terrific. Lots of partial shot spin. And in putting the ball felt great. Soft feel (quiet at impact). Easy to control for distance - not like the Wilson TourX I tested, which I felt was hot off the putter.

All said, I shot an adjusted 84 with 3 lost balls. Pleased with that with so little play and no practice over the last couple of months.

I look forward to more rounds with this ball and will report as they occur. Thanks again for the testing opp, and thanks for reading this long post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

------------------------------

Driver:   Titleist TSr2 11 - UST Helium 5F3

Fairway: Titleist TS2 16.5 and 21 - Evenflow Riptide CB R

Irons: Titleist U505 4U and T300 5-GW - Aerotech SteelFiber i80 R

Wedges:  Cleveland Black RTX ZipCore 54 and Full Face 58 - True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge 

Putter:  Odyssey TriHot 5K TripleWide

Bag:  Titleist 15 Cart

On 2/1/2020 at 1:20 PM, daviddvm said:

You still gaming those cats?

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

Edited by azstu324

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Question for us all: How well the  ball you were sent to try out match you and/or your game, regardless of what you usually play or in comparison to other spheres?  Did the Bridgestone ball fit for this evaluation do well by you?

Mine, the RX not only was a good fit, I was very pleasantly surprised.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 Super Bowl Champions Bag  :  :ping: G410 Plus, Alta Red CB 55 SR Flex, GX-7 14º(acting as a 3 wood),  :ping:   G400 4H, 5H. Sr Flex,   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges graphite SR Shafts (50º, 56º, 60º),  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g :bridgestone: e12 for the items I try to hit on purposematte red, so I can see them. :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Yes I believe the RX is a good fit for my game. And yes I’m surprised. From what I can tell it spins more than the old RXS around the greens. I like it a lot. Wouldn’t mind testing the RXS too. Anyone want to trade 6 or a dozen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

------------------------------

Driver:   Titleist TSr2 11 - UST Helium 5F3

Fairway: Titleist TS2 16.5 and 21 - Evenflow Riptide CB R

Irons: Titleist U505 4U and T300 5-GW - Aerotech SteelFiber i80 R

Wedges:  Cleveland Black RTX ZipCore 54 and Full Face 58 - True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge 

Putter:  Odyssey TriHot 5K TripleWide

Bag:  Titleist 15 Cart

2 hours ago, DrMJG said:

Question for us all: How well the  ball you were sent to try out match you and/or your game, regardless of what you usually play or in comparison to other spheres?  Did the Bridgestone ball fit for this evaluation do well by you?

I'm kind of a tweener speed, similar to the driver fittings I've had -- I'm usually between a stiff and x-stiff according to fitters. I think the same thing applies to the v-fit. I was discussing it with @mr.hicksta before we submitted our videos and wondered where I would sit in their algorithm. I believe I could fit into the X or the RX depending on the day honestly.

I have gamed the XS on and off for a few seasons. I always play well, enjoy the feel of it, and amazed by its performance.

Yet still.... I always revert back to ProV1 at some point, I don’t know why.

I haven’t tried the X, RX, or RXS yet. I might try them this year, but I do believe it is time to ditch my Pro V1 habit.

I’ve tried the Z-Star, Wilson FG Tour and Duo Pri, V1(x), AVX, Chrome Soft(x), Max-Fli, TM TP5(x), and the Snell MTB-X all within the last year. Only one really stands out from those not having a B on it. Ok 2, the AVX, and the TP5. I’ve always been drawn to the charmin type of golf ball.

My favorite ball to date is the 2015 Wilson FG Tour... but they are losing ground to the B-Stone.

As far as fitting my game? I hope so, it is what I expected.

Pending wind conditions in the morning, I have a free day for 18. The boss was very generous and gave me a few days off.

It will be my first round in a while.

All Tour B XS, all day. Can’t wait to put these to the test off the long irons, and see how they react into cut greens.

And here’s the rain... you’ve got to be kidding me.

13 hours ago, azstu324 said:

Nope, I played with them through my club championship last November. I won my flight but the black cats didn't seem to have the same feel once the temperatures dropped into the 40s and 50s this winter. Maybe the goo they fill them with doesn"t have the same spring  when cold? I don't know...I just was really struggling with my approach numbers so I put my 916 AP1 6-GW irons back in the bag along with a 5 hybrid. They renewed my iron play immediately and just three weeks ago I broke 80 for the first time in my life with a slick 77 on my home course! 

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

10 hours ago, DrMJG said:

I'm still on the fence about the Tour B RXS ball I was fit for. The feel of the cover is a bit slicker than the ProV1x I usually play and is definitely hotter off the putter which is hurting my scoring. The launch off of Driver, F-metals, and irons is lower but I have not seen any loss of distance. We have been cart path only since receiving the balls from Bridgestone which has really hampered evaluation of these balls. Playing in the mud is not ideal for sure.

Related imageImage result for muddy golfer meme

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

12 hours ago, DrMJG said:

Yeah I think it's a decent match. V-Fit is pretty slick and I'd be interested to see if I was still fit for the same ball in a live fitting. 

Having gamed Bridgestone golf balls on and off since 2016, I'm continually impressed with the quality, but whether I'll be gaming the Tour B X long term is TBD at the moment. 

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

18 in the books.

Garbage round of golf. I donated 3 of these brand new XS to the tree trolls.

I’m out of sorts a bit. Blocked a bunch, but on average I think I’m losing some distance with the XS. Coming up short by about 10 yards with each stick. Didn’t see any ballooning. But I backed up a 5 iron on a green.

Could be me, like I said I was off today.

Going to try for a round on Sunday to make sure this was an anomaly...

Today was extremely windy. No one in their right mind would even attempt to hit golf balls, except me of course.

100 yard shots directly into the wind from my yard. These things hold their line true!

I was hitting 7,8,9,PW working on different trajectory shots to get there.

The 7 iron I could take enough spin off not the get the elevator effect. Was about a 3/4 swing to get it there... if I had turned around and hit a big high cut it would have made it across the Chesapeake Bay... ok I’ll try it next time.

What I'm seeing from the Tour B X consistently is slightly more distance than the Pro V1x and Pro V1, shots holding their line (when I'm not swinging like a jerk) and pretty decent action on iron/wedge shots in the 100-175 range. The new Reactiv cover is solid, too. Where there's a clear difference, however, is around the green. I've been able to get a little action on some chip and pitch shots, but more often than not those types of shots will run out instead of that checking up. [mention=72400]yungkory[/mention] and I were talking today during lunch before our round and while both of us both got V-Fit for the Tour B X, we were both at 109 MPH, which makes me wonder if the Tour B RX may have been a better fit.

I'm going to keep testing the Tour B X out the next couple weeks, and I suspect I'll confirm what I've already seen. Also, while playing today, I let a friend of mine who is a high speed player (115+ at least) and he was raving about how much he liked them. It was evident by the way he was absolutely pummeling the ball! While it's just one round, the performance I saw leads me to believe the Tour B X is a perfect fit for those with swings getting towards 120 MPH, but I suppose it ultimately comes down to a ball doing what each person prefers! 

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

I know Bridgestone already beat us to the punch on this one, but if I can still find my ball by the end of the round I’m playing in the morning...

✂️✂️✂️

It’s going down!

#finditcutit

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Still a lot of the same for me. Distance is up, but I can't get these to check like the V1x does. @mr.hicksta and I gave a ball to a buddy he introduced me to -- dude plays scratch and to call him a solid ball striker is an understatement. He also has quite a bit more speed than we do and the ball definitely reacts better for him. Dude was absolutely crushing it, and he loved the firm feel where I would prefer it to be a little softer. I think the 105+ measurement that Bridgestone uses is more of a suggestion than something to live by, I think I could definitely play the RX as well, if not better, than the X.

6 hours ago, yungkory said:

Still a lot of the same for me. Distance is up, but I can't get these to check like the V1x does. @mr.hicksta and I gave a ball to a buddy he introduced me to -- dude plays scratch and to call him a solid ball striker is an understatement. He also has quite a bit more speed than we do and the ball definitely reacts better for him. Dude was absolutely crushing it, and he loved the firm feel where I would prefer it to be a little softer. I think the 105+ measurement that Bridgestone uses is more of a suggestion than something to live by, I think I could definitely play the RX as well, if not better, than the X.

XS dude. 

7 hours ago, yungkory said:

We’ve got about the same swing speed and I had similar thoughts last summer with the BX.  Out of the las gen I tested the XS and the RX as well, the XS is by far the way to go for my game.  It’s got the best short game spin out of those 3 by far.  

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

8 hours ago, yungkory said:

I agree with the others. The XS is the way to go. Did you put distance as what you care most about the ball for the questions that go with the video? I put feel, and the XS has not failed to deliver. Out of probably 100 or so holes, I’ve only had one shot leak out on the green with a scoring iron. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

2 hours ago, jlukes said:

XS dude. 

Yep...I’m working on my official review now.  I’ve already seen enough to know this is going to be my ball for the foreseeable future.  Plan to stock up this coming Friday.

• PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD-HD 7 TX
  • TaylorMade M6 15* - PX HZRDUS Green 80 TX
  • Titleist 913 Fd 18* - MCA KuroKage XMS 90 X /// OR /// Callaway XForged UT 20* - Aldila Rogue Black 105 TX
  • Srixon Z745 4-P - PX LZ 7.0
  • Vokey SM7 49F / 53F / 58K - DG TI S400
  • Odyssey Black #3 34”
  • Titleist AVX

If you were longer at Sea Level than in Michigan they must really be long - unless the courses in Northeast Florida are dryer than over here - February through May is normally when the ball goes the farthest for us because things dry out - not this year though - every time we start to dry out it’s rained heavily - happened again on Thursday night.

Thanks for the write up.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Guys, you have all done an amazing job discussing these balls and you have me looking to get a dozen once they hit the stores. I picked up some prior generation BX balls when they went on sale a couple of months ago and liked them, but didn't love them. I recently went on their website, answered some questions, and got recommended the B RXS and will give them a try. I planned on doing the VFit this weekend, but some snow threw that out the window.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

On 2/3/2020 at 11:12 PM, DrMJG said:

For me the video fit was spot on. I had done quite a bit of research and testing on my own and have been playing the TourB RX all last season, so the video fit confirmed my results. This new RX is simply better than the 2019 version in all aspects. There is no doubt in my mind that my scores and handicap will be dropping next season. Not to shabby for a guy hitting 60 this month. According to USGA handicap system I'm a 5.3, hoping to get close to 1 by the end of the season...

Chris

Far and Sure......

:callaway-small:          GBB Epic  11*             

:callaway-small:               GBB Epic 7W (Heavenwood)

:ping-small::             G410 4 thru GW

:callaway-logo-1:   MD3 54*,60*                                                         

:cleveland-small:         Huntington Beach Soft #4

:bridgestone-small:   Tour B RX