TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Official Member Review: Bridgestone White Box Ball

GolfSpy MPR

Review is up, sans spending to much time fighting some format errors which plagued, and limiting word count.

Boiled down, for me and this ball, the Tour BX........I was playing only Srixon Z-Star XV and ProV1x's last year. Suffice it to say, this year will be Z-Star XV AND Bridgestone Tour BX. I already had 4 dozen Z-Star XV's in closet before getting picked for this so I'll play those, but the B'stone for me will certainly replace the Prov1x as an option. Tour BX just gets through the wind much better for me with irons and off tee with Driver. I fight spin and the ProV1x's (for me) get to much "float" when compared this Tour BX

EDIT: and the Tour BX cover durability, far surpassed the other two balls mentioned in my opinion. That cover survives extremely well I thought

Edited by Trial&Error

3 hours ago, Trial&Error said:

EDIT: and the Tour BX cover durability, far surpassed the other two balls mentioned in my opinion. That cover survives extremely well I thought

This, IMO, is a really important factor. 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

3 hours ago, Trial&Error said:

Review is up, sans spending to much time fighting some format errors which plagued, and limiting word count.

Boiled down, for me and this ball, the Tour BX........I was playing only Srixon Z-Star XV and ProV1x's last year. Suffice it to say, this year will be Z-Star XV AND Bridgestone Tour BX. I already had 4 dozen Z-Star XV's in closet before getting picked for this so I'll play those, but the B'stone for me will certainly replace the Prov1x as an option. Tour BX just gets through the wind much better for me with irons and off tee with Driver. I fight spin and the ProV1x's (for me) get to much "float" when compared this Tour BX

Agreed, I only have 2 rounds with B X but it holds up better than 2019 V1X. Which to me has been the least durable cover on a Pro V in a long time. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

13 hours ago, Shankster said:

Hopefully heading out in the am... 28° it says for the Frost Sweepers...

Need another round before I get my review up.

Wish me luck. 🥶

I think that's the temp they keep game time hockey pucks - might mask the "feel" part of your review.  Have fun.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Hopefully heading out in the am... 28° it says for the Frost Sweepers...

Need another round before I get my review up.

Wish me luck. 🥶

Damn luck, I wish you warmth

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

***NOT AN OFFICIAL TESTER****  I hope y'all do not mind my two cents being added to this post.  I bought the Tour B X, as it is what I am familiar with, but I intend to use the V-fit once I get past my off-season rust.  My first impressions was that Bridgestone stepped up their game with the visuals, I liked the graphic on the box. It's a vanity thing but imo it really seems they are wanting to move up in sales and it has shelf appeal.  Now as far as the ball itself, when I first touched the ball, I was blown away by the texture of the cover, and the dimple pattern looks noticeably different than the previous generation. My current gamer is the Pro v1x, but I did try the 2018 model Tour B X last summer, so I will compare this one with both models. 

2020 Tour B X Round 1- I put this ball in play without practicing at all with the ball prior to my round, I really wanted to go into this in game mode without any ideas of how it would preform and just see how it would go.  It was a chilly, windy and a little rainy day in College Station, so the odds were not in its favor, nut I had the best round of the season so far and I really enjoyed this ball. It is very firm off the woods, and solid off my irons, so I can really notice the "REACTIV" cover is not just a marketing term, and I will touch more on this when I compare it to the previous model. As I mentioned earlier the cover is noticeably textured, and I am not sure if it was subconsciously adjusting but I really felt confident standing over the ball when 60 yards and in, and had the best pitching day I have had ever. The ball really checked up, and I had several pitches from 50-60 yards that I left within 3 feet, and for me that is exceptional and unlike my game. All I can really chalk that up to is that I felt like that cover was gonna make it stop, and I could really put a confident swing on it and it preformed amazing!  On well struck hits the ball held its line perfectly, which was needed on a day that the wind gusts were 30 mph. Another highlight of the cover and spin claims, I hit an 8-iron out of the deep stuff( 2" thin grass) I hit it clean and it launched high, when it hit the green it rolled out about 5 feet. I was very impressed with the stopping power it had for a distance, not the spin ball in the line-up. I rotated a sleeve throughout the round, when one was plugged in mud I would switch it with a clean one( lift,clean,and place). I hit a tree and a cart path funny enough, and in several bunkers all cleaned up and miraculously all 3 balls survived the round(rare) and all three look brand new.   

2020 Tour BX vs 2018 Tour BX-  This is not a same day comparison, so this will not be a performance based comparison, but I have a ball or two left and can do that when I have a free day.  The big difference is in the cover, the big reason I did not make the previous generation my gamer is because it felt too soft. Off the tee, I felt like I was hitting a tennis ball. The 2018 was long and straight and had great durability, I just wanted more spin on my short shots, and a firmer ball. Enter "REACTIV" cover, from the first hit off the tee I was amazed, it didn't even feel like the same ball. It was not a rock or hitting marbles, it just felt strong is the best way I can describe the way it felt. Then with the irons it was softer, not soft, but again it felt solid. I had a great wedge day but I felt alot better about the chipping, and I was coming up short due to expecting more rollout that the previous model would give me. The durability is top notch as what I have noticed about Bridgestone balls. The 2018 was a great ball, but 2020 imo improved, and is an excellent ball. 

2020 Tour BXvs Current Gamer Pro V1x-  Again not a same day comparison, but can do one in the future. Pro V1's have always been my go to ball, I will try a different brand but always gravitate back to Titleist. I play(ed) the X for the spin it had over the Pro V1. I like the confidence I get knowing they make a great product and have alot of checks the balls go through, same as Bridgestone which are positives for both( I do not need another reason for a ball going off line). I stayed with Titleist over last years Bridgestone's due to the control I had on the greens. In this round I am playing my home course, and familiar with where I normally hit the ball, but still strike is king and I had a good day, and because of that I noticed increased distance even on a wet day. On the first tee I was introduced by the distance gains the BX gave me, I hit 3 wood where I normally hit driver( working on mental game and playing a more conservative appraoch help that, and thats why I was laying up), my 3 wood went where I normally hit my driver. I noticed this throughout the round, well struck shots were about a club longer. The major performance category that I base my ball decisions on is how it performs on the greens, and it performed much like the Titleist which is my Gold standard in that category. Something that is important to me is the durability, I would have to give that one to the Bridegstone, most of my Titleist's can go one round or one bunker and then it goes to my chipping bag, and so far the Bridgestone ball holds up a little better. So as far as I see it, the 2020 BX is a real contender, and checks all my boxes.  I will be doing further testing with it as it warms up, but this very well my be my new gamer. Thanks spies 

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

Just now, cjeffs12 said:

***NOT AN OFFICIAL TESTER****  I hope y'all do not mind my two cents being added to this post.  I bought the Tour B X, as it is what I am familiar with, but I intend to use the V-fit once I get past my off-season rust.  My first impressions was that Bridgestone stepped up their game with the visuals, I liked the graphic on the box. It's a vanity thing but imo it really seems they are wanting to move up in sales and it has shelf appeal.  Now as far as the ball itself, when I first touched the ball, I was blown away by the texture of the cover, and the dimple pattern looks noticeably different than the previous generation. My current gamer is the Pro v1x, but I did try the 2018 model Tour B X last summer, so I will compare this one with both models. 

2020 Tour B X Round 1- I put this ball in play without practicing at all with the ball prior to my round, I really wanted to go into this in game mode without any ideas of how it would preform and just see how it would go.  It was a chilly, windy and a little rainy day in College Station, so the odds were not in its favor, nut I had the best round of the season so far and I really enjoyed this ball. It is very firm off the woods, and solid off my irons, so I can really notice the "REACTIV" cover is not just a marketing term, and I will touch more on this when I compare it to the previous model. As I mentioned earlier the cover is noticeably textured, and I am not sure if it was subconsciously adjusting but I really felt confident standing over the ball when 60 yards and in, and had the best pitching day I have had ever. The ball really checked up, and I had several pitches from 50-60 yards that I left within 3 feet, and for me that is exceptional and unlike my game. All I can really chalk that up to is that I felt like that cover was gonna make it stop, and I could really put a confident swing on it and it preformed amazing!  On well struck hits the ball held its line perfectly, which was needed on a day that the wind gusts were 30 mph. Another highlight of the cover and spin claims, I hit an 8-iron out of the deep stuff( 2" thin grass) I hit it clean and it launched high, when it hit the green it rolled out about 5 feet. I was very impressed with the stopping power it had for a distance, not the spin ball in the line-up. I rotated a sleeve throughout the round, when one was plugged in mud I would switch it with a clean one( lift,clean,and place). I hit a tree and a cart path funny enough, and in several bunkers all cleaned up and miraculously all 3 balls survived the round(rare) and all three look brand new.   

2020 Tour BX vs 2018 Tour BX-  This is not a same day comparison, so this will not be a performance based comparison, but I have a ball or two left and can do that when I have a free day.  The big difference is in the cover, the big reason I did not make the previous generation my gamer is because it felt too soft. Off the tee, I felt like I was hitting a tennis ball. The 2018 was long and straight and had great durability, I just wanted more spin on my short shots, and a firmer ball. Enter "REACTIV" cover, from the first hit off the tee I was amazed, it didn't even feel like the same ball. It was not a rock or hitting marbles, it just felt strong is the best way I can describe the way it felt. Then with the irons it was softer, not soft, but again it felt solid. I had a great wedge day but I felt alot better about the chipping, and I was coming up short due to expecting more rollout that the previous model would give me. The durability is top notch as what I have noticed about Bridgestone balls. The 2018 was a great ball, but 2020 imo improved, and is an excellent ball. 

2020 Tour BXvs Current Gamer Pro V1x-  Again not a same day comparison, but can do one in the future. Pro V1's have always been my go to ball, I will try a different brand but always gravitate back to Titleist. I play(ed) the X for the spin it had over the Pro V1. I like the confidence I get knowing they make a great product and have alot of checks the balls go through, same as Bridgestone which are positives for both( I do not need another reason for a ball going off line). I stayed with Titleist over last years Bridgestone's due to the control I had on the greens. In this round I am playing my home course, and familiar with where I normally hit the ball, but still strike is king and I had a good day, and because of that I noticed increased distance even on a wet day. On the first tee I was introduced by the distance gains the BX gave me, I hit 3 wood where I normally hit driver( working on mental game and playing a more conservative appraoch help that, and thats why I was laying up), my 3 wood went where I normally hit my driver. I noticed this throughout the round, well struck shots were about a club longer. The major performance category that I base my ball decisions on is how it performs on the greens, and it performed much like the Titleist which is my Gold standard in that category. Something that is important to me is the durability, I would have to give that one to the Bridegstone, most of my Titleist's can go one round or one bunker and then it goes to my chipping bag, and so far the Bridgestone ball holds up a little better. So as far as I see it, the 2020 BX is a real contender, and checks all my boxes.  I will be doing further testing with it as it warms up, but this very well my be my new gamer. Thanks spies 

Always welcome feedback from anyone - even if you weren't selected to test.  Well done!

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

I kept getting FedEx updates all week saying my new driver would be here today.... little did I know that my had ordered something on the same day, and I got the shipping notifications mixed up!!

Driver won’t be here till Saturday.

I’m finishing up my review for tomorrow. And I’ll update you all on Saturday night hopefully how these things handle the Ugly Stick.

If they act anything like they did with the 3 wood, I should see some monster drives... for me anyways.

13 hours ago, Shankster said:

I kept getting FedEx updates all week saying my new driver would be here today.... little did I know that my had ordered something on the same day, and I got the shipping notifications mixed up!!

Driver won’t be here till Saturday.

I’m finishing up my review for tomorrow. And I’ll update you all on Saturday night hopefully how these things handle the Ugly Stick.

If they act anything like they did with the 3 wood, I should see some monster drives... for me anyways.

So what new big stick did you get?

• PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD-HD 7 TX
  • TaylorMade M6 15* - PX HZRDUS Green 80 TX
  • Titleist 913 Fd 18* - MCA KuroKage XMS 90 X /// OR /// Callaway XForged UT 20* - Aldila Rogue Black 105 TX
  • Srixon Z745 4-P - PX LZ 7.0
  • Vokey SM7 49F / 53F / 58K - DG TI S400
  • Odyssey Black #3 34”
  • Titleist AVX

My Tour B RXS balls arrived today that I won from Pete Pappas on Twitter. So, what's a guy to do? Go to the range! I couldn't get out and play, I have a meatloaf in the smoker and had to get home to get it out. This hanging out with friends thing is overrated....
20200229_124831-01.jpeg20200229_124900-01.jpeg

My first impressions are positive, based on the putting and chipping greens. They feel great off both clubs. Controlling the Bridgestone's with the putter was easy, they stopped close to the hole on lag putts and on short putts they were money.

I hit a few short chips just of the fringe and they checked nicely before rolling out some. They also performed well from 20-30 yards on the chipping green. They seem to have a slightly lower ball flight than I'm used to, but they didn't have a problem stopping once they hit the green.

So far, so good. I'll come back once I can get on the course and hit them when it matters. I'm really curious to see how they do off the driver and irons, but a good short game matters. I'm hoping to see the trend keep up with the wedges and maybe I can improve my chipping handicap on Arccos.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know my review is up!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/35884-2020-official-member-review-bridgestone-white-box-ball/?do=findComment&comment=586494

I will be continuing to comment on the Tour B RXS as I plan to use this ball in rotation with Prov1x for further evaluation.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

I’ve not been able to play as much as I hoped to this winter, with a combination of work, health, and poor weather impacting playing time.  But I hope to play this weekend, and have a par 3 tourney next weekend.  I should then be ready to post my review.  Thanks for the patience.  

------------------------------

Driver:   Titleist TSr2 11 - UST Helium 5F3

Fairway: Titleist TS2 16.5 and 21 - Evenflow Riptide CB R

Irons: Titleist U505 4U and T300 5-GW - Aerotech SteelFiber i80 R

Wedges:  Cleveland Black RTX ZipCore 54 and Full Face 58 - True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge 

Putter:  Odyssey TriHot 5K TripleWide

Bag:  Titleist 15 Cart

I was supposed to play today, but my playing partner was left alone with his two year old daughter while his wife went to a wedding out of state. I decided instead of playing solo to hit the driving range and get some more time around the chipping and putting greens with the RXS.

I took two of the RXS and one of last year's BX to play around with and compare. I know it's not an apples to apples comparison, but I didn't have any of the older model RXS to compare it to.

Pitching and chipping: I definitely love the feel and sound of a well struck wedge with these balls. It's a bit softer in both regards compared to the BX. Both spun extremely well and were stopping close to where I landed them on shots between 15-30 yards. I do regret that the chipping green is basically short mown fairway.
20200307_154459-01.jpeg
I would've loved to been able to hit to an actual green, but I don't think the course workers would have appreciated me hitting to the putting green or sneaking over the the 5th hole to practice.

Putting: I took the balls over to the putting green and did some short chips to a hole then putted out from where they stopped. Distance control was easy making a putting strike with the wedge I could get them to check a little or have them roll out. I even chipped one in to the back flag!
20200307_161823-01.jpeg
They were noticeably less clicky off the flat stick than the BX and just felt good.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get out soon and put the RXS to the test on the course. I'm really anxious to see how they perform with the full swing. I'm pleased with them so far, I just need to see how they perform under pressure.

On 3/7/2020 at 12:28 PM, sirchunksalot said:

I was supposed to play today, but my playing partner was left alone with his two year old daughter while his wife went to a wedding out of state. I decided instead of playing solo to hit the driving range and get some more time around the chipping and putting greens with the RXS.

I took two of the RXS and one of last year's BX to play around with and compare. I know it's not an apples to apples comparison, but I didn't have any of the older model RXS to compare it to.

Pitching and chipping: I definitely love the feel and sound of a well struck wedge with these balls. It's a bit softer in both regards compared to the BX. Both spun extremely well and were stopping close to where I landed them on shots between 15-30 yards. I do regret that the chipping green is basically short mown fairway.
20200307_154459-01.jpeg
I would've loved to been able to hit to an actual green, but I don't think the course workers would have appreciated me hitting to the putting green or sneaking over the the 5th hole to practice.

Putting: I took the balls over to the putting green and did some short chips to a hole then putted out from where they stopped. Distance control was easy making a putting strike with the wedge I could get them to check a little or have them roll out. I even chipped one in to the back flag!
20200307_161823-01.jpeg
They were noticeably less clicky off the flat stick than the BX and just felt good.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get out soon and put the RXS to the test on the course. I'm really anxious to see how they perform with the full swing. I'm pleased with them so far, I just need to see how they perform under pressure.

I want to try these, and the XS. If the RXS is good enough for Freddy, I can't see why it couldn't be for me. That said, getting ProV's for cheaper just seems like a no brainer for price:performance

Edited by yungkory
forgot to quote because I'm a doofus

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

On 3/9/2020 at 12:28 AM, yungkory said:

I want to try these, and the XS. If the RXS is good enough for Freddy, I can't see why it couldn't be for me. That said, getting ProV's for cheaper just seems like a no brainer for price:performance

After trying the Tour B X, but since winter I did not keep up my speed training and my swing speed fell down to around 108 to 110. I did notice on my slower swings I felt I wasn’t getting all the performance out of the ball, but on my faster swings it was very long. So I bought a sleeve of the Tour B XS to try, and wow it felt and performed amazing! The added spin really neutralized my ball flight off the tee and kept it in the air longer. I had 3 drives over 300 and before that I usually had one maybe 2, and 2 more into 20+ mph winds that were over 275. With the irons and wedges they spun the right amount for me, and no loss in distance that I could tell. Around the green they would check up really well, and bump and runs were good as well. The picture is from a 7 iron off a tee on a par 3, and it stopped very close to the pitch mark. It performed as well as the Pro V1x which I play(ed). I really enjoyed the ball, so I just purchased a dozen, trying to figure out which one I will game for when they do their buy x get one free deals come along. I highly recommend trying them, I was very pleased. 

768561D9-F162-4EFA-94DA-D8E64A32A602.jpeg

14 minutes ago, cjeffs12 said:

After trying the Tour B X, but since winter I did not keep up my speed training and my swing speed fell down to around 108 to 110. I did notice on my slower swings I felt I wasn’t getting all the performance out of the ball, but on my faster swings it was very long. So I bought a sleeve of the Tour B XS to try, and wow it felt and performed amazing! The added spin really neutralized my ball flight off the tee and kept it in the air longer. I had 3 drives over 300 and before that I usually had one maybe 2, and 2 more into 20+ mph winds that were over 275. With the irons and wedges they spun the right amount for me, and no loss in distance that I could tell. Around the green they would check up really well, and bump and runs were good as well. The picture is from a 7 iron off a tee on a par 3, and it stopped very close to the pitch mark. It performed as well as the Pro V1x which I play(ed). I really enjoyed the ball, so I just purchased a dozen, trying to figure out which one I will game for when they do their buy x get one free deals come along. I highly recommend trying them, I was very pleased. 

768561D9-F162-4EFA-94DA-D8E64A32A602.jpeg

Thanks for that write up! I'm right there with you, I'll buy some if they do a bulk discount

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

2 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Yeah. It’s the Left Dash ProV1x.

Do you have any problems holding greens with left dash? If not, definitely left dash. 

Do you have any problems holding greens with left dash? If not, definitely left dash. 

Only played a few holes with it against the XS.

I am a high spin player and sometimes have problems taking spin off the XS. The -V1x grabs enough for me. Just feels like I’m hitting a marble.

Dispersion looks slightly better on the XS, but I think I'd be gaming the -V1X.

Might be, but I alway try to end up on that red dotted line where the rough will start. Even in the summer time. If not you can’t go at the green in 2, the angle from the left side of the fairway you’d have to hit a Rory draw to hold the green from there.

4 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Only played a few holes with it against the XS.

I am a high spin player and sometimes have problems taking spin off the XS. The -V1x grabs enough for me. Just feels like I’m hitting a marble.

Yeah the XS really spins, I had one spin off the green and into a bunker. Taking spin off is pretty difficult to master, but not sure I could go a round hitting marbles. Tough decision 

I have been testing the RX. On the positive side, I think the Reactiv cover really does the job on shorter shots. I’ve found that I’ve had to adjust my strategy on short shots around the green, because this ball really checks up and rolls less on all kinds of chips and pitches. A noticeable difference compared to my usual ZStar.

But the jury is still out on these because I suspect that they’re a fair bit shorter than the ZStar. I seem to be about a club shorter with irons and wedges, and possibly woods as well, but I haven’t had much opportunity to test them side by side with the ZStars yet. That’s why I haven’t completed my official review. I’d like to get a couple of casual rounds in where I can play both balls from the same locations to check into this.

Thanks for the patience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

------------------------------

Driver:   Titleist TSr2 11 - UST Helium 5F3

Fairway: Titleist TS2 16.5 and 21 - Evenflow Riptide CB R

Irons: Titleist U505 4U and T300 5-GW - Aerotech SteelFiber i80 R

Wedges:  Cleveland Black RTX ZipCore 54 and Full Face 58 - True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge 

Putter:  Odyssey TriHot 5K TripleWide

Bag:  Titleist 15 Cart

My wife just broke some bad news to me... I had the box that these things showed up in sitting in our entryway... like a dummy I put it right above the recycling bin... about 24 of these were sent to an early trip through the shredder. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Not to worry, I have a few left, and plan on buying some of the retail versions to keep the updates coming.