GolfSpy MPR

2020 Official Member Review: Bridgestone White Box Ball

Our Sponsors

I know Bridgestone already beat us to the punch on this one, but if I can still find my ball by the end of the round I’m playing in the morning...

✂️✂️✂️

It’s going down!

#finditcutit

P790s/M5 Driver/F9 3wood/F9 hybrid/MG2 wedges/Ardmore putter

Still a lot of the same for me. Distance is up, but I can't get these to check like the V1x does. @mr.hicksta and I gave a ball to a buddy he introduced me to -- dude plays scratch and to call him a solid ball striker is an understatement. He also has quite a bit more speed than we do and the ball definitely reacts better for him. Dude was absolutely crushing it, and he loved the firm feel where I would prefer it to be a little softer. I think the 105+ measurement that Bridgestone uses is more of a suggestion than something to live by, I think I could definitely play the RX as well, if not better, than the X.

• Like 6

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 60.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

6 hours ago, yungkory said:

Still a lot of the same for me. Distance is up, but I can't get these to check like the V1x does. @mr.hicksta and I gave a ball to a buddy he introduced me to -- dude plays scratch and to call him a solid ball striker is an understatement. He also has quite a bit more speed than we do and the ball definitely reacts better for him. Dude was absolutely crushing it, and he loved the firm feel where I would prefer it to be a little softer. I think the 105+ measurement that Bridgestone uses is more of a suggestion than something to live by, I think I could definitely play the RX as well, if not better, than the X.

XS dude. 

• Like 4

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* Tour AD BB 6X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49F - 54S - 59D
Putter ?????
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

SuperSpeed Forum Tester
Initial Driver Speed on Provided Monitor: 109 MPH

7 hours ago, yungkory said:

We’ve got about the same swing speed and I had similar thoughts last summer with the BX.  Out of the las gen I tested the XS and the RX as well, the XS is by far the way to go for my game.  It’s got the best short game spin out of those 3 by far.  

• Like 4

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:cobra-small: F9 TL, Atmos TS Blue
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:bridgestone-small: BXS

Romans 10:9

8 hours ago, yungkory said:

I agree with the others. The XS is the way to go. Did you put distance as what you care most about the ball for the questions that go with the video? I put feel, and the XS has not failed to deliver. Out of probably 100 or so holes, I’ve only had one shot leak out on the green with a scoring iron. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, jlukes said:

XS dude. 

Yep...I’m working on my official review now.  I’ve already seen enough to know this is going to be my ball for the foreseeable future.  Plan to stock up this coming Friday.

• Like 5

• TaylorMade M5 9.0 - Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 6X OR PX HZRDUS Green 60 6.5 TX
  • TaylorMade M6 15 - PX HZRDUS Green 80 6.5 TX
  • Adams Red 18 - Matrix Altus Tour X
  • Callaway X Forged UT 19 - Aldila Rogue Black 105 TX
  • Srixon Z965 4-P - PX 6.0 LS (hs 1x) --------------- FORUM TESTING /// Sub 70 Golf 699 Pro 4-P - KBS Tour X
  • Cleveland RTX 4 52/58 Mid - DG TI S400
  • Scotty Cameron X7 Phantom 34”
  • Bridgestone B XS

51 minutes ago, Smellis745 said:

Yep...I’m working on my official review now.  I’ve already seen enough to know this is going to be my ball for the foreseeable future.  Plan to stock up this coming Friday.

Samesies 

• Like 3

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* Tour AD BB 6X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49F - 54S - 59D
Putter ?????
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

SuperSpeed Forum Tester
Initial Driver Speed on Provided Monitor: 109 MPH

If you were longer at Sea Level than in Michigan they must really be long - unless the courses in Northeast Florida are dryer than over here - February through May is normally when the ball goes the farthest for us because things dry out - not this year though - every time we start to dry out it’s rained heavily - happened again on Thursday night.

Thanks for the write up.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Guys, you have all done an amazing job discussing these balls and you have me looking to get a dozen once they hit the stores. I picked up some prior generation BX balls when they went on sale a couple of months ago and liked them, but didn't love them. I recently went on their website, answered some questions, and got recommended the B RXS and will give them a try. I planned on doing the VFit this weekend, but some snow threw that out the window.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

On 2/3/2020 at 11:12 PM, DrMJG said:

Question for us all: How well the  ball you were sent to try out match you and/or your game, regardless of what you usually play or in comparison to other spheres?  Did the Bridgestone ball fit for this evaluation do well by you?

Mine, the RX not only was a good fit, I was very pleasantly surprised.

For me the video fit was spot on. I had done quite a bit of research and testing on my own and have been playing the TourB RX all last season, so the video fit confirmed my results. This new RX is simply better than the 2019 version in all aspects. There is no doubt in my mind that my scores and handicap will be dropping next season. Not to shabby for a guy hitting 60 this month. According to USGA handicap system I'm a 5.3, hoping to get close to 1 by the end of the season...

Chris

• Like 1

Far and Sure......

:ping-small:G410 SFT (10.5 degree), Project X Hzrdus Yellow Stiff Shaft

:ping-small:: G20 4W

:ping-small:: G410 5W

:ping-small::  G20    5H

:ping-small:: G410 5 thru UW

:callaway-logo-1:   MD3 54*  

:wilson_staff_small: PMP FG Tour 60*                                                        

:cleveland-small:; TFi 2135 1.0 Putter

:bridgestone-small: TourB-RXS

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro NX9 HD

Bat Caddy X3 Electric Bag Cart

8 hours ago, jlukes said:

XS dude. 

7 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

We’ve got about the same swing speed and I had similar thoughts last summer with the BX.  Out of the las gen I tested the XS and the RX as well, the XS is by far the way to go for my game.  It’s got the best short game spin out of those 3 by far.  

5 hours ago, jddaigneault said:

I agree with the others. The XS is the way to go. Did you put distance as what you care most about the ball for the questions that go with the video? I put feel, and the XS has not failed to deliver. Out of probably 100 or so holes, I’ve only had one shot leak out on the green with a scoring iron. 

Hmm, anyone want to swap a couple sleeves? 😂

• Haha 2

27106AC6-E0E8-44CF-94BE-1C0AAD956105.thumb.jpeg.80c6d7e7f85697351c7a159a9ecacd7c.jpeg

Found it! Which is honestly surprising, I played like garbage. I could not groove my swing plane today, and sent 6/9 tee shots left. The one green I hit spun back and off, so that sucked. Granted, I only landed it about a foot onto a sloped green so that’s on me. 

Even on a day I wasn’t hitting it well, the BXS lived up to it’s billing. It feels really responsive off the club face, it spins well with the scoring clubs, and boy does it go far. Part of my missed greens were because my 60* wasn’t playing it’s normal 105-108, but more like 110-115 (I played a par 3 course). 

Despite getting a full tour of the rough, including face time with a tree, the ball is really durable. 
852ACDE8-B525-4EA9-A777-EFCC3C0AC24B.thumb.jpeg.0813ef6e866fde3b9160254d96fdd622.jpeg852ACDE8-B525-4EA9-A777-EFCC3C0AC24B.thumb.jpeg.0813ef6e866fde3b9160254d96fdd622.jpeg

After 27 holes, these are the only blemishes. Did I mention the tree? It’s a miracle that I made it so long with one ball, and that the cover looks this good is even better. It pains me to do this, but #finditcutit time...

BA32E60F-DB39-4CE7-AB1A-9609AD93C88E.thumb.jpeg.2b57a19eb52029c020b73a485dcea0ec.jpeg

Definitely not making it easy on me, you served me well #4. 

C2B48E2C-9648-46F9-9CD4-DC0AA1477DC6.thumb.jpeg.5384e0995e785d32492ca391c5e2da8f.jpeg

If golf balls could scream, what would they sound like?

82E40084-8B63-4C51-AF76-4D458BCF676A.thumb.jpeg.efb69d5948c77c7a665eee02a5695d62.jpeg

I had to turn away. That face! I lost some of my soul today. 

53CE3A24-7115-4564-A91D-DDBDCAC32019.thumb.jpeg.84d283500ae69d68986d34f4ef6563ce.jpeg

The deed is done. Interesting to find a white blemish in the middle. Perhaps the compound didn’t mix all the way? Not sure what exactly caused that. If you’ve got some headed for the shag bag after a few rounds, it’d be interesting to see if you notice something similar. Did a lot of the balls at the pga show have that? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Doesn’t change my mind, I still love this ball. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, yungkory said:

Hmm, anyone want to swap a couple sleeves? 😂

I’d actually love to try the X, just to compare them. I think for the cost of shipping it’d just be cheaper to go buy a sleeve though! NJ and CA aren’t exactly close. 

• Like 1

Pro shop in MI will have on 2/14, like reading the reviews for sure.

• Like 1

:cobra-small: Driver F9                     

:cobra-small: 5 wood 18 TS2 

:mizuno-small:  Irons 4i / 9i MP-20 HMB   
:mizuno-small: wedge T20 46* 50*                                                           

:callaway-small: Wedges MD5 Jaws  58/x

:mizuno-small: Putter M-Craft II black

:taylormade-small: Tour Response 

4 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Guys, you have all done an amazing job discussing these balls and you have me looking to get a dozen once they hit the stores. I picked up some prior generation BX balls when they went on sale a couple of months ago and liked them, but didn't love them. I recently went on their website, answered some questions, and got recommended the B RXS and will give them a try. I planned on doing the VFit this weekend, but some snow threw that out the window.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I'm testing the B RXS and I've been having weather issues myself rain, rain, and more rain in H-town. But we have a nice day tomorrow and I'm going to do some short game shots and putting at my club. The VFit is fun I hope you get a break in your weather soon. 

• Like 2

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook #TeamCobraONE

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm wieght in back, 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 21.5* Hybrid Project X CATALYST 80 6.0

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

:titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Gonna be a bit chilly here in SC tomorrow (low to mid 50s) but I’ll be out tomorrow giving the RX another go. Report to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

------------------------------

Driver:  :cleveland-small: Classics XL 10.5 - Miyazaki Tour Issue 6 S-flex

Fairway:srixon-small: f65 15* - Miyazaki Kaula Mizo 5 R-flex

Hybrid:Hogan: 18* - Proforce V2 Stff

Irons:Hogan: PTxPro 4-PW - UST Mamiya Recoil 780 F4

Wedges:Hogan: Equalizer 50 Recoil F4, 56 and 60 with KBS Tour 90 Stiff

Putter:  :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red Sightline - double-bend black steel 34"

So the general consensus here is it's better than the previous and or better than the "other" brand you played? It's the new sliced bread? It runs faster and jumps higher?

Edited by Trial&Error
  • Like 1

So the general consensus here is it's better than the previous and or better than the "other" brand you played? It's the new sliced bread? It runs faster and jumps higher?

To me the XS is far superior to the last edition of it.

The overall performance is wonderful, the feel is terrific, and the audible noise you get is somewhere between superb and sublime.

My favorite thing about it is the way it reacts when you try different flights. Not sure if it is in my head or what, but these come with some sort of sauce infused in them.

I haven’t had a chance to get too much on course action. But they make my least favorite part of the game one of my favorites. The putter... I never really cared how well a ball performed on the green. I always went with the wedges first and if I liked it there, it was in the bag... but man if these things don’t hit the green like a Formula One car on a track.

My only gripe about it is the alignment aid, I prefer the last editions. As a guy that uses the manufacturers line for lining up my putts, the old version was a tad bolder.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Trial&Error said:

I still need to test more, but so far the V1x is still looking to be a better ball for my game than the X. As much as I don't want to like the biggest and most popular ball in golf -- I believe there's a reason why they are at the top. If you want to hit the ball longer off of every club, definitely might want to look at the Tour B. I haven't played with anyone who wasn't surprised after they flew a green, or one-hopped it off the back of a green the first time they put one of these in play.

• Like 3

Nice job on the review and this thread guys.  Keep up the great work. 

• Like 3

:callaway-logo-1:  MAVRIK Sub Zero 9.0 Adilia MSI 60S

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:callaway-logo-1: MAVRIK 5-A Nippon Modus 105 S 

:callaway-logo-1: MD5 Jaws 54.10 and 58.12 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12