TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Official Member Review: Bridgestone White Box Ball

GolfSpy MPR

My wife just broke some bad news to me... I had the box that these things showed up in sitting in our entryway... like a dummy I put it right above the recycling bin... about 24 of these were sent to an early trip through the shredder.

Not to worry, I have a few left, and plan on buying some of the retail versions to keep the updates coming.
I hope your luck starts getting better. First, I read your news about your spring break plans, now this.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I’m still seeing more of the same.  The B XS just outperforms the ZStar in every way for me.

• PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD-HD 7 TX
  • TaylorMade M6 15* - PX HZRDUS Green 80 TX
  • Titleist 913 Fd 18* - MCA KuroKage XMS 90 X /// OR /// Callaway XForged UT 20* - Aldila Rogue Black 105 TX
  • Srixon Z745 4-P - PX LZ 7.0
  • Vokey SM7 49F / 53F / 58K - DG TI S400
  • Odyssey Black #3 34”
  • Titleist AVX

I've played three more rounds using the Tour B RXS prototype balls. It's March in south Texas and I've played in 15-30 mph winds in all three rounds. My scores are not impressive but I have been hitting the ball pretty consistently. The RXS ball has impressed me in it's ability to penetrate  into the wind and maintain distance well. 

See the source image

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

Looks like they heard our cries!

https://shop.bridgestonegolf.com/collections/featured/products/tour-b-3n1

Guess I have to put my money where my mouth is... maybe when COVID decides to go eff itself!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

2 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Guess I have to put my money where my mouth is... maybe when COVID decides to go eff itself!

Why do they do things like this? 

Here take my wallet...

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

2 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Why do they do things like this? 

Here take my wallet...

We could split it 2 doz each 😂

I tested these balls, and this is totally unrelated to my test, but on Sunday I played with a scratch golfer who I see once a week and we play matches with against the other guys.  I mean, he hit 17 GIR on Sunday, and shot 71, and it was a bad round for him (if he had holed half of the putts that lipped out for birdie it would have easily been a 67.  But this is normal for him.  He's as pure a ball striker as I have ever seen, and he's not a big guy - around my size (5'9" and he's probably 165'ish).  But his swing is so pure that he just generates massive clubhead speed that sees him send it 280 typically, and when he really catches it it's upwards of 300.  He rarely misses the fairway, and he just is as solid a golfer as it gets.

OK, sorry, background out of the way, this guy has been a ProV1 golfer for life.  He's hit that ball since they introduced it and never thought twice about another ball.  I mean why should he when the results he gets are just fantastic for his game?

So Sunday I noticed he was playing a Bridgestone.  I'm not sure which one, but I would assume it's the model they'd hand the Tour pros.  A buddy of his had given him a few Bridgestone to test out and he actually liked it enough to put it into play.  What everyone in my group was noticing with him hitting the Bridgestone was insane distance off of the tee.  Our 6th hole is a 373 yard par 4 that plays from an elevated tee to a generous fairway.  I've pounded some decent drives on this hole because you can get wind behind you.  You can also get a massive wind in your face as well.  I've hit anything from a PW to a 5 iron into this green.  Sunday we had a little wind behind us, but not much.  This guy gets up and absolutely smokes a drive.  We all hit good drives, but his ball was way beyond ours.  I ended up with 126 in and hit a nice PW to about 15 feet or so.  This guy was maybe 40 or 50 yards from the pin with his drive.  I estimated about a 320 yard drive, maybe further with his Bridgestone.  I mean, he just absolutely crushed the thing.

The other side of the coin with this guy is that he knows his distances with his clubs to the yard.  He was standing over his approach shot on #16, and had about 90 yards in.  He was trying to figure out whether to play his 60° lob wedge, which he said went 83 yards, or his sand wedge, which went further.  The green is down about a half club, so we told him to hit lob wedge.  He pured it as he always does and the shot went to the middle of the green about 10 yards past the hole.  He just looked at me and said, "OK, I guess I need to reevaluate my distances with my clubs if I am going to be playing this Bridgestone ball."  He wasn't even kidding either, as this ball just explodes off of the club face for him.

He was so impressed with this ball and the distance gains off of the tee that he says, "I love this ball, but the only problem I have is that I have 5 dozen ProV1 sitting in the house."

Just a story to share about the Bridgestone ball.  I mean, if a lifelong Titleist scratch golfer is switching to Bridgestone, does that help you at all?

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

1 hour ago, Mr. 82 said:

I tested these balls, and this is totally unrelated to my test, but on Sunday I played with a scratch golfer who I see once a week and we play matches with against the other guys.  I mean, he hit 17 GIR on Sunday, and shot 71, and it was a bad round for him (if he had holed half of the putts that lipped out for birdie it would have easily been a 67.  But this is normal for him.  He's as pure a ball striker as I have ever seen, and he's not a big guy - around my size (5'9" and he's probably 165'ish).  But his swing is so pure that he just generates massive clubhead speed that sees him send it 280 typically, and when he really catches it it's upwards of 300.  He rarely misses the fairway, and he just is as solid a golfer as it gets.

OK, sorry, background out of the way, this guy has been a ProV1 golfer for life.  He's hit that ball since they introduced it and never thought twice about another ball.  I mean why should he when the results he gets are just fantastic for his game?

So Sunday I noticed he was playing a Bridgestone.  I'm not sure which one, but I would assume it's the model they'd hand the Tour pros.  A buddy of his had given him a few Bridgestone to test out and he actually liked it enough to put it into play.  What everyone in my group was noticing with him hitting the Bridgestone was insane distance off of the tee.  Our 6th hole is a 373 yard par 4 that plays from an elevated tee to a generous fairway.  I've pounded some decent drives on this hole because you can get wind behind you.  You can also get a massive wind in your face as well.  I've hit anything from a PW to a 5 iron into this green.  Sunday we had a little wind behind us, but not much.  This guy gets up and absolutely smokes a drive.  We all hit good drives, but his ball was way beyond ours.  I ended up with 126 in and hit a nice PW to about 15 feet or so.  This guy was maybe 40 or 50 yards from the pin with his drive.  I estimated about a 320 yard drive, maybe further with his Bridgestone.  I mean, he just absolutely crushed the thing.

The other side of the coin with this guy is that he knows his distances with his clubs to the yard.  He was standing over his approach shot on #16, and had about 90 yards in.  He was trying to figure out whether to play his 60° lob wedge, which he said went 83 yards, or his sand wedge, which went further.  The green is down about a half club, so we told him to hit lob wedge.  He pured it as he always does and the shot went to the middle of the green about 10 yards past the hole.  He just looked at me and said, "OK, I guess I need to reevaluate my distances with my clubs if I am going to be playing this Bridgestone ball."  He wasn't even kidding either, as this ball just explodes off of the club face for him.

He was so impressed with this ball and the distance gains off of the tee that he says, "I love this ball, but the only problem I have is that I have 5 dozen ProV1 sitting in the house."

Just a story to share about the Bridgestone ball.  I mean, if a lifelong Titleist scratch golfer is switching to Bridgestone, does that help you at all?

This story could have been said about me except he sounds like a way better golfer than me...

I have played Titleist for the vast majority of my golfing life. I have 3 dz sitting at home but they will not be used anytime soon. I have switched to Tour B X and there is not looking back. All around it is almost a perfect ball for my game. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Just now, THEZIPR23 said:

This story could have been said about me except he sounds like a way better golfer than me...

OK, so I got curious and looked this guy's handicap up.  He's a 1.3 index.  All of his last 20 scores are in the 70s.  He posted a 79 recently, and I'll have to ask him about that one, because I honestly don't know how he doesn't shoot in the 60s every time.  And man, you do not want to bet against this guy.  We paired up as teams a few weeks ago, and I got stuck on the opposite team from him, and lost $14 to him in a $2 and $2 bet (holes/birdies).  After getting my ass handed to me in that match I told everyone in our group that the only way I will be in the bet going forward is to be on this guy's team.  I mean, he lives for these type of bets.

Also playing enough golf with him, if this guy had a caddie that gave him some confidence I don't see how he shoots worse than 68.  Most of his mistakes are purely mental, because he's always unsure of where to hit a putt, or what to do with a shot.   But since we are in team matches we help each other out with shot selection and reading putts, etc.  I honestly think he likes pairing up with me, because from the first tee to the 18th green I am pumping this guy up with confidence.  I just simply tell him how great a player he is, especially compared to me, and I think he likes that.  But the guy is so humble he never will tell you he hit a good shot.  I mean, like the bomb he hit on #6 on Sunday he said, "well, I got a monster bounce in the fairway with that drive."  He did, but dude, you're 80 yards past me easily.  Enjoy it.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

6 hours ago, Mr. 82 said:

I found that they were about 10y longer for me on well-struck shots as well.

5 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

I have played Titleist for the vast majority of my golfing life. I have 3 dz sitting at home but they will not be used anytime soon. I have switched to Tour B X and there is not looking back. All around it is almost a perfect ball for my game. 

Glad that those sleeves I sent you were worth the trip to the post office!

Dang. Still $42/dozen with shipping and tax. Yikes. I’d have to trade-out with a Pro friend for these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

Dang. Still $42/dozen with shipping and tax. Yikes. I’d have to trade-out with a Pro friend for these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wait for someone to offer free shipping, I'm sure the box stores are going to offer this. TGW ships to Hawaii for free over $99, I'm sure they ship to the great state of Texas for free LOL

Sorry I haven’t posted in a while here, COVID 19 and a new puppy are keeping me off the course. I’m hoping to get out this week to at least hit on the range. It feels weird I haven’t touched a golf club in over a week! Outside of my putter in the house anyways...putts are rolling well with the XS!

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

• 3 weeks later...

The video is live on Instagram

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

“I should of yelled Two!”

Driver: PXG 0811x Gen 4 / Tour AD TP6s

3W: PXG 0341x Gen 1 / Tour AD TP6s

3HY: :taylormade-small: GAPR / KBS Stiff

4-PW: :taylormade-small: P770 / Nippon Pro Modus 3 120 Stiff + 1/2”

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 / Nippon Pro Modus 3 120 Stiff + 1/2” 50-09, 54-11, 60-10

Putter: :cobra-small: Grandsport 35

Ball: Pro V1

Bag: Sun Mountain C-130

Cart: Clicgear 4.0

MOM, IM ON THE TV!

• 2 weeks later...

Take 2 for me. Got the marketing rep to send me a trial pack and they thankfully hooked it up!

E94FA379-015D-4597-9DFB-6CF0EBE83C22.thumb.jpeg.52d02a5cb5b37d9f596d438f55a43176.jpeg

I'll update my review with a short bit about this ball, hopefully I can get some solid testing with only 2 balls. Might be tough after 40 days off.

I was one of the official testers......and as time has gone by I've still been playing back and forth between the Tour BX balls I was sent and my Z-Star XV's. I'm like other parties mentioned, if I hadn't already had several dozen of Z-Star xv's in my closet this Tour BX would be the one I would stock up on. This all said, and after more time playing the TourBX, and I will say I HATE these types of comments (upcoming) b/c I can't "test it" and it's anecdotal and without measure..................but..............when I'm going out to play and if I see it's a windy day, I always reach for the Tour BX. It just "seems" strong" in the wind

So my MUCH too-early impression of the ball is that it is

1. Definitely a better ball for me and that is due to...

2. It spins more on every shot

Typical Hawaiian afternoon with ~10-15 MPH trades and the ball sliced through the air when it was in my face, and at the same time felt "heavy" in crosswinds. I can stop this ball so much easier around the greens vs. the BX that v-fit put me in. Which circles back to what I had to say about it in my review: it's cool that they can extrapolate that data from your video submission, but it's mostly useless from a fitting perspective. You can tell me what ball fits my driver all day, I'm still going to prefer something that fits my wedges over it as a gamer. I'm eternally grateful to Bridgestone's V-fit, or should I say their marketing team, for putting me in that AD with Tiger for .005 seconds -- but other than that V-fit is... *fart noise*

It's soft without feeling marshmallow-y and firm without being clicky. From a feel perspective, it's probably as good as it can get for me. My striking was horrible today after being on the bench for a little over a month and I was thinning a lot of shots but totally getting away with it. THIS ball could definitely give the V1x a run for its money for a spot in my bag. Wish I had gotten these in the test, but at least I was able to spread the rest of my B X test packs to @jlukes and @THEZIPR23 who ended up gaming them!

Count me in on the Tour B X to Tour B XS train. I got low on golf balls and while I have a personalized Pro V1x order in already, I scooped up 4 dozen Tour B XS to try for these next couple months. Based on what I've heard from @yungkory already, I'm excited to see how they perform for me!

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Hey guys just wanted to update you on where I’m at with the Bridgetown testing. I have been using the Tour B RXS for the last four months as well as intermittently playing with the pro V1 and comparing the two. I was getting short on both balls and it came time to make a decision. With the three for one deal here this spring this is what I decided to go with!

IMG_2048.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

On 5/2/2020 at 6:08 AM, mr.hicksta said:

Count me in on the Tour B X to Tour B XS train. I got low on golf balls and while I have a personalized Pro V1x order in already, I scooped up 4 dozen Tour B XS to try for these next couple months. Based on what I've heard from @yungkory already, I'm excited to see how they perform for me!

I'm getting another round with the XS in today, but initial results are positive even with me losing 6 in one round 🤣. Everything I liked about the X was present with the XS and I saw A LOT more green side spin on shots 50 yards and under. I know there's a lot that goes into green side spin, but it seemed to come a hell of a lot easier with the XS. I have plenty with more on the way so I'm going to game the XS exclusively the next couple months!

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

I've been playing the previous generation XS I purchased on clearance my last couple of rounds and have to say I'm impressed with their performance. They're long, play good in the wind, and they spin. I had a bunker shot to a left to right sloping green and when it hit, it zipped sideways. It left me with a long putt, but I was just impressed with how it reacted. I'm not a high spin player, but I can see the potential there for anyone who is. I did have to put one out of commission site to hitting trees and a cart path.20200504_190127-01.jpeg.84295601f35af7365c0faa689d5cd182.jpeg

I have a box of the new RXS I'm about to put into play, just didn't want to lose them or give them a bad review since I haven't gotten to play our practice much the last couple of months. They'll be my go to the next round I play and I can't wait to see what the new lineup is all about.

After my brief introduction to the XS last Friday, I took advantage of the buy 3 get 1 free promo and will be giving this ball a test similar to how I tested the X -- by playing them! I was pretty impressed with what I saw, so I'm hopeful! 

It has been quit the while since my last post. There reason I did not post had nothing to do with this review, ball, forum, or anything such as that this product.

Regarding this product, it exceeded both the promo stuff from Bridgestone, their evaluation of my swing, and my expectations  The switch to Tour B from the e12 I was using is a good one. 

• Drives: average 10 yards
  • Irons 6-9 yards from 6 and 7
  • Hybrids aout 10
  • ALL showed improvement in accuracy, loft and result such as wedges.
  • This will be the choice in my golf future!

As to me: I was forced to stop golf 8 hours after my last 18. For reasons still neither fully explained or understood, my body decided to go from a slightly higher blood pressure to a very low one. As a result, balance was not possible and for over a 4 week period I cold not stand without getting very dizzy, even moving my lower body was quite the challenge. Not related in any way to Covid16.

A combination of re-doing my medications from before to now have me well on the way. Therapy 3x a week, combibnations with  new drugs and my own stubbornness have me standing, no dizziness, ability to work on some mild golf related exercises. As compared to a week earlier, I am a new person.  

All medical indications, including my cardiologist, are pointing to a more than possible return to golfing by Labor Day. No promises just doable.

I won't give weekly updates, but, thanks for understanding!

59295646_2332668930086842_4252488574793940992_n.jpg

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 Super Bowl Champions Bag  :  :ping: G410 Plus, Alta Red CB 55 SR Flex, GX-7 14º(acting as a 3 wood),  :ping:   G400 4H, 5H. Sr Flex,   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges graphite SR Shafts (50º, 56º, 60º),  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g :bridgestone: e12 for the items I try to hit on purposematte red, so I can see them. :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/7/2020 at 1:45 PM, DrMJG said:

It has been quit the while since my last post. There reason I did not post had nothing to do with this review, ball, forum, or anything such as that this product.

Regarding this product, it exceeded both the promo stuff from Bridgestone, their evaluation of my swing, and my expectations  The switch to Tour B from the e12 I was using is a good one. 

• Drives: average 10 yards
  • Irons 6-9 yards from 6 and 7
  • Hybrids aout 10
  • ALL showed improvement in accuracy, loft and result such as wedges.
  • This will be the choice in my golf future!

As to me: I was forced to stop golf 8 hours after my last 18. For reasons still neither fully explained or understood, my body decided to go from a slightly higher blood pressure to a very low one. As a result, balance was not possible and for over a 4 week period I cold not stand without getting very dizzy, even moving my lower body was quite the challenge. Not related in any way to Covid16.

A combination of re-doing my medications from before to now have me well on the way. Therapy 3x a week, combibnations with  new drugs and my own stubbornness have me standing, no dizziness, ability to work on some mild golf related exercises. As compared to a week earlier, I am a new person.  

All medical indications, including my cardiologist, are pointing to a more than possible return to golfing by Labor Day. No promises just doable.

I won't give weekly updates, but, thanks for understanding!

59295646_2332668930086842_4252488574793940992_n.jpg

Dang, I missed this post. Sorry to hear that and I hope things are getting better for you!

I've got 5 rounds in on the XS now and I'm currently playing the best golf that I've played in a very long time, even breaking 80 twice including a new personal best of 75. I wish I could say this is just some magic ball that will drop your scores, but I also shot an 87 the other weekend so... it's not the ball like it's not MJ's shoes.

This ball is still every bit as long as the X that I was v-fit for, but the increased spin is DEFINITELY noticed with my swing/strike/whatever. I have never sucked the ball back as much as I have on approaches with the XS. On a couple of approaches it has actually hurt me where I spun the ball 15' back from its pitch mark, and off the green. Admittedly, I'm not skilled enough to take spin off, or add more. I can control trajectory to an extent on pitches, so I can hit low ones that check up, but aside from that I just kind of try to play to the flag and hit to a number. While I was gaming the ProV1x, I was used to my ball pitching, and stopping after a foot or two. It still happens with this ball on occasion, but a majority of the time it is coming back a foot or two, and sometimes more.

The added spin around the green, though, is much appreciated. I also like how soft it feels off the club face, especially wedges and my putter. Unless I find myself consistently pulling balls back to the point where it hurts my score, this is my new ball for the foreseeable future.

• 2 weeks later...

I have quite a few rounds in with the RX. Nothing remarkable about the ball, good or bad, except that it definitely spins more than the earlier iteration of the ball. I have to alter my approaches with chips and pitches because the ball checks so aggressively. Not sure they are better for me than my preferred Srixon ZStar. But definitely a good ball and the cover is much improved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

------------------------------

Driver:   Titleist TSr2 11 - UST Helium 5F3

Fairway: Titleist TS2 16.5 and 21 - Evenflow Riptide CB R

Irons: Titleist U505 4U and T300 5-GW - Aerotech SteelFiber i80 R

Wedges:  Cleveland Black RTX ZipCore 54 and Full Face 58 - True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge 

Putter:  Odyssey TriHot 5K TripleWide

Bag:  Titleist 15 Cart

• STUDque unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

I’ve played a few more rounds with the XS and it’s by far the best ball I’ve ever played. I’ve done some head to head battles on the course a few times against the Pro V1 & TP5 and it stays in the top spot for me. 
The one major thing I’ve noticed lately is how much softer off the putter it feels vs the Pro V1 but has the same audible click. 

“I should of yelled Two!”

Driver: PXG 0811x Gen 4 / Tour AD TP6s

3W: PXG 0341x Gen 1 / Tour AD TP6s

3HY: :taylormade-small: GAPR / KBS Stiff

4-PW: :taylormade-small: P770 / Nippon Pro Modus 3 120 Stiff + 1/2”

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 / Nippon Pro Modus 3 120 Stiff + 1/2” 50-09, 54-11, 60-10

Putter: :cobra-small: Grandsport 35

Ball: Pro V1

Bag: Sun Mountain C-130

Cart: Clicgear 4.0