2020 Official Member Review: Bridgestone White Box Ball

Our Sponsors

I have to say I am still skeptical about ball fitting based solely on driver numbers. 

Why? Because the firmest ball is going to the best ball for every golfer in terms of maximizing distance

The entire RX line still mystifies me.  I get it, it's a lower compression urethane ball.  But in reality, even someone with 95 MPH driver speed is going to see better numbers off the tee with the X or XS vs either of the RX balls.  So if the slower swing player wants a softer feel around the greens, but still wants to come close to maximum distance, then go with the XS.  

Yes, softer balls will give you similar (or sometimes even longer distances) off of scoring irons and wedges because spin is reduced and loft becomes a variable. (demonstrated clear as day in this new video from TXG)

And guess what.  The X spins more than the XS around the greens.  It is just physics.  The misnomer that better feeling balls spin more is pure marketing.  Feel does not = spin. 

• Like 3

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* Tour AD BB 6X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49F - 54S - 59D
Putter ?????
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

SuperSpeed Forum Tester
Initial Driver Speed on Provided Monitor: 109 MPH

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The latest issue of Golf Digest includes an extended article detailing Tiger Woods's ball testing procedure with Bridgestone: Why mention that here? Because Tiger's testing was done without

Played 18 with only my white ball stash. Played whole round with same ball. Simply put: the best round I have played in close to 3 decades! Played men's forward tees 5310 yards.  TOTAL SCORE

Happy freaking Monday, y’all! My package of goodness arrived today, and I am legitimately excited to start testing. As it turns out, @yungkoryand I are playing 18 this afternoon so I’ll post some init

Posted Images

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

I have to say I am still skeptical about ball fitting based solely on driver numbers. 

Why? Because the firmest ball is going to the best ball for every golfer in terms of maximizing distance

The entire RX line still mystifies me.  I get it, it's a lower compression urethane ball.  But in reality, even someone with 95 MPH driver speed is going to see better numbers off the tee with the X or XS vs either of the RX balls.  So if the slower swing player wants a softer feel around the greens, but still wants to come close to maximum distance, then go with the XS.  

Yes, softer balls will give you similar (or sometimes even longer distances) off of scoring irons and wedges because spin is reduced and loft becomes a variable. (demonstrated clear as day in this new video from TXG)

And guess what.  The X spins more than the XS around the greens.  It is just physics.  The misnomer that better feeling balls spin more is pure marketing.  Feel does not = spin. 

I agree. It was cool to see the data that V-Fit put out for me, but like I said in my review, I don't think Tour B X was the right fit for me. And I'm even more skeptical about the 105 SS threshold for X/RX and XS/RXS. All that said, I'm interested in trying the XS eventually because I feel like I fall in that tweener SS zone so that may be the ball that does it all for me!

• Like 1

Ping G410 LST 9º | Tensei CK Orange 70 X
Ping G410 3W 14.5º | VA Composites Drago 75 X
Ping G410 3H 18º | KBS Tour Hybrid Proto 95 X
Ping G410 4H 22º | KBS Tour Hybrid Proto 95 X
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 5-GW | Dynamic Gold X100
Cleveland RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 54 Mid, 60 Mid | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Evnroll ER5 | BGT Stability Tour
TaylorMade TP5

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

I agree with your statement about fitting based on driver numbers. I think marketing golf balls based on speed with any club is just nonsense because the game isn't played at one speed. However, it does simplify things for the consumer while generally providing a decent match for those who don't know or just don't care about all the nuances of ball design and ball fitting.

For those guys with lower swing speeds, I think the differences in performance are just too small to override feel - even on spin. Yes there are certainly differences, but I don't see many jumping up in price for a ball that may only be marginally better and sacrifice on the feel they want - that just doesn't seem to align with the average recreational golfer.

• Like 1

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Nike Vapor Pro Combo (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Pro S300
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura 6m 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

34 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

I agree with your statement about fitting based on driver numbers. I think marketing golf balls based on speed with any club is just nonsense because the game isn't played at one speed. However, it does simplify things for the consumer while generally providing a decent match for those who don't know or just don't care about all the nuances of ball design and ball fitting.

For those guys with lower swing speeds, I think the differences in performance are just too small to override feel - even on spin. Yes there are certainly differences, but I don't see many jumping up in price for a ball that may only be marginally better and sacrifice on the feel they want - that just doesn't seem to align with the average recreational golfer.

Agree with most of what you said. 

But feel is simply feel. Feel does not bring any performance characteristics with it. 

Softer compression drops spin. It's a fact. Are there some people that could use less spin on irons? Sure. But they're in the minority. 

And golf ball companies aren't marketing it that way. They're being deceitful. 

Look at Wilson's ball and marketing message from the PGA Show.. Soft is Long. Not soft is fast. It's long. Why is it long? Because you're dropping spin on wedges and irons. So yeah, you're gaining a club of distance with your sand wedge, but not because the ball is faster, it's because it spins less and softer compression does better at higher lofts. And when you hit off a few driver? It lags behind firmer balls, no matter what speed the player is swinging it. 

Golf ball fitting is a thing, but golf ball fitting based in swing speed is suspect at best. 

• Like 1

Putter ?????

SuperSpeed Forum Tester

9 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Agree with most of what you said. 

But feel is simply feel. Feel does not bring any performance characteristics with it. 

Softer compression drops spin. It's a fact. Are there some people that could use less spin on irons? Sure. But they're in the minority. 

And golf ball companies aren't marketing it that way. They're being deceitful. 

Look at Wilson's ball and marketing message from the PGA Show.. Soft is Long. Not soft is fast. It's long. Why is it long? Because you're dropping spin on wedges and irons. So yeah, you're gaining a club of distance with your sand wedge, but not because the ball is faster, it's because it spins less and softer compression does better at higher lofts. 

Golf ball fitting is a thing, but golf ball fitting based in swing speed is suspect at best. 

I see what you’re saying and agree, but speaking in general terms about the slower speed player I just don’t think they see the differences out on the course where it ultimately matters and if they can save a few bucks they will.

For those swinging north of 100mph (especially those who are past 110mph) the performance difference shows up on the launch monitor and on the course. I think the number of golfers looking to absolutely maximize performance below those speeds are relatively few.

For competing juniors and women, I agree 100%, but pretty much anyone playing competitively in 2020 will do the research to find the ball that performs best for their game.

Like you said, it’s deceptive marketing, but how much of the marketing out there (especially in golf) is 100% honest? They’re making a product targeted to a specific group of golfers and promoting it in a way that will help their bottom line. Frustrating for those of us who care and dedicate time to learning more about equipment, but we’re in the minority. We don’t buy the same way other guys do and the OEMs know that.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

I see what you’re saying and agree, but speaking in general terms about the slower speed player I just don’t think they see the differences out on the course where it ultimately matters and if they can save a few bucks they will.

For those swinging north of 100mph (especially those who are past 110mph) the performance difference shows up on the launch monitor and on the course. I think the number of golfers looking to absolutely maximize performance below those speeds are relatively few.

For competing juniors and women, I agree 100%, but pretty much anyone playing competitively in 2020 will do the research to find the ball that performs best for their game.

Like you said, it’s deceptive marketing, but how much of the marketing out there (especially in golf) is 100% honest? They’re making a product targeted to a specific group of golfers and promoting it in a way that will help their bottom line. Frustrating for those of us who care and dedicate time to learning more about equipment, but we’re in the minority. We don’t buy the same way other guys do and the OEMs know that.

Definitely agree with you in regards to price.  But then the question is why is the Bridgestone RX selling for the same price as the X and XS?  Just doesn't make sense.

• Like 2

Putter ?????

SuperSpeed Forum Tester

3 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Definitely agree with you in regards to price.  But then the question is why is the Bridgestone RX selling for the same price as the X and XS?  Just doesn't make sense.

Fair point and to be honest I was thinking for some reason that the RX line was at least slightly cheaper. I agree, performance should be prioritized significantly more than feel, but golfers as a whole make very confusing decisions about what we buy, how we buy it, and why we buy it to the point that it often runs counter-intuitive to how we'd purchase almost anything else in life lol.

• Like 2

On 2/12/2020 at 10:14 PM, ga_pike said:

Yeah...  12 feet, 3 feet, and 2 inches...  they don't call him Mr. 82 for nothing!  

To be fair (to be fair, to be fair...  any Letterkenny fans?)...  I haven't played with him since he got the new putter.  I just like busting his balls.  

Why am I just now seeing this.  😔

Busting my balls?  Well, I can confirm I have two.  Not one, so no war hero, and I am no freak with more than 2 either; busted or not by you are anyone else for that matter.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver, 3 Fairway
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Irons - 18° & 21°
  • :Hogan: Ft. Worth Hi Utility Iron - 24°
  • :callaway-small: Forged Razr X 6-A Wedge irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 54° & 58°
  • :ping-small: Sigma2 Tyne Putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:NX7 Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS
On 2/16/2020 at 4:44 PM, fixyurdivot said:

OK, timeout.  Except for the first putt, you never looked down the line on the next three... kind of like trying to figure out a David Copperfield illusion 🤔😉.  Nice practice putting green btw.

Yesterday I found a Bridgestone "Extra Soft" in my bag while grabbing a few balls for the round.  After losing an RXS into the lake on #3, I grabbed this one and completed the round with it.  To be totally honest, I did not notice any difference between these two balls (I'd played the RXS for several rounds).  Much like the Maxfli Tour and Tour X testing I did, I'm finding very subtle differences in the higher end balls. Perhaps this is more a reflection of my game or caliber of courses I play, but I'm still not convinced the use of tour level balls is lowering my scores.  

See the source image

I guess I glossed over a few posts in this thread and missed this one as well.

I hadn't thought about looking down my line at the putt, but when it's the same putt you've hit close to a thousand times now, I guess I don't need to look.  8 feet, straight down the line.  I stuck a piece of masking tape down at the 8 foot mark, so I just put the ball there and fire.  Birdieball is not bad, and perhaps it's helping my consistency on the greens.  If nothing else, it's an escape when I can't get out of the house to a real putting green.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver, 3 Fairway
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Irons - 18° & 21°
  • :Hogan: Ft. Worth Hi Utility Iron - 24°
  • :callaway-small: Forged Razr X 6-A Wedge irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 54° & 58°
  • :ping-small: Sigma2 Tyne Putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:NX7 Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

I like to work from the green backwards to get the feel for what ball works best.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

:cobra-small: Driver F9                     

:cobra-small: 5 wood 18 TS2 

:mizuno-small:  Irons 4i / 9i MP-20 HMB   
:mizuno-small: wedge T20 46* 50*                                                           

:callaway-small: Wedges MD5 Jaws  58/x

:mizuno-small: Putter M-Craft II black

:titelist-small: Tour speed

Review is up, sans spending to much time fighting some format errors which plagued, and limiting word count.

Boiled down, for me and this ball, the Tour BX........I was playing only Srixon Z-Star XV and ProV1x's last year. Suffice it to say, this year will be Z-Star XV AND Bridgestone Tour BX. I already had 4 dozen Z-Star XV's in closet before getting picked for this so I'll play those, but the B'stone for me will certainly replace the Prov1x as an option. Tour BX just gets through the wind much better for me with irons and off tee with Driver. I fight spin and the ProV1x's (for me) get to much "float" when compared this Tour BX

EDIT: and the Tour BX cover durability, far surpassed the other two balls mentioned in my opinion. That cover survives extremely well I thought

Edited by Trial&Error
  • Like 4
3 hours ago, Trial&Error said:

EDIT: and the Tour BX cover durability, far surpassed the other two balls mentioned in my opinion. That cover survives extremely well I thought

This, IMO, is a really important factor. 

• Like 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

3 hours ago, Trial&Error said:

Review is up, sans spending to much time fighting some format errors which plagued, and limiting word count.

Boiled down, for me and this ball, the Tour BX........I was playing only Srixon Z-Star XV and ProV1x's last year. Suffice it to say, this year will be Z-Star XV AND Bridgestone Tour BX. I already had 4 dozen Z-Star XV's in closet before getting picked for this so I'll play those, but the B'stone for me will certainly replace the Prov1x as an option. Tour BX just gets through the wind much better for me with irons and off tee with Driver. I fight spin and the ProV1x's (for me) get to much "float" when compared this Tour BX

Agreed, I only have 2 rounds with B X but it holds up better than 2019 V1X. Which to me has been the least durable cover on a Pro V in a long time. 

• Like 4

:taylormade-small:             SIM 9.5* (GD XC 6X) 

:taylormade-small:             SIM 15* (GD DI 7X) 

:taylormade-small:             2 DHY (GD DI HY8X)

:srixon-small:                     Z585 4-5 (KBS C Taper S)

:srixon-small:                     Z785 6-PW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey  SM8 49 08 F ( KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 59 04 L   (KBS 610)

:bettinardi-1:                Studio Stock 28 Slotback 33.5"

:bridgestone-small:       Tour BX

:Arccos:

Twitter         @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Hopefully heading out in the am... 28° it says for the Frost Sweepers...

Need another round before I get my review up.

Wish me luck. 🥶

13 hours ago, Shankster said:

Wish me luck. 🥶

I think that's the temp they keep game time hockey pucks - might mask the "feel" part of your review.  Have fun.

• Like 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

Wish me luck. 🥶

Damn luck, I wish you warmth
  • Like 2

Ping G410 LST 9º | Tensei CK Orange 70 X
Ping G410 3W 14.5º | VA Composites Drago 75 X
Ping G410 3H 18º | KBS Tour Hybrid Proto 95 X
Ping G410 4H 22º | KBS Tour Hybrid Proto 95 X
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 5-GW | Dynamic Gold X100
Cleveland RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 54 Mid, 60 Mid | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Evnroll ER5 | BGT Stability Tour
TaylorMade TP5

***NOT AN OFFICIAL TESTER****  I hope y'all do not mind my two cents being added to this post.  I bought the Tour B X, as it is what I am familiar with, but I intend to use the V-fit once I get past my off-season rust.  My first impressions was that Bridgestone stepped up their game with the visuals, I liked the graphic on the box. It's a vanity thing but imo it really seems they are wanting to move up in sales and it has shelf appeal.  Now as far as the ball itself, when I first touched the ball, I was blown away by the texture of the cover, and the dimple pattern looks noticeably different than the previous generation. My current gamer is the Pro v1x, but I did try the 2018 model Tour B X last summer, so I will compare this one with both models. 

2020 Tour B X Round 1- I put this ball in play without practicing at all with the ball prior to my round, I really wanted to go into this in game mode without any ideas of how it would preform and just see how it would go.  It was a chilly, windy and a little rainy day in College Station, so the odds were not in its favor, nut I had the best round of the season so far and I really enjoyed this ball. It is very firm off the woods, and solid off my irons, so I can really notice the "REACTIV" cover is not just a marketing term, and I will touch more on this when I compare it to the previous model. As I mentioned earlier the cover is noticeably textured, and I am not sure if it was subconsciously adjusting but I really felt confident standing over the ball when 60 yards and in, and had the best pitching day I have had ever. The ball really checked up, and I had several pitches from 50-60 yards that I left within 3 feet, and for me that is exceptional and unlike my game. All I can really chalk that up to is that I felt like that cover was gonna make it stop, and I could really put a confident swing on it and it preformed amazing!  On well struck hits the ball held its line perfectly, which was needed on a day that the wind gusts were 30 mph. Another highlight of the cover and spin claims, I hit an 8-iron out of the deep stuff( 2" thin grass) I hit it clean and it launched high, when it hit the green it rolled out about 5 feet. I was very impressed with the stopping power it had for a distance, not the spin ball in the line-up. I rotated a sleeve throughout the round, when one was plugged in mud I would switch it with a clean one( lift,clean,and place). I hit a tree and a cart path funny enough, and in several bunkers all cleaned up and miraculously all 3 balls survived the round(rare) and all three look brand new.   

2020 Tour BX vs 2018 Tour BX-  This is not a same day comparison, so this will not be a performance based comparison, but I have a ball or two left and can do that when I have a free day.  The big difference is in the cover, the big reason I did not make the previous generation my gamer is because it felt too soft. Off the tee, I felt like I was hitting a tennis ball. The 2018 was long and straight and had great durability, I just wanted more spin on my short shots, and a firmer ball. Enter "REACTIV" cover, from the first hit off the tee I was amazed, it didn't even feel like the same ball. It was not a rock or hitting marbles, it just felt strong is the best way I can describe the way it felt. Then with the irons it was softer, not soft, but again it felt solid. I had a great wedge day but I felt alot better about the chipping, and I was coming up short due to expecting more rollout that the previous model would give me. The durability is top notch as what I have noticed about Bridgestone balls. The 2018 was a great ball, but 2020 imo improved, and is an excellent ball. 

2020 Tour BXvs Current Gamer Pro V1x-  Again not a same day comparison, but can do one in the future. Pro V1's have always been my go to ball, I will try a different brand but always gravitate back to Titleist. I play(ed) the X for the spin it had over the Pro V1. I like the confidence I get knowing they make a great product and have alot of checks the balls go through, same as Bridgestone which are positives for both( I do not need another reason for a ball going off line). I stayed with Titleist over last years Bridgestone's due to the control I had on the greens. In this round I am playing my home course, and familiar with where I normally hit the ball, but still strike is king and I had a good day, and because of that I noticed increased distance even on a wet day. On the first tee I was introduced by the distance gains the BX gave me, I hit 3 wood where I normally hit driver( working on mental game and playing a more conservative appraoch help that, and thats why I was laying up), my 3 wood went where I normally hit my driver. I noticed this throughout the round, well struck shots were about a club longer. The major performance category that I base my ball decisions on is how it performs on the greens, and it performed much like the Titleist which is my Gold standard in that category. Something that is important to me is the durability, I would have to give that one to the Bridegstone, most of my Titleist's can go one round or one bunker and then it goes to my chipping bag, and so far the Bridgestone ball holds up a little better. So as far as I see it, the 2020 BX is a real contender, and checks all my boxes.  I will be doing further testing with it as it warms up, but this very well my be my new gamer. Thanks spies 

• Like 5

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* :Fuji:  Ventus Black 6X

PXG Gen2 0341X 14* Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 70X

:titelist-small: TS2 17.25* Hzrdus Smoke 70X

:Sub70: 699U 22* KBS Tour 130X

:Sub70: CB 5,6 Dynamic Gold X100

:Sub70: MB 7-PW Dynamic Gold X100

:mizuno-small: T20 50*, 56*,60* Dynamic Gold S400

:EVNROLL: ER2 34” 

:Clicgear:  3.5+ Push Cart

:Arccos: Caddie Smart Sensors

Just now, cjeffs12 said:

***NOT AN OFFICIAL TESTER****  I hope y'all do not mind my two cents being added to this post.  I bought the Tour B X, as it is what I am familiar with, but I intend to use the V-fit once I get past my off-season rust.  My first impressions was that Bridgestone stepped up their game with the visuals, I liked the graphic on the box. It's a vanity thing but imo it really seems they are wanting to move up in sales and it has shelf appeal.  Now as far as the ball itself, when I first touched the ball, I was blown away by the texture of the cover, and the dimple pattern looks noticeably different than the previous generation. My current gamer is the Pro v1x, but I did try the 2018 model Tour B X last summer, so I will compare this one with both models. 

2020 Tour B X Round 1- I put this ball in play without practicing at all with the ball prior to my round, I really wanted to go into this in game mode without any ideas of how it would preform and just see how it would go.  It was a chilly, windy and a little rainy day in College Station, so the odds were not in its favor, nut I had the best round of the season so far and I really enjoyed this ball. It is very firm off the woods, and solid off my irons, so I can really notice the "REACTIV" cover is not just a marketing term, and I will touch more on this when I compare it to the previous model. As I mentioned earlier the cover is noticeably textured, and I am not sure if it was subconsciously adjusting but I really felt confident standing over the ball when 60 yards and in, and had the best pitching day I have had ever. The ball really checked up, and I had several pitches from 50-60 yards that I left within 3 feet, and for me that is exceptional and unlike my game. All I can really chalk that up to is that I felt like that cover was gonna make it stop, and I could really put a confident swing on it and it preformed amazing!  On well struck hits the ball held its line perfectly, which was needed on a day that the wind gusts were 30 mph. Another highlight of the cover and spin claims, I hit an 8-iron out of the deep stuff( 2" thin grass) I hit it clean and it launched high, when it hit the green it rolled out about 5 feet. I was very impressed with the stopping power it had for a distance, not the spin ball in the line-up. I rotated a sleeve throughout the round, when one was plugged in mud I would switch it with a clean one( lift,clean,and place). I hit a tree and a cart path funny enough, and in several bunkers all cleaned up and miraculously all 3 balls survived the round(rare) and all three look brand new.   

2020 Tour BX vs 2018 Tour BX-  This is not a same day comparison, so this will not be a performance based comparison, but I have a ball or two left and can do that when I have a free day.  The big difference is in the cover, the big reason I did not make the previous generation my gamer is because it felt too soft. Off the tee, I felt like I was hitting a tennis ball. The 2018 was long and straight and had great durability, I just wanted more spin on my short shots, and a firmer ball. Enter "REACTIV" cover, from the first hit off the tee I was amazed, it didn't even feel like the same ball. It was not a rock or hitting marbles, it just felt strong is the best way I can describe the way it felt. Then with the irons it was softer, not soft, but again it felt solid. I had a great wedge day but I felt alot better about the chipping, and I was coming up short due to expecting more rollout that the previous model would give me. The durability is top notch as what I have noticed about Bridgestone balls. The 2018 was a great ball, but 2020 imo improved, and is an excellent ball. 

2020 Tour BXvs Current Gamer Pro V1x-  Again not a same day comparison, but can do one in the future. Pro V1's have always been my go to ball, I will try a different brand but always gravitate back to Titleist. I play(ed) the X for the spin it had over the Pro V1. I like the confidence I get knowing they make a great product and have alot of checks the balls go through, same as Bridgestone which are positives for both( I do not need another reason for a ball going off line). I stayed with Titleist over last years Bridgestone's due to the control I had on the greens. In this round I am playing my home course, and familiar with where I normally hit the ball, but still strike is king and I had a good day, and because of that I noticed increased distance even on a wet day. On the first tee I was introduced by the distance gains the BX gave me, I hit 3 wood where I normally hit driver( working on mental game and playing a more conservative appraoch help that, and thats why I was laying up), my 3 wood went where I normally hit my driver. I noticed this throughout the round, well struck shots were about a club longer. The major performance category that I base my ball decisions on is how it performs on the greens, and it performed much like the Titleist which is my Gold standard in that category. Something that is important to me is the durability, I would have to give that one to the Bridegstone, most of my Titleist's can go one round or one bunker and then it goes to my chipping bag, and so far the Bridgestone ball holds up a little better. So as far as I see it, the 2020 BX is a real contender, and checks all my boxes.  I will be doing further testing with it as it warms up, but this very well my be my new gamer. Thanks spies 

Always welcome feedback from anyone - even if you weren't selected to test.  Well done!

• Like 2

StrokerAce
:tour-edge: EXS 220 HZRDUS Smoke
:cobra-small:  King F7 3w Fujikara 
:callaway-small:  Apex 20 Catalyst 6.0
:callaway-small:  Apex 23 Catalyst 6.0
--------------------------
:srixon-small: Z785 KBS CTaper lite
:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 54/58 
:ping-small: Sigma G Kinloch C 
--------------------------
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro rangefinder
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130 cart bag
Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

I kept getting FedEx updates all week saying my new driver would be here today.... little did I know that my had ordered something on the same day, and I got the shipping notifications mixed up!!

Driver won’t be here till Saturday.

I’m finishing up my review for tomorrow. And I’ll update you all on Saturday night hopefully how these things handle the Ugly Stick.

If they act anything like they did with the 3 wood, I should see some monster drives... for me anyways.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Shankster said:

I kept getting FedEx updates all week saying my new driver would be here today.... little did I know that my had ordered something on the same day, and I got the shipping notifications mixed up!!

Driver won’t be here till Saturday.

I’m finishing up my review for tomorrow. And I’ll update you all on Saturday night hopefully how these things handle the Ugly Stick.

If they act anything like they did with the 3 wood, I should see some monster drives... for me anyways.

So what new big stick did you get?

• TaylorMade M5 9.0 - Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 6X OR PX HZRDUS Green 60 6.5 TX
  • TaylorMade M6 15 - PX HZRDUS Green 80 6.5 TX
  • Adams Red 18 - Matrix Altus Tour X
  • Callaway X Forged UT 19 - Aldila Rogue Black 105 TX
  • Srixon Z965 4-P - PX 6.0 LS (hs 1x) --------------- FORUM TESTING /// Sub 70 Golf 699 Pro 4-P - KBS Tour X
  • Cleveland RTX 4 52/58 Mid - DG TI S400
  • Scotty Cameron X7 Phantom 34”
  • Bridgestone B XS