GolfSpy MPR

2020 Official Member Review: Bridgestone White Box Ball

Our Sponsors

So what new big stick did you get?

GEN 1 PXG... I didn’t want to jump on that train because I didn’t like the company, and whatnot... But for the price I paid, I couldn’t pass it up.
  • Like 3

Review is up everyone. Please stay tuned for updates along the way!

• Like 2

Had to edit the post. It said “off the kids and long irons they sound soft”...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

My Tour B RXS balls arrived today that I won from Pete Pappas on Twitter. So, what's a guy to do? Go to the range! I couldn't get out and play, I have a meatloaf in the smoker and had to get home to get it out. This hanging out with friends thing is overrated....
20200229_124831-01.jpeg20200229_124900-01.jpeg

My first impressions are positive, based on the putting and chipping greens. They feel great off both clubs. Controlling the Bridgestone's with the putter was easy, they stopped close to the hole on lag putts and on short putts they were money.

I hit a few short chips just of the fringe and they checked nicely before rolling out some. They also performed well from 20-30 yards on the chipping green. They seem to have a slightly lower ball flight than I'm used to, but they didn't have a problem stopping once they hit the green.

So far, so good. I'll come back once I can get on the course and hit them when it matters. I'm really curious to see how they do off the driver and irons, but a good short game matters. I'm hoping to see the trend keep up with the wedges and maybe I can improve my chipping handicap on Arccos.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 5

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know my review is up!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/35884-2020-official-member-review-bridgestone-white-box-ball/?do=findComment&comment=586494

I will be continuing to comment on the Tour B RXS as I plan to use this ball in rotation with Prov1x for further evaluation.

• Like 3

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook #TeamCobraONE

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm wieght in back, 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 21.5* Hybrid Project X CATALYST 80 6.0

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

:titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I’ve not been able to play as much as I hoped to this winter, with a combination of work, health, and poor weather impacting playing time.  But I hope to play this weekend, and have a par 3 tourney next weekend.  I should then be ready to post my review.  Thanks for the patience.  

• Like 2

------------------------------

Driver:  :cleveland-small: Classics XL 10.5 - Miyazaki Tour Issue 6 S-flex

Fairway:srixon-small: f65 15* - Miyazaki Kaula Mizo 5 R-flex

Hybrid:Hogan: 18* - Proforce V2 Stff

Irons:Hogan: PTxPro 4-PW - UST Mamiya Recoil 780 F4

Wedges:Hogan: Equalizer 50 Recoil F4, 56 and 60 with KBS Tour 90 Stiff

Putter:  :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red Sightline - double-bend black steel 34"

I was supposed to play today, but my playing partner was left alone with his two year old daughter while his wife went to a wedding out of state. I decided instead of playing solo to hit the driving range and get some more time around the chipping and putting greens with the RXS.

I took two of the RXS and one of last year's BX to play around with and compare. I know it's not an apples to apples comparison, but I didn't have any of the older model RXS to compare it to.

Pitching and chipping: I definitely love the feel and sound of a well struck wedge with these balls. It's a bit softer in both regards compared to the BX. Both spun extremely well and were stopping close to where I landed them on shots between 15-30 yards. I do regret that the chipping green is basically short mown fairway.
20200307_154459-01.jpeg
I would've loved to been able to hit to an actual green, but I don't think the course workers would have appreciated me hitting to the putting green or sneaking over the the 5th hole to practice.

Putting: I took the balls over to the putting green and did some short chips to a hole then putted out from where they stopped. Distance control was easy making a putting strike with the wedge I could get them to check a little or have them roll out. I even chipped one in to the back flag!
20200307_161823-01.jpeg
They were noticeably less clicky off the flat stick than the BX and just felt good.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get out soon and put the RXS to the test on the course. I'm really anxious to see how they perform with the full swing. I'm pleased with them so far, I just need to see how they perform under pressure.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

On 3/7/2020 at 12:28 PM, sirchunksalot said:

I was supposed to play today, but my playing partner was left alone with his two year old daughter while his wife went to a wedding out of state. I decided instead of playing solo to hit the driving range and get some more time around the chipping and putting greens with the RXS.

I took two of the RXS and one of last year's BX to play around with and compare. I know it's not an apples to apples comparison, but I didn't have any of the older model RXS to compare it to.

Pitching and chipping: I definitely love the feel and sound of a well struck wedge with these balls. It's a bit softer in both regards compared to the BX. Both spun extremely well and were stopping close to where I landed them on shots between 15-30 yards. I do regret that the chipping green is basically short mown fairway.
20200307_154459-01.jpeg
I would've loved to been able to hit to an actual green, but I don't think the course workers would have appreciated me hitting to the putting green or sneaking over the the 5th hole to practice.

Putting: I took the balls over to the putting green and did some short chips to a hole then putted out from where they stopped. Distance control was easy making a putting strike with the wedge I could get them to check a little or have them roll out. I even chipped one in to the back flag!
20200307_161823-01.jpeg
They were noticeably less clicky off the flat stick than the BX and just felt good.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get out soon and put the RXS to the test on the course. I'm really anxious to see how they perform with the full swing. I'm pleased with them so far, I just need to see how they perform under pressure.

I want to try these, and the XS. If the RXS is good enough for Freddy, I can't see why it couldn't be for me. That said, getting ProV's for cheaper just seems like a no brainer for price:performance

Edited by yungkory
forgot to quote because I'm a doofus
  • Like 5

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 60.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

On 3/9/2020 at 12:28 AM, yungkory said:

I want to try these, and the XS. If the RXS is good enough for Freddy, I can't see why it couldn't be for me. That said, getting ProV's for cheaper just seems like a no brainer for price:performance

After trying the Tour B X, but since winter I did not keep up my speed training and my swing speed fell down to around 108 to 110. I did notice on my slower swings I felt I wasn’t getting all the performance out of the ball, but on my faster swings it was very long. So I bought a sleeve of the Tour B XS to try, and wow it felt and performed amazing! The added spin really neutralized my ball flight off the tee and kept it in the air longer. I had 3 drives over 300 and before that I usually had one maybe 2, and 2 more into 20+ mph winds that were over 275. With the irons and wedges they spun the right amount for me, and no loss in distance that I could tell. Around the green they would check up really well, and bump and runs were good as well. The picture is from a 7 iron off a tee on a par 3, and it stopped very close to the pitch mark. It performed as well as the Pro V1x which I play(ed). I really enjoyed the ball, so I just purchased a dozen, trying to figure out which one I will game for when they do their buy x get one free deals come along. I highly recommend trying them, I was very pleased. 

768561D9-F162-4EFA-94DA-D8E64A32A602.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Love 1

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* :Fuji:  Ventus Black 6X

PXG Gen2 0341X 15* Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 70X

:titelist-small: TS2 18* Hzrdus Smoke 70X

:Sub70: 699U 19.5* Hzrdus Smoke 90X

:Sub70: 699U 22* KBS Tour 130X

:Sub70: CB 5,6 Dynamic Gold X100

:Sub70: MB 7-PW Dynamic Gold X100

:mizuno-small: T20 50*, 56* S400

:EVNROLL: ER2 34” Gravity Grip

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

:Clicgear:  3.5+ Push Cart

:Arccos: Caddie Smart Sensors

14 minutes ago, cjeffs12 said:

After trying the Tour B X, but since winter I did not keep up my speed training and my swing speed fell down to around 108 to 110. I did notice on my slower swings I felt I wasn’t getting all the performance out of the ball, but on my faster swings it was very long. So I bought a sleeve of the Tour B XS to try, and wow it felt and performed amazing! The added spin really neutralized my ball flight off the tee and kept it in the air longer. I had 3 drives over 300 and before that I usually had one maybe 2, and 2 more into 20+ mph winds that were over 275. With the irons and wedges they spun the right amount for me, and no loss in distance that I could tell. Around the green they would check up really well, and bump and runs were good as well. The picture is from a 7 iron off a tee on a par 3, and it stopped very close to the pitch mark. It performed as well as the Pro V1x which I play(ed). I really enjoyed the ball, so I just purchased a dozen, trying to figure out which one I will game for when they do their buy x get one free deals come along. I highly recommend trying them, I was very pleased. 

768561D9-F162-4EFA-94DA-D8E64A32A602.jpeg

Thanks for that write up! I'm right there with you, I'll buy some if they do a bulk discount

• Like 2

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 60.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Last round out. Two bombs of drives about as equal as I can put on a swing.

Blue circle is the XS... Red circle is the -V1x...

Which one should I use?

IMG_7238.JPG

• Like 3

That’s quite a bit of difference Shankster, is that a 20 V1X ?

• Like 1

:cobra-small: Driver F9                     

:cobra-small: 5 wood 18 TS2 

:mizuno-small:  Irons 4i / 9i MP-20 HMB   
:mizuno-small: wedge T20 46* 50*                                                           

:callaway-small: Wedges MD5 Jaws  58/x

:mizuno-small: Putter M-Craft II black

:taylormade-small: Tour Response 

That’s quite a bit of difference Shankster, is that a 20 V1X ?

Yeah. It’s the Left Dash ProV1x.
  • Like 2
  • Off Topic 1

2 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Yeah. It’s the Left Dash ProV1x.

Do you have any problems holding greens with left dash? If not, definitely left dash. 

• Like 2

Do you have any problems holding greens with left dash? If not, definitely left dash. 

Only played a few holes with it against the XS.

I am a high spin player and sometimes have problems taking spin off the XS. The -V1x grabs enough for me. Just feels like I’m hitting a marble.
  • Like 4

Dispersion looks slightly better on the XS, but I think I'd be gaming the -V1X.

Might be, but I alway try to end up on that red dotted line where the rough will start. Even in the summer time. If not you can’t go at the green in 2, the angle from the left side of the fairway you’d have to hit a Rory draw to hold the green from there.
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Only played a few holes with it against the XS.

I am a high spin player and sometimes have problems taking spin off the XS. The -V1x grabs enough for me. Just feels like I’m hitting a marble.

Yeah the XS really spins, I had one spin off the green and into a bunker. Taking spin off is pretty difficult to master, but not sure I could go a round hitting marbles. Tough decision 

• Like 2

I have been testing the RX. On the positive side, I think the Reactiv cover really does the job on shorter shots. I’ve found that I’ve had to adjust my strategy on short shots around the green, because this ball really checks up and rolls less on all kinds of chips and pitches. A noticeable difference compared to my usual ZStar.

But the jury is still out on these because I suspect that they’re a fair bit shorter than the ZStar. I seem to be about a club shorter with irons and wedges, and possibly woods as well, but I haven’t had much opportunity to test them side by side with the ZStars yet. That’s why I haven’t completed my official review. I’d like to get a couple of casual rounds in where I can play both balls from the same locations to check into this.

Thanks for the patience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

------------------------------

Driver:  :cleveland-small: Classics XL 10.5 - Miyazaki Tour Issue 6 S-flex

Fairway:srixon-small: f65 15* - Miyazaki Kaula Mizo 5 R-flex

Hybrid:Hogan: 18* - Proforce V2 Stff

Irons:Hogan: PTxPro 4-PW - UST Mamiya Recoil 780 F4

Wedges:Hogan: Equalizer 50 Recoil F4, 56 and 60 with KBS Tour 90 Stiff

Putter:  :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red Sightline - double-bend black steel 34"

My wife just broke some bad news to me... I had the box that these things showed up in sitting in our entryway... like a dummy I put it right above the recycling bin... about 24 of these were sent to an early trip through the shredder. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Not to worry, I have a few left, and plan on buying some of the retail versions to keep the updates coming.

• Haha 1