GolfSpy MPR

2020 Official Member Review: Bridgestone White Box Ball

Our Sponsors

Congrats to all selected! I am really curious about what the results will be, especially since I already bought 4 dozen Bridgestone Tour B X when they went on sale this fall, thanks to MGS’ ball test. When I read about this new tech on the forum I was both intrigued with the potential they might have while simultaneously being a bit bummed out that I might have 4 dozen balls that were not quite optimal for my game. Ah, the irony of it all. Read MGS in order to be well informed about equipment only to discover I’m still behind the curve. 🤣 

What would be really interesting would be to have El Tigre’s insider’s comments to compare with those of our own testers. I expect there would be very similar observations.

• Like 2

Thanks for the opportunity MGS! I’m really excited about testing these and comparing them to my current gamer. I’ve always liked Bridgestone golf balls so I suspect this will be another solid offering!

• Like 4

Looking forward to testing these balls out.  I appreciate the opportunity!

• Like 4

Congrats to you all! This is going to be really awesome and I can’t wait to hear about everyone’s findings. I work for a major golf shop and have access to launch monitors for dry ball data and then compare that to real world on the course experiences. 

• Like 3

Congrats testers! This should be an interesting test and it looks like we've got the group to get 'er done. I'm looking forward to seeing what Bridgestone has in store for their 2020 golf balls. Have fun!

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

Congrats everyone! I'll be one of those following along while snowed in 🤣

• Like 2

Y’all have fun! If the conversation on the podcast is true, and increased spin on chip shots, or shots around the green, are what distinguish this from other B-Stone offerings, good luck at getting measure of those numbers! That’s gonna be a tough one to validate. I can’t wait to see, though!!! Have fun!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

Congratulations all. Interested in seeing your thoughts and what version these balls actually are.

• Like 1

This is an awesome test!  Love blind testing.  Not knowing which ball is what & playing them all side by side in different situations to see how they act.  Priceless!  This will be a fun test & I look forward to hearing your thoughts.  Congrats guys! 

• Like 3

Congrats to our testers!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

The latest issue of Golf Digest includes an extended article detailing Tiger Woods's ball testing procedure with Bridgestone:
GD120119_PLAY_Tiger_01.jpg
Why mention that here? Because Tiger's testing was done without knowledge of the intended characteristics of the balls Bridgestone put in front of him:
GD120119_PLAY_Tiger_02.jpg
And that's exactly what twelve(!) MyGolfSpy Forum Members get to do now! Bridgestone will be shipping out a couple of sleeves of balls these members. What are they? What are they supposed to help with? We don't know! And that's the key: this is a blind, unbiased review, without coming in with expectations of performance based on the OEM's claims.
I'm excited to read our members' thoughts on these new Bridgestone balls. Who will be playing the role of Tiger for our community?
  • [mention=87965]dalejbrass[/mention]
  • [mention=86024]daviddvm[/mention]
  • [mention=83763]DrMJG[/mention]
  • [mention=82058]FiveGs[/mention]
  • [mention=65394]gbtrsc[/mention]
  • [mention=71158]GSwag[/mention]
  • [mention=89716]jddaigneault[/mention]
  • [mention=67511]mr.hicksta[/mention]
  • [mention=69396]Shankster[/mention]
  • [mention=84783]Smellis745[/mention]
  • [mention=85329]Trial&Error[/mention]
  • [mention=72400]yungkory[/mention]
Congrats to these members, and the rest of us can read up on their testing when we're not shoveling snow!

Congratulations guys, hitem well!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Thanks for the awesome opportunity! This one is going to be a lot of fun. Having no preconceived notion about the ball should be an interesting wrinkle in getting it out in the course to see what it can do. I’m geeking out about this one!

• Like 4

Congrats testers!! That looks like a really good group! After participating in the e12 test early in the year, I'm really interested to see the results and what everyone thinks. It will be fun to find out what was what when the next BigB ball is released.

• Like 5

I’m excited to be part of my first MGS test! I’ll do my best! 

Glad to have you in the test! Can’t wait to read your review! Let us know if you have questions along the way.
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, yungkory said:

👀

image.png.41a1096ad9ada7eac65112dda0beec34.png

Not bad for a mishit

Catch that one a little fade-y?

On 12/8/2019 at 8:07 AM, dalejbrass said:

I’m excited to be part of my first MGS test! I’ll do my best! 

Congrats on the first test!  Have fun!

• Like 1