GolfSpy MPR

2020 Official Member Review: Bridgestone White Box Ball

Our Sponsors

Link, where and what are you seeing?

Oh just several golf industry types I follow on IG. PGA Pappas is the one I’ve seen the most from. I’m itching to get mine in hand!
  • Like 2

This is good news!

IMG_7052.PNG

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Y'all mainlanders are getting yours first, naturally. ETA on mine is 1/21, but @yungkory hasn't received shipping notification yet!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mr.hicksta said:

Y'all mainlanders are getting yours first, naturally. ETA on mine is 1/21, but @yungkory hasn't received shipping notification yet!

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

• Like 2

Mine arrived today. I’m marking some out now. Ready to see how these compare to the previous generation as well as the Z Star 6 I currently play.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

17 hours ago, yungkory said:

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Just checked tracking again and it's a 5 lb box so I'll slide a couple sleeves your way so we can get this test on!!!

• Love 1

24 minutes ago, mr.hicksta said:

Just checked tracking again and it's a 5 lb box so I'll slide a couple sleeves your way so we can get this test on!!!

I wish these things would show up already. I'm really curios to see if they are everything they claim they are.

• Like 1

Just hit my door, thank you Bridgestone!

20200117_143050.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 2

To our other testers, some of which have received these yesterday and those who also get them today.........my imagination or when taking them out and "handling" them, do they feel as though they have a tactile feel of sorts? Is this me and my mind or do they seem in a way "sticky" against the fingers with the cover?

EDIT: Drug out a new sleeve of my Srixon V-Star XV's, maybe more similar in feel of handling than thought possibly, both have a similar tactile feel to me

Edited by Trial&Error
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Trial&Error said:

Just hit my door, thank you Bridgestone!

20200117_143050.jpg

That's a thing of beauty right there!

• Like 1

IMG_7055.JPG

• Like 4

I will be doing some testing on Sunday with a launch monitor at work. I will be using a 54 degree, 7 iron, Driver.

• Like 1

A brown box from Bridgestone. Whatever could this be?BACF686E-4566-4F99-A4E9-E0D6586AD4C6.thumb.jpeg.7022c3e100fcff9338169ede0580c957.jpeg

YESSSSSSSS! It’s golf ball testing time!C28A0AF5-0258-4B33-976F-E8B76B126CB2.thumb.jpeg.cef584e36fec6f93d9f5e8a75ac3f0f2.jpeg

This is totally awesome. Several prototype boxes, all containing two Bridgestone Tour B XS golf balls. I feel more like Tiger already. 4B4B98FA-89D1-4D22-95F3-14D84D58AF11.thumb.jpeg.6f8ec8dee841c8020a02545128ecec1f.jpeg

Don't go trying to steal these bad boys. You’ve been warned. What happens if/when I lose one...?D6E6E121-AF19-4435-B5DB-CC1CEAF60461.thumb.jpeg.6e19a71f32e7b1cfdbb8035db3a03f6e.jpeg

These look and feel amazing. I just went from no weekend plans to Saturday morning golf! I can’t wait to see how these perform. The prior generation were a great ball, I’m curious what changes Bridgestone has made. I’ll have to see if I can dig up any of the old ones from my bag, Bridgestone has never been my gamer. 

No idea if these will be the right ball for me, but I must say that having done the fitting video with Bridgestone, I’m feeling a bit of extra confidence in these babies. We also have a Bridgestone rep coming out to fit the golf team with balls soon, it will be interesting to see if their findings are the same! 

To the course!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Trial&Error said:

To our other testers, some of which have received these yesterday and those who also get them today.........my imagination or when taking them out and "handling" them, do they feel as though they have a tactile feel of sorts? Is this me and my mind or do they seem in a way "sticky" against the fingers with the cover?

EDIT: Drug out a new sleeve of my Srixon V-Star XV's, maybe more similar in feel of handling than thought possibly, both have a similar tactile feel to me

Definitely noticed what you’re talking about as far as finger feel.  I hope the cover is durable.  

• Like 2

A brown box from Bridgestone. Whatever could this be?BACF686E-4566-4F99-A4E9-E0D6586AD4C6.thumb.jpeg.7022c3e100fcff9338169ede0580c957.jpeg
YESSSSSSSS! It’s golf ball testing time!C28A0AF5-0258-4B33-976F-E8B76B126CB2.thumb.jpeg.cef584e36fec6f93d9f5e8a75ac3f0f2.jpeg
This is totally awesome. Several prototype boxes, all containing two Bridgestone Tour B XS golf balls. I feel more like Tiger already. 4B4B98FA-89D1-4D22-95F3-14D84D58AF11.thumb.jpeg.6f8ec8dee841c8020a02545128ecec1f.jpeg
Don't go trying to steal these bad boys. You’ve been warned. What happens if/when I lose one...?D6E6E121-AF19-4435-B5DB-CC1CEAF60461.thumb.jpeg.6e19a71f32e7b1cfdbb8035db3a03f6e.jpeg
These look and feel amazing. I just went from no weekend plans to Saturday morning golf! I can’t wait to see how these perform. The prior generation were a great ball, I’m curious what changes Bridgestone has made. I’ll have to see if I can dig up any of the old ones from my bag, Bridgestone has never been my gamer. 

No idea if these will be the right ball for me, but I must say that having done the fitting video with Bridgestone, I’m feeling a bit of extra confidence in these babies. We also have a Bridgestone rep coming out to fit the golf team with balls soon, it will be interesting to see if their findings are the same! 
To the course!

Dang! Three dozen is NICE!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

LIMG_1936.JPGIMG_1938.JPGIMG_1939.JPGIMG_1940.JPGIMG_1941.JPGIMG_1942.JPGIMG_1943.JPGIMG_1944.JPG
Got the goods ready to do some testing
Thank you Bridgestone and MGS 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Smellis745 said:

Definitely noticed what you’re talking about as far as finger feel.  I hope the cover is durable.  

Just got mine in. I don't notice a difference in the feel of the covers in my hands, but the "dimple in a dimple" appears less pronounced in the prototypes? Pictures below for reference. Left is the 2018, and right is from the balls I was sent to test. I'm no professional photographer as you can tell, and I tried my best to have the light shine from a consistent angle, but every which way I position the balls, or my phone camera the result is the same

IMG_20200117_233343.jpg.578fbfad344280fcae5da6a3c7f78434.jpgIMG_20200117_234102.jpg.8b9583ca3996f42ba5a26695a5197bbd.jpg

On the subject of durability, if it's anything like the 2018 version it will be VERY durable.

• Like 9

Now that these are starting to trickle in.

What are some questions for us testers that you all would like answered?

Partial shot spin.  Has Bridgestone found a way to to increase shortgame spin while maintaining the durability and long game playability of the previous generation. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

Partial shot spin.  Has Bridgestone found a way to to increase shortgame spin while maintaining the durability and long game playability of the previous generation. 

I agree, as a tester for this, here is how I'm thinking I will go about things like this: I'm planning to go on course and base my testing with "non-target fixations" and instead the replication of putting strokes and replication of swings. I think, for me, this will help eliminate the task of getting close (or closer) to a target as a measure of success and instead being able to better quantify how the ball is reacting compared to my Srixon Z-star XV's. Anyone can stand there and "walk it in" closer and closer after reps, I'm planning to try and avoid that task.

I have some half swing wedges and yardages I know well at this point, hoping to go and hit many shots with the B'stones and my Srixons while focusing on making the same swings and try and then quantify the amount of "bite" and spin as it related to pitch marks and finish locations. Same idea for chipping

Also planning to replicate this idea for full wedges shots, irons and driver.......trying my best to be robotic with swing and let the balls be the dictator. This is where my head is with this, will also dot up alot of balls for the Mevo

Edited by Trial&Error
  • Like 1