TESTERS WANTED! ×

Eyes on 2020 as 2019 hits the rear view

As 2019 draws to a close let us pause for a moment to reflect on our golfing year and state our goals for 2020.

2019 for me was a year of tremendous personal and professional change. In the midst of all the turmoil Golf was my escape as well as my stabilizing force through these challenges. As the load became heavier Golf allowed me to breath again, recharge my batteries and Soldier on.

My golf in 2020 is simply to be more engaging with those who enter my 12 square feet. I play a lot of 9 hole single dude rounds. I also play a lot of “walk on” rounds with folks I’ve never met before. My golf goal for 2020 is to have a positive effect on those who I’m fortunate to meet and engage for 3 hours of my life. After all life really is more about heartbeats than head counts.

What say you?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

Well said Steddy, I'd like to shave a stroke off my handicap in 2020, play a few more rounds with the wife, and play a few courses I've never seen. Like you, golf is my escape also. I was fortunate enough to play with a lot of new people this year and really enjoyed meeting most of them.

:taylormade-small: M5 9.0* 
:titelist-small: 915d 18* & 21*
:titelist-small: 716 AP2 4&5
:titelist-small: ZB 6-P
:titelist-small: SM7 52-F, 56-S & SM6 60-K
:cameron-small: Futura X5

My kids are in late middle and early high school.  They don't want dear old dad around as much anymore.  Especially my oldest, who is fiercely independent.  Plus, they are off doing their own things.  My youngest played a lot of afternoon rounds with me after school/work.  After years of trying various things, my wife has found a hobby that she loves in photography.  She often tags along with me and my daughter to snap nature shots.  All in all, 2019 has been a personal success in terms of golf and quality of life.

I don't imagine I will change very much in 2020.  I think my family and I have found a recipe for happiness that we will ride until circumstances change.  Which, as I think about it, may be any moment now given we are engulfed with two teenage girls!

This past year I have been working to improve my short game and Iron play. My iron play has improved to 6 out of 10 my short game still is weak. So next year I will be working to improve that. Plus as I will be a young 78 next year my only real goal will be to shoot my age. So by improving my short game I should have a decent chance to reach that goal. Plus the most important goal is to just make sure I enjoy playing the game and don't make it seem like work.

In 2019(and every year leading up to now), I had a lot of self-inflicted damaged done to my game due to a club ho mentality. I had 5 or 6 different putters this year and I never really got into a groove with any of them. Probably because I never had 1 longer than a few rounds! Lol

This year I plan to stick to 1 putter for the entire season, which will hopefully lead to more rounds in the 70’s. Luckily for me I have until the middle to end of March to try as many as possible before settling on just 1.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

For 2020:

• More tournament rounds looping for my daughter.
  • Even more non-tournament rounds playing with my daughter, my dad, and ideally both of them together.
  • More short-set rounds.
  • Classics rounds with the Muirfields and the Apex Grinds.
  • Don't come up short so often - hit more club.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

2019 for me personally was good, not great. I mid year change of jobs kind of put a damper on some golf and personal life. Luckily I found a great job that I love with a lot less stress. So for that I am thankful.

2020 I plan to get in more rounds with my wife and Father in law ( he makes me drink beer and Golf.. Man I love him.. LOL), at 82 not sure how much longer he'll be able to play,  Daughter is at the age  where we are more a pain than a blessing.. Granddaughter has said she would like more golf so that is a huge positive. With my bag staying the same ( unless it doesn't ) I should be good to go for some more great rounds.. Shot in the 80's most of the year with only a couple in the low to mid 90's ( too much beer).. My goal for 2020 is not to go over 89, and break into the 70's again. How am I going to do that you ask? Play par 3 courses... Nah, focus on my contact. when I'm having a bad round or hole I tend to get a little free and hit fat shot.

that is how I head into 2020..

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

14 hours ago, MattF said:

2019 was the best golf year I've had. I got to play my annual game with @fozcycle in Florida. I played with @MaxEntropy a few times and we pot @Mr_Theoo out as well. @GolfSpy Barbajo surprised me with a round at Firestone and that was really the highlight of the year. I joined a "club" and played almost every weekend and got my handicap down to 14.4 at seasons end including shooting a 79. So, all in all, I had a great year golfing.

Looking ahead, I hope to get out again in March with @fozcycle and @revkev and play again with Blake and Sean. Also may be able to sort something out with @GolfSpy Barbajo to play again. I want to play as much as possible to try and get my handicap to a 10, if I can. I may even start practicing!

I can see us hitting the 'Stone a couple more times this season Matt.  Doubt I'll be able to get down to Florida in March, but will be St. Pete in early  May - hope to hook up with @fozcycle and @revkev then. 

Doing a year end miles grab next weekend - flying to LA and then driving to Palm Springs for rounds at Mission Hills and Indian Wells. The wife and I are doing a west coast trip next April - she's never seen the Pacific Ocean - but it would be unwise to bring the clubs on that trip 🙄 

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

5 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

I can see us hitting the 'Stone a couple more times this season Matt.  Doubt I'll be able to get down to Florida in March, but will be St. Pete in early  May - hope to hook up with @fozcycle and @revkev then. 

Doing a year end miles grab next weekend - flying to LA and then driving to Palm Springs for rounds at Mission Hills and Indian Wells. The wife and I are doing a west coast trip next April - she's never seen the Pacific Ocean - but it would be unwise to bring the clubs on that trip 🙄 

Y’all play firestone and don’t call me again we got problems! Lol

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

My 2019 for golf was an uneventful one. Being hurt all year really put a damper on wanting to play or practice much. Did get to play with @MattF and @MaxEntropy which i always enjoy though. Now that I feel that I’m fully healed I’m ready to make my Tiger like come back. Planning on being in the gym to get stronger, practice much more this offseason and might even change the bag up a bit. 

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

2019 was a year that started off with great promise, renewed distance and ball striking led to some great early season success.  Sadly though I didn't have the time to play that I would have liked and predictably I became less consistent - my low scores went from the low 70's to the high 70's and I also had some truly ugly rounds in the mix. 

I did play with a number of MGSers including Sportsman00, Foz and Rookie Blu.  Still hoping to get another MGS round in before year's end.  I loved the Ping Long Game test that I was a part of as well.

My golf goal for 2020 is to play more by focusing on my St. Pete league (the course is 5 minutes from work so if I drop the one in Tampa that's an hour drive during rush hour I should be able to play more and be more focused.)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

7 hours ago, Mr_Theoo said:

You're in, young man!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

9 hours ago, Mr_Theoo said:

I'm with you!

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

2019 was very successful for me in ways I hadn’t expected. I recall having lofty goals specifically related to on-course performance, but never really went down a path that led me toward achieving any of them - I don’t think I could be more grateful for that! In 2019 I got to take my game on the road to several new courses including a business trip to CO that granted me the unique opportunity to make a new friend in fellow spy @downlowkey. I played in several tournaments I hadn’t before and exceeded my expectations in the ones that mattered most. The only thing I wish I could have accomplished and didn’t is a round of 79 or better. I really wanted to break 80 again this year and just couldn’t quite get there, but I’ve come close several times and saw my scoring average drop by several strokes. I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before I break the barrier again and stay there.

As for 2020, I’m just hoping to discover a new group of friends to play with like the guys I know back home. I’m also hoping to make a special return trip to play in the Ozark Amateur again, but we’ll just have to wait and see what the year brings.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

This year started with my lowest score ever. I kept playing really well until about mid May when I slipped on a swing in wet weather and pulled a muscle in my back. I wasn’t out too long but it took a bit to get my swing back. In early July I started playing well again then the retina detached in my right eye. I couldn’t play for 5 weeks and it took forever to get my swing back.  My swing started to feel good again but the weather turned bad and then my other retina detached. So for next year I’m hoping to stay healthy.

D- Tour Edge EXS 220

4W- Sub 70 949X

Hybrid- Sub 70 949X

Utility- Sub 70 699 U  21 degree

Irons- Sub 70 749 5-PW

Wedges- Sub 70 286 50+54, Tour Edge 1 out 58 degree 

Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach soft # 11

Ball- Titleist Tour Soft

2019 has been an interesting year to say the least.  I came in with a focus to devote more time to instruction and practice, and consequently my game got to a point where I was playing consistently better than I ever have.  The Hard Rock Challenge this year was another success---I hope to implement some improvements next year that will help cultivate a fun challenge.  This year on the forum has been incredible.  I have enjoyed interacting with you guys more than ever.  Being an onlooker in the Cobra Connect Challenge brought some unbelievable surprises that have ended up helping my game, and the D7 challenge has opened my eyes to the world of equipment testing.

However not all was rosy.  Some aspects of my personal life began to demand much greater time commitments, which made golf take a back seat since the middle/end of the D7 challenge---and my golf game has taken a hit since.  My driver and putter have gone AWOL in the last month and despite limited but focused practice---I can't seem to find my stroke and it has really hampered my progress. 

For 2020, I plan to continue to devote time to instruction and more time to focused practice.  I managed to drop 3 strokes off of my handicap towards the end of the summer and I want that to be a continued trend for next year.  I plan on finally making the jump below bogey golf next year; while enjoying more rounds and meeting more of you guys from the forum.  Lastly for 2020, it is my goal to be even more plugged in here---and offer more to the community as a whole.  You guys have given me so much this year; I hope to be able to make a positive impact on you guys.

#powertotheplayer

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

I would view 2019 with mixed success - for the first time in a few years, there was no back pain/tightness during the peak of the season and I felt like I could swing freely for a couple months, with generally good results. My unofficial handicap drifted up early in the year, then dropped back down for a net "no change" which is a little disappointing. I am still way too inconsistent off the tee, though. Playing with @MattF and @Mr_Theoo a few times is always fun.

For 2020, I really need to improve my flexibility/strength and spend more time practicing. My wife and I joined a gym in late 2018 and I know I am better shape, but I need more. In following along the Fit for Golf thread, I plan to try that as I generally get bored going to the gym with no real program to follow. I would also really like to go someplace and get lessons to break down my swing and start over (GolfTec, or similar), but don't know that I have the disposable income at the moment with 2 kids in college. To make a long story short, all my back problems started from playing golf, so I wonder if there is some flaw that is putting pressure on my lower back, that perhaps a swing change can fix.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

• 3 weeks later...

I would view 2019 as the most successful and satisfying golf year of my life. I have been able to shoot several rounds in the 80's, with a personal best of 87. Also, being able to do equipment reviews was a blessing and completely changed the way I look at equipment and the game. Most importantly, getting involved here on the forum and getting to know each of you has been the best thing to happen to my game this year. Being able to share this game with passionate, knowledgeable, and encouraging folks has been fun.

Eyes forward to 2020, I'm looking to improve my approach game. Hitting 20% of my greens is a glaring weakness in my game and I want to improve. I also plan on working on my short game, especially on and around the green. Mostly I just want to get out and enjoy this game and all the great moments it has to offer.

Best of luck to all of you on reaching your goals next year! I look forward to hearing about them.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2019 was a mixed bag on the links.  Carpal tunnel surgery on both hands and a broken thumb limited practice to putting and chipping early in the year.  Played a few singles and partner tournaments in the spring and early summer did quite well thanks to the putting and chipping practice.  Handicap did go from a 6 or so to double digits, but started to fall late summer due to hands feeling better and practicing a bit.  I did get back to my starting point of a 6 but went to an 8 recently due to the course playing longer. 

I did play about 10 new courses which was a kick and marked off several local courses that I had been wanting to play.  I am finally able to pound pretty much unlimited balls with no pain. 

I need to start playing with different and better players that challenge me.  I'm a better player with a little pressure and in the clutch.  Always was in baseball and other sports as well. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Haven't been happy with my game since before the beginning of 2019.  Did the smart thing and got some short game lessons which has improved my game significantly.   Still lots of doubles that mess up my scores.   I know I can play well based on some of my golf league (9 hole) scores;  just need to keep it together for 18 holes.    

For 2020 I am going to take some full swing lessons to tune up my swing,  work on committing to a better on course strategy regarding where to target shots which I hope will translate into more greens in regulation.  Overall I am happy with my putting,  but going to work on better routine to help establish better speed control.  

Goal for 2020 is a sub 5 handicap.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2019 was certainly a roller coaster for me both on and off the golf course. As far as golf went, I had some great things happen, and some not-so-great things. I made significant strides on my short game and putting, however my iron game and driving has suffered significantly. I wasn’t able to break my low round of 70 (one of my main goals), but I was able to score more consistently without my A game. Improvement? Yes and no, but I’m gonna focus on the positives (just like my off the course life), and do everything in my power to improve as overcome the negatives. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

13 hours ago, cnosil said:

Haven't been happy with my game since before the beginning of 2019.  Did the smart thing and got some short game lessons which has improved my game significantly.   Still lots of doubles that mess up my scores.   I know I can play well based on some of my golf league (9 hole) scores;  just need to keep it together for 18 holes.    

For 2020 I am going to take some full swing lessons to tune up my swing,  work on committing to a better on course strategy regarding where to target shots which I hope will translate into more greens in regulation.  Overall I am happy with my putting,  but going to work on better routine to help establish better speed control.  

Goal for 2020 is a sub 5 handicap.  

I think I am going to look for some lessons as well.  I would like to flatten out a little. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

End of 2019 was off, as an overly full schedule of suteaching, work in suicide prevention, a pulled muscle, cool Phoenix weather, and even some rain, made getting out, even to a range, quite the adventure.

I even got behind in my home brew stocks! Got down to 6 cases or less!

My golf goals for 2020 are quite simple. 

As the year ended with much well in my game, just maintaining solid contact is the prime directive.

I would like to gain an extra 10-15 mph ball speed.

Continue to gain mastery of my PING G410+ and shaping shots with the hybrids and irons.

But, most importantly, to continue to have fun, test those Bridgestone spheres, and share thoughts on MGS.

e885f2d2a2051c98e87bf6bf8a82dd17--golf-quotes-golf-sayings.jpg

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 Super Bowl Champions Bag  :  :ping: G410 Plus, Alta Red CB 55 SR Flex, GX-7 14º(acting as a 3 wood),  :ping:   G400 4H, 5H. Sr Flex,   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges graphite SR Shafts (50º, 56º, 60º),  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g :bridgestone: e12 for the items I try to hit on purposematte red, so I can see them. :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

2019 was an up and down year for me, and not just in the short game sense.  I have been working on swing changes; some came easy and others have been very hard to break my old habits.  However, the same has been true this year as in past years; as my short game goes... so goes my score.

I know it's still 2019, but I'm going to use some 2020 hindsight.  😄   I can continue to play the way I have been playing, which requires a lot of short-game practice to play well, or I can change my practice and training routines to focus on more mid-irons and woods.  On most holes at my course my approach shots are with those clubs, not wedges or 9i.  I'm reasonably decent with the longer clubs, but I haven't been practicing those shots, and I know I could be better.  My GIR is low, and if I can bump that up, maybe I can get a shot at shooting my age.  This will be a big change for me, because I really hate hitting on the range, and I enjoy hitting various chips/pitches and putting.   I'm not giving up the short-game work, just adding a long-game practice segment.

Getting back to the SuperSpeed protocols should also help.  Old age is killing me!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”