TESTERS WANTED! ×

Small isue today on course etiquette

pulledabill

Had to go back and play #13 and 14 since I came across a slow 4some . No big deal as course was empty. Roll off 18 and drive back to 13 box. See a solo walker on 13 so I layed back, hit my ball when he was walking to the green, then scanned the pond for balls before I drove to my ball. As I was driving to the green he was teeing of on 14. I finished my hole and drove over to 14 box and stayed back behind the box as It was my last hole and didnt want to push. He was actually. at his ball ready to hit then backed off and started waving me on as he walked away from his ball . I yelled and waved go ahead. He continued to wave me one as he went behind a tree. I needed par for 79, my last  hole. so I drove out and got within good earshot  and said it was my last hole so go ahead. He  was very persistent on me going through and kept telling me to go hit and was waving his arms. I repeated that it was my last hole and wasnt playong through. It sounded like he said im not hitting". So I said "we are going to be here awhile then as Im not playing through with you in the fairway". and drove back to wait and see from the tee box.  He hit and moved on. 

For some reason  he was super persistent on me playing through even after I told him it was my last hole.I hate playing through with someone in the fairway and will never ask someone to play through at that point. If he didnt want a solo cart behind him, hit your tee shot, them wait on box. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I've waived people on from the fairway plenty of times before. More often than not they wave back with thanks and play their ball. I've never had a problem with that before. Just sounds like some wires got crossed as noted above. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I don’t see the issue. He was being courteous to waive you thru which of you scour the interwebz sometimes is an issue for singles. You didn’t want to play thru. Both were being courteous in the approach.

playing thru with someone in the fairway is a common occurrence when letting people play thru.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I'm sure initially he didn't know it was your last hole.  If I'm a single, walking, & there is a cart behind me, I'm definitely going to ask you to play through.  You're going to move faster as a player in the cart vs me walking.  With that being said, he should have just stayed at the tee box & let you go through.  Especially if you had just come up behind the tee box as he was walking off.   But what you could have done to avoid that sense of being pushed from behind, was to maybe putt a few more balls on the hole you had just finished.  Especially if there wasn't anyone behind you.  Thus allowing him to walk all the way down the fairway & out of your site before you teed off.  Problem solved.  So it could be both players not thinking of "etiquette" per se.  

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

4 minutes ago, golfinnut said:

So it could be both players not thinking of "etiquette" per se.  

I think both players were trying to be considerate, but each player had a "selfish" thought at the same time.  For the walker, he didn't want to feel pushed by a player in a cart.  For the OP, he doesn't like to play through someone in a fairway.  And it sounds like each player got a bit stubborn..."I'm not hitting"...." well I'm not hitting until your're gone, so we'll be here for a while".  

I'd say equal credit for being considerate, and equal blame for being stubborn.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

9 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I think both players were trying to be considerate, but each player had a "selfish" thought at the same time.  For the walker, he didn't want to feel pushed by a player in a cart.  For the OP, he doesn't like to play through someone in a fairway.  And it sounds like each player got a bit stubborn..."I'm not hitting"...." well I'm not hitting until your're gone, so we'll be here for a while".  

I'd say equal credit for being considerate, and equal blame for being stubborn.

true .... I'll agree with that reasoning. 

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

14 hours ago, pulledabill said:

If he didnt want a solo cart behind him, hit your tee shot, them wait on box. 

To add to what I said, if I'm walking, and have 5 holes remaining, I really don't want to stand and wait on the tee while the guy behind me plays to the green and putts out, I'd rather keep walking.  When the player behind me (in a cart) is ready to hit, I'll be sure to get well off to the side, and keep careful watch for the incoming ball.  I'll resume walking, probably only get 50 or 100 yards further before the cart gets to the shot, and repeat the process.  To me, that's the right way for a cart player to play through a walker, without disturbing either one's pace too much.  I know there are differing opinions on this, that's just my personal preference.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Was it a huge deal? Of course not. In the moment it just rubbed me wrong as my pet peeve is being waved through (right or wrong)  in the fairway.One thing if he was looking for a ball. but he was dead center.

I do see him every so often so maybe I will spark a conversation next time.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

3 minutes ago, pulledabill said:

Was it a huge deal? Of course not. In the moment it just rubbed me wrong as my pet peeve is being waved through (right or wrong)  in the fairway.One thing if he was looking for a ball. but he was dead center.

I do see him every so often so maybe I will spark a conversation next time.

It was a big enough deal for you to have to vent about it on a golf forum instead of just letting it go after the round.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1