Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Taylormade TP5x Review!

Austin @austxd

I have been using the Taylormade TP5x balls since they released and even used the Tour Preferred X balls before that so I know what I am saying about Taylormade golf balls.  The TP5x is a great ball which is why many tour pros use them.  I have used way over 200 TP5x balls since I do play every day and one thing I have noticed is how damaged they are able to get even after one shot.  I time I even took a fresh TP5x out because on the previous hole it was way too damaged to use.  I hit a 5 iron and the cover over the ball was nearly cracked in to two.  Last week I used a TP5x for 15 holes and by that time, on the 16th hole it was unusable because I even managed to pull the whole cover off the ball.  Under the cover is the grey 4th layer.  Other than that, the ball is absolutely awesome.  It feels decently hard which is what I like and the ball is perfect for me because I swing my driver around 104mph.  The ball goes farther than most other balls I have tested and is perfect for anyone not needing any more spin.  If you do need a bit more spin, I recommend the TP5 or other balls such as the Titleist Prov1's.  What I do is I only use new balls in tournaments and once they are used they go in to my used ball pocket so I can use them again for practice rounds or chipping practice and putting.  I have managed to use many different TP5x for longer than 10 rounds so I am not sure why they sometimes break so easily.  Overall I believe that the Taylormade TP5x is easily one of the best balls on the market.  I prefer them over any other ball which I can firmly say because I have tried multiple different types of golf balls over the years.