TESTERS WANTED! ×

You have an option to delete ONE part of your game...

Sen

Delete the memory of any part of your game, long, short, or more specific, wedge, driver, putters. Whatever, you will forget the mechanics, the experiences you have ever hitting those shots. So you can start fresh.  Would you do it? If you would, what part of the game would you use your wipe on? 

Edited by Sen

putting.  I'd like to be able to make more putts outside of 2 feet on a more consistent basis.  The rest of the game has it's ebbs and flows but the one constant frustration in my golf game is putting.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

Wouldn’t do it. While the option may be tempting those experiences are what build the knowledge you have regarding feel, what mechanics work, and how to make adjustments to what is happening that particular day.

I want to improve my game but that requires me to keep building on past experiences.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

48 minutes ago, Sen said:

Delete the memory of any part of your game, long, short, or more specific, wedge, driver, putters. Whatever, you will forget the mechanics, the experiences you have ever hitting those shots. Would you do it? If you would, what part of the game would you use your wipe on? 

I would delete the  excruciating back pain.

44 minutes ago, GSwag said:

putting.  I'd like to be able to make more putts outside of 2 feet on a more consistent basis.  The rest of the game has it's ebbs and flows but the one constant frustration in my golf game is putting.

So you would delete that part and start fresh? Would you use the same putter?

3 minutes ago, Sen said:

So you would delete that part and start fresh? Would you use the same putter?

Yes.  Probably test out about 100 different putters until I find one that works well for me.  I'm mostly self taught, and that includes putting.  It might be interesting to have a pro look at my putting stroke and technique and offer some advice and try and get me more consistent on every roll.  Consistency is the main thing that I am lacking.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

shanking!

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Doesn't sound like a viable option for me.   I'd prefer to just build on my weaknesses rather than start anew.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I like to reminisce about parts of my game because they are improved from long ago. For example, I remember how I was once a poor driver of the ball. I was so bad at one time that I would tee up a 2i and leave the driver the bag all day. That's no way to play this game. Then I progressed to a 2w -  and I do mean an actual wooden club. Today I consider myself a decent/good all round player. No two days are alike. Some better than others. But, I play/score in a narrow band and to me that's good. 

So no .. I don't want to remove from memory any part of my game past or present. My golf memories over the past 55 years are gold.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

On 12/9/2019 at 11:08 AM, cnosil said:

Wouldn’t do it. While the option may be tempting those experiences are what build the knowledge you have regarding feel, what mechanics work, and how to make adjustments to what is happening that particular day.

I want to improve my game but that requires me to keep building on past experiences.

And when you get as old as Nifty and myself the past experiences also add up to instinct--- I have always been an overall instinct player especially putting. Like I mentioned in another thread I used to arc putt. I had been having putting problems the last 2 years or so. It had gotten so bad I was thinking about quitting the game. It can be frustrating when you are striking the ball good and shoot in the high 70s with a 3 or 4  3 putts and several missed birdie opportunities a round. I had often quipped the following " Do you know why Hogan quit the game?" Answer --- Because he could not putt. I  examined my overall putting game. Realized I was always an arc putter and my eyes and hands did not work as well as they used to. I went to a left hand low grip and it makes me a SBST  putter now but the face is squared through the impact zone and I do not have to think about it. Now I just pick my line judge the speed and do not think about it. Funny thing was back in the day I was not that straight of a driver long but crooked. I could get out of jail with a 5 iron usually and wedge it and putt it in. Now my swing is not as fast or as long and I am straight but for a while I could not make a putt in a washtub.  

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Lack of focus

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

interesting question. I suppose, for me, it would be my driver. Currently it is the most inconsistent club. While it isn't horribly off line it does present me with some creative shot making I'd rather not see during a round. I have at times teed off with my 3 wood just to keep it near the middle of the fairway. And what is most irritating is my miss hits are not consistent. I can go along a few holes hitting reasonable nice tee shots then outs the blue I'll blow one off to the left. Followed by many more off to the left and I'm ay a loss at to why? I go to the range and within a few shots back to somewhat normal.

The rest of my game I'm good with, nothing there I'd want to fix.

Chris

Far and Sure......

:callaway-small:          GBB Epic  11*             

:callaway-small:               GBB Epic 7W (Heavenwood)

:ping-small::             G410 4 thru GW

:callaway-logo-1:   MD3 54*,60*                                                         

:cleveland-small:         Huntington Beach Soft #4

:bridgestone-small:   Tour B RX

Driving 100%.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Course management.

I was never taught anything about it and went on pure instincts while learning the game. Everything I have learned from professionals over the last year has helped immensely but is in battle with what I previously did. Deleting out that entire section and starting from scratch would be super helpful.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Driving. If I were even a mediocre driver of the golf ball, I'd cut my handicap in half. 

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino