Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

No Putts Given 25: 2020 Callaway MAVRIK Driver

GolfSpy MPR

Callaway announces the new 2020 MAVRIK Driver and to quote Kenobi, we've got a bad feeling about this one. Will Scotty Cameron stay at #1 in putters with the Phantom X 12.5? And are you giving up yards with your spikeless shoe?

LET'S GET IT!

1:52 - Callaway's 2020 MAVRIK Driver
12:47 - Scotty Cameron's Phantom X 12.5
20:06 - Spiked vs. Spikeless Shoe Study
28:18 - The BOA shoe enclosure system
34:33 - New Arrivals at the MGS Test Facility

🔊 Listen to NPG:

📺 Watch NPG:

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

21 minutes ago, krusher74 said:

Do you think that driver name is coming of the back of topgun 2 being out this year, and expecting the american market to go all patriotic for it? (sorry not listened to the podcast)

Wouldn't surprise me. They did the same thing thing with the rogue and the star wars movie. At least that time they spelled it correctly 

15 hours ago, jlukes said:

Wouldn't surprise me. They did the same thing thing with the rogue and the star wars movie. At least that time they spelled it correctly 

Oh yeah, did not make the rogue connection, I'm thinking the correct spelling of maverick has some copyright problems, or their trying to be "edgy"  I think its kinda bold to go with a name, its hard to be put off with letters and numbers. but i could certainly put up more resistance on the implications of having mavrik written on my club, like im not going to be buying a superman t-shirt anytime soon.

I have both a Superman and a Flash shirt and I don't resemble either. As far as the Mavrik driver goes, it's not pretty but I said the same thing about the Epic Flash and it performs spectacularly.

Oh yeah, did not make the rogue connection, I'm thinking the correct spelling of maverick has some copyright problems, or their trying to be "edgy"  I think its kinda bold to go with a name, its hard to be put off with letters and numbers. but i could certainly put up more resistance on the implications of having mavrik written on my club, like im not going to be buying a superman t-shirt anytime soon.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• 5 weeks later...