tony@CIC

President's Cup 2019

Our Sponsors

Royal Melbourne looks fantastic. And crazy fast. This is going to be a really fun competition to watch.

• Like 3

Royal Melbourne looks fantastic. And crazy fast. This is going to be a really fun competition to watch.

Those greens look like 3 putts every hole for us mere humans.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Royal Melbourne is the real attraction here. Looks absolutely amazing on TV.

I can’t get excited for this competition though. Not sure if it’s the disjointed attempt to throw random countries together to form the International team or the utter dominance of the US?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Whoa DJ and Gary that's not a good start for the first day. You guys need to get in gear!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Some great golf being played so far.   Tiger telling JT to get his ball on the first hole was golden

• Like 2

The International team came to play.  I think it would be nice if this competition was actually competitive through singles.

• Like 1

Putting seemed to be the difference from what I saw.and Tiger was by far the best player on the course. 

• Like 1

Tiger was fantastic today. Will be interesting to see how the day will impact Tiger's decisions as both a player and coach. I predict Royal Melbourne to be the real star of the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

Some great golf being played so far.   Tiger telling JT to get his ball on the first hole was golden

My initial reaction when Tiger told JT to "go get that" was "I wonder if that was a shot at Spieth?" 

Maybe telling him to get his s**t in gear!?!?!

• Haha 3

Just a reminder that the US was up 3-1 last year at Ryder Cup after the first session and then Europe then went on a tear and dominated the rest of the Ryder Cup to easily take the cup.  So losing the first session like the US did is not that big a deal.  Not a great start by any measure, but still it can be easily overcome.

And yes, putting was the big difference.  DJ just looks totally lost out there fwiw.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GSwag said:

.  DJ just looks totally lost out there fwiw.

Agree - definitely didn't have the intensity or focus that is characteristic DJ. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Agree - definitely didn't have the intensity or focus that is characteristic DJ. 

Did someone put him in a house with stairs again?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JohnSmalls said:

Did someone put him in a house with stairs again?

Or maybe Paulina was cranky after the long plane ride to Melbourne

• Like 1

.  So losing the first session like the US did is not that big a deal. 

Will have to change history. I think I heard them say that no team that lost the first session has won the presidents cup.
  • Sad 2

22 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Will have to change history. I think I heard them say that no team that lost the first session has won the presidents cup.

Well, there ain't much history here, with this only being the 13th one.  I like to factor in Ryder Cup stuff with something like this too, because I am quite sure last year's meltdown in France is fresh on the minds of most of the guys on this team, and they are not wanting a repeat of that crap show.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I wonder how much of that had to do with his knee surgery. He probably didn’t have as good of a chance to practice as some of the other guys, and it probably feels a little different during his swing.

• Like 2