TESTERS ANNOUNCED! SKYCADDIE SX400 GPS

Our Sponsors

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

(10) TESTERS WANTED: SKYCADDIE SX400 GPS There are far more people out there still using flip-phones than one might think. Call them traditionalists or Luddites, there's always a contingent happy

Not if that's your application. 🤔    

TESTERS ANNOUNCED: Testing the SkyCaddie SX400 will be: @SteddyGolf @gregh729 @Will_the_thrill @Quigleyd @gobama84 @CarlH @JohnSmalls @TR1

Posted Images

Thank you for the opportunity...

• Tony Yeh and San Francisco Bay Area, California
  • I currently use a GPS watch + laser some times.
  • I believe technology help golfer enjoy each round more, plus it helps to speed up play by providing information to reduce doubt. And maybe collecting more data during the round.

Good luck to me!!!

Andy, Greater Seattle Area

I currently estimate yardages by using in course markers and pacing off. I think about distances as minimum carry, and backstop distance to gauge a distance window rather than focusing purely on distance to pin.

I tend to be somewhat skeptical about new golf technology. I think most new innovations tend to be overhyped to generate sales. Looking at stats I think a game changing technology tends to happen every 6-10 years. Year over year I don’t usually notice an equipment change. Big ones for example being hollow body irons, hollow body drivers, lightweight and stuff composite shafts, multi-piece balls. I will say loft jacking is a big concern of mine. I prefer more traditional lofts to control spin and trajectory. It doesn’t help me any if I hit a 6 iron 220 but so low it won’t hold a green. I focus more on improving my skill than looking for technology to improve my game. I have found launch monitors useful when practicing to look at spin rates and attack angles. Ultimately I think a good golfer needs to rely their skill and mental creativity. No technology is going to make a hacker and scratch player. This year I’m looking to drop from a mid single digit to a low/scratch player to play in the WA State mid-am. I would like the opportunity to test this GPS. I play a couple times a week even this time a year and will be playing in some offseason tournaments this winter and spring.

Edited by EasyAZ91
  • Ian Cunningham in Monterey, CA
  • From my cart mate or yaradge sticks/sprinkler heads
  • Getting all the right data causes intrusion to the weekend golfer.  I want an escape from my phone but every yaradge/tech device needs to be in my pocket and updated all the time.  Something simple but non intensive is ideal.

Mike K./Cincinnati, OH

Have been using Sky Caddie SG3.5, but lost it on a golf trip in October. Have been considering switching to a rangefinder, but have not made any decision yet,

Yardage tech is great for the game, in my opinion. Not only do we get greens distances, but distances to hazards, landing areas, etc. that we would only guess at before. Very few of us would pace those things off before now. If we did, the groups behind us would let us know about it. That segues into my favorite reason for this tech.....speed up play while improving your game. Pro tours need to embrace this tech to help solve their pace of play issues.

Wish I could jump in on this but here in NW Ohio I am not able to for a few months.  Looking fwd to reading the reviews tho.  Have a great Christmas and New Years everyone...cheers to 2020!🙏

Tour Edge EXS 220  driver, Sub70 699  irons, Titleist TS2 and Wilson Staff FG5 fairway, Wilson Staff FG5 hybrid,

Cleveland CBX2 wedges,  Tommy Armour Impact #3 putter

Psalm 73:26 🙏

On 12/13/2019 at 6:34 AM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

(10) TESTERS WANTED: SKYCADDIE SX400 GPS

There are far more people out there still using flip-phones than one might think. Call them traditionalists or Luddites, there's always a contingent happy to eschew technological advancements in favor of a more orthodox approach.

In golf parlance, this group tends to be feel players and might be overheard describing a shot as " a three-fingered 7-iron."

That aside, the merits of distance-measuring devices can't be ignored and if you've been looking for a reason to experience it first-hand, this might be just the opportunity.

sx400_device_500x500_02.jpg

Testers Wanted

We're looking for 10 golfers who don't currently use any sort of distance-measuring device (GPS, rangefinder) to test, review, and keep SkyCaddie's new SX400 GPS.  As you know, MyGolfSpy takes its product testing very seriously. All of our reader reviews are published in our Community Forum. We expect a lot from our reviewers – writing a thorough, detailed, and honest review is a commitment, requiring extensive on-course work as well as participation in the Forum itself to answer questions and discuss product performance with other golfers.

That means to be a potential reviewer, you must be a registered member of the MyGolfSpy Community Forum, where you’ll find thousands of like-minded golfers from all over the world anxious to talk about golf equipment.

C5722F89-227D-4B0A-83EB-64DF140B8FDD.png

This opportunity is open to golfers residing in the US with access to outdoor testing.  To apply to test and review a SkyCaddie SX400 GPS, reply to this thread with the following information:

• Name and Location
  • How do you currently get your yardages?
  • How do you feel about technology's relationship with golf?

On 12/13/2019 at 6:34 AM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

There are far more people out there still using flip-phones than one might think. Call them traditionalists or Luddites, there's always a contingent happy to eschew technological advancements in favor of a more orthodox approach.

In golf parlance, this group tends to be feel players and might be overheard describing a shot as " a three-fingered 7-iron."

That aside, the merits of distance-measuring devices can't be ignored and if you've been looking for a reason to experience it first-hand, this might be just the opportunity.

Testers Wanted

We're looking for 10 golfers who don't currently use any sort of distance-measuring device (GPS, rangefinder) to test, review, and keep SkyCaddie's new SX400 GPS.  As you know, MyGolfSpy takes its product testing very seriously. All of our reader reviews are published in our Community Forum. We expect a lot from our reviewers – writing a thorough, detailed, and honest review is a commitment, requiring extensive on-course work as well as participation in the Forum itself to answer questions and discuss product performance with other golfers.

That means to be a potential reviewer, you must be a registered member of the MyGolfSpy Community Forum, where you’ll find thousands of like-minded golfers from all over the world anxious to talk about golf equipment.

This opportunity is open to golfers residing in the US with access to outdoor testing.  To apply to test and review a SkyCaddie SX400 GPS, reply to this thread with the following information:

• Name and Location
  • How do you currently get your yardages?
  • How do you feel about technology's relationship with golf?

On 12/13/2019 at 4:34 PM, Bunker Snot said:

Shane, Eugene, OR

The Garmin watch I had died so I am back to stakes, sprinkler heads and the kindness of playing partners who have DMD.

The golf game has become all about the numbers; swing speed, ball speed, launch angle and exacting distances, so computing  technology is a natural partner.  Game tracking apps, launch monitors and distance measuring devices take some of the feel out of the game but if you want to keep up with the Jones having the latest tools and technology is necessary.  Sign me up for testing and lets see what the Skycaddie can do.

Richard Zielke, The Woodlands, TX.  I eyeball my shot distances. If technology slows down the game, it’s not technology. No one wants to wait to hit their next great shot

On 12/13/2019 at 4:34 AM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Testers Wanted

Eric Lozano Fontana, Ca

I only use my eyes for a guess or sprinkler heads. Maybe have a friend is a laser sight.

I’m 100% in for new technology. Just haven’t added it to my rounds, but I have custom clubs. Been ball fit and hell even buy custom shirts. I’m in the market for something to help my game day even better.

I am located in Jenkins KY , I currently belong to a golf course that have the GPS units built into the carts. I personally don't use them but several of my buddies rely on them . I use a the Bushnell Hybrid range finder with the GPS built in and love it . It comes with the app of the course and lay up and hazard info . I am very fortunate to own  a Foresight indoor simulator with the ability to take my unit to the course . Ive only had it for 3 months now but have use it on and off the course , it has given me a whole new understanding of my yardages and gap testing as well as developing a new course strategy . I am a firm believer in tech , it think it can help all all golfer improve . thanks

Matt K - Raleigh, North Carolina

I currently rely on playing the course backwards.  Try and hit to the 150 marker and play from there.  Sprinkler head markings also help out.  Normally finding the distances to bunkers or other hazards can be a problem.

The role technology has in the game of golf is rapidly increasing.  From the moment you go buy your clubs, you will be fitted using a TrackMan or some other swing analyzer.  Getting lessons is highly reliant on watching your swing in slow motion and giving pointers on how to fix your swing "flaws". Cart-based GPS monitors are rapidly increasing as well.  Even with augmented reality you can use an app on your phone to read the green and show the putting lines.

Personally I am excited at what technology has brought the game.  It has made the game easier for newer players by providing the best equipment for their body type and swing.  The GPS in the cart gives you a semi-accurate distance making club selection easier.  I prefer to walk courses and don't get to benefit from the cart but having sprinkler head markings as well as the range stakes makes finding the distance easier, but I still miss every once in a while or believe my lay up is further than it really is.

Michael

Irondale, AL 35210

I currently utilize yardage books and distances as stated on sprinkler heads and from my view when I’m standing over the ball.

I think technology helps make the game better by increasing the quality of golf.

Dave, Honolulu, HI

Get yardages from Laser range finder

Technology is very helpful in the right doses.  There is no substitute for a good fundamental golf swing as well as a good understanding of how the game is played.

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to TESTERS ANNOUNCED! SKYCADDIE SX400 GPS
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic